Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#611578 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>What are you talking about? A few choice verses? Do those happen to be the ones you don't need to interpret and follow? If you felt they all applied to you like i do then any verse picked out should be able to be explained. Did you not factor these verses in when coming to your understanding of the scriptures as a whole? Maybe that is the problem?
Hebrews 6:4-6
“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.”
Matthew 24:11-13
and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Matthew 12:36-37
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned
Romans 2:5-8
"But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God "will give to each person according to what he has done. To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger."
is this all you got?

THE BIBLE! put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#611579 Dec 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"Screw what Jesus said." - Waasssuup
aaaahhhh...mennn

That would be a weird service no? If they read that verse and that was the response!

Probably a favorite at the "Church of the TRUE Christians"

'And I tell you my true brothers and sisters, beware of the false Christians telling you to follow the words of Christ and question why you ignore chunks of scripture. Beware of this obedient and faithful "believer". Rebuke him and tell him, you just don't understand. Do not explain what cannot be explained. Do not attempt to go by the actual words. You know in your heart that you are never wrong. Cast out these pretenders who claim you must obey Christ and remain faithful. Jesus did not lay down his life expecting you to do such things. Yes technically unbelievers are not obedient and are not faithful. But those unbelievers aren't you. Why should you be required to do what Jesus tells you that you must? Tell these charlatens that they simply do not trust in God as evidence by the fact they think they must follow his teachings. Now go out and identify these fake Christians. And remember, everything you do, no mater how sinful, is justified. Hallelujah"

My apologies to OSAS believers but you will never see me initiate an exchange where I question your beliefs or understanding of the Bible. And while i have ignored this for so very long, or tried to, I chose to respond when attacked once again. Please do not feel this is an attack on anyone who can agree to disagree without leveling such claims

Location hidden

#611580 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
is this all you got?
THE BIBLE! put that in your pipe and smoke it!
LOL

You get an A-plus in avoidance

The Bible is what I have been quoting you. You clearly don't recognize it!

Location hidden

#611581 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm all for you being righteous through your own efforts, dude, but i gotta say emphatically that i'm not able to.
is that okay w/you?:)
Now you are lying brother. I never said i am made righteous by my own actions. Only Christ can declare one righteous and the only time he will is when we are in obedience to his teachings

Romans 2:13
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

My obedience and faithfulness on their own could never save me. A man can not save himself and needs Christ to do it. But when we are faithful and obedient he has promised to see us as righteous and save us. It is only from his mercy that we can be saved. But his mercy will not fall on the disobedient and the unfaithful. This is what was foretold and this is what is true..

Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon

It is a promise He makes to us and He will keep it

2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611582 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Of course not. But that is what those verses were about. This is how we first go about falling under the Sacrifice..
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
At that point our sins are wiped clean. We are also told at that point that we are new creations in Christ, to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling, that only those of the devil will continue to sin, to be imitators of Christ and to be perfect like our Father in Heaven is perfect.
When we continue to sin the we need the Father to wipe away those sins. He will do so because of obedience and things like:
Matthew 6
[14] For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you;
[15] but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
It is important that we remain in Christ's love. He tells us over and over again we do so by remaining faithful and obedient:
John 15:L10
10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.
or those that turn their back on God and no longer care about repentance or obedience...
Luke 8:13
They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
John 15:6
6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.
2Timothy 2:12
if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;
Faith and obedience is an ongoing process. Unless you believe Christ will save the unfaithful and the disobedient?
Hebrews 3:6
But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, IF we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end...For we are made partakers of Christ, IF we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.
so what i'm hearing from you is that we are supposed to begin our walk in the spirit, but we're supposed to continue and are made perfected through striving in ourself efforts towards holiness.

is this correct?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611583 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are being intentionally obtuse brother
I am not asking you about the obedience of Christ. There is no doubt He is obedient. The question is, will you be as he told you that you must to remain in His love the same way he was obedient to remain in His father's love?
John 15
9"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.
"You are being intentionally obtuse brother"

maybe a lil bit. are you being intentionally selfrighteous, brother?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611584 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Those verses are in the Bible friend
Were you not just telling people it is mind-boggling to you that they don't go to the Bible direct and specifically that they don't go right to the gospels to read the words of Jesus direct?
Yet now when given the words of Jesus from the gospels you want to act is if they do not matter and are just part of a whole in which their meaning never comes into play. How can you have an understanding of the Bible as a whole of you left out so many verses when forming your understanding? I mean here is Jesus talking about the two greatest commandments and eternal life. How is that not worth going over?
Luke 10:27-28
27 He answered,“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ and,‘Love your neighbor as yourself.“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied.“Do this and you will live.”
Matthew 19:16-17
Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."
i gave you the best i have when i told you that Jesus came under the law to fulfill the law and explained that he was breaking the rich young ruler of his selfrighteousness when challenging him to do things Jesus knew he couldn't do and YOU DIDN'T RESPOND TO THAT!

should we just agree to disagree - you seek your righteousness through your obedience to the commandmensts of Christ and i'll trust in His obedience to the cross for me- and we'll part ways peacefully?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#611585 Dec 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Just to clarify, Luci is not my ex-wife. Luci and I were "girlfriend and boyfriend" a several months ago beginning about a year a go.
Truth be told I love them both but there comes a time to let go.
why do you bother explaining anything to these speculative gossips?

if you want to keep making a public mockery of yourself fine, just keep me out of it please and stop feeling so sorry for yourself, it's pathetic, especially since you know damn well that you are a self confessed arsehole.

(i know 'larry' i'm an azzhole too, just like you are a backstabbing one)

Location hidden

#611586 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
so what i'm hearing from you is that we are supposed to begin our walk in the spirit, but we're supposed to continue and are made perfected through striving in ourself efforts towards holiness.
is this correct?
It is hard to address your questions when you have ignored like 50 verses that answer this directly on point. But I will repeat to you what the verses say/

The Holy Spirit is given to those who obey the Lord (Acts 5:32). When we repent and are baptized in the name of Christ we receive the Holy Spirit(Acts 2:28)

At that point we fall under the sacrifice of sins. But there can come a time when we are not covered:

Hebrews 10:26
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left

This happens if we turn our back on Christ and His teachings and go our own way. Some will go so far as to be beyond the point of repentance (Hebrews 6:4-6) But most will fall under James 5:19-20 and still be saved

For those that do not turn their back on the Lord but simply struggle with sin while remaining faithful and striving for obedience, they will remain in the love of Christ (John 15:10) and their sins will be forgiven (Matthew 5:44-45)

Christ's mercy and grace is what ultimately saves us. But He only promises that to the faithful and obedient

Location hidden

#611587 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i gave you the best i have when i told you that Jesus came under the law to fulfill the law and explained that he was breaking the rich young ruler of his selfrighteousness when challenging him to do things Jesus knew he couldn't do and YOU DIDN'T RESPOND TO THAT!
should we just agree to disagree - you seek your righteousness through your obedience to the commandmensts of Christ and i'll trust in His obedience to the cross for me- and we'll part ways peacefully?
Cage. Go.

Location hidden

#611588 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"You are being intentionally obtuse brother"
maybe a lil bit. are you being intentionally selfrighteous, brother?
Not at all

It was you who questioned who was a real Christian and posted to others I lack understanding of the Bible. it was you who found this amusing at first. I was perhaps a little annoyed but not self-righteous. Unlike you I feel I constantly still need to learn and accept there are things I may be wrong about. I do not judge who is a real Christian. So no, I do not see myself as self-righteous.

Location hidden

#611589 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely responded to it brother

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

But yes, I see no reason we can not part ways peacefully

Location hidden

#611590 Dec 4, 2013
Is this going to turn into one of those 'christian knife fights' I've read about?

*starts thinking about publicity and popcorn*

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611591 Dec 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Jesus said so:
"I want you to know that mankind has authority on earth to forgive sins." - Earliest Manuscripts of Mark(2:10)
lol - you're kinda manipulating my words but i do agree that Jesus gave us authority on earth to forgive, heal, deliver....
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#611592 Dec 4, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
In 1813 Jane Austen wrote the following in the book "Pride and Prejudice"...
"A WOMAN, especially, if she have the misfortune of knowing anything, should conceal it as well as she can."
Jumping to today's scenario...
"Is this what we are seeing in the trolls who are attacking women in the media – a kind of widespread domestic violence protected by the anonymity of Twitter? The stirrings of a gender crisis?"
"One way to get rid of these feelings is to attack the "other" – the women – who are threatening their security. The misogynist trolls seem to be ferociously trying to push their own fear and vulnerability onto their women victims – much like passing a hot potato. Hatred and denigration of the "weaker" sex makes trolls feel superior – they feel themselves to be the powerful ones, not vice versa."
http://www.theweek.co.uk/uk-news/54501/criado...
Interesting essay on why some "trolls" pick women to bully...
Someone (I think Knowledge) posted something to the affect that a certain "troll" here hates women that speak their mind...maybe it goes further than that.
I don't disagree that whoever would do this is a coward and it should be called out. Last week my bro in law asked if I was into online games? I'm not but he was sharing that some people go crazy attacking people because they think they are hid in the net. Not so much it seems. As I posted some time back a 13 year old (Lakeland, Fl) girl killed herself after online bullying. And after this one girl now arrested and charged was happy about it and did brag online. The police found her and a friend as well. I see it as a the word of God proving true as it says mans love will grow cold and care not about truth or really anything but self pleasure.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611593 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
You get an A-plus in avoidance
The Bible is what I have been quoting you. You clearly don't recognize it!
i have NOT been avoiding it, i've been answering your questions better than you ever could!

my general response to you quoting biblical obligations is that i'm already 100% perfect IN CHRIST! if you're not, you got some hard time ahead of you to do, my friend!:)
Knowledge

United States

#611594 Dec 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one taking the second hand words of Medieval Priests as "the word of God".
I read and study ALL the 200+ early Christian Scriptures, not just the couple Constantine proclaimed was the "Word of God".
I read them, study them and think for myself. I don't need your priests and preachers telling what to think.
You know Ben, if it was not for you and Black Thunder, my Bible studies would have just remained that. I started doing some soul searching after you and I battled for such a good while. After I left, a new world opened up for me. Of course, the literature mainly was backed up from the Bible, but so many parts where missing. I could not believe how many times the Bible had been rewritten over the centuries. I honestly was at an awe. So,I did more searching and more searching. A new world opened up to me. I became obsessed with learning more and more. I have even spoke to my pastor, and made copies for them about many things everyone did not know....that was left out. But, had been written in, long ago.....I was so angry when I found that out. That is why my journey still continues to this day. If it hadn't of been for you and I and Black Thunder deciding to agree to disagree and be civil in our conversations.....I never would have made those first steps. We all can learn from each other, if we just lay aside our differences and just listen.:) I am glad we decided to become friends and learn from each other, instead of fighting constantly, like we use too......God knew what He was doing......:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611595 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Now you are lying brother. I never said i am made righteous by my own actions. Only Christ can declare one righteous and the only time he will is when we are in obedience to his teachings
Romans 2:13
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
My obedience and faithfulness on their own could never save me. A man can not save himself and needs Christ to do it. But when we are faithful and obedient he has promised to see us as righteous and save us. It is only from his mercy that we can be saved. But his mercy will not fall on the disobedient and the unfaithful. This is what was foretold and this is what is true..
Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon
It is a promise He makes to us and He will keep it
2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
"Now you are lying brother. I never said i am made righteous by my own actions. Only Christ can declare one righteous and the only time he will is when we are in obedience to his teachings"

i'm glad we're finally on the same page and here is Christ's teaching:

"this is the work of God, that you believe on the One whom He sent" - Jesus

are there other 'works' besides believing in Christ that you'd like to add when Jesus was emphatically and in context telling the people that there's not?
El Centro

United States

#611596 Dec 4, 2013
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
I WARNED ALL YOU PIGS. EVERY BATTLE IS WON BEFORE
IT'S EVER FOUGHT.
SKUMBAGLIS WANTS TO BAN ME BECAUSE HE'S SICK AND
TIRED OF HOW MUCH I INTELLECTUALL CANNIBALIZE HIM.
HE'S SICK AND TIRED OF HOW MUCH I PSYCHOLOGICALLY
OBLITERATE HIM. HE'S SICK AND TIRED OF HOW MUCH
I MENTALLY CRUSH HIM. HE'S JEALOUS OF MY
INCOMPARABLE PROSE, LIMITLESS VOCABULARY,
UNMATCHABLE WIT, UNREACHABLE INSIGHT, AND
INDESCRIBABLE DEPTH. HE'S A REAL PU**Y WHO
IS NO MATCH FOR ME AND SO HE IS MAKING ENORMOUS
PLEAS TO TOPIX TO GET ME BANNED. BUT YOU CAN'T
BAN KEYZER SOZE.........IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!
Bunch of LIFELESS RATS!!!!!!!BUNCH OF HOPELESSLY
PATHETIC SUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!! !!!!!!
You are a buffoon.
Knowledge

United States

#611597 Dec 4, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
propose date and sucl his d.....
instead sorries and apolgoes to this diabolic satan seed
sesh
I hate christianity like all of you are abominable suckers ,hipocrities,Liar, and slanders-whole bundle of tears worth only to be thrown to the fire
even friendly fatherly gestures to the wicked adulters twist normality and they only want to dates to commit adultery and sick menatality against own children( like this brain sick Luci)
I never date adulters,fornicators and liars like Luci or you sick psychopaths
full of women parts stinking genitalia warts
Yet you said you were married, and talking about dating... geez, isn't that adultry.? Or are you going to act like your single now. You got toooooooooo mamy stories!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Gods View 987,288
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min kent 687,234
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min science god 30,922
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 2 hr Jack Pitan 9
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Edthirty 286,548
Topix is run by a bunch of GAY LOSERS 6 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 7 hr Doctor REALIUTY 6
More from around the web