Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#609268 Nov 23, 2013
PAUL NEVER LIED_NOT EVER wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again. He is NOT saying any such thing. You're taking it out of context. Wrong again. EPIC FAIL
Then please, by all means, put it in context for us.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#609269 Nov 23, 2013
PAUL NEVER LIED_NOT EVER wrote:
<quoted text>You are one demented freak. Paul did no such thing, you schizophrenic psychotic, he was merely a witness, he was there, BUT HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH STEPHEN'S STONING!!!!!The Jewish leaders and the people stoned Steven to death but PAUL WAS ONLY A WITNESS. You're a clueless a-hole who has OBVIOUSLY NEVER READ THE BIBLE!!!!!!!!!

DUDE, YOU ARE A REAL PSYCHO. NOT ONLY HAVE YOU NEVER READ THE BIBLE, YOU LITERALLY RE-WRITE IT. YOU ARE SO GONE IT'S ACTUALLY FRIGHTENING.
Your caps lick is on.

Just thought I'd let you know.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#609270 Nov 23, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>o?
now you read Paul letters?
now your God is Paul,
What a f...retard are you ,you poor AIDS sick dieying immoral skunk
I see you're still spreading that good ol' Christian love.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#609271 Nov 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Like going to baseball games!
Read what ever you want into it. It doesn't actually say anything about homosexuality.
Then you are too stupid.
Adam

#609272 Nov 23, 2013
BenAdam

http://carm.org/word-homosexual-english-bible...

The word "homosexual" didn't appear in English Bibles until 1946

by Matt Slick

The homosexual community has raised the argument that the word homosexual never occurred in the Bible until 1946, thereby trying to demonstrate that homosexuality is not wrong; that instead, Christians have translated the Bible to make it suit their needs. Consider this quote from a pro-homosexual website.

"The word "homosexual" did not appear in any translation of the Christian Bible until 1946. There are words in Greek for same-sex sexual activities, yet they never appear in the original text of the New Testament." ( http://www.pflagupstatesc.org/statistics.htm )

But, we have to acknowledge that you don't translate a word from Hebrew and Greek into the English if there is no English equivalent. So, using the term "homosexual" in the English Bible could not have occurred until after the word had entered the English vocabulary.

So, when did the term "homosexual" enter the English vocabulary?

"In English the word homosexual was first used in 1892 in the English translation of Krafft-Ebing's "Psychopathia sexualis" which was a reference work, in German, on sexual perversions. It first appeared in 1886 and was enormously popular, being reprinted about once a year!"( http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_year_did_homos... )
"homosexual (adj.) 1892, in C.G. Chaddock's translation of Krafft-Ebing's "Psychopathia Sexualis," from Ger. homosexual, homosexuale (by 1880, in Gustav Jäger), from homo-, comb. form of Gk. homos "same" (see homo-(1))+ Latin-based sexual. "Homosexual" is a barbarously hybrid word, and I claim no responsibility for it. It is, however, convenient, and now widely used. "Homogenic" has been suggested as a substitute.[H. Havelock Ellis, "Studies in Psychology," 1897] Sexual inversion (1883) was an earlier clinical term for it in English. The noun is recorded by 1895. In technical use, either male or female; but in non-technical use almost always male. Slang shortened form homo first attested 1929." ( http://www.etymonline.com/index.php... )

Okay, so that explains when the word entered our vocabulary. Since 1892 it would take some time, in a less technologically advanced society than today, for the word to be disseminated throughout the population and appear in various forms of literature. That would explain why the English term "homosexual" did not appear in the Bible until 1946. But, does the Bible teach against the concept of homosexuality? For that, let's take a look at the English translations that use the term, and then we will examine the original language.

What does the Bible Say?

The places where the English word "homosexual" occurs in the Bible are found in two verses:

1 Cor. 6:9, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God." (NASB, ESV, NIV,)
1 Tim. 1:10, "realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10 and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted." (NASB, ESV)

In Each case, the Greek word used for 'homosexual' is &#7936;&#961;&#963 ;&#949;&#957;&#959 ;&#954;&#959;&#943 ;&#964;&#951;&#962 ;, arsenokoites. Here is what it means according to Greek dictionaries:

All rights goes to the author.
Adam

#609273 Nov 23, 2013
Get the facts straight you poor gay lovers. Homosexuality is nowhere supported or tolerated in any scripts of the bible. If you got the bible you will know it.Everything else the deal with human rights and equality and that god loves all of his creatures is a fraud a fake.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#609274 Nov 23, 2013
Adam wrote:
I guess the homosexual propaganda won´t go away till the dreams of Sodom and Gomorrah (the legalization of homosexuality) and the public acceptance for the queers to live in sin, shame and guilt and their deal with human rights and euquality are fullfilled.
Hey Adam! I didn't miss you at all, you know I just a huge pile of bacon with some pork on the side, you want some?

May you have another spectacular meltdown before I get bored with topix.

So, if "evil" they have named us, evil we are - and so what! The Satanic Age is upon us! Why not take advantage of it and LIVE!

Location hidden

#609275 Nov 23, 2013
*ate a huge pile of bacon*

Location hidden

#609276 Nov 23, 2013
Adam wrote:
Get the facts straight you poor gay lovers. Homosexuality is nowhere supported or tolerated in any scripts of the bible. If you got the bible you will know it.Everything else the deal with human rights and equality and that god loves all of his creatures is a fraud a fake.
Well, Adam, it's a good thing for the awesome homosexuals that the bible is a work of fiction.

Only the delusional follow 'rules' set in a book of fiction, I would prefer to follow 'rules' from Star Wars myself, Jedis are not bigoted eejits.
Adam

#609277 Nov 23, 2013
Obama's presidency with his gay friendly direction destroyed the legitimacy of America, to be the only remaining ultimate superpower in this planet, Not being able to intervene in Syria to stop Bashar Assad´s massacre to his own people.The loss of Edward Snowdon to Mr Putins Russia and not being able to defy Putin politically with the result that Putin has become the most powerful man in the world.
Adam

#609278 Nov 23, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Adam! I didn't miss you at all, you know I just a huge pile of bacon with some pork on the side, you want some?
May you have another spectacular meltdown before I get bored with topix.
So, if "evil" they have named us, evil we are - and so what! The Satanic Age is upon us! Why not take advantage of it and LIVE!
I don´t work for you.
Adam

#609279 Nov 23, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
*ate a huge pile of bacon*
Good for you.Who care´s?
Adam

#609280 Nov 23, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
He "the evil" could be working at Burger King, spittin' on your bacon burgers.
baptizing him with swine flu. Yum! yum!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#609281 Nov 23, 2013
Adam wrote:
BenAdam
http://carm.org/word-homosexual-english-bible...
The word "homosexual" didn't appear in English Bibles until 1946
by Matt Slick.....
Christians rewrite the Bible pretty often esp. when it doesn't say what ythey want it to.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#609282 Nov 23, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don´t work for you.
You work for Satan.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#609283 Nov 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. sorry RR, that makes no sense to me ..
.. we are shaped by our thoughts. If fear is planted in the mind, what is the harvest? Everything a human desires, real freedom, depends on the ability to release fear and bravely go forward and experience the unknown ..
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." Yoda
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're confusing fear with terror.
Try looking at "fear of God" as in awe, not in terror.
Maybe then you'll understand my post.
.. fear doesn't create terrorism, terrorism creates fear (think 9-11)..

.. when someone says, "You're going to hell if you don't change your ways and believe in my god," it's religious propaganda intended to promote fear ..

.. to champion the worship of any god, terror has become a useful tool, a way to galvanize mass fear ..

.. both Christians and Muslims claim the world must be purified. While their methods differ, they know terrorism will create fear ..

.. the weapon of religious fear is a contagious monster that prevents humans from experiencing true freedom ..

.. do you fear the absence of fear ??..

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#609284 Nov 23, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever read Waris Dirie's autobiography. As a child in Somalia, this top model was subjected to FGM.
An interesting read, but shocking!
.. no, but I've just placed a hold on the DVD at my library (they do not have the book)..

.. I'll let you know what I think ..
Adam

#609285 Nov 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You work for Satan.
You do not it all the time.Not me.Fuckface
Adam

#609286 Nov 23, 2013
@BenAdam

Get the facts straight, you stupid fuck. Homosexuality is nowhere supported or tolerated in any scripts of the bible. If you got the bible you will know it.Everything else the deal with human rights and equality and that god loves all his creatures is a fraud a fake all made up. Not one single solitary thread of truth to it. If that had been the case,then why does the Bible tells us why the men of Sodom were destroyed? The Sodomites the modern word for homosexuals: But if you think that God loves all his creatures and there´s no good and evil only free will why does the book Leviticus tell how the gays should be punished when you think homosexuality is ok in your eyes? Why do you assume god is ok with your doings at the same time when the bible plainly tell us that homosexuality is an abomination up to the Lord and should put to death? Not real bright are ye?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#609287 Nov 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. sorry RR, that makes no sense to me ..
.. we are shaped by our thoughts. If fear is planted in the mind, what is the harvest? Everything a human desires, real freedom, depends on the ability to release fear and bravely go forward and experience the unknown ..
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." Yoda
<quoted text>
.. fear doesn't create terrorism, terrorism creates fear (think 9-11)..
.. when someone says, "You're going to hell if you don't change your ways and believe in my god," it's religious propaganda intended to promote fear ..
.. to champion the worship of any god, terror has become a useful tool, a way to galvanize mass fear ..
.. both Christians and Muslims claim the world must be purified. While their methods differ, they know terrorism will create fear ..
.. the weapon of religious fear is a contagious monster that prevents humans from experiencing true freedom ..
.. do you fear the absence of fear ??..
Why would anyone fear a deity that hasn't done a single thing for mankind in 2000 years ?

Can I interest you in some Manticore repellent ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min Get a life 53,405
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Tellthetruth 992,505
Got my ex pregnant before break up. What do I do? 5 hr glenford2 5
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 6 hr Doctor REALITY 62
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 7 hr quilterqueen 4,680
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 8 hr quilterqueen 1,506
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr Unsolved Mistery 693,594
More from around the web