Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#608709 Nov 20, 2013
The oldest texts in the New Testament are Paul's letters.

When Paul refers to Scripture it is impossible for him to have meant a single text in the New Testament because they didn't exist yet.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#608711 Nov 20, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and Lucifer used to be a minor Roman deity. The Xtians pinched the name of course.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
Sure.

"Luci-fer" - from "Lux", "light", and "Phoros" (actually Greek) "Bearer".

Much like "Christopher".

"Christos" and "Phoros" - "Bearer of Christ".
From the tale of Christopher carrying the Christ across the river.
Though I don't know why, since walking on water was allegedly an option.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#608713 Nov 20, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
I love you Black.
As I do you bro.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#608714 Nov 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Evening Truths;
Hope all is well with you and yours.
Tis cold here this evening I got the wood stove working overtime.
Been told two inches of snow coming to pay a visit. Possible a
pretty winter wonderland. Heck temptation may get the best of me
and I have to take that midnight walk in it. God bless.
Thank you ~ Doing well here-

Cold here also- but no snow promised. Yes- a walk on a snowy evening is nice - Maybe take a sled and find a gently sloping hill (c:

God has blessed us all so much hasn't He ~ His provision in all seasons- His closeness never departing. <3

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#608718 Nov 20, 2013
Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. Psalm 95:1-2 NIV

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#608720 Nov 20, 2013
Philippians 4:1 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#608721 Nov 20, 2013
You rang?

Here you go folks..

THE BOOK OF SATAN

I

1. In this arid wilderness of steel and stone I raise up my voice that you may hear. To the East and to the West I beckon. To the North and to the South I show a sign proclaiming: Death to the weakling, wealth to the strong!

2. Open your eyes that you may see, Oh men of mildewed minds, and listen to me ye bewildered millions!

3. For I stand forth to challenge the wisdom of the world; to interrogate the "laws" of man and of "God"!

4. I request reason for your golden rule and ask the why and wherefore of your ten commandments.

5. Before none of your printed idols do I bend in acquiescence, and he who saith "thou shalt" to me is my mortal foe!

6. I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad redeemer, and write over his thorn-torn brow: The TRUE prince of evil - the king of slaves!

7. No hoary falsehood shall be a truth to me; no stifling dogma shall encramp my pen!

8. I break away from all conventions that do not lead to my earthly success and happiness.

9. I raise up in stern invasion the standard of the strong!

10. I gaze into the glassy eye of your fearsome Jehovah, and pluck him by the beard; I uplift a broad-axe, and split open his worm-eaten skull!

11. I blast out the ghastly contents of philosophically whited sepulchers and laugh with sardonic wrath!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#608723 Nov 20, 2013
If we are serious about following Christ, we will heed his admonition that The following Scriptures explain clearly what God expects from us in this regard. Read them carefully and consider how to apply them in your life:

Matthew 25:40 "whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me" .

Leviticus 19:11 Do not steal. Do not lie. Do not deceive one another.

John 13:14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet.

John 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

John 13:35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Romans 12:16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

Romans 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.

Romans 14:13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.

Romans 15:7 Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.

Romans 15:14 I myself am convinced, my brothers, that you yourselves are full of goodness, complete in knowledge and competent to instruct one another.

Romans 16:16 Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the churches of Christ send greetings.

1 Corinthians 1:10 I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.

Galatians 5:13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.

Ephesians 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Ephesians 5:19 Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord,

Ephesians 5:21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Colossians 3:13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Hebrews 3:13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/biblestudies...

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#608724 Nov 20, 2013

Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.

Hebrews 10:25 Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

James 4:11 Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it.

1 Peter 3:8 Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.

1 Peter 4:9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.

1 Peter 5:5 Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

1 John 3:11 This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another.

1 John 3:23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.

1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

1 John 4:11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

1 John 4:12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

James 5:9 Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!

Hebrews 13:1 Keep on loving each other as brothers.

2 Thessalonians 1:3 We ought always to thank God for you, brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing.

1 Thessalonians 5:15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.

1 Thessalonians 5:13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

1 Thessalonians 4:18 Therefore encourage each other with these words.

1 Thessalonians 4:9 Now about brotherly love we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other.

1 Thessalonians 3:12 May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.

Colossians 3:13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#608726 Nov 20, 2013

Colossians 3:9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices

Philippians 4:2 I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to agree with each other in the Lord.

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Galatians 5:26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Galatians 6:2 Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other.

Galatians 5:15 If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

1 Corinthians 11:33 So then, my brothers, when you come together to eat, wait for each other.

Romans 1:12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith.

Ephesians 4:16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

Philippians 2:3-5 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
~*~
Rich Tatum is the former online media editor of new product development at Christianity Today International.

Copyright © 2011 by Christianity Today/ChristianBibleStudies.co m.

Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#608729 Nov 20, 2013
Truths wrote:
http://www.christianitytoday.c om/biblestudies/articles/bible insights/treatoneanother.html? start=3
Colossians 3:9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices
Philippians 4:2 I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to agree with each other in the Lord.
Galatians 5:26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.
Galatians 6:2 Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
1 Corinthians 12:25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other.
Galatians 5:15 If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.
1 Corinthians 11:33 So then, my brothers, when you come together to eat, wait for each other.
Romans 1:12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith.
Ephesians 4:16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
Philippians 2:3-5 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
~*~
Rich Tatum is the former online media editor of new product development at Christianity Today International.
Copyright © 2011 by Christianity Today/ChristianBibleStudies.co m.
.......b-O-O!!!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#608730 Nov 20, 2013
The earliest surviving manuscripts of James date to the mid-to-late third century. Long after Paul was dead.

McCartney, Dan G (2009). Robert W Yarbrough and Robert H Stein, ed. Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament: James. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic

“"None shall pass"”

There

#608732 Nov 20, 2013
All Hail Paul Almighty!

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#608733 Nov 20, 2013
"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." (Isaiah 40:31) We can rely on God. He can be counted on. God will give us the grace we need, when we need it. Through prayer, we can receive patience and strength, as we continue to trust in Him. God has not abandoned you. And He never will.
*Lifelover

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#608736 Nov 20, 2013
God promises that the way to grow into the image of Christ is by trusting and obeying in all circumstances.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#608737 Nov 20, 2013
THE BOOK OF SATAN

II

1. Behold the crucifix; what does it symbolize? Pallid incompetence hanging on a tree.

2. I question all things. As I stand before the festering and varnished facades of your haughtiest moral dogmas, I write thereon in letters of blazing scorn: Lo and behold; all this is fraud!

3. Gather around me, Oh! ye death-defiant, and the earth itself shall be thine, to have and to hold!

4. Too long the dead hand has been permitted to sterilize living thought!

5. Too long right and wrong, good and evil have been inverted by false prophets!

6. No creed must be accepted upon authority of a "divine" nature. Religions must be put to the question. No moral dogma must be taken for granted - no standard of measurement deified. There is nothing inherently sacred about moral codes. Like the wooden idols of long ago, they are the work of human hands, and what man has made, man can destroy!

7. He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom.

8. The chief duty of every new age is to upraise new men to determine its liberties, to lead it towards material success - to rend the rusty padlocks and chains of dead custom that always prevent healthy expansion. Theories and ideas that may have meant life and hope and freedom for our ancestors may now mean destruction, slavery, and dishonor to us!

9. As environments change, no human ideal standeth sure!

10. Whenever, therefore, a lie has built unto itself a throne, let it be assailed without pity and without regret, for under the domination of an inconvenient falsehood, no one can prosper.

11. Let established sophisms be dethroned, rooted out, burnt and destroyed, for they are a standing menace to all true nobility of thought and action!

12. Whatever alleged "truth" is proven by results to be but an empty fiction, let it be unceremoniously flung into the outer darkness, among the dead gods, dead empires, dead philosophies, and other useless lumber and wreckage!

13. The most dangerous of all enthroned lies is the holy, the sanctified, the privileged lie - the lie everyone believes to be a model truth. It is the fruitful mother of all other popular errors and delusions. It is a hydra-headed tree of unreason with a thousand roots. It is a social cancer!

14. The lie that is known to be a lie is half eradicated, but the lie that even intelligent persons accept as fact - the lie that has been inculcated in a little child at its mother's knee - is more dangerous to contend against than a creeping pestilence!

15. Popular lies have ever been the most potent enemies of personal liberty. There is only one way to deal with them: Cut them out, to the very core, just as cancers. Exterminate them root and branch. Annihilate them, or they will us!

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#608741 Nov 20, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
All Hail Paul Almighty!
I agree, McCartney is about as good as they come.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#608743 Nov 20, 2013
Matthew 7
(NIV)
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother,‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Ask, Seek, Knock7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
The Narrow and Wide Gates
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

True and False Prophets
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

True and False Disciples
21 “Not everyone who says to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly,‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
The Wise and Foolish Builders24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

28 When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29 because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#608744 Nov 20, 2013
There you go folks, christians don't love their enemies either.

THE BOOK OF SATAN

III

1. "Love one another" it has been said is the supreme law, but what power made it so? Upon what rational authority does the gospel of love rest? Why should I not hate mine enemies - if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?

2. Is it natural for enemies to do good unto each other - and WHAT IS GOOD?

3. Can the torn and bloody victim "love" the blood-splashed jaws that rend him limb from limb?

4. Are we not all predatory animals by instinct? If humans ceased wholly from preying upon each other, could they continue to exist?

5. Is not "lust and carnal desire" a more truthful term to describe "love" when applied to the continuance of the race? Is not the "love" of the fawning scriptures simply a euphemism for sexual activity, or was the "great teacher" a glorifier of eunuchs?

6. Love your enemies and do good to them that hate and use you - is this not the despicable philosophy of the spaniel that rolls upon its back when kicked?

7. Hate your enemies with a whole heart, and if a man smite you on one cheek, SMASH him on the other!; smite him hip and thigh, for self-preservation is the highest law!

8. He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog!

9. Give blow for blow, scorn for scorn, doom for doom - with compound interest liberally added thereunto! Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, aye four-fold, a hundred-fold! Make yourself a Terror to your adversary, and when he goeth his way, he will possess much additional wisdom to ruminate over. Thus shall you make yourself respected in all the walks of life, and your spirit - your immortal spirit - shall live, not in an intangible paradise, but in the brains and sinews of those whose respect you have gained.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#608746 Nov 20, 2013
Truths wrote:
God promises that the way to grow into the image of Christ is by trusting and obeying in all circumstances.
Santa promised he'd come through my chimney but I don't have a chimney.

Did Santa lie?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min guest 647,120
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Bongo 49,707
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 59 min ChristineM 445,766
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 105,696
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 971,834
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 2 hr Thinking 28
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 3 hr Sonny Wu 167
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 19 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web