Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#609318 Nov 23, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
he spit at Jesus teachings,
and you agree with this godless seed of devil?
there is nothing to support idiot who got not any clue of Jesus parables,
it seems you don't understand either Jesus Parables,
sorry,
your posts sound like one
Shrink

I don't care if you approve of who I am friends with

And for someone who goes berserk when others point out what they feel is wrong with what he does and goes into how others can't judge him and only God can and so on and so on, you certainly have a lot to say.

But considering this is like your 10th post to me about Ben and I have responded to some and ignored others, I am letting you know now that this will be my final response on it. Its bordering on obsessive
Knowledge

United States

#609320 Nov 23, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Dear God,
Your Word gives us so much enlightenment and precious promises that we may trust and cling to. In John 12:26 "Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me." I come to you now and lift up my brothers and sisters in Christ who are so faithful to follow you in countries where they are persecuted for doing so. You have promised to honor them for believing in you and standing in faith. I pray that you will meet their every need. I pray for peace beyond understanding; for good health; for basic life needs of food, clothing, and shelter; for fellowship with other Christians; for protection from harm and evil; for opportunities to share the Gospel and witness your love in action; for the opportunity to read your Word; for happiness; for strength for the weak; for healing for the wounded; for a special touch upon their lives as their very lives are often in danger because they are Christians. God I love these precious people and my heart aches over the things they have suffered and face daily. Please carry them in the shelter of your power, your love, your protection. May the blood of Jesus cover them, cover us all, and keep us for that wonderful day of redemption to which we look forward. May your church live and prosper in every land. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Prime Time with God
What a beautiful, and uplifting prayer. Thank you for those words of encouragement to men and women all over...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#609322 Nov 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not asking you to. I am saying if you don't believe hell poses a threat to either believers or unbelievers than there is no way you could agree within opinion claiming telling people about hell is a terrorist threat. You opted in the discussion so I think it is only fair to point out by your own admission you would not agree with that position.
<quoted text>
Well this is a completely different subject but ok.
What laws in this country have religious people forced on others thus far with violence and politics that causes you to have such fears for it happening in the future?
You realize that most of the laws in this country are based on Christian premises right ?

From banning gay marriage to divorce laws to Creationism in schools.

Many Christians are even calling for a Christian form of Shari Law in the USA.

I have no fear of God, I have a sane fear of religions. 1700 years of evidence that it cause more damage than it allegedly cures.

Location hidden

#609324 Nov 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The mother and child committed no sin. They took what was rightfully theirs.
That was the Law for thousands of years until the Medieval Church changed it.
Now, if the mother stole more than she needed to feed herself and family for that day, that would be theft.
What law used to claim someone else's food really belongs to someone else because they are hungry. And that the act of stealing from someone, a total stranger even perhaps, is really the act of reclaiming what is rightfully theirs due to that hunger?

I have never heard anything even remotely close to that. You could be right but what led you to believe this used to be the case?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#609325 Nov 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Shrink
I don't care if you approve of who I am friends with...
Thanks.

I don't need my friends to agree with me. Rather, I would doubt their honesty and sanity if they agreed with me on everything.

Location hidden

#609327 Nov 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
I don't need my friends to agree with me. Rather, I would doubt their honesty and sanity if they agreed with me on everything.
Really

I mean I guess its no problem if people did see most things eye to eye

But when they don't and can debate them without it affecting the friendship, all the better IMO

Life would be boring if everybody saw everything the same way

Heading out in about 30 minutes or less for the day. Will catch up with you soon if not before

(T) Peace

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#609330 Nov 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything that causes fear is not terrorism! How did you even get started on that? So if I tell someone committing crimes can get them put in jail and cost you your freedom I committed a terrorist act if that idea frightens someone? Just silly
And like it has been pointed out, the vast, vast majority of people do not even see it as a threat because for one reason or another they don't think it applies to them
<quoted text>
Total insanity
By your own definition of "terrorism" there is no threat that can instill fear because unbelievers don't believer in hell. That is what makes them unbelievers.
And if you are afraid of a "threat" you don't believe is real from a person that couldn't enforce it if it were, then you are simply aren't too bright. You certainly are not the victim of a terrorist act
<quoted text>
I repeat, you are insane
<quoted text>
The only thing simple is the realization that you are insane
As somebody said earlier, your analogies are ridiculous.

And calling people insane over and over is a very weak approach to a discussion.

If you truly believe somebody is insane, you would be crazy to waste your time on her.
Knowledge

United States

#609331 Nov 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
I can understand why so many Christians are so concerned about homosexuality and pedophilia since almost all homosexuals and pedophiles in the USA are Christians.
While pedophilia is a crime and justly so, why Christians are so obsessed with what consenting adults do in the bedroom is a strange obsession.
I find it quite perverted to obsesses over other peoples sexual activities.
Maybe these Christians need to have a sex life of their own.
You have just put all Christians in one class. The Bible states that having relations with a man and man is a sin, or a woman with a woman a sin. In the book of Romans it even starts out with the first chapter read it. It causes diseases mainly life threatening illnesses, Aids. So, society states to have safe sex because of this? Wear protection, they say so you don't have to worry about it. Then, those men and women decide to have sex with the opposite sex, and the love just keeps spreading all around, DEATH. AIDS and whatever STDS that manifest. Perverts who have sex with children, are sick individuals who never should see the outside again. There is mostly never, any hope for those people. I worked around it for a long time. They're testimony to me, was it was too great of a temptation to be out among children. They, themselves did not want to risk it because they knew what they were.. Some even feared for them and the children, and always was asking for God to have mercy upon their souls and thought they might stand a chance, if there was no temptation..Many of them were NOT involved in homosexual activity, many were NOT Christians who had hidden behind the church. Just normal, average looking people who did not have a religious preference. I myself do not uphold homosexuality, it is a sin in God's word. Sin is sin, and it is NOT going in to heaven. Heaven will NOT be corrupted by ANY sin. That is why we, as believers should repent of our sins and strive to live right daily. If anyone who does not know Jesus Christ, he died for our sins, so that we may inherit the Kingdom of God.He died upon that old wooden cross, so that we could live under grace, and would be forgiven, when we mess up, if we only just ask. Jesus did say, go and sin no more to a woman, who was lying with five men, her name was Mary Magdelene. They were going to put her to death so Jesus drew a line in the sand and said he who is without sin, let them cast the first stone. I believe it was in Matthew, such a beautiful book.

Location hidden

#609332 Nov 23, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
skom
I either doesn't care at all,about nobody,
this is your life,and your choces,
don't think nothing wrong,
My opinion can be wrong,but this is only opinion,not worries or any advices,
You don't have to respond anyway,
I never asked to do this,and respond,
I only tell,that any debates without of end with this hater benAdam,
is provocation by him to spread insults,spew at Bible, insult single christians, and spread venom around,
and people like you call him Friend??????????
I DON'T NEED ANY FRIENDSHIP WITH ANY RCC CHURCH MEMBERS,OR ANY CHRISTIANITY MEMBERS,
I HAVE GOD AS MY FRIEND AND PROVIDER,
None of you is able to suit this help
I promised myself to not insult you anymore,
I keep this promise, you don't
and you start again this filthy attacks,
friend of worst possible Internet Gods Blasphemr ben Adam aka seed of devil
I write,I do have my own right,
you read or not,
but not insult, and not back up your gay filthy immoral friend ben Adam
you have to understand God didn't die for this world, you behave like this world,
also God don't see your posts and cyber fakan friendship=after click off computer,none of you ever existed, or gave any witness about God(yours witnesess are blasphemies)
be good for yourselves my boy,
And don't jump higher from your balls hanging inside of your pants.
Have good day Skom
You go crazy if someone says anything to you but think you have the right day in and day out to judge others. And the irony considering how you conduct yourself is really quite something to watch

And you don't allow people to ignore you as you post the same things to them over and over and over again

I have tried for at least a year to take the big picture into consideration and what I think you are and are not capable of handling. But at a certain point dumping kindness down your endless well of misery and despair is just wasteful.

You have the option to ignore my posts. We will see if you take it

“"None shall pass"”

There

#609333 Nov 23, 2013
IMHO

When someone "threatens" me with Hell it is like being threatened with being trampled by an invisible pink elephant.

However, the sentiment behind such "threats" are usually an indication of how much someone hates me and wishes torments upon me.

In a few cases, it is presented in a loving and caring fashion: "I love you and want you to be in Heaven with me. I don't want you to go to Hell."

I detest the former and appreciate the latter sentiment.

Location hidden

#609334 Nov 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As somebody said earlier, your analogies are ridiculous.
And calling people insane over and over is a very weak approach to a discussion.
If you truly believe somebody is insane, you would be crazy to waste your time on her.
Cucumber boy is crying again. Who could have seen that coming?

And the analogies were dead on as far as deterrence and fear, which is what they were comparing.

And if it was just a matter of her being insane that might be one thing. But when people are trying to spread their insanity by claiming others are committing terrorist acts...yeah stuff like that needs to be addressed.

You know how I know when it is super obvious how ridiculous HL's positions are? Because you come running. When she actually can make a rational point on merit and hold her own in a conversation because she isn't acting crazy, you normally don't get involved. But when you think damage control is needed, you are there in a hurry. And her for you. It's how you guys operate and it helps you guys not to have to face reality because you have each other to tell you what you want to hear, not what the truth is.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#609335 Nov 23, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
...The Bible states that having relations with a man and man is a sin, or a woman with a woman a sin...
1. It says nothing about lesbianism, only male homosexuals.

2. According to Christianity, Jesus abolished all the Laws of the OT so even homosexuality is not a sin anymore. Just like you can eat a pork and cheese sandwich now.

3. AS for putting all Christians in a box. That is Christianity's claim. IE: The One Church mentality.

Note that you all change that claim to suit you. Alternating claims between "There are 2 Billion of US" with "THEY aren't REAL Christians".

Location hidden

#609336 Nov 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
IMHO
When someone "threatens" me with Hell it is like being threatened with being trampled by an invisible pink elephant.
However, the sentiment behind such "threats" are usually an indication of how much someone hates me and wishes torments upon me.
In a few cases, it is presented in a loving and caring fashion: "I love you and want you to be in Heaven with me. I don't want you to go to Hell."
I detest the former and appreciate the latter sentiment.
I agree that is how someone who doesn't believe in hell would take it

I can't imagine a scenario in which someone who didn't think hell existed would be frightened by someone threatening the with it

And the very few times I have even seen someone respond serious to such an event is to tell someone it would be God doing the judging anyway

So under what scenario would a believer feel threatened by someone who has no authority to threaten them with a hell and when they don't believe in hell?

It isn't even a threat let alone a terrorist threat similar to one producing fear like with the 9-1-1 attacks

And just like you see the 'threat' as indicative of how someone must dislike you, I see certain claims about the faith as examples of just how much someone must truly hate it to argue some of the things they do.

I do agree sometimes people do it in the proper spirit of witness. Although on Topix that is few and far between unfortunately
Knowledge

United States

#609337 Nov 23, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
topic is not all over place,
few scums and only one believer dr Shrink,who doesn't need Epi RCC prayers listen
their laud prayers are hipocrizy and loud glory only for yourselves-how good she is,(like pharieses and scribes)
I have been down this same road with you a year ago. Remember me? I don't think I will be taking any advice from you this route either. AKA=MUSLIM remember how you wanted me to die, because of my being a female speaking my own mind. Remember how you wanted me to die and have horrible deaths because I was a retired correctional officer. Remember how you went into details of how "your" country treated prisoners and I did the same in the US? Remember how you cursed and called me horrible names, in the name of 'YOUR GOD"? Remember how I asked you not to address me in any of your conversations, nor would I in yours? Remember how you even threatened my life, and you even asked me to come to the coastline and you would meet me there so that you could do bodily harm to me? I do. Have you given your heart to Jesus Christ and repented of your sins Mr. shrink? You don't believe in Jesus Christ, as our Savior do you Mr. Shrink. Your Bible is the Quoran. Thanks for your advice, but no pun intended, but you should see a shrink. Have a nice Thanksgiving, and a Merry CHRISTmas! NO HAPPY HOLIDAYS here. Just thought most should know the truth, and it shall set you free.

Location hidden

#609339 Nov 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> I agree that is how someone who doesn't believe in hell would take it
I can't imagine a scenario in which someone who didn't think hell existed would be frightened by someone threatening the with it
And the very few times I have even seen someone respond serious to such an event is to tell someone it would be God doing the judging anyway
So under what scenario would a believer feel threatened by someone who has no authority to threaten them with a hell and when they don't believe in hell?
It isn't even a threat let alone a terrorist threat similar to one producing fear like with the 9-1-1 attacks
And just like you see the 'threat' as indicative of how someone must dislike you, I see certain claims about the faith as examples of just how much someone must truly hate it to argue some of the things they do.
I do agree sometimes people do it in the proper spirit of witness. Although on Topix that is few and far between unfortunately
Edit:

So under what scenario would a NON-believer feel threatened...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#609340 Nov 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> I agree that is how someone who doesn't believe in hell would take it
I thank God that the "nuts" that dominate Topix (not just "Christian" ones) are far and few between in the real world.... at least here in the North East USA.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#609341 Nov 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Weird
Suddenly using verses that don't exist is the new thing?
People must be out of ideas:)
Did they ever have an idea to begin with?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609342 Nov 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
If I quote the Bible I get bashed but let a Christian scream about murdering someone and no one says a peep. No wonder these scumbags think they speak for God. Christianity enables them to think they are perfect Christians.
You misquote the Bible, Ben.

That's the problem we have with people like you.

And you act like repenting sins (Paul) is a bad thing.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609343 Nov 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Paul admits to being a fraud:
"To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. Though I myself am not a Jew, so as to win those under the law.
To pagans I became like a pagan, so as to win those not having the law."
Note he admits to being a pagan/gentile as well!
He also admits he is NOT A JEW!
See? Quote-mining dishonesty.

The verse before this one you posted explains why.

"Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609344 Nov 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to read your Bible. Jesus YOU/WE should not pray in public. That to do so is being a hypocrite.
But feel free to twist Jesus words. He was just a Jew on a stick for your Golden Ticket to Paradise, right ?
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
The warning in Matthew 6 is to not be like the pharasees and such people as that~ you have read the whole chapter and you know this (c:
You're correct.

Ben's been told that ad infinitum.

Ben doesn't want to debate it, he just wants to nitpick and argue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 665,068
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Joe Fortuna 87,815
The Future of Politics in America 8 min Johnny 118
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 9 min Joe Fortuna 406
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Jedi Mind Master 977,162
I. .My Somali husband and the impending second ... (Feb '14) 24 min Sir didi 9
Need Gay under 16 Facetime numbers ;) (Feb '14) 43 min Dan sky 12
More from around the web