Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#611315 Dec 3, 2013
positronium wrote:
Satan stalks everyone and many here succumb to it. All one has to do is mention Jesus and here they come, The succumbers. LOL

New Age writes:

I doubt you even know what you are talking about.

- "Satan" is a construct of men.

- "Satan" has never been seen - by you or any modern man. So, in order for you to conclude with what you have stated, you must be parroting another man.

Do you have a citation to your claim? If you do, then post it, in order to support your claim.

If you don't, can you be honest enough and admit that you don't? Or will you just divert from answering altogether.

We'll see. I disagree that you know what you are talking about.

Honesty with Christianity is a hard trait to find within someone. Are you one of those who can be honest?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#611316 Dec 3, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>I would Never insult a child. They are innocent human beings. Don't know where you live, or what OZ is. Except for the movie. You read the post all wrong, your ways are not Americans way of life. If you took that as an insult, I am sorry. It was like the phrases, children learn what they live, you are what you eat...Children mimic their parents, it is a known study. Later in life, they break the chains and become who they want to be. My children are raised and are great parents. If you find me to be an ignorant troll, then don't post to me. There, I made it simple for you.
Regarding my child doesn't mean insulting my child, it means you are hurling insults at me, regarding my child.

Simple is right. You are simple and I will continue to expose you for the christian filth that you are.

It's always interesting to see how low a christian will stoop to slander and personally attack others.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#611317 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So what if it's available in China? It comes from America.
Of course you missed the point, dumb ass.
but...but ben's brilliant - he says so himself all the time!
sara

San Jose, CA

#611318 Dec 3, 2013
rednex on meth

rednex on meth

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#611319 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Contrary to atheist dogma, Satan doesn't make people do anything.

All he can do is influence, it's up to each individual to decide their own actions.
Christians are atheist now? Whatever will you come up with next?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#611320 Dec 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you friend
Although I do understand how it happens, which was kind of the point I was making as well. When someone's loved ones are attacked they are more likely to return the favor. It would help all around to keep things from escalating if everyone simply adhered to it from the beginning.
(T) Peace
In all honesty, turning the other cheek is as difficult, if not more so sometimes, than loving one's enemies.

We are all far from perfect, but at least some of us are trying.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#611321 Dec 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So what if it's available in China? It comes from America.
Of course you missed the point, dumb ass.
You had no poiint, as usual.

You constantly post crap and when caught you claim it is chocolate and expect everyone to eat it up.
sara

San Jose, CA

#611322 Dec 3, 2013
rednex on meth

rednex on meth

rednex on meth
Knowledge

United States

#611323 Dec 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Our nights are Luci's days...she lives in Australia...check the time zones differences.
Don't judge her parenting based on the US time zones. After all...her 5 year old could still be in bed...or off to school.
IMO...we should keep our disagreements to what is written in this thread and not make it about someone's children.
People will do what they choose to however...so...carry on.

You are right, but she did that when she said her five year old was smarter than me. It kinda opened a door, which should never have been opened. I did however apologize to her. I meant no disrespect to her child whatsoever. Things just got a little out of hand. I tried to correct something earlier but she chose not to accept my apology about her badges. But that is between, she and I . How have you been? I hope well, and had a nice Thanksgiving.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#611324 Dec 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm currently in a place spiritually where when i see 'christians' agree with atheists and pagans here regarding socio-political and moral issues and then encourage them that THAT's what makes them 'good' people and acceptable to God, i find it more reprehensible and detrimental to the preaching of the Gospel then is what viking and dr shrink do....
I would find that easier t believe if you weren't constantly lying, bashing and sexually harassing numerous people on several threads.

You seem to think that no one here knows what you are on other posts.

I will be as blunt as I can and then will try yo ignore you for the corpse you currently are:

There is more to believing in and following Jesus than saying "I'm a Christian". Something you appear to carer nothing about. IMHO you and most people calling themselves "Christians" have no vlue about Jesus or God. You are just an egotistical paraite on a public forum.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611325 Dec 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>For me I think the best way to defend and honor God's Word is to live it and to present positions consistent with the Bible. Obviously we all stumble when it comes to love thy enemy. But other things don't have the same emotional investment and i think should be easier to follow. And getting the approval of other posters shouldn't factor into the equation but for some it seems to.
But 3 Biblical mandates we are supposed to follow:
1) Love thy enemy
2) Do not judge hypocritically
3) God will judge those outside the faith
And this type of compartmentalization was taught in other areas as well
Matthew 22:21-22
21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.
Nobody should be openly advocating sin. But we also should not be trying to take on a role and powers reserved only for God. That is actually a definition of blasphemy. So I believe we can witness as to what we believe but also need to understand there is a line that says we can not force our faith on others. Our responsibilities are to ourselves and our brothers and sisters to ensure we are not causing them to stumble, that we rebuke them when they go too far, and we help to lead one another back to the narrow path. What goes on outside the faith is for God to handle
Just how I see that. But I believe that is a biblically sound position. That's for the manner in which you approached this discussion brother
(T) Peace
22 When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.
i emphatically agree with all your points AND with your heart by which you convey them!

one thing i'd like to challange you to think about tho, is your statement where you said "the best way to defend and honor God's Word is to live it..."

once again, i agree with this statement, but maybe we're not in the same place regarding what exactly it means as to how "to live it(God's Word)"

to me, living God's Word means embracing the New Covenant by which we now function and to depend wholly on the righteousness of Christ and not on my own actions, words, thoughts...etc.

the prob is that by my saying something like this to most 'christians' and to everyone else, i will immediately come under judgment as tho i'm condoning illicit behavior when in fact i'm just proclaiming the UNADULTERATED Gospel of Christ.

try this message on for size and i/the Word guarauntees you that you will indentify with the persecutions of Christ and the first apostles far more than you ever have by asserting that we need to live up to the moral standards of the Bible in order to be an effective witness:-)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#611326 Dec 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the new PISA score results. Look for the word Shanghai.
Top 5 are in S.E. Asia.

USA at 28th.

Even Brits are a tad more educated than the USA.

I just saw that on BBC News yesterday.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#611327 Dec 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>....
Nobody should be openly advocating sin. But we also should not be trying to take on a role and powers reserved only for God. That is actually a definition of blasphemy. So I believe we can witness as to what we believe but also need to understand there is a line that says we can not force our faith on others.....
I agree. I bet most non-believers would agree to that as well.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#611328 Dec 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
but...but ben's brilliant - he says so himself all the time!
Compared to you and RR, my cat is a genius.

Enjoy those sour grapes.
Knowledge

United States

#611329 Dec 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
While America might be a Christian nation it is also the nation with the highest crime rate in the world...and is the most obese.
While I am not saying that there is a connection one has to wonder...
Over 70% of the US claims to have religious ties to Christianity...
Either 1...we are not as much of a Christian nation as what Christians claim or 2 we have a lot of Christian criminals.
Gluteny is a sin...indulging in too much food and destroying your health is not taking care of that "temple".
What say you???
Gotta add something, the criminals, get saved once they get in prison. Some stay that way, and never go back. 80% of the criminals go for another round. I don't know how you believe Annie, I have forgotten. To me, everything in moderation, is my motow. It is in the Bible, not in those exact words... I was under the impression that 70% believed, but most did not actually have ties with the church, and their belief system. Have you read that?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611330 Dec 3, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I would find that easier t believe if you weren't constantly lying, bashing and sexually harassing numerous people on several threads.
You seem to think that no one here knows what you are on other posts.
I will be as blunt as I can and then will try yo ignore you for the corpse you currently are:
There is more to believing in and following Jesus than saying "I'm a Christian". Something you appear to carer nothing about. IMHO you and most people calling themselves "Christians" have no vlue about Jesus or God. You are just an egotistical paraite on a public forum.
dear skombolis - i rest my case!

i.e., what kind of hoops must i jump through in order to gain this guy's approval AND if he's asserting that others are great witnesses because they don't horse around like me, why doesn't this guy believe them and why is he still a flagrant blasphemer???

umm....thanks ben for being an object lesson; you may run along now....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#611331 Dec 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>For me I think the best way to defend and honor God's Word is to live it and to present positions consistent with the Bible. Obviously we all stumble when it comes to love thy enemy. But other things don't have the same emotional investment and i think should be easier to follow. And getting the approval of other posters shouldn't factor into the equation but for some it seems to.
But 3 Biblical mandates we are supposed to follow:
1) Love thy enemy
2) Do not judge hypocritically
3) God will judge those outside the faith
And this type of compartmentalization was taught in other areas as well
Matthew 22:21-22
21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.
Nobody should be openly advocating sin. But we also should not be trying to take on a role and powers reserved only for God. That is actually a definition of blasphemy. So I believe we can witness as to what we believe but also need to understand there is a line that says we can not force our faith on others. Our responsibilities are to ourselves and our brothers and sisters to ensure we are not causing them to stumble, that we rebuke them when they go too far, and we help to lead one another back to the narrow path. What goes on outside the faith is for God to handle
Just how I see that. But I believe that is a biblically sound position. That's for the manner in which you approached this discussion brother
(T) Peace
22 When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.
Edit

Meant to say..

Thanks for the manner in which you approached this

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#611332 Dec 3, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Compared to you and RR, my cat is a genius.
Enjoy those sour grapes.
no sour grapes for me because My Savior partook of them for me!

Jesus said that He was thirsty and therfore they gave Him some sour wine/vinegar to drink and then He said "IT IS FINISHED" and gave up the Ghost!- my paraphrase:-)

Location hidden

#611335 Dec 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i emphatically agree with all your points AND with your heart by which you convey them!
one thing i'd like to challange you to think about tho, is your statement where you said "the best way to defend and honor God's Word is to live it..."
once again, i agree with this statement, but maybe we're not in the same place regarding what exactly it means as to how "to live it(God's Word)"
to me, living God's Word means embracing the New Covenant by which we now function and to depend wholly on the righteousness of Christ and not on my own actions, words, thoughts...etc.
the prob is that by my saying something like this to most 'christians' and to everyone else, i will immediately come under judgment as tho i'm condoning illicit behavior when in fact i'm just proclaiming the UNADULTERATED Gospel of Christ.
try this message on for size and i/the Word guarauntees you that you will indentify with the persecutions of Christ and the first apostles far more than you ever have by asserting that we need to live up to the moral standards of the Bible in order to be an effective witness:-)
I am not sure I am following. I may be, just want to make sure.

When you say you say...

"to me, living God's Word means embracing the New Covenant by which we now function and to depend wholly on the righteousness of Christ and not on my own actions, words, thoughts...etc.
the prob is that by my saying something like this to most 'christians' and to everyone else, i will immediately come under judgment as tho i'm condoning illicit behavior when"

are you talking about leaving judgement out all together and solely in God's hands and that is why some people confuse that for condoning illicit behavior?

If so I understand where you are coming from and agree to a certain extent. I would say not everything we do has to do with salvation. Doing the right thing doesn't mean someone is trying to "earn" their way into Heaven. If that is what you mean by depending on the righteousness of Christ. Simply because God saves us doesn't alleviate our duties to follow the commandments. Something we should be doing out of love and obedience:

John 14:15
"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

Matthew 19:16-17
Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

And some of keeping with His teachings is rebuking. But don't get me wrong, while Biblically sound, to be correct we also can't be engaging in hypocritical judging. So unless someone is going waaay over the line, that won't leave much room for many of us to say anything. We mainly should be concerned with our own walk and own relationship with Christ

I do think though we need to be wary of judging who is a 'real' Christian as only God can see the heart and man can only see what is on the outside but God judges based on what man cannot see. But to me that just goes back to how we can judge and focusing more on ourselves anyway. I think we are in agreement on a lot of this. We may look at some things differently

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#611336 Dec 3, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
In all honesty, turning the other cheek is as difficult, if not more so sometimes, than loving one's enemies.
We are all far from perfect, but at least some of us are trying.
I think both are very closely tied together. And yeah, both are hard to do.

And not to excuse or rationalize when we don't but making an effort does count for something IMO. It shows progress and where the heart is at that at least we know we can and should strive for a better way

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min ROCCO 64,284
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min Steve III 45,259
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min bad bob 183,189
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min Steve III 654,272
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 49 min Jake999 281,921
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr DebraE 106,579
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,594
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 973,912
More from around the web