Since: Jul 11

There

#607777 Nov 16, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, diarrhea :)
Hola 'migo !
Hello, Jack!

The meds give me plenty of that. I think the drugs are made from broken glass and battery acid.

Not fun... but beats dying.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#607778 Nov 16, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello River - a Plum Crazy 'Cuda...nice, real nice pop... if you're in the market, you might like a new Challenger - they've 'resurrected' that old colour:)
I like the way they look but I don't want a car that cares whether or not I have my seat belt on or not. I think I can figure that out. I don't want a car that tells me when the door is open. I understand that. I don't want a car that can parallel park for me. If I can't do that, I shouldn't be driving. I certainly don't want a car that will brake for me.

I'm afraid of these new cars. Skynet !!!!

The first thing I did when I bought my truck was to take out the interior light. I don't want people to know when I open my door.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#607779 Nov 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. she won't because she can't ..
You're probably right.

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, and see if there is anything positive in her forthcoming posts.

If there isn't, then I will withdraw any respect for her.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#607781 Nov 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. how many gays do you know ??.....
A more important question would be "how many people that you know are gay but you don't know it.

The 'stereotypical gay' is a minority amongst a minority.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#607782 Nov 16, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I was young I drank a lot of alcohol,now I drink only milk for past 25 years,.....
Which one caused the brain damage ?

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#607784 Nov 16, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
My Vette is registered as an 'Antique Car' so the insurance is only $100 per year.
In California, if you do that (they're called historical plates here), driving is restricted to traveling to and from shows.

Of course, one can cheat, but I use my roadster too much for that.

Still, my carrier (State Farm) gives me the antique car rate, which is higher than yours but far less than the "normal" rate.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#607785 Nov 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. how many gays do you know ??..
.. I've know hundreds and have listened to their stories therefore I have firsthand knowledge; you do not ..
.. only ONE gay man that I know was molested as a child. No lesbians that I know were victims of pedophilia ..
.. studies? I've read 100's. Have you ??..
.. what makes you think you know more about homosexuality than me? Isn't that somewhat arrogant ??..
.. here, try this on for size: Christianity is a false religious belief system devised by Romans to control the populace and Jesus was never resurrected ..
.. are you offended? Now you know how I feel. You're way out of your league on this topic ..
I am curious to why the sudden approach to ownership?

Is it not fair to say you and many others have often spoke with authority as to Christianity. Now it seems like you are saying that is something perhaps you and others should have been deferring to those in the faith?

Personally I don't think it is quite as black and white as I think some things come down to knowledge. Someone may know more than someone in a particular aspect of an overall subject even if they would not fall into that classification. I think to assume someone is an expert due to affiliation and automatically knows more than someone that is not is probably not the case a lot of times.

However I do think there are areas that it would make more sense to defer. For example, I wouldn't try to say I know more about what someone deals with being gay in Western culture than someone who is gay. Just like someone who is an atheist can't claim to know they know why someone believes more than that person.

Although this is can be applied to most things when it comes to state of mind. To know what someone has experienced it would be necessary to know the mind and heart of that person which isn't possible.

Also I agree this is an issue you are much more likely to know more about in general. Although I would say factual elements are up for grabs. Whether in the faith or not, it would be a fact to say the largest denomination in the United States is Catholic. Whether gay or not, it is a fact same-sex marriage was first recognized in Massachusetts. Regardless of affiliation, whoever knows those things would be correct.

So I guess I am asking what things do you consider areas people not classified as part of a group should generally be deferred to someone who is, specifically when it comes to homosexuality and Christianity?

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#607786 Nov 16, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the way they look but I don't want a car that cares whether or not I have my seat belt on or not. I think I can figure that out. I don't want a car that tells me when the door is open. I understand that. I don't want a car that can parallel park for me. If I can't do that, I shouldn't be driving. I certainly don't want a car that will brake for me.
The first thing I did when I bought my truck was to take out the interior light. I don't want people to know when I open my door.
I think you would like my 1968 Datsun Roadster 1600. I had it restored just about to the original. None of that modern technology, even just lap belts.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#607788 Nov 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the crazy thing about sociology
I would darn near bet my life on the fact that your dad probably learned that from his dad. He may have even convinced himself he had it worse and was doing you a favor by giving your an 'easier' regiment of man-hood training let's call it. I have seen friends go through varying degrees of the same, be it physical or psychological. And their dads repeated the cycle.
Yet that learned behavior is the very reason why others go the exact opposite. They would never dream of repeating the behavior because they know first hand how much it didn't work. And that would probably be the nicest way to characterize it.
So why is it? Why do some people that were abused be it physically, sexually, emotionally, turn around and do what they hated. Does their brain shield out the initial memories of torment and convince itself it wasn't so bad or it toughened them up? Is it simply they don't know any other way but wouldn't any way be better? Is it a deep resentment and lack of empathy for people? Nobody came to their rescue and why should anybody else have it easier, even loved ones?
Yet others dedicate their lives to ensuring they don't repeat the mistakes of the parents. Parents use drugs so they never touch them. parents withheld affection so they are very free with it. Parents were abusive so they are extra caring.
Why do some repeat the process and others do the opposite? It seems like there is no way someone would repeat the cycle so the vast majority do. The brain and formative years is some freaky stuff. Programs us almost without our consent. It is one thing to grow up with similar religious or political views as our parents. We are naturally biased until forming out own. But deep-seeded trauma seems to re-write the brain. Bizarre stuff
Bingo,we have a winner! Correct , his old man did it to him (and my uncles). That half placed "value" in 'solving' issues with fists and gloves. I think you understand, part of the 'heritage' in some ways ;)

But curiously , not all involved (uncles) carried on the "tradition". Some couldn't (no sons), others seemed to 'mellow' in areas, yet all wouldn't hesitate to go at each other for a perceived offence. On the exterior , one would never suspect less than civility from them, all but one was professional(7 brothers)and carried themselves to the part.

I imagine much comes into play - nurture,socioeconomic times, mindset of the era, ect.
Yet, "chains" of such behavioural patterns, generationally, can be altered, for some of the very reasons you list, particularly one abhorrence to a said behaviour.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#607789 Nov 16, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>only this case I agree with you

but Jesus was resurected because he didn't die for world christianity,
only for average humans of this earth saved by grace,

accepting Jesus redeemption doesn't make you christian at all,or attendant of christian devil churches,

receiving grace from Jesus,is to make you first way,first road to cleaness by yourselves from all sins who you will regnize a s deadly for you and your soul only,

Homsexaualism is sin,castoms and product of this atheistic filthy world- bastard baby atheism is product of Devil Pagan Christianity who destroy morally all corners of this earth,
and you are too,victim of this destruction

originality of homosexuality was spreaded at first from RCC,celibate priests,bishops,popes to whole earth.
Oh c'mon Doc! The character jesus was a bisexual hippy activist who was killed by the government for rebelling against religion.

You're insulting your own intelligence (?) with this tripe.

Location hidden

#607790 Nov 16, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>you welcome my dear LOL LO LOLUNIA
good night
My True God always bless you, not dead and wicked god zombie from this abominable christianity
good night
<smile>
Creep.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#607791 Nov 16, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the old cars. New cars don't impress me and most of them look much like any other.
It took me 40 years to get a Vette. IMHO 68-82 Vettes are the most graceful body styles of any car.
I'd kill for a '68 Jag XKE convertible. British racing green, tan interior.

Location hidden

#607795 Nov 16, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree ! People accept a label thinking they are now OKAY- because they have a "problem which is not their fault"...can't help it if they give in to the ?disease? because that they need meds in order to be normal...when instead- they are taken further from normal and never realise that the stage they were in was a normal temporary glitch in their chemistry....
All for the profit of man /c:
God gave me the message loud and clear- and I am grateful that I did not give in to a man made "cure".
The first doctor I saw KNEW my problem was due to nicotine withdrawal- and side effects of paxil.
But his partner that I saw the follwing day- changed treatment and tried to get me to be a lifer. He is the one that prescribed the Seroquel---! My initial dose was twice what they should have given someone my size- 4 TIMES a day-! THAT mega dose gave me to hear and KNOW things which I had no way of knowing... WOW-
But I knew that it was the medicine and not "me". PRAISE GOD~
LOL- A 3rd doctor looked me in the face- TOLD me I was bi polar- because for many yrs ..that is what they tell people... If you say "Yes I thought so" they set up a LIFE plan - BUT I looked at him and laughed and said "Good try" and for the first time ever-- used my "trust me -MY mother in law woulda' told me" (c;
Well I don't want it to sound like I am saying someone does not have a responsibility to try to get healthy, even if someone else got them sick. Because I think they do.

It is kinda what G and I were talking about as far as willful sin.say with my situation, I didn't even know I was addicted until 2.5 years unto the process. I stayed on my prescribed dose that went gradually up and just assumed I was doing what I was supposed to.

It was horrifying when I realized what had happened and that I was in a situation where my choice was to be incredibly sick without the medication or to try to do something about it. Once I became aware of the facts of my situation and that I was addicted, once I knew is when I feel the responsibility shifted to me. But it is a heck of a thing to realize I was in a situation that I had no clue I would be in. In a way it is like finding out someone infected you with Aids. Even if unintentionally like through a blood transfusion from a blood bank. It is hard enough paying the price for our own mistakes.

Had you stayed on such a ridiculously unnecessary high dosage (which most people wouldn't even think to question if prescribed) you would have been messed up before long. And it really makes me angry that these pharmaceutical companies seem to not only make drugs with the focus more on retaining a life-long customer than treatment but they spend a lot of money to get certain doctors on board with over prescribing and over-diagnosing.

Look how many kids are suddenly ADD. All that is now is a money-maker in most situations. Any kid that says they are distracted is suddenly put on a very addictive medication.

It seems like people who should share in a bulk of the blame often get a pass as society looks at the end result. Let's say a kid grows up to be a murderer. That is pretty much as far as we look at who is to blame. But what about the situations where the kid was abused sexually and physically for their entire childhood by abusive parents. does it mean the adult who commits murder is not responsible for his crime? No. but the people who turned him into that often times IMO should be standing next to them in court as an accessory. That is how I feel about many pharmaceutical companies. Yet what they do is perfectly legal.

And I could get into more about the info they hide in studies or people that get paid off in the FDA or holding drugs or cures until more profitable times to release them or burying cheaper alternatives and all that stuff. But it is just part of the same thing. A calculating effort to make the most money no matter what the damage to others.

Location hidden

#607796 Nov 16, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree ! People accept a label thinking they are now OKAY- because they have a "problem which is not their fault"...can't help it if they give in to the ?disease? because that they need meds in order to be normal...when instead- they are taken further from normal and never realise that the stage they were in was a normal temporary glitch in their chemistry....
;
Well I don't want it to sound like I am saying someone does not have a responsibility to try to get healthy, even if someone else got them sick. Because I think they do.

It is kinda what G and I were talking about as far as willful sin.say with my situation, I didn't even know I was addicted until 2.5 years unto the process. I stayed on my prescribed dose that went gradually up and just assumed I was doing what I was supposed to.

It was horrifying when I realized what had happened and that I was in a situation where my choice was to be incredibly sick without the medication or to try to do something about it. Once I became aware of the facts of my situation and that I was addicted, once I knew is when I feel the responsibility shifted to me. But it is a heck of a thing to realize I was in a situation that I had no clue I would be in. In a way it is like finding out someone infected you with Aids. Even if unintentionally like through a blood transfusion from a blood bank. It is hard enough paying the price for our own mistakes.

Had you stayed on such a ridiculously unnecessary high dosage (which most people wouldn't even think to question if prescribed) you would have been messed up before long. And it really makes me angry that these pharmaceutical companies seem to not only make drugs with the focus more on retaining a life-long customer than treatment but they spend a lot of money to get certain doctors on board with over prescribing and over-diagnosing.

Look how many kids are suddenly ADD. All that is now is a money-maker in most situations. Any kid that says they are distracted is suddenly put on a very addictive medication.

It seems like people who should share in a bulk of the blame often get a pass as society looks at the end result. Let's say a kid grows up to be a murderer. That is pretty much as far as we look at who is to blame. But what about the situations where the kid was abused sexually and physically for their entire childhood by abusive parents. does it mean the adult who commits murder is not responsible for his crime? No. but the people who turned him into that often times IMO should be standing next to them in court as an accessory. That is how I feel about many pharmaceutical companies. Yet what they do is perfectly legal.

And I could get into more about the info they hide in studies or people that get paid off in the FDA or holding drugs or cures until more profitable times to release them or burying cheaper alternatives and all that stuff. But it is just part of the same thing. A calculating effort to make the most money no matter what the damage to others.

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#607798 Nov 16, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd kill for a '68 Jag XKE convertible. British racing green, tan interior.
It's all about that loooooooong, beautiful hood.

And yes, it's gotta be green.

The XK-120 and XK-150s are awesome too.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#607799 Nov 16, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, it won't drive you nuts, or drive for you. I took one out once(Hemi ,not a 6)- sweet machine. My neighbor just purchased a Rallye Redline, they have the new 6 with 305 hp, more than enough. Really, more than many original muscle cars rolled off the lots with 8s in 'em!
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear ya! I have a Kia that doesn't have a switch to kill the interior lights on door opens, rewired a rocker switch between 'em ;)

Location hidden

#607800 Nov 16, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>Oh c'mon Doc! The character jesus was a bisexual hippy activist who was killed by the government for rebelling against religion.

You're insulting your own intelligence (?) with this tripe.
*Stoned bisexual hippy activist.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#607801 Nov 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I am curious to why the sudden approach to ownership?
Is it not fair to say you and many others have often spoke with authority as to Christianity. Now it seems like you are saying that is something perhaps you and others should have been deferring to those in the faith?
Personally I don't think it is quite as black and white as I think some things come down to knowledge. Someone may know more than someone in a particular aspect of an overall subject even if they would not fall into that classification. I think to assume someone is an expert due to affiliation and automatically knows more than someone that is not is probably not the case a lot of times.
However I do think there are areas that it would make more sense to defer. For example, I wouldn't try to say I know more about what someone deals with being gay in Western culture than someone who is gay. Just like someone who is an atheist can't claim to know they know why someone believes more than that person.
Although this is can be applied to most things when it comes to state of mind. To know what someone has experienced it would be necessary to know the mind and heart of that person which isn't possible.
Also I agree this is an issue you are much more likely to know more about in general. Although I would say factual elements are up for grabs. Whether in the faith or not, it would be a fact to say the largest denomination in the United States is Catholic. Whether gay or not, it is a fact same-sex marriage was first recognized in Massachusetts. Regardless of affiliation, whoever knows those things would be correct.
So I guess I am asking what things do you consider areas people not classified as part of a group should generally be deferred to someone who is, specifically when it comes to homosexuality and Christianity?
.. when someone has researched or attained an advanced education in any specific area, they are qualified to critique or advance a philosophy on that specific subject be it homosexuality or Christianity ..

.. my knowledge and education in this specific area is advanced. When someone claims pedophilia is a major contributing factor to homosexuality, I KNOW they are incorrect ..

.. when placed in the wrong hands, a little knowledge can be very dangerous to society ..

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#607802 Nov 16, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
My Vette is registered as an 'Antique Car' so the insurance is only $100 per year.
That what my Torino had, still have my plate , transferable as you know. My T-Bird is still too young for it ,though...

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#607803 Nov 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I am curious to why the sudden approach to ownership?
There is a large difference in belief and known facts.

I'm a homosexual. You can actually touch me ( I wouldn't recommend that ). You can believe I'm not a homosexual but I am and no amount of belief will change that. I can make you believe that I'm not.

I'm an amputee. You can believe that I'm not but I am. No amount of belief will change that. I can make you believe that I'm not.

I'm Chinese. I can put sunglasses on and I might be able to convince you that I'm not but no amount of belief will change the fact that I am. I could be Korean?

I'm not a Christian but I can make you believe that I am.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 30 min ImPeach 25,612
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 37 min Frank 301
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr River Tam 985,633
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 17
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 4 hr Johnny 6
Satan is the white man's god (Jul '08) 5 hr juliakk 185
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr juliakk 6,444
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr PadMark 685,654
More from around the web