“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#608763 Nov 20, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep
Powerful stuff
It got me thinking in general to, not even just about the Bible. What might a man with a broken heart write? Would it give us a complete picture of all his thoughts? And different might his writings be if made 10 years prior or ten years later? Especially if personal circumstances changed?
And how much might he tailor a message to an audience?
Especially if he was known to do just that?
There are lots of things to consider. Although to me, the biggest one is simply we can't know the heart of another. Most certainly of someone whom we have never met. The best we can hope to do is make an educated guess. And even then, what purpose would it serve?
But back to the songs, yeah just a classic regardless of specific belief just because of the writing itself
(T) Peace
I agree.

It is why I read the entire Bible and all other early texts.
It is why I study them and listen to all the theories.
It is how I come to my own conclusions.
It is why I am not a "Christian".
It is why I believe in Jesus.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#608764 Nov 20, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep
Powerful stuff
It got me thinking in general to, not even just about the Bible. What might a man with a broken heart write? Would it give us a complete picture of all his thoughts? And different might his writings be if made 10 years prior or ten years later? Especially if personal circumstances changed?
And how much might he tailor a message to an audience?
Especially if he was known to do just that?
There are lots of things to consider. Although to me, the biggest one is simply we can't know the heart of another. Most certainly of someone whom we have never met. The best we can hope to do is make an educated guess. And even then, what purpose would it serve?
But back to the songs, yeah just a classic regardless of specific belief just because of the writing itself
(T) Peace
Did you hear about the big trade the Tigers are making?

The Prince to Texas for Ian Kinsler. It could work out well for the Tigers. It will also free up some money to go after some help in other areas. Should be interesting to see if they continue to try and make some moves in order to imporve their chances of getting that world title they've come so close to getting the past few years.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#608765 Nov 20, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Luci is now stating that she is hailing satan (at least in her avatar write up)~ and spreading his word in a Christian forum. I think somehow help is written in and amongst the words and in my case at least, I think it best to leave it between Luci and GOD. Peace to you too and to all, haven't been in here much lately, but did scroll around a bit and realise I haven't missed out on much at all. Perhaps a good thing I have no internet, I might have been wasting my time reading pages looking for something worthwhile to read.
******This is a good example of what a fake 'friend' does when you leave their fake religion and mock it along with another fake religion and why do christians have such a problem with Satanism anyway? Their religion created it, again, for the slow ones, Satanism is a branch of christianity and both are faery tales but the Satanic bible is funny whereas the babble is awful and murderous.*********

(take heed kiddies, religion is bullshit)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#608766 Nov 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Luci is a good person.
She has done no harm to anyone here.
You really should leave her alone.
You are so clueless, as usual

I realize someone like you is motivated by alliances

You are the type of person that leverage his "friendship" as a threat so someone will support him on Topix. You would encourage them not to do what is best for them but instead to do what benefits you. You have shown this repeatedly.

Was it a positive thing for me or Ians to come here every day and just take runs at each other all day? Of course not. Yet you tried to use your 'friendship' to pressure him out of engaging in a peace just so you could get your way

Is it beneficial for someone not to be perceived as believable by their own friends? But you would have them do it because you want to have another person who can run to your aid when you need it

You are a weak and petty person Catcher. One who does what is best for himself instead of one who encourages friends to do what is best for them

That post I made to her was being more of a friend to her than anything you are doing. My post is encouraging her to be herself and to understand people like her for being herself. You would encourage to pretend to be something she isn't, because it is what is best for you

I pity you

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#608767 Nov 20, 2013
" Judaism does not view the word “Satan” with the same connotation as other religions. Satan in Judaism is not a physical being, ruling the underworld or hell. Rather, in the Torah, the word Satan indicates “accuser,”“hinderer,” or “tempter.” Satan is more an obstacle in one’s way, such as temptation and evil doings, keeping them from completing the responsibilities of tikkun olam (fixing the world). Satan is our evil inclination to veer off the path of righteousness and faithfulness in God.

Throughout the Torah, Satan challenges God to test the true loyalty of his followers, including Adam and Eve, as well as Abraham. However, Satan remains inferior to God and is incapable of taking action on mortals without God’s permission. In the Talmud and Midrash, Satan appears as the force in the world, responsible for all sins. Some Midrashim claim that the sounding of the Shofar on Rosh Hashanah is utilized to keep Satan away as Jews begin to atone for their sins. Even the morning after Yom Kippur, many Jews attend services to guarantee Satan does not make one last effort to instigate Jews to commit sins."

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/J...

But then, who cares about the religion of Jesus anyway?

Location hidden

#608768 Nov 20, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what's the question?
I don't see a question, just some slightly condescending 'advice' based on possible assumptions.
You seem to assume I care what topix posters think of me and or my posts. I don't.
You seem to assume I post to carry favor. I don't.
You also, continuously, fail to or pretend to fail to, comprehend the fact that my leaving the church was a very public and gradual thing that happened, in part, right here.
As for my reasons and or levels of belief and or disbelief, I share that information as I care to and with whom I choose.
I've made friends here, sure I have, I don't box them into groups because I don't feel the need to, just like I don't feel the need to box myself into any particular 'group'.
I will also point out that the friends I made here and kept, don't care what I believe. That rules out a lot of christians, both in topix and out in the world.
I do care for my friends, am just built that way. I also care about some issues that are very damaging to people.
If you have a question, feel free to ask or perhaps point out where I missed your question.
It was not meant to be condescending but it is tough subject to broach and be honest about

I think people can be friends with someone and enjoy their company yet still have reservations about how much they can take someone at face value. I think it is one thing to have a falling out with people and immediately after or in a short time after say some things simply because the wound is still fresh. I think most people understand that and don't look at it in terms of credibility.

But after a while there comes a point where it has to come into play. If someone continues to swear by a position others don't really think they hold and look you right in the eyes (figuratively speaking) and swear to you something is the truth that isn't, it makes it hard to trust that person. It also may make that person wonder what would have if they had a falling out? Would that person do a 180 with them?

I doubt doubt your sincerity as far as who you are friends with nor theirs with you. I do happen to think taking this 180 on the faith, especially under the circumstances that it happened under, does not ring true. And since it isn't required and only ends up hurting you IMO, I simply don't see the point.

That is my opinion from my perspective. I gave it in sincerity and was honest about how I see it. Nobody need agree with it. But it was something I felt needed to be said. I have no desire to push the issue. And I think you know me well enough to know if I wanted to be a jerk about it, I would have gone about it differently

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#608769 Nov 20, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear about the big trade the Tigers are making?
The Prince to Texas for Ian Kinsler. It could work out well for the Tigers. It will also free up some money to go after some help in other areas. Should be interesting to see if they continue to try and make some moves in order to imporve their chances of getting that world title they've come so close to getting the past few years.
I hadn't heard that

And I just was getting caught up on sports and news so I assume that happened today?

I like the sound of it. We already have enough guys that can hot for power but not necessarily with the consistency we need. And enough heavy bats in the lineup where we can afford to trade some power to fill in some other areas. That makes our infield one of the best in the league and hopefully we can go after a closer or some middle relief pitching.

They already were gonna be one of the favorites again. Hurts losing to the eventual champs two years in a row where both times I thought we should have won the series. But at least we are not like other teams who get a year or two at the top and then have to rebuild. We were still gonna be great. This should add to that.

I wonder if the extra money is to re-sign Max? I would love to see that too.

Location hidden

#608772 Nov 20, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Luci is now stating that she is hailing satan (at least in her avatar write up)~ and spreading his word in a Christian forum. I think somehow help is written in and amongst the words and in my case at least, I think it best to leave it between Luci and GOD. Peace to you too and to all, haven't been in here much lately, but did scroll around a bit and realise I haven't missed out on much at all. Perhaps a good thing I have no internet, I might have been wasting my time reading pages looking for something worthwhile to read.
Hey Serah

Good to see ya friend

Just felt motivated to speak from the heart.

Hope you are doing well

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#608774 Nov 20, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

I doubt doubt your sincerity as far as who you are friends with nor theirs with you.
(T) Peace
Edit

Don't doubt

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#608775 Nov 20, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not meant to be condescending but it is tough subject to broach and be honest about
I think people can be friends with someone and enjoy their company yet still have reservations about how much they can take someone at face value. I think it is one thing to have a falling out with people and immediately after or in a short time after say some things simply because the wound is still fresh. I think most people understand that and don't look at it in terms of credibility.
But after a while there comes a point where it has to come into play. If someone continues to swear by a position others don't really think they hold and look you right in the eyes (figuratively speaking) and swear to you something is the truth that isn't, it makes it hard to trust that person. It also may make that person wonder what would have if they had a falling out? Would that person do a 180 with them?
I doubt doubt your sincerity as far as who you are friends with nor theirs with you. I do happen to think taking this 180 on the faith, especially under the circumstances that it happened under, does not ring true. And since it isn't required and only ends up hurting you IMO, I simply don't see the point.
That is my opinion from my perspective. I gave it in sincerity and was honest about how I see it. Nobody need agree with it. But it was something I felt needed to be said. I have no desire to push the issue. And I think you know me well enough to know if I wanted to be a jerk about it, I would have gone about it differently
(T) Peace
Seems to me that, as a friend, you want to talk to me about something, I'm willing but answer me this, what is the elephant in the room? Exactly?

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#608776 Nov 20, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so clueless, as usual
I realize someone like you is motivated by alliances
You are the type of person that leverage his "friendship" as a threat so someone will support him on Topix. You would encourage them not to do what is best for them but instead to do what benefits you. You have shown this repeatedly.
Was it a positive thing for me or Ians to come here every day and just take runs at each other all day? Of course not. Yet you tried to use your 'friendship' to pressure him out of engaging in a peace just so you could get your way
Is it beneficial for someone not to be perceived as believable by their own friends? But you would have them do it because you want to have another person who can run to your aid when you need it
You are a weak and petty person Catcher. One who does what is best for himself instead of one who encourages friends to do what is best for them
That post I made to her was being more of a friend to her than anything you are doing. My post is encouraging her to be herself and to understand people like her for being herself. You would encourage to pretend to be something she isn't, because it is what is best for you
I pity you
I don't even know Luci, other than her posts.

But it's clear she doesn't mean anybody any harm.

So why not leave her alone?

Location hidden

#608778 Nov 20, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me that, as a friend, you want to talk to me about something, I'm willing but answer me this, what is the elephant in the room? Exactly?
In hindsight that might have been poor phrasing since I basically addressed it anyway

But I was trying to say that IMO I believe people know some of the motivation behind this is some raw feelings on how some old relationships came to an end

And that was pretty much what I meant by the elephant. That I think people know that is the motivation more than necessarily becoming this anti-Christian in your beliefs so quickly. But its a hard thing to say because nobody wants to make it look like they are questioning a friend's honesty

Anyway, my intent was not to fight or try to embarrass or do anything negative. And it also isn't like you are the first one to have doubts concerning the faith because of other people in it. So I am not saying its all for show. But just because your friends have been very anti-Christian for so long doesn't mean you have to match that intensity to be friends with them. Which I am sure you know. But I also understand why the temptation might be there. And I just think its a better thing for you not to give into it

I am trying hard to express this properly and maybe there is no way to do it without taking some heat or having there be some hard feelings. Anyway, if nothing else I hope at least you know my intent was good.

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#608780 Nov 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even know Luci, other than her posts.
But it's clear she doesn't mean anybody any harm.
So why not leave her alone?
I have known her and for a while

Why not mind your own business?

You are a guy who leverages his 'friendship' as a threat to get what he wants and when it doesn't work, breaks his word like it is nothing. I know anytime you think you can weasel your way into something you can use to further your personal agenda you will do it. But you also are a complete fake and totally transparent.

So since you don't know her or the history, all the more reason for you to stay out of it.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#608781 Nov 20, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
In hindsight that might have been poor phrasing since I basically addressed it anyway
But I was trying to say that IMO I believe people know some of the motivation behind this is some raw feelings on how some old relationships came to an end
And that was pretty much what I meant by the elephant. That I think people know that is the motivation more than necessarily becoming this anti-Christian in your beliefs so quickly. But its a hard thing to say because nobody wants to make it look like they are questioning a friend's honesty
Anyway, my intent was not to fight or try to embarrass or do anything negative. And it also isn't like you are the first one to have doubts concerning the faith because of other people in it. So I am not saying its all for show. But just because your friends have been very anti-Christian for so long doesn't mean you have to match that intensity to be friends with them. Which I am sure you know. But I also understand why the temptation might be there. And I just think its a better thing for you not to give into it
I am trying hard to express this properly and maybe there is no way to do it without taking some heat or having there be some hard feelings. Anyway, if nothing else I hope at least you know my intent was good.
(T) Peace
Yeah ok, thanks? I guess.

I'm probably more anti christian than most actually, that doesn't have a lot to do with topix, if anything, topix has, in a few ways, just confirmed what I already knew.

Hard to try to make you understand this so I won't put too much effort into it, I will say this though, I have witnessed every dirty corner of most religions, christianity just being one of the latest.

Hope this helps.

If indeed, this is what you're getting at.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#608782 Nov 20, 2013
THE BOOK OF SATAN

IV

1. Life is the great indulgence - death, the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life - HERE AND NOW!

2. There is no heaven of glory bright, and no hell where sinners roast. Here and now is our day of torment! Here and now is our day of joy! Here and now is our opportunity! Choose ye this day, this hour, for no redeemer liveth!

3. Say unto thine own heart, "I am mine own redeemer."

4. Stop the way of them that would persecute you. Let those who devise thine undoing be hurled back to confusion and infamy. Let them be as chaff before the cyclone and after they have fallen rejoice in thine own salvation.

5. Then all thy bones shall say pridefully, "Who is like unto me? Have I not been too strong for mine adversaries? Have I not delivered MYSELF by mine own brain?

Location hidden

#608783 Nov 20, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ok, thanks? I guess.
I'm probably more anti christian than most actually, that doesn't have a lot to do with topix, if anything, topix has, in a few ways, just confirmed what I already knew.
Hard to try to make you understand this so I won't put too much effort into it, I will say this though, I have witnessed every dirty corner of most religions, christianity just being one of the latest.
Hope this helps.
If indeed, this is what you're getting at.
Well, you know how you feel better than I would obviously

I guess I was just trying to say that everybody is human and everybody has feelings. And sometimes when those feelings get hurt it can spur us on a little further than we might normally go. And at some point that can work against us.

Whatever you feel about religion and faith will be something only you can decide.

I have written and deleted this paragraph about half a dozen times now and for me that is normally a sign that I am probably trying to force more than I should. So instead I will just say I am glad we talked about as much as we did and were able to like this.

(T) Peace

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#608784 Nov 20, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
But Clapton is God.
Lemmy may disagree.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#608785 Nov 20, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I hadn't heard that
And I just was getting caught up on sports and news so I assume that happened today?
I like the sound of it. We already have enough guys that can hot for power but not necessarily with the consistency we need. And enough heavy bats in the lineup where we can afford to trade some power to fill in some other areas. That makes our infield one of the best in the league and hopefully we can go after a closer or some middle relief pitching.
They already were gonna be one of the favorites again. Hurts losing to the eventual champs two years in a row where both times I thought we should have won the series. But at least we are not like other teams who get a year or two at the top and then have to rebuild. We were still gonna be great. This should add to that.
I wonder if the extra money is to re-sign Max? I would love to see that too.
It will be interesting to see how this all works out in the end. I like the move and think it makes the Tigers a much more balanced team.
_______

As far as your posts to lucy goes I tend to agree with Sarah where she's concerned. We should continue to share God's Word and leave it up to God to see that seed is planted and if it grows. And if by her own free will she rejects it then so be it. Sharing is all we can do for her.

To flip flop like she has shows just how quickly satan moves in when he sees a crack in the Armour that as you know God tells us to put on in Ephesians.

I believe the following verses in scripture explains what's happening to her perfectly. Just like God's Word always does.
_______

John 10:10.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
_______

2nd Corinthians 4:1-6.

1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
_______

She's fallen right into the trap that satan (the god of this world that 2nd Corinthians 4:4 talks about) has set up for her.

Now she'll try to deny it saying her eyes have been opened. But the truth is she's been blinded like God's Word says.

Location hidden

#608786 Nov 21, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be interesting to see how this all works out in the end. I like the move and think it makes the Tigers a much more balanced team.
_______
As far as your posts to lucy goes I tend to agree with Sarah where she's concerned. We should continue to share God's Word and leave it up to God to see that seed is planted and if it grows. And if by her own free will she rejects it then so be it. Sharing is all we can do for her.
To flip flop like she has shows just how quickly satan moves in when he sees a crack in the Armour that as you know God tells us to put on in Ephesians.
I believe the following verses in scripture explains what's happening to her perfectly. Just like God's Word always does.
_______
John 10:10.
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
_______
2nd Corinthians 4:1-6.
1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
_______
She's fallen right into the trap that satan (the god of this world that 2nd Corinthians 4:4 talks about) has set up for her.
Now she'll try to deny it saying her eyes have been opened. But the truth is she's been blinded like God's Word says.
I definitely believe that ultimately each person is responsible for the spiritual path they walk. To accept or reject is a choice.

Obviously though one hopes that decision is made based on belief.

Short of something ridiculously heinous like a rape of a child that might cause someone never to even allow a seed to take root, I have never accepted that someone else can be blamed for our own lack of faith. And that would be assuming the other person was even in the wrong and not simply the rationalization for walking away from something a person never fully committed to but wanted an excuse to leave. Or someone may be convinced they did believe. In any event, 2Peter 2:20-21 is clear.

Jesus made it clear that causing a child to sin is the fault of the adult. Just as John 3:36 is clear where the responsibilities lie for an adult. For those who choose Christ, nobody can knock them out of the father's hand.

Sometimes though it is hard not to wonder under what circumstances a seed might have sprouted better. And while each man is given a way out of every temptation, not every man will take it. And sometimes the people around them will do their best to encourage just that. And sometimes it has no bearing. Sometimes people will barter their faith like currency. If what they get back is worth the exchange, they are more than happy with the deal.

You can hope and pray people find their spiritual path. But at the end of the day the seed's growth, our faith, our choices...they are things we are responsible for and answerable for. With faith we definitely reap what we sow. And that will be between a person and God. I agree.

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#608787 Nov 21, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Sent ya a T-mail

Have a good one brother

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 36 min Tweet of the Union 104,611
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr PadMark 673,073
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Sky Writer 31 184,617
Obama Pays Muslim Brotherhood Yearly Membership... 8 hr Chris Rather 2
Do women think men with blue eyes are more attr... (Dec '08) 9 hr Chris Rather 98
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 10 hr Rider on the Storm 4,049
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 10 hr Holy Child Jehova... 395
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 10 hr blkguylooking 471
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 hr Holy Child Jehova... 981,223
More from around the web