Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#608050 Nov 18, 2013
Sitting at Jesus’ Feet
But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, "Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me." (Luke 10:40)
Martha loved Jesus dearly and would have done anything for Him. Her struggle came in being still!****Martha spent so much time serving Jesus that she had no time to enjoy His company or to get to know Him better.**** The harder Martha worked, the more frustrated she became with her sister Mary. Mary was sitting at Jesus’ feet while Martha scurried around the house to make sure everything was in perfect order for Jesus. Martha’s service, though it started out with gladness, deteriorated into resentment and envy.
It is good to want to serve Christ as an expression of love for what He has done for you.****Yet when your activity consumes your time and energies so that you have no time for Him, you have become too busy!**** You may think, as Martha did, that if you don’t do the work, it won’t get done. That may be true,**** but Jesus taught that your highest priority must be your relationship with Him.******** If anything detracts you from that relationship, that activity is not from God.******** God will not ask you to do something that hinders your relationship with Christ.**** At times, serving God and carrying out His mission is the best way to know and experience God. At other times,****it is more important to sit quietly at His feet and listen to what He is saying.****
We are not called to continually sit at the feet of Jesus, otherwise our service for Him would cease. Neither are we called to serve Him incessantly, without taking time to **** find restoration in His presence.**** Have you been serving God so diligently that you have not had time to spend with Him?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#608053 Nov 18, 2013
Matthew 7:15 ¶Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them
Matthew Henry’s Commentary:
15-20 Nothing so much prevents men from entering the strait gate, and becoming true followers of Christ, as the carnal, soothing, flattering doctrines of those who oppose the truth. They may be known by the drift and effects of their doctrines. Some part of their temper and conduct is contrary to the mind of Christ. Those opinions come not from God that lead to sin.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#608054 Nov 18, 2013
Homemade Coconut Milk Shampoo:

homemade coconut milk

1/4 cup coconut milk (Like I said, you can either make your own, or use store-bought)

1/3 cup liquid castile soap (like Dr. Bronner’s)

1 tsp vitamin E, olive or almond oil

10 to 20 drops your choice of essential oils (I used lavender. Next time I think I’ll do something citrusy just for fun.:-)

homemade coconut milk

Combine all ingredients in a shampoo bottle or jar and shake well to mix.(I bought the squeeze bottles above at the dollar store.) You can keep it in the shower for up to one month…just shake before use.

Use about a teaspoon every time you shampoo.(I used a little more, but my hair is pretty long right now!)

I loved pretty much everything about this shampoo. It smelled good…it lathered up nicely (which I feel strongly about)…and after washing, rinsing and drying…my hair felt soft and smooth. No fly-aways.

Anon

Lakewood, OH

#608056 Nov 18, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they're not. What they're doing is marveling at how much of a coward you are and how illiterate you are.
Oh, yes they are. They know you don't have a radio show, they know you're not a businessman, they know you're not an entrepreneur, and it's painfully obvious you're not a writer. They know you like to pretend. You're not fooling anyone but yourself.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#608057 Nov 18, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
RR?
Hey!

There's but one RR.

And he's pretty much given up on this thread.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#608058 Nov 18, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
Hang on. So, you're telling me that you're so unprecedentedly ignorant that you didn't know that there are over 2 Billion (and growing) Christians in the world???? You really didn't know that??? You might want to look that up. I'm a bit embarrassed for you. Apologies for interrupting your blind delirium of sheer, crushing callowness.........Carry on.
Aw. You flatter me. I approve.

I live in the 21st Century, in a country where religinuts are a minority. Thanks be to Superman!

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#608060 Nov 18, 2013
VIKING wrote:
I HAVE LITERALLY TAKEN OVER THIS FU**EN FORUM!!!!
IT'S ALL MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!! !!!!!!!
This is MYYYYYYYYYYYY FORUM!!!!!!!!!!
Where you gonna take it? Need help putting it in the truck? lol

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#608064 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Hey!

There's but one RR.

And he's pretty much given up on this thread.
Lol. Good call.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#608065 Nov 18, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
On a further note, famous christians were and are just as indoctrinated as anyone else. A famous sheep is still just a sheep but famous.
Please provide historical evidence that the jesus actually existed.
No, a book of stories is not evidence.
There are more story books that could prove the existence of magical elves if evidence worked that way.
I see so much unbelievers on topix write some form of this question many times. And the last unbeliever I see write it I write this to them...but they can't give me an answer. so maybe you can.
----

I'm rather curious, since I always see this "prove it" claim from unbelievers on the billboard that want believers to prove to them God exist or Jesus is God or the bible true or Jesus exist etc, etc. Why do you think the believer in Jesus Christ has to prove anything to you---when that believer is not responsible for what you believe? Should it not be >>your<< responsibility to believe? and if you don't believe---why put the responsibility on someone else to convince you, when there is no consequence or harm to the believer for you not believing? A better response from you would be "you don't believe". Well then fine, don't believe. But why are you trying to >make< a believer >make< you believe? that's rather strange writer.

You don't believe Jesus existed....then don't believe Jesus existed. No one is responsible for what you believe except you and you can't make someone not believe in Jesus Christ.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#608067 Nov 18, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
Too late? Too late for what exactly? The only thing that's "too late" is for your quaking, little ass to have any credibility. I've proven two things beyond a reasonable doubt today, number one you're nothing but a chicken-shit little wimp, and number two you're illiterate. I've also proven that I literally control you........and I mean control you big time. Have fun looking up more high school scores, okay? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Like I said..........IT'S NICE TO HAVE YET ANOTHER JAILHOUSE BIT*H
YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY FATHOM HOW MUCH FUN I HAVE PLAYING THE LIKES
OF YOU LIKE A GRAND PIANO. I PLAY RETARDED SIMIANS LIKE YOU, BETTER
THAN BEETHOVEN PLAYED HIS PIANO SONATAS.
Let's go over this again, shall we? You're an entrepreneur, a businessman, a writer, and you work in radio, and yet you spend the majority of your time on Topix. See how that doesn't work out. These are all time consuming jobs requiring long hours, and yet, here you are. Don't feel too badly, many Topix sociopaths make the same mistake. Talk to your therapist.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#608068 Nov 18, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>And I live in a world where atheists are the minority. Thanks be to God.
Which god?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#608070 Nov 18, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
YEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!! Okay, I'm not a writer. This coming from a bona fide nincompoop, who cant' differentiate between "are" and "is". You pathetic little fool. Like I said, I'm a writer, I'm on the Radio, I'm a VERY successful businessman and entrepreneur (how many times did it take you to spell that word correctly......I'll bet 7) and a very happily married father of two. And I already told you I care more about African shitting habits, than I do about your opinion. You've been exposed you invertebrate little punk, and you've been outed for the illiterate Chimp that you are. Now tuck that little tail between your legs and go home to your little mommy. You lily-livered loony.
How many times must I tell you - you're none of these things - you're a loser. Write it down if that helps you remember.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#608078 Nov 18, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeat things much? You have the originality of a donkey. You're just so incredibly stupid you know? You really are. You pitiful Baboon.
There's not much in your life worth discussing, so yes, I don't have many options other than repeating you're a sociopathic loser who lives in his head.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#608079 Nov 18, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
Viking stretches.......and then YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWNS!!!!!!!! !!
That what happens when you have nothing in your life other than Topix.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#608080 Nov 18, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Good call.
>:)

Hey, how's that atheist indoctrination coming along?

We haven't discussed it much.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#608081 Nov 18, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that. You mean you're gonna let me torture, torment, and drive Ben Dover insane all by myself?
Yes.

Even though Ben is one of the biggest liars I've ever encountered, I have no desire to mess with him.

It's all you, man.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#608082 Nov 18, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I see so much unbelievers on topix write some form of this question many times. And the last unbeliever I see write it I write this to them...but they can't give me an answer. so maybe you can.
----

I'm rather curious, since I always see this "prove it" claim from unbelievers on the billboard that want believers to prove to them God exist or Jesus is God or the bible true or Jesus exist etc, etc. Why do you think the believer in Jesus Christ has to prove anything to you---when that believer is not responsible for what you believe? Should it not be >>your<< responsibility to believe? and if you don't believe---why put the responsibility on someone else to convince you, when there is no consequence or harm to the believer for you not believing? A better response from you would be "you don't believe". Well then fine, don't believe. But why are you trying to >make< a believer >make< you believe? that's rather strange writer.

You don't believe Jesus existed....then don't believe Jesus existed. No one is responsible for what you believe except you and you can't make someone not believe in Jesus Christ.
Yet you care enough to provide several paragraphs that are completely devoid of evidence.

Cheers Tri.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#608083 Nov 18, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. The God of Moses. The God of the Bible. In other words..........JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!

CLEAR ENOUGH?????????? NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH PROBABLY NOT!!!!!!!!!!
So you didn't even pick the most powerful one in the story?

Lame as.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#608086 Nov 18, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
So you didn't even pick the most powerful one in the story?
Lame as.
O_o

There is no god more powerful than God.

All the other gods are dead.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#608091 Nov 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>>:)

Hey, how's that atheist indoctrination coming along?

We haven't discussed it much.
I dunno, not that well I suppose.

My kids seem pretty determined to worship Ben 10, as far as fictional characters go, I think they could do better, even with the added bonus of their grandmother thinking Ben 10 is the debil.

I want them to think for themselves though so don't push the issue too much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min New Age Spiritual... 650,070
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Clearwater 56,013
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 39 min Just Think 435
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 56 min WasteWater 106,067
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr New Ideas 44,944
Why do black children behave worse in school th... (Sep '10) 1 hr blackman 405
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Clearwater 182,937
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 hr brandy trujillo 971,739
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web