Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#609426 Nov 23, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the Russian ones better, way scarier.
My favorite is PANGU!

"In the beginning there was nothing in the universe except a formless chaos. This chaos coalesced into a cosmic egg for about 18,000 years. Within it, the perfectly opposed principles of Yin and Yang became balanced, and Pangu emerged (or woke up) from the egg. Pangu is usually depicted as a primitive, hairy giant who has horns on his head and wears furs. Pangu began creating the world: he separated Yin from Yang with a swing of his giant axe, creating the Earth (murky Yin) and the Sky (clear Yang). To keep them separated, Pangu stood between them and pushed up the Sky. This task took 18,000 years; with each day the sky grew ten feet (3 meters) higher, the Earth ten feet wider, and Pangu ten feet taller. In some versions of the story, Pangu is aided in this task by the four most prominent beasts, namely the Turtle, the Qilin, the Phoenix, and the Dragon.
After the 18,000 years had elapsed, Pangu died. His breath became the wind, mist and clouds; his voice, thunder; his left eye, the sun; his right eye, the moon; his head, the mountains and extremes of the world; his blood, rivers; his muscles, fertile land; his facial hair, the stars and Milky Way; his fur, bushes and forests; his bones, valuable minerals; his bone marrow, sacred diamonds; his sweat, rain; and the fleas on his fur carried by the wind became animals.
The goddess Nüwa then used clay to form humans. These humans were very smart since they were individually crafted. Nüwa then became bored of individually making every human, so she dipped a rope in clay and the blobs that fell from it become new humans. These new humans were not as smart as the first."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangu#The_Pangu_...
Don Demarco

Peru

#609427 Nov 23, 2013
Jesus is dead.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#609428 Nov 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite is PANGU!
"In the beginning there was nothing in the universe except a formless chaos. This chaos coalesced into a cosmic egg for about 18,000 years. Within it, the perfectly opposed principles of Yin and Yang became balanced, and Pangu emerged (or woke up) from the egg. Pangu is usually depicted as a primitive, hairy giant who has horns on his head and wears furs. Pangu began creating the world: he separated Yin from Yang with a swing of his giant axe, creating the Earth (murky Yin) and the Sky (clear Yang). To keep them separated, Pangu stood between them and pushed up the Sky. This task took 18,000 years; with each day the sky grew ten feet (3 meters) higher, the Earth ten feet wider, and Pangu ten feet taller. In some versions of the story, Pangu is aided in this task by the four most prominent beasts, namely the Turtle, the Qilin, the Phoenix, and the Dragon.
After the 18,000 years had elapsed, Pangu died. His breath became the wind, mist and clouds; his voice, thunder; his left eye, the sun; his right eye, the moon; his head, the mountains and extremes of the world; his blood, rivers; his muscles, fertile land; his facial hair, the stars and Milky Way; his fur, bushes and forests; his bones, valuable minerals; his bone marrow, sacred diamonds; his sweat, rain; and the fleas on his fur carried by the wind became animals.
The goddess Nüwa then used clay to form humans. These humans were very smart since they were individually crafted. Nüwa then became bored of individually making every human, so she dipped a rope in clay and the blobs that fell from it become new humans. These new humans were not as smart as the first."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangu#The_Pangu_...
Hey Scar!!

*nudges scar*

Look at those sheeple over yonder, let's go tell them we are descendants of the 'god' Pangu! and require sacrifices and supplication, looks like they'll believe anything.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#609429 Nov 23, 2013
Don Demarco wrote:
Jesus is dead.
Very true, you must know this because you are from Sth America, which automatically makes you both brilliant and awesome.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#609430 Nov 23, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true, you must know this because you are from Sth America, which automatically makes you both brilliant and awesome.
It's the fresh leaves and mountain air. hahahah

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#609431 Nov 24, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm not going to say that all Muslims are terrorists, they're not all.
Have you ever read their holy book though? There's an awful lot of hellfire and damnation in there.
.. I started to read the Koran but couldn't get through it ..

.. I have read two histories of Islam and both authors found the Koran rife with an endless stream of contradictions, violence, treachery and repetition ..

.. try reading The Book Of Mormon; it's the same thing - violent duplicity ..

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#609432 Nov 24, 2013
*M*O*R*N*I*N*G

“As a child of God,
I am greater than anything
that can happen to me.”

~ Abdul Kalam

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#609433 Nov 24, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, My heart is moved today for people who just cannot seem to find their place. They feel lost, empty, out of place, floundering. Some are discouraged; some are depressed; some are anxious; some are hopeful; some are searching; some have given up. I pray that today will be a day of breakthrough for them. I pray that the right job, the right ministry opportunity, the right words, the right whatever it is they need will be there for them today. I pray that you will open doors and lead them through. I pray for encouragement and guidance. I pray for joy, excitement and blessings of the heart and spirit. I pray for contentment, initiative, passion, thankfulness in their attitudes today. May they look to you and receive the gifts you have in store for them. And may you, oh wonderful gracious God, be glorified. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Prime Time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#609434 Nov 24, 2013
Encouraging Words.....

As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength.

Psalm 138:3

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#609435 Nov 24, 2013
Have a great day.....

Bye

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#609437 Nov 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom did. She didn't use Valium until I was 13.
LOL
She was holding back huh?

LOL, that took it a different direction than I was expecting!

Location hidden

#609438 Nov 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. I'm starting to think ..
Congratulations. I was hoping that would happen
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
you want to have sex with both of us ..
Neither
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. maybe they'll toss some bananas into the spa water during Catcher's next visit to China ..
If so, I hope he tells us about it when he comes back

Location hidden

#609439 Nov 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Ask me like you would ask Jesus.
I asked your buddy, Joe Mamma

He said they were able to use the umbilical cord as a bong there was so much booze running thru it

:)

Location hidden

#609440 Nov 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. I'm gonna stick with my logic ..
You always do. No matter how faulty
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Mean Uncle Frank tells Nephew Catcher, "If you sit in my favorite chair, I'm going to whip the hell out of you with my belt."
2. Poor Catcher is terrorized and experiences fear so he does not sit in mean Uncle Frank's favorite chair.
3. The fear was caused by the verbal assault of Uncle Frank.
4. Hence, Uncle Frank is a terrorist whose primary purpose is to establish fear.
.. now, turn it around ..
1. A cleric tells a child, "You're going to hell if you don't believe in God."
2. The child asks, "What's hell?"
3. The cleric responds, "A place of eternal fire and torture.
4. This child feels fear so decides that God is real.
5. The fear was caused by terror.
6. Hence, the cleric is a terrorist.
You really should stop comparing things to 9-11 attacks and terrorists. You instantly lose any credibility and it makes you look insane. It's like how people always try to compare politicians to Hitler and even their own people will have to issue press releases apologizing because they know the general public is going to draw the line at that kind of cheap, inflammatory rhetoric

But if there was a shred of truth to anything you are saying, then why aren't all these indoctrinated Christians terrified of hell still? I have come across one Christian on all of Topix that seems obsessed with hell but that person believes in OSAS so doesn't think they could go there anyway. So have you come across a single person who is afraid of hell?

You have a daughter right? If she decides to start doing drugs and sleeping around having unprotected sex and skipping school...will she fear the consequences of the adult that is raising her? Or are you more concerned with having a little friend for yourself? A parent ought to easily understand how love and fear of discipline can co-exist. Most kids I know loved their parents and were afraid of the consequences when the screwed up. They would be punished or grounded or whatever. And then some knew there parents wouldn't do squat and things didn't turn out so well. Yes even parents do things right a kid can make bad choices. But the parents job is to do all they can to give them the tools to succeed. So, would your daughter as she grows older need to have a healthy fear of there being consequences to deal with from you if she started destroying her life?

This whole conversation will be more ironic probably when your kid is older and other people try to judge your parenting and you go berserk. But for now, let's just keep it to the "what if". Will your kid fear repercussions from you if she is screwing up bad?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#609441 Nov 24, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's exactly right. Maybe because Moses didn't see that as a threat, he was a man after all.
It's like the laws in the old days, only male homosexuality was a crime. The legal term was actually "[email protected] With Mankind", so the same act was quite legal with his missus.
And it was all based on the Bible.
Agreed.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#609442 Nov 24, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what they told the suckers in that cult, anyway. The same with Koresh. That's how they get them in...and their young daughters.
Actually, I hope that Jeffs has Hell on Earth - right now. I've been told what they do to child molesters inside.
Agreed.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#609443 Nov 24, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Boromir, Faramir's brother. Faramir is almost burned alive by his insane father in Gondor and ends up with Eowyn in the end.
You're right.

My bad.
BeRational

Revesby, Australia

#609444 Nov 24, 2013
Be rational although I am quite sure your beyond help, but come on some guy from over 2000 years ago has no concept of you. He died thousands of years ago in the iron age which precedes the dark ages that's when Christianity really had its grip over the human mind. I hope you find solace how amazing your existence is here and now without falling into the lapses of your cultural delusion and accept that we have one life and when we die our bodies and the memories, identity etc will die with it, although the basic essences of your being will flow through the cosmos indefinitely.

Remember your an ape on a rock with water orbiting a mediocre star among billions of other stars which makes up one galaxy among trillions of other galaxies.

You do not need Jesus, he is a figment of our imagination, an idol used to control the obsessive compulsive masses. God is within you, set aside your ego and you will find that god with a quite mind for he is you and you are it, that which is nothing and everything. Lay your conditioned mind aside and inquiry within to find inner silence which is a pray to god, all else is concept and foolish gibberish of monkey delusions.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#609445 Nov 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You always do. No matter how faulty
<quoted text>
You really should stop comparing things to 9-11 attacks and terrorists. You instantly lose any credibility and it makes you look insane. It's like how people always try to compare politicians to Hitler and even their own people will have to issue press releases apologizing because they know the general public is going to draw the line at that kind of cheap, inflammatory rhetoric
But if there was a shred of truth to anything you are saying, then why aren't all these indoctrinated Christians terrified of hell still? I have come across one Christian on all of Topix that seems obsessed with hell but that person believes in OSAS so doesn't think they could go there anyway. So have you come across a single person who is afraid of hell?
You have a daughter right? If she decides to start doing drugs and sleeping around having unprotected sex and skipping school...will she fear the consequences of the adult that is raising her? Or are you more concerned with having a little friend for yourself? A parent ought to easily understand how love and fear of discipline can co-exist. Most kids I know loved their parents and were afraid of the consequences when the screwed up. They would be punished or grounded or whatever. And then some knew there parents wouldn't do squat and things didn't turn out so well. Yes even parents do things right a kid can make bad choices. But the parents job is to do all they can to give them the tools to succeed. So, would your daughter as she grows older need to have a healthy fear of there being consequences to deal with from you if she started destroying her life?
This whole conversation will be more ironic probably when your kid is older and other people try to judge your parenting and you go berserk. But for now, let's just keep it to the "what if". Will your kid fear repercussions from you if she is screwing up bad?
Visualize a parent with two children, initially. When the two children disobeyed the parent, the parent kicked them out, without any clothes or essential knowledge of what lay ahead of them.

For disobeying the very first time.

Then, those children went on to have many children, and as those children grew, they made noise, and irritated the Grandparent.

So the Grandparent drowned his grandchildren, and the earth. Leaving behind only a few survivors.

At some point before any of this happened, the grandparent decided that when its children and grandchildren displeased it, it would require a human to suffer a great deal and then be sacrificed to make the grandparent be forgiving.

And that human sacrifice would be one of its children.

But that sacrifice of its child does not make it forgive every single thing that makes it mad.

Some of its children will still burn in an eternal fire, while alive, never dying.

And you think the offspring of that grandparent do not fear it.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#609450 Nov 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right.
My bad.
It's cool. Just a fan, no mockery intended.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min kent 649,827
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min VIKING 56,048
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min onemale 281,473
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Ooogah Boogah 972,385
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 3 hr Ricky F 39,053
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 4 hr Flower-Child 53,840
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 5 hr Danielle 171
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web