Why Should Jesus Love Me?
El is el

Upper Darby, PA

#609552 Nov 25, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrites are not supposed to pray on the streets (publicly for show) YOU know that EPi is not a hypocrite.
~*~
God's Plan of Salvation
You Must Hear the Gospel
You must hear the gospel and then understand and recognize that you are lost without Jesus Christ no matter who you are and no matter what your background is. The Bible tells us that “all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”(Romans 3:23) Before you can be saved, you must understand that you are lost and that the only way to be saved is by obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ.(2 Thessalonians 1:8) Jesus said,“I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”(John 14:6)“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”(Acts 4:12)
You Must Believe
You must believe and have faith in God because “without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”(Hebrews 11:6) But neither belief alone nor faith alone is sufficient to save.(James 2:19; James 2:24; Matthew 7:21)
You Must Repent
You must repent of your sins.(Acts 3:19) But repentance alone is not enough. The so-called “Sinner’s Prayer” that you hear so much about today from denominational preachers does not appear anywhere in the Bible. Indeed, nowhere in the Bible was anyone ever told to pray the “Sinner’s Prayer” to be saved. By contrast, there are numerous examples showing that prayer alone does not save. Saul, for example, prayed following his meeting with Jesus on the road to Damascus (Acts 9:11), but Saul was still in his sins when Ananias met him three days later (Acts 22:16). Cornelius prayed to God always, and yet there was something else he needed to do to be saved (Acts 10:2, 6, 33, 48). If prayer alone did not save Saul or Cornelius, prayer alone will not save you. You must obey the gospel.(2 Thess. 1:8)
You Must Confess
You must confess that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.(Romans 10:9-10) Note that you do NOT need to make Jesus “Lord of your life.” Why? Because Jesus is already Lord of your life whether or not you have obeyed his gospel. Indeed, we obey him, not to make him Lord, but because he already is Lord.(Acts 2:36) Also, no one in the Bible was ever told to just “accept Jesus as your personal savior.” We must confess that Jesus is the Son of God, but, as with faith and repentance, confession alone does not save.(Matthew 7:21)
You Must Be Baptized for the Remission of Sins
Having believed, repented, and confessed that Jesus is the Son of God, you must be baptized for the remission of your sins.(Acts 2:38) It is at this point (and not before) that your sins are forgiven.(Acts 22:16) It is impossible to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ without teaching the absolute necessity of baptism for salvation.(Acts 8:35-36; Romans 6:3-4; 1 Peter 3:21) Anyone who responds to the question in Acts 2:37 with an answer that contradicts Acts 2:38 is NOT proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ!
You Must Be Faithful Unto Death
Once you are saved, God adds you to his church and writes your name in the Book of Life.(Acts 2:47; Philippians 4:3) To continue in God’s grace, you must continue to serve God faithfully until death. Unless they remain faithful, those who are in God’s grace will fall from grace, and those whose names are in the Book of Life will have their names blotted out of that book.(Revelation 2:10; Revelation 3:5; Galatians 5:4)
http://www.thywordistruth.com/questions/Quest...
Your proselytizing is of no value to me.
I have moved on.

But thanks for caring.
:)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#609557 Nov 25, 2013
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
100 times more than you.
How can one be more Christian that another?

There's Scripture that probably applies to both of us.

2 Timothy 2:14

Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.

Thoughts?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609558 Nov 25, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
He is tough good christian and defend his own faith and beliefs before scumbags gays like you and satan seed ben Adam,aka jesus?
ask questions of your girk friend benAdam?
I'm a scumbag gay?

What's a girk friend?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609561 Nov 25, 2013
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
I've done more charity and have served my Lord and Savior more times than all you ALL TALK a-holes put together.
How can you make that claim? You have no idea what charity work I've done nor how often I do it.
And in my spare time I torment, torture, and destroy Christ-hating demons in human form like that piece of lying, blaspheming sh** BENDOVER, formerly know as D_O_G.
I see that.
And I really don't give a rat's ass whether you approve of it or not.
I was neither approving nor denying...
Jesus Christ knows my heart and that's all that counts, that's all I care about.
What is in your heart?
I went to Riker's Island today and preached the Word of Christ to hard-core prisoners. I fed the homeless in Manhattan on the West Side. I'm doing it again tomorrow.
Both in one day?
This past weekend I worked with at-risk youth in Jersey City and was part of group doing outreach work with the Crips gangs of Jersey City. I also gave a check of $100 to the American Heart Association. What did you do the last 3 days? How did you serve the Lord? I mean, other than being on Topix and treating Christ-hating Demons with velvet gloves and criticizing me, what have you done for Jesus?
In the past three days, I've served God within my heart.

1 Samuel 12:24

But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

Is charity work your idea of a better Christian?
El is el

Upper Darby, PA

#609563 Nov 25, 2013
PAUL NEVER LIED_NOT EVER wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, Paul never "murdered" anybody.......not ever. Paul never lied, not ever; ESPECIALLY after his WONDERFUL CONVERSION. Paul was never a fraud, NOT EVEN BEFORE HIS CONVERSION, Paul was NEVER A THIEF, NOT EVEN BEFORE HIS CONVERSION, and neither Paul nor the Bible EVER said such things or even INFINITESIMALLY REMOTELY SUGGESTED SUCH THINGS.
In short, Paul never lied, Paul never murdered anybody, Paul was never a fraud, and Paul was never a thief. And the best part about all this, is the fact that long after the worms have feasted on your rotting carcass, PAUL WILL STILL BE THE MOST WIDELY READ PERSON IN HUMAN HISTORY. And that is something which puts a tremendous smile on my face.
Hello.
Interesting take.
However, do you know that Paul and the apostles many times were at odds with each other, even to a point that it became detrimental?

Kinda strange considering that their claims of possessing the holy spirit was intended to be a unifier.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609565 Nov 25, 2013
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to warn him, you're right. And I would never argue with scripture, but I'm sick and tired of that animal's visceral hatred towards my Lord, his NON-STOP LIES, his unforgivable blasphemy, and his incessant re-writing of the Bible. Aren't you? Doesn't that bother you any?
Oh it bothers the shit outta me.

But what can you do? By posting so viciously you're not making your point.

Besides , with Ben - you can't make your point. Haven't you noticed how he erases everything relevant about your posts? The stuff he doesn't want people to see? The stuff he refuses to acknowledge?

Point is - Ben's a worthless troll that isn't worth your time.

He's lost.

He's fallen.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609567 Nov 25, 2013
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>]
You're a Paul-like Christian, I'm a David-like Christian. It's a different type of breed, that's all.
I don't understand.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609569 Nov 25, 2013
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Doc. I appreciate that.
How can you thank someone that posts this:

"go to hell you worthless atheistc POS?
apostle of camel Dung?"

Go to hell?

Is that "better Christian" talk?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609570 Nov 25, 2013
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course both in one day. That's why I just got home now. The feeding only took two hours. But I really don't care if you believe me or not. So what are you saying? That I shouldn't do any charity because that's not really a barometer for a good Christian? Is that what you're saying?
I'm saying you shouldn't brag about it.

There's no reason to, other than vanity.

Do The Lord's work for The Lord, not for yourself and your own ego.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#609571 Nov 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you know what you can do with your new thread, right?;)

Um ...talk about you?
El is el

Upper Darby, PA

#609572 Nov 25, 2013
PAUL NEVER LIED_NOT EVER wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it, prove Paul didn't go through a conversion. Prove it!!!Prove Paul didn't meet Jesus at Damascus..........PROVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
Another interesting scenario.

What seems to be rather peculiar is that non of this is mentioned outside of the NT.
Here you have hundreds or perhaps thousands of men on a journey with paul to execute xtians that supposedly haD witnessed this miracle OF glowing lights and thunderous voices that temporarily paralyzed them.

But yet, none of this is recorded in any of the Roman Empiric annals.

You figure that at least one of them would have made sure that their experience would have been documented in some form.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#609573 Nov 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Three-way?!
Shiiiiit.....
We'll get all naked and let our hairy bodies rub together with Catcher's lotion and lemons. Then we can cuddle under Catcher's white sheets.
Then Skom will bring the leftover cucumbers and IANS will provide the Macho burrito.
It'll be gay man paradise!
Without all the diversity, of course. So Catcher might not participate...
Wow , you dudes put the two dollar bill on the map.
dr Shrink

Upper Darby, PA

#609575 Nov 25, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>U 2, Boo!
Me and you and a dog named Boo.
Maybe we all can move in together and indulge in some menage a trois?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609577 Nov 25, 2013
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
Well it seems that you like to constantly turn the other cheek while I'm a bit more of a warrior breed. David was a tremendous warrior who rightfully killed many people but still loved God as much if not more than anybody in human history. And as far as charity and good deeds is concerned......James 2: 14 to 26 talks about it in great deal.
Verse 18: Now someone may argue:"Some people have faith; others have good deeds. I say, I can't see your faith if you don't have good deeds, but I will show you my faith through my good deeds"
Verse 19: Do you still think it's enough just to believe that there is one God? WELL, EVEN THE DEMONS BELIEVE THIS, AND THEY TREMBLE IN TERROR. Fool, When you will you ever learn that faith that does not result in good deeds is USELESS!!!!"
You're not arguing with James.....are you?.........Mr. Redneck?
Yes, I do turn the other cheek quite often, good call.

Funny you bring up James 2. It talks about faith and actions working together, and how faith is made complete.

And for some reason, you think preaching to inmates is better than what you don't know that I do.

Why is one better than the other?
El is el

Upper Darby, PA

#609579 Nov 25, 2013
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right, there were conflicts, but in the end they all came together. How's Upper Darby these days?
Well, Upper Darby has sadly to say become Upper Dumpy.

Lots of illegal drugs and high crime, among other things.
Just today, the mayor declared war on outsiders selling drugs in UD, at least that's what the local paper said.

I'd like to continue the discussion on Paul at a later date.
Gotta get the turkey all prepared for Thursday.

Have a great holiday.
:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609580 Nov 25, 2013
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mischaracterization of what I said is NOT gonna work. I'm far too intelligent for that. I was merely making a point after you got on your high horse and judged me for attacking a Christ-hating, Christ-blaspheming animal who has it coming and then some. I was not bragging and I am not vain. Is it possible that you're just jealous and bitter because you don't do any of those things? That's what it seems like to me.
I never judged you for attacking Ben. Not once. Go page a back and reread if you don't believe me.

All I asked was if you are a Christian and for some reason you got very defensive about it. I find that odd. If some asks me that question, the answer is a simple 'yes'.

And now you're accusing me of jealousy and bitterness because of your vanity about your charity work. The same charity work you want everyone to know about.

That's vanity.

I hope you can see that.
El is el

Upper Darby, PA

#609581 Nov 25, 2013
Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.
Stay safe and don't overdose on the turkey.
It contains trytiphomoline or something like that...lol

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#609584 Nov 25, 2013
El is el wrote:
<quoted text>
Another interesting scenario.
What seems to be rather peculiar is that non of this is mentioned outside of the NT.
Here you have hundreds or perhaps thousands of men on a journey with paul to execute xtians that supposedly haD witnessed this miracle OF glowing lights and thunderous voices that temporarily paralyzed them.
But yet, none of this is recorded in any of the Roman Empiric annals.
You figure that at least one of them would have made sure that their experience would have been documented in some form.
One would think, that others would have also written these stories down and "spread the word". It is also odd that only less than six of the original Apostles actually are used in the NT,

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#609585 Nov 25, 2013
To add....contemporaries of any of these writers seem to be null as well.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609590 Nov 25, 2013
VIKING WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
At least he sticks up and defends his faith and has the BALLS to do it. Unlike you who attacks a Christian and defends a lying, satanically possessed atheist who posts constant lies and relentless re-writes the Bible.

{{{SNIP}}}

When did I defend Ben?

Are you for real or are you just a poe?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Aura Mytha 48,263
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Trump is a clown 971,612
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min ChristineM 445,707
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 21 min Diderot 3
Incest 22 min Diderot 7
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min WelbyMD 281,235
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min Phooey 646,440
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Yellow Star 182,632
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 hr Annaleigh 105,560
More from around the web