Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#611478 Dec 3, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
You too Ben, I think I am going to retire early tonight too. Have had insomnia this week, I guess all the Holidays and too much to do. The great thing is most of my Christmas shopping is almost done.
Insomnia isn't just a guest this week here, it a permanent resident.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#611479 Dec 3, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>Is that what he told you? LOL okay. After all you did degrade him in public, after he said you were a good mom, even. But I guess after all, the joke was on you. ;) He had his cake and pie too! LOL

Study, study, study....
Nasty lil clueless troll. Guess you're done pretending to be Duane's friend? Your viciousness is more honest.

*A loving christian.*

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#611480 Dec 3, 2013
I wonder where LeLe is? geez I miss her, or do I?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#611483 Dec 4, 2013

Morning

“The future has an ancient heart.”

~ Carlo Levi

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#611484 Dec 4, 2013

Today's Prayer

"Oh, God, that you would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain" to You, to my loved ones, to the people around me, or to myself, and that I would be a blessing to all and a witness for You. Thank you, God. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.(based on 1 Chronicles 4:10)

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#611485 Dec 4, 2013

Encouraging Words

Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.

Psalm 37:3

K-Love

judy

New York, NY

#611486 Dec 4, 2013
rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#611487 Dec 4, 2013

White Christmas...Kenny G

http://youtu.be/txFLTNzK3MQ

(I take requests...((*L-))

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#611488 Dec 4, 2013

Wow...It was quiet last night...Kudos to the Door man....LOL

Have a good day

I will C U L-8-TR

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#611489 Dec 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I say you're focusing on two negative things about America when there are hundreds of positive things.
Like the internet, rock-n-roll, ipod, iphone, everything Apple, Google, the Ford Mustang, slam dunks, beaches, YouTube, the NFL, Harley Davidson, Facebook, the slip-n-slide, Coca-Cola, the Simpsons, religious freedom, Netflix, redwood trees and Bugs Bunny.
The list goes on and on and on as to why America is awesome and to demonstrate that God's hand is at work here.
The gluttony of fat Americans is the influence of Satan. Some people are ignorant of that.
You might want to do some research on why we are more obese in this country now vs 50 years ago...maybe too much internet, ipods, iphones...etc...etc...is what has caused obesity.

Not concentrating on the negatives RR...they are there and should not be ignored.

You took my post as a slam against your faith instead of looking at any correlation between the two facts. I think the discussion could have been...what roll does religion play in all of this...does it influence it one way or the other. Has the decline in church attendance played a roll...or could it possible be all of those things that you think we are blessed with.

Oh well...

We used to be a more family oriented society...working...playing... and yes...even attending church together...we weren't so obese then...and where I grew up...we never locked doors.

Okay...never mind...I do not want to try and discuss a topic where Satan is the only answer or where the "heathen" has to take the whole wrap.

Hope you have a great day RR.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#611490 Dec 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
White Christmas...Kenny G
http://youtu.be/txFLTNzK3MQ
(I take requests...((*L-))
Gwen

New York, NY

#611491 Dec 4, 2013
rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#611493 Dec 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT is why I am not a Christian.
I believe in Jesus. I want to read and learn everything about Him and understand Him. I don't want handed down medieval fairy tales butchered by a preacher.
How anyone who really believes in Jesus doesn't is a mystery to me. It seems all you/they want from Jesus is a get out of Hell pass so they can continue to sin like non-believers.
IMHO that is pissing all over Jesus.
there is no better way to learn about Jesus then to read His words verbatim from the Gospels and it's mind boggling to me that someone like you could think getting things very second-hand from others is better - but have it your way!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611494 Dec 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen you lying scumbag, I am struggling to make it to class three days a week while on chemo therapy. I am bed/chair ridden four days a week. As of January I will be on disability until September.
WTF is your pitiful excuse for being here hours on end day and night ?
i jump in out out a few times sum days...never here at night;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611495 Dec 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>When I said not everything has to do with salvation I thought you were saying that is why people would rebuke others. So I was basically saying that salvation doesn't even have to be on someone's mind to want to be obedient
But as far as who decides, that is easy. God does. I don't set the rules. None of us do. But there are things that are written that can't just be dismissed. For example:
Matthew 19:16-17
Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments"
JOHN 15
10you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.
Hebrews”10:26-27
“If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God
1Corinthians 15:1-2
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, IF ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
2Peter 2:20-2
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them
Now I personally think it comes down to an overall mindset such as explained here:
Timothy 2:12
if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;
Although if you have an alternate interpretation for those verses I am willing to listen
brother - if you haven't learned how to depend on the obedience and righteousness of Christ over your own (Christianity 101), i'm not gonna be able to help you with it over the internet.

good luck being as good as God in your own efforts and please holla at me when you've come to the end of yourself and i may have some encouragment for you:-)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#611496 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no better way to learn about Jesus then to read His words verbatim from the Gospels and it's mind boggling to me that someone like you could think getting things very second-hand from others is better - but have it your way!
All of the Bible is second-hand.....many are from a third source.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#611497 Dec 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one taking the second hand words of Medieval Priests as "the word of God".

I read and study ALL the 200+ early Christian Scriptures, not just the couple Constantine proclaimed was the "Word of God".

I read them, study them and think for myself. I don't need your priests and preachers telling what to think.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611498 Dec 4, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you have the brains to get that joke. Unlike some.
yes rosa, i like to joke too and haters like to use it against us:)

i'm not kidding tho, when i say that i'm for you, not against you even if i do use sarcasim as comic relief in an otherwise intensely critical subject matter:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611501 Dec 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the Bible is second-hand.....many are from a third source.
better second hand from hand-picked witnesses than thru myatics/mediums/sooth-sayers with ulterior, occult and satanic motives:)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#611505 Dec 4, 2013
In 1813 Jane Austen wrote the following in the book "Pride and Prejudice"...

"A WOMAN, especially, if she have the misfortune of knowing anything, should conceal it as well as she can."

Jumping to today's scenario...

"Is this what we are seeing in the trolls who are attacking women in the media – a kind of widespread domestic violence protected by the anonymity of Twitter? The stirrings of a gender crisis?"

"One way to get rid of these feelings is to attack the "other" – the women – who are threatening their security. The misogynist trolls seem to be ferociously trying to push their own fear and vulnerability onto their women victims – much like passing a hot potato. Hatred and denigration of the "weaker" sex makes trolls feel superior – they feel themselves to be the powerful ones, not vice versa."

http://www.theweek.co.uk/uk-news/54501/criado...

Interesting essay on why some "trolls" pick women to bully...

Someone (I think Knowledge) posted something to the affect that a certain "troll" here hates women that speak their mind...maybe it goes further than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Vikingisinthecloset 56,114
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min RoSesz 649,837
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min Hangman 972,389
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 40 min WasteWater 106,055
the REAL REASON Ron Goldman was stabbed...64 TI... (Aug '15) 40 min Doctor REALITY 14
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 41 min WasteWater 2,295
the REAL Hillary PROBLEM: Vince Foster 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web