“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#607762 Nov 16, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
<3 It's a wonder how many people survive siblings and dads!
A lot don't, sadly the news bares that out daily ...somewhere...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#607763 Nov 16, 2013
We need to ban Milk!

Almost every alcoholic drank milk as a child.

Milk causes alcoholism!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#607765 Nov 16, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey skombo..........
Is this guy tryin to take Megatrons job away?
http://screen.yahoo.com/popular/cat-tries-cat...
Heh

That was funny! That cat was trying hard to get in there!

Man what a great year for Megatron though. Too bad he missed one game of his stats would be even higher. They got a rough schedule coming up but if they win the games they are supposed, should be a playoff year.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#607766 Nov 16, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
My Dad bought me a fully restored 1971 Barracuda for my 16th birthday. It was purple and shiny and just flat out scary looking. I never got a chance to drive it because my right leg was either in a cast or a brace. I wasn't able to get my driver's license until I was 18 and even then, I couldn't drive a manual transmission car. After they cut my leg off, I thought about getting it modified with hand controls but that would have ruined the beauty of it. I sold it and now I drive an 85 Chevy Scottsdale. It's an automatic with a bench seat. I use my left leg.
Hello River - a Plum Crazy 'Cuda...nice, real nice pop... if you're in the market, you might like a new Challenger - they've 'resurrected' that old colour:)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#607767 Nov 16, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
We need to ban Milk!
Almost every alcoholic drank milk as a child.
Milk causes alcoholism!
Naw, diarrhea :)

Hola 'migo !

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#607768 Nov 16, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the old cars. New cars don't impress me and most of them look much like any other.
It took me 40 years to get a Vette. IMHO 68-82 Vettes are the most graceful body styles of any car.
I agree, the classic "hour glass" shape... as in Mae West, Loren, Mansfield...ect.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#607769 Nov 16, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I like AMC because they went up against the "big boys" and for awhile, they did OK. Government regulations (emission controls) killed them like they killed all good cars. Look at a 69 GTO and a 73 GTO.
Tin soldiers and Nixon coming.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EI1gcH2XCEwXX
That and insurance premiums climbing to price out a demographic for such vehicles.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#607770 Nov 16, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
HL- your own bias has prevented you from seeing a larger view than your own eyes have accepted.
LOOK for yourself at the studies and memoirs of published people.
.. how many gays do you know ??..

.. I've know hundreds and have listened to their stories therefore I have firsthand knowledge; you do not ..

.. only ONE gay man that I know was molested as a child. No lesbians that I know were victims of pedophilia ..

.. studies? I've read 100's. Have you ??..

.. what makes you think you know more about homosexuality than me? Isn't that somewhat arrogant ??..

.. here, try this on for size: Christianity is a false religious belief system devised by Romans to control the populace and Jesus was never resurrected ..

.. are you offended? Now you know how I feel. You're way out of your league on this topic ..

Location hidden

#607771 Nov 16, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the difference is between doing bad accidentally, as well all do, and doing bad on purpose. Those things that we know are wrong and do them anyway even though it would be just as easy not to do them.
In Leviticus there are different offerings for unintended and intentional sins. Makes sense.
I have always considered all sin deliberate as I didn't know what sin could be considered accidental.

But I saw in Leviticus it gave a few examples such as touching an unclean animal without knowing or making a promise and forgetting to keep it. Although I guess it comes down to knowing as it said both would be considered sins once the person realized what he did was a sin either by learning or remembering

I think that is probably why Hebrews makes the distinction of willfully sinning. And probably why the Bible often talks about knowing the truth and turning from it. And how people in that situation are actually considered worse for their sins as they knew better.

It raises an interesting question as to ignorance or even willful ignorance. In a way it seems almost as if the more one knows then the more culpable they become. And there is a lot said about witnessing but nothing really as far as what duty a believer has to learn the scriptures. Although people generally were taught by others back then versus being self-taught, that is something I am now curious to look into.

But I agree that there is a difference as far as mindset.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#607772 Nov 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This thinking of yours causes damage to society and pain to individuals.
It's not unlike racial bigotry.
I hope you will reflect on this.
.. she won't because she can't ..

“Love much, trust none”

There

#607774 Nov 16, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, the classic "hour glass" shape... as in Mae West, Loren, Mansfield...ect.
The perfect car for "Middle Aged Crazy". LOL

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#607775 Nov 16, 2013
Allien from the Moon wrote:
<quoted text>if you would meet personaly great dr Shrink,
wisdom, and Aweaome high IQ would emanate to your heart and brain like sun waves heavy radiation during dessert Sahara Journey without of drinking water for 3 days,
and tremble(shaking) like frozen vegetable dafter hot day and frozen temperature nights,
Thanks Doc

“Love much, trust none”

There

#607776 Nov 16, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
That and insurance premiums climbing to price out a demographic for such vehicles.
My Vette is registered as an 'Antique Car' so the insurance is only $100 per year.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#607777 Nov 16, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, diarrhea :)
Hola 'migo !
Hello, Jack!

The meds give me plenty of that. I think the drugs are made from broken glass and battery acid.

Not fun... but beats dying.

Location hidden

#607778 Nov 16, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello River - a Plum Crazy 'Cuda...nice, real nice pop... if you're in the market, you might like a new Challenger - they've 'resurrected' that old colour:)
I like the way they look but I don't want a car that cares whether or not I have my seat belt on or not. I think I can figure that out. I don't want a car that tells me when the door is open. I understand that. I don't want a car that can parallel park for me. If I can't do that, I shouldn't be driving. I certainly don't want a car that will brake for me.

I'm afraid of these new cars. Skynet !!!!

The first thing I did when I bought my truck was to take out the interior light. I don't want people to know when I open my door.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#607779 Nov 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. she won't because she can't ..
You're probably right.

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, and see if there is anything positive in her forthcoming posts.

If there isn't, then I will withdraw any respect for her.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#607781 Nov 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. how many gays do you know ??.....
A more important question would be "how many people that you know are gay but you don't know it.

The 'stereotypical gay' is a minority amongst a minority.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#607782 Nov 16, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I was young I drank a lot of alcohol,now I drink only milk for past 25 years,.....
Which one caused the brain damage ?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#607784 Nov 16, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
My Vette is registered as an 'Antique Car' so the insurance is only $100 per year.
In California, if you do that (they're called historical plates here), driving is restricted to traveling to and from shows.

Of course, one can cheat, but I use my roadster too much for that.

Still, my carrier (State Farm) gives me the antique car rate, which is higher than yours but far less than the "normal" rate.

Location hidden

#607785 Nov 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. how many gays do you know ??..
.. I've know hundreds and have listened to their stories therefore I have firsthand knowledge; you do not ..
.. only ONE gay man that I know was molested as a child. No lesbians that I know were victims of pedophilia ..
.. studies? I've read 100's. Have you ??..
.. what makes you think you know more about homosexuality than me? Isn't that somewhat arrogant ??..
.. here, try this on for size: Christianity is a false religious belief system devised by Romans to control the populace and Jesus was never resurrected ..
.. are you offended? Now you know how I feel. You're way out of your league on this topic ..
I am curious to why the sudden approach to ownership?

Is it not fair to say you and many others have often spoke with authority as to Christianity. Now it seems like you are saying that is something perhaps you and others should have been deferring to those in the faith?

Personally I don't think it is quite as black and white as I think some things come down to knowledge. Someone may know more than someone in a particular aspect of an overall subject even if they would not fall into that classification. I think to assume someone is an expert due to affiliation and automatically knows more than someone that is not is probably not the case a lot of times.

However I do think there are areas that it would make more sense to defer. For example, I wouldn't try to say I know more about what someone deals with being gay in Western culture than someone who is gay. Just like someone who is an atheist can't claim to know they know why someone believes more than that person.

Although this is can be applied to most things when it comes to state of mind. To know what someone has experienced it would be necessary to know the mind and heart of that person which isn't possible.

Also I agree this is an issue you are much more likely to know more about in general. Although I would say factual elements are up for grabs. Whether in the faith or not, it would be a fact to say the largest denomination in the United States is Catholic. Whether gay or not, it is a fact same-sex marriage was first recognized in Massachusetts. Regardless of affiliation, whoever knows those things would be correct.

So I guess I am asking what things do you consider areas people not classified as part of a group should generally be deferred to someone who is, specifically when it comes to homosexuality and Christianity?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Haiku a day ... 4 min -TheExam- 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Christian with Jesus 810,743
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Just Think 574,685
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 16 min lil whispers 2,024
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 30 min dollarsbill 1,042
Any GAY or BI guy wanna text or skype? (Feb '13) 32 min jtg0007 22
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 33 min Senecus 33,177
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min Pokay 269,141
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr set free in truth 39,678
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 hr Rosa_Winkel 97,936
More from around the web