“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Camp Cove

#607863 Nov 16, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
We need to ban Milk!
Almost every alcoholic drank milk as a child.
Milk causes alcoholism!
LOL

Is that because it settles your stomach after boozing?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#607864 Nov 16, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
What I'm reading into this is what I'm reading on this thread, Skom.
When I read people type that homosexuality is caused by pedophiles, it pisses me off.
I'm a homosexual that understands Christianity. I want Christians to understand homosexuals. I don't understand why that is so hard to do. We are the same people. We're not demon possessed. We don't need exorcism. We need understanding. We need common ground. We exist and we're not going away no matter how hard you pray.
That's a fact.
:-)
I would assume you are using the word "you" in the pejorative sense as I don't pray for that

And I obviously understand why this is something you take personally

Just don't see enemies where there none friend. Just because I am a Christian doesn't mean I have the same views as every other Christian and therefore must only be entering the conversation to promote the same viewpoint

I would think at this stage in the game my overall stance has been made pretty clear. And I'm not going to make this about me and get worked up at not getting the benefit of the doubt as its a topic that hits home with you. But if you find yourself questioning something I wrote then just ask me. I will always be happy to clarify how I meant it

(T) Peace

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#607865 Nov 16, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Which Jesus ?
The one of the Bible :)
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems there as many "Jesii" as there are Christians.
On the surface it may appear that way,but often groups(or denominations) seem to accentuate particular attributes. Those in the "Emergent" church lean toward hands on 'social' aspects - the "nurturer"- helping the poor,homeless, ect. Some Pentecostals are hyper grace & love; Anabaptist want there life to a "Witness Tract", and so on. Yet, Jesus is the sum of these parts, and more :)
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
While many IMHO see themselves as being like Jesus, I rather see how most of us are NOT like Him.
It is the difference between seeing Jesus as a role-model or a peer.
While I do not hold many of the Christian beliefs about Jesus, I will confess Him to be virtually peerless.
Jesus is the 'Light', and will expose those areas of ones life that do not conform to His image.

As for peer, for a Christian He's peerless, the Alpha and Omega - God.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#607866 Nov 16, 2013
Gettin' tired.. should be "Anabaptist want THEIR lives to BE a...."

“I want three words:”

Since: Dec 12

"Woman. Atheist. Anarchist."

#607867 Nov 16, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Now THAT is a good point, Luci.
:-(
Thanks Rosa.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#607868 Nov 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I would assume you are using the word "you" in the pejorative sense as I don't pray for that
And I obviously understand why this is something you take personally
Just don't see enemies where there none friend. Just because I am a Christian doesn't mean I have the same views as every other Christian and therefore must only be entering the conversation to promote the same viewpoint
I would think at this stage in the game my overall stance has been made pretty clear. And I'm not going to make this about me and get worked up at not getting the benefit of the doubt as its a topic that hits home with you. But if you find yourself questioning something I wrote then just ask me. I will always be happy to clarify how I meant it
(T) Peace
It has nothing to do with you personally, Skom.

I like you :)

Christianity has made a stand against homosexuals.

You're either with them, against them or sitting in the back room hoping it will all go away.

It's not going away.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#607869 Nov 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing wrong with being simplistic if that's the answer
If you credit faith for breaking the cycle then nothing else I asked would apply
What age (20s, 30s, 40s, is fine) were you when you realized you would not be part of the cycle? I know people say from the time it was happening to them they knew they would do it different. And I have friends that it took swell, well into adulthood before they even started to break free of some of the learned behavior and warped notions jammed into their head by a guy that had no business being a father. To this day some of them still ask how high when he says jump. But at least they don't repeat the process with their kids. But I wouldn't dream of asking them when they realized their dad was not someone to pattern things off of. Partly because he still manipulates them to this day and it could affect our friendship. One that has seen a total of two fights in 39 years and the last one was when we were 10. So I leave it alone
But because I can't ask him, I jumped at the chance to ask you when you put it out there
As far as a complete break, early 20's, but it was gradual, and knew as a boy experiencing drunken revelry (and brawls) around me I wanted nothing to do with it and felt there had to be a better way of 'family life'. Faith was a major role ,as well as a few of those "Mile markers".
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#607870 Nov 16, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HFN !
Someones been flushing the toilets so it doesn't smell like a cesspool much anymore so, I'll pop in :)
Oh is that it? LOL. It is nicer in here lately. Seems like the, I guess you could call them, sides are getting along better.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#607871 Nov 16, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
The one of the Bible :)
<quoted text>
On the surface it may appear that way,but often groups(or denominations) seem to accentuate particular attributes. Those in the "Emergent" church lean toward hands on 'social' aspects - the "nurturer"- helping the poor,homeless, ect. Some Pentecostals are hyper grace & love; Anabaptist want there life to a "Witness Tract", and so on. Yet, Jesus is the sum of these parts, and more :)
<quoted text>
Jesus is the 'Light', and will expose those areas of ones life that do not conform to His image.
As for peer, for a Christian He's peerless, the Alpha and Omega - God.
In Rabbinical Judaism it is said that "he God of Moses is NOT the God of Abraham NOR the God of Jacob."
That is to say that each generation has a different understanding of God while God remains unchanged.

Thus, from my POV, "the Jesus" of the disciples is not "the Jesus" of Paul and IMHO far from "the Christ(s)" of Modern Christianity.

To clarify; although the same man,'the father' of my childhood isn't 'the father' of my teens and a far cry from 'the father' of my later years. My father didn't change at all. My perceptions of him did.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#607872 Nov 16, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they were all penned by men that you don't know and never will. Why do you believe some men that you've never met and not other men that you've never met?
Which authors of the Bible met the man named Jesus?
Do you believe that Jesus was just a man?
Well RT why do you believe some men that you have never met and not others that you have never met? Have you met Him or anyone who has met Him?

Well, Matthew, John and Peter met Jesus.

Jesus is our Lord and Savior. He is God.

“Evolution is Variation”

Since: Nov 13

Dublin, Ireland

#607873 Nov 16, 2013
If Jesus is real, why would he not love you?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#607874 Nov 16, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity has made a stand against homosexuals.....
Not all my dear. There are many churches that don't care and a few that embrace them.

As far as I am concerned, differences/sins/trespasses/wh atever that only affect the individual are an individual matter. Those that affect others are in need of addressing by the community.

Hope that made sense. Been shitting razor blades all night so I am a bit on edge. LOL

“I want three words:”

Since: Dec 12

"Woman. Atheist. Anarchist."

#607875 Nov 16, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
What I'm reading into this is what I'm reading on this thread, Skom.
When I read people type that homosexuality is caused by pedophiles, it pisses me off.
I'm a homosexual that understands Christianity. I want Christians to understand homosexuals. I don't understand why that is so hard to do. We are the same people. We're not demon possessed. We don't need exorcism. We need understanding. We need common ground. We exist and we're not going away no matter how hard you pray.
That's a fact.
:-)
Well said but good luck getting them to understand anything. Religinuts only ever seem to pretend comprehension, at best.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#607876 Nov 16, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
.... Matthew, John and Peter met Jesus...
Yet we have nothing written by them.

Even Christian theologians and Biblical scholars admit that none of the Biblical Gospels were written by those named in the titles. No more than a book titled "The America of Abraham Lincoln" is written by Abraham Lincoln. What you are referring to is medieval folklore.

The only Gospel that claims to be by the person in its title is the Gospel of Thomas. Yet, you call it a fraud because a Pope said so.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#607877 Nov 16, 2013
"These are the secret sayings that the living Jesus spoke and Didymos Judas Thomas recorded." - opening line of the Gospel of Thomas.

Location hidden

#607878 Nov 16, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Well RT why do you believe some men that you have never met and not others that you have never met?
What makes you think I believe anything without evidence?

I don't, BTW. On my way to California, I stopped in Reno. I made $3600 by playing the odds. I understand math.
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you met Him or anyone who has met Him?
I've met people who have claimed to have met Him.

They didn't like my questions any more than you do.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying I wouldn't bet on it. It's against the odds. It's not statistically significant.
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Matthew, John and Peter met Jesus.
But they didn't write the Gospels. So, what makes you think they met the man named Jesus. What makes you think the man Jesus even existed? What makes you think that Matthew, John and Peter ever existed? Do you believe anything in the book of Revelations?
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is our Lord and Savior. He is God.
Riverside Redneck is a Christian. He said that Jesus was just a man. Is He a God or a Man?

Location hidden

#607879 Nov 16, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all my dear. There are many churches that don't care and a few that embrace them.
As far as I am concerned, differences/sins/trespasses/wh atever that only affect the individual are an individual matter. Those that affect others are in need of addressing by the community.
Hope that made sense. Been shitting razor blades all night so I am a bit on edge. LOL
There is only one church.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#607880 Nov 17, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like to cut me down and count my rings?
Hey Scar !!!!
A core sample would work and wouldn't require any saws.

http://academic.emporia.edu/aberjame/student/...

Location hidden

#607881 Nov 17, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
A core sample would work and wouldn't require any saws.
http://academic.emporia.edu/aberjame/student/...
Good, cause my leg work isn't as good as it used to be.

Hector !!!!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#607882 Nov 17, 2013
Morning....Running late...

Will post greetings later

Have a GOoD one

BYE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Porkpie Hat 270,141
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 2 min Ricky F 24,053
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min ChristineM 817,654
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min kent 579,137
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min stemaxgizmo 1,991
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 18 min mikeyk 102
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 34 min stemaxgizmo 53,328
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr transdem0n 176,208
More from around the web