“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#611326 Dec 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the new PISA score results. Look for the word Shanghai.
Top 5 are in S.E. Asia.

USA at 28th.

Even Brits are a tad more educated than the USA.

I just saw that on BBC News yesterday.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#611327 Dec 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>....
Nobody should be openly advocating sin. But we also should not be trying to take on a role and powers reserved only for God. That is actually a definition of blasphemy. So I believe we can witness as to what we believe but also need to understand there is a line that says we can not force our faith on others.....
I agree. I bet most non-believers would agree to that as well.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#611328 Dec 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
but...but ben's brilliant - he says so himself all the time!
Compared to you and RR, my cat is a genius.

Enjoy those sour grapes.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#611329 Dec 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
While America might be a Christian nation it is also the nation with the highest crime rate in the world...and is the most obese.
While I am not saying that there is a connection one has to wonder...
Over 70% of the US claims to have religious ties to Christianity...
Either 1...we are not as much of a Christian nation as what Christians claim or 2 we have a lot of Christian criminals.
Gluteny is a sin...indulging in too much food and destroying your health is not taking care of that "temple".
What say you???
Gotta add something, the criminals, get saved once they get in prison. Some stay that way, and never go back. 80% of the criminals go for another round. I don't know how you believe Annie, I have forgotten. To me, everything in moderation, is my motow. It is in the Bible, not in those exact words... I was under the impression that 70% believed, but most did not actually have ties with the church, and their belief system. Have you read that?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#611330 Dec 3, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I would find that easier t believe if you weren't constantly lying, bashing and sexually harassing numerous people on several threads.
You seem to think that no one here knows what you are on other posts.
I will be as blunt as I can and then will try yo ignore you for the corpse you currently are:
There is more to believing in and following Jesus than saying "I'm a Christian". Something you appear to carer nothing about. IMHO you and most people calling themselves "Christians" have no vlue about Jesus or God. You are just an egotistical paraite on a public forum.
dear skombolis - i rest my case!

i.e., what kind of hoops must i jump through in order to gain this guy's approval AND if he's asserting that others are great witnesses because they don't horse around like me, why doesn't this guy believe them and why is he still a flagrant blasphemer???

umm....thanks ben for being an object lesson; you may run along now....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#611331 Dec 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>For me I think the best way to defend and honor God's Word is to live it and to present positions consistent with the Bible. Obviously we all stumble when it comes to love thy enemy. But other things don't have the same emotional investment and i think should be easier to follow. And getting the approval of other posters shouldn't factor into the equation but for some it seems to.
But 3 Biblical mandates we are supposed to follow:
1) Love thy enemy
2) Do not judge hypocritically
3) God will judge those outside the faith
And this type of compartmentalization was taught in other areas as well
Matthew 22:21-22
21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.
Nobody should be openly advocating sin. But we also should not be trying to take on a role and powers reserved only for God. That is actually a definition of blasphemy. So I believe we can witness as to what we believe but also need to understand there is a line that says we can not force our faith on others. Our responsibilities are to ourselves and our brothers and sisters to ensure we are not causing them to stumble, that we rebuke them when they go too far, and we help to lead one another back to the narrow path. What goes on outside the faith is for God to handle
Just how I see that. But I believe that is a biblically sound position. That's for the manner in which you approached this discussion brother
(T) Peace
22 When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.
Edit

Meant to say..

Thanks for the manner in which you approached this

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#611332 Dec 3, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Compared to you and RR, my cat is a genius.
Enjoy those sour grapes.
no sour grapes for me because My Savior partook of them for me!

Jesus said that He was thirsty and therfore they gave Him some sour wine/vinegar to drink and then He said "IT IS FINISHED" and gave up the Ghost!- my paraphrase:-)

Location hidden

#611335 Dec 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i emphatically agree with all your points AND with your heart by which you convey them!
one thing i'd like to challange you to think about tho, is your statement where you said "the best way to defend and honor God's Word is to live it..."
once again, i agree with this statement, but maybe we're not in the same place regarding what exactly it means as to how "to live it(God's Word)"
to me, living God's Word means embracing the New Covenant by which we now function and to depend wholly on the righteousness of Christ and not on my own actions, words, thoughts...etc.
the prob is that by my saying something like this to most 'christians' and to everyone else, i will immediately come under judgment as tho i'm condoning illicit behavior when in fact i'm just proclaiming the UNADULTERATED Gospel of Christ.
try this message on for size and i/the Word guarauntees you that you will indentify with the persecutions of Christ and the first apostles far more than you ever have by asserting that we need to live up to the moral standards of the Bible in order to be an effective witness:-)
I am not sure I am following. I may be, just want to make sure.

When you say you say...

"to me, living God's Word means embracing the New Covenant by which we now function and to depend wholly on the righteousness of Christ and not on my own actions, words, thoughts...etc.
the prob is that by my saying something like this to most 'christians' and to everyone else, i will immediately come under judgment as tho i'm condoning illicit behavior when"

are you talking about leaving judgement out all together and solely in God's hands and that is why some people confuse that for condoning illicit behavior?

If so I understand where you are coming from and agree to a certain extent. I would say not everything we do has to do with salvation. Doing the right thing doesn't mean someone is trying to "earn" their way into Heaven. If that is what you mean by depending on the righteousness of Christ. Simply because God saves us doesn't alleviate our duties to follow the commandments. Something we should be doing out of love and obedience:

John 14:15
"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

Matthew 19:16-17
Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

And some of keeping with His teachings is rebuking. But don't get me wrong, while Biblically sound, to be correct we also can't be engaging in hypocritical judging. So unless someone is going waaay over the line, that won't leave much room for many of us to say anything. We mainly should be concerned with our own walk and own relationship with Christ

I do think though we need to be wary of judging who is a 'real' Christian as only God can see the heart and man can only see what is on the outside but God judges based on what man cannot see. But to me that just goes back to how we can judge and focusing more on ourselves anyway. I think we are in agreement on a lot of this. We may look at some things differently

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#611336 Dec 3, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
In all honesty, turning the other cheek is as difficult, if not more so sometimes, than loving one's enemies.
We are all far from perfect, but at least some of us are trying.
I think both are very closely tied together. And yeah, both are hard to do.

And not to excuse or rationalize when we don't but making an effort does count for something IMO. It shows progress and where the heart is at that at least we know we can and should strive for a better way

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#611337 Dec 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the new PISA score results. Look for the word Shanghai.
They're great at math.

I found out during the bargaining process in the shops at 580 Nanjing Lu.

Location hidden

#611338 Dec 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
dear skombolis - i rest my case!
i.e., what kind of hoops must i jump through in order to gain this guy's approval AND if he's asserting that others are great witnesses because they don't horse around like me, why doesn't this guy believe them and why is he still a flagrant blasphemer???
umm....thanks ben for being an object lesson; you may run along now....
Well belief will never hinge on the person doing the witnessing

Yes faith is given by hearing the Word. But that either happens or doesn't happen based on God's will and a how receptive someone is in their heart

You can get along with someone great and they still may not budge an inch on belief

And someone may hate your guts but still have a seed planted from something they heard

IMO we will never have a direct impact on whether someone else believes. Our job is not convert so much as it is to bring the Word to others so that those who receive faith by hearing it will convert. Man will never be able to instill faith in another person. At least that is what I think. Not directly anyway. Although I have seen cases where someone is so happy and at peace in their faith that someone else has come to the faith thinking "I want some of that too"

“I want three words:”

Since: Dec 12

"Woman. Atheist. Anarchist."

#611341 Dec 3, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>You are right, but she did that when she said her five year old was smarter than me. It kinda opened a door, which should never have been opened. I did however apologize to her. I meant no disrespect to her child whatsoever. Things just got a little out of hand. I tried to correct something earlier but she chose not to accept my apology about her badges. But that is between, she and I . How have you been? I hope well, and had a nice Thanksgiving.
Blaming me for your behaviour again?

Stop lying, you did not apologise for using my child as a way to tell me what a terrible mother I am, more slander.

Keep it up filthy christian.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#611342 Dec 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm confused brothers - i don't agree with everything my family says or does but i do know enough not to take sides with our enemies and be against each other.
i hope and believe for viking and doc shrink to mature into more gracious and effective debaters, but i certainly can understand their frustration in standing against blasphemers.
i'm open to anything you have to say to me in return, my friend:)
I have a question, for anyone who might know or give their opinion. How can a nonbeliever actually blaspheme the Holy Spirit which is the only unforgivable sin? The Bible says you can blaspheme God, and Jesus, and be forgiven, but not the Holy Spirit. If one has never known the Holy Spirit, or what it is about. How can they blaspheme something they know nothing about? I am open to any opinions. I have read Matthew 12:31 James 4:1-10

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#611345 Dec 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
but...but ben's brilliant - he says so himself all the time!
Oh ya, he's a purfesir...

Of high school....

Must be another no school day out there in PA.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#611346 Dec 3, 2013
bimbo farfocel wrote:
<quoted text>
no problem mama with big mouth.
dr Shrin have heavy diahrahea after bablings from Skumbolis
And I am dr Shrink mentaly institute jamotor'cleaning his dr Shrink desk and found your file and picture(ugly old little women-but good pumpkin heart)
see you later my darlin
I am not, nor ever will be your darlin. Pervert.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#611348 Dec 3, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Top 5 are in S.E. Asia.
USA at 28th.
Even Brits are a tad more educated than the USA.
I just saw that on BBC News yesterday.
Being better at math does not make one more educated, just better at math.

What has the UK invented worth a shit, the cigar umbrella?

Location hidden

#611349 Dec 3, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you got not clue what witnessing
you only spread witnessing about how wicked,evil and abominable are RCC AND CHRISTIANITY HAVING SKUNKS LIKE YOU,or past old female security prison guard tieff of inmates food from their kitchen( punished to quit on early retirement)
before and after drugs your insane bablings doesn't show ant TRUE WITNESSING ABOUT LORD
show us where in Bible is written,that God chose you to spread witness on this thread,
you poor sicko jumbo guberish skunk?
I think I figured out why you are so irritable and have a cure for you

http://children.webmd.com/tc/diaper-rash-home...

Also, you may want to stop resting your testicles on your keyboard. I can only guess how close you must have to get to it for those little marbles to drop on there

~snicker

Location hidden

#611350 Dec 3, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question, for anyone who might know or give their opinion. How can a nonbeliever actually blaspheme the Holy Spirit which is the only unforgivable sin? The Bible says you can blaspheme God, and Jesus, and be forgiven, but not the Holy Spirit. If one has never known the Holy Spirit, or what it is about. How can they blaspheme something they know nothing about? I am open to any opinions. I have read Matthew 12:31 James 4:1-10
Mark 3 gets into that

Mark 3:29
"But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:"

It is where non-believers attributed the miracles Jesus did to demons and not the Holy Spirit. They did not know the Spirit or even that they were blaspheming Him. But the way I read it Jesus means once they know. Basically once he explained it was the Holy Spirit, to then attribute the actions to those of demons would be blasphemy. It was an explanation and a warning rather than a rebuke IMO. Although belief is not required, only the understanding of who the Spirit is and the penalty. That's how I interpret it anyway.

(T) Peace

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#611351 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fish and Chips.......

By the way, sara says your a meth head.

You gonna take that?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#611352 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your professional accomplishments?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Are you sick of seeing interracial dating ads? (Jul '08) 4 min poman 42
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min onemale 270,050
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min River Tam 817,464
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 53 min Tony17 578,915
Poll Do misspelling and bad grammar bother you? (Dec '07) 55 min stemaxgizmo 14
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 58 min dollarsbill 1,961
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr stemaxgizmo 2,185
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 39,952
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Roberta G 176,202
More from around the web