Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#607607 Nov 15, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it from an engineer, inspect structural integrity before stress testing :)
(c:

I have spent a month using a laptop- and finally got used to it for the most part--- now that I am on the desktop..well.... not so sure where my fingers are going!!

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#607608 Nov 15, 2013
..Man, some bad lag there! Should be " ..got it wrong..."

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#607609 Nov 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh
Although this is kinda what I meant earlier when some things simply aren't going to stop on their own
I literally NEVER post to Catcher first unless he is insulting someone. I never butt into a civil exchange he is in to insult someone. Yet he will post to me constantly unsolicited to fight and then cry afterwards. I honestly can't follow the logic. Does he just want my attention?
But him, Aura, and a few others just day after day after day keep starting it with people. Most of the time they have to find a civil conversation to disrupt because lately there have not been enough confrontations for them just to show up and bandwagon
Most people don't have unlimited patience or even anything resembling it. Yet people have shown they are willing the ignore the same people that came here to troll if they simply stop starting fights.
I offered a peace with Catcher if he would just agree to stop slandering RR..and he refused!!
You saw what he tried to do when Ians and I made peace
Some people don't want peace. And the best most can do is try to have peace with the people that do. And for the ones that refuse eventually they got to be dealt with because it has been a year, they aren't going anywhere It just is what Topix is I guess
It's unfortunate though
(c: I saw your efforts~ You are right...it is their entertainment---

Day after day after day~

I tried to give Senecus a visual of what he missed (c;
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#607610 Nov 15, 2013
I’m calling it a night for topix

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#607611 Nov 15, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Stevie - how's it been?
I love ya guy, but ya got - and can agree with your premise about some posters - but my asking Deb about "..being impressed about lately.." had nothing to do with this thread. Something on a personal note. But hey, I dusted the 'box' off for ya :)
Hope yer night is well...
LOL

Dang it!

Sorry about that! I just have been impressed with some of the exchanges in the last 3-4 weeks and didn't want any regulars that may have just washed their hands of this place to think there is nothing good going on here

Anyway, glad it wasn't that then. Hopefully you have had a chance to catch one or two anyway. Although they are starting to get further spaced out again

Things are going well personally. Hope all is well with you

(T)Peace

Location hidden

#607612 Nov 15, 2013
agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
(c: I saw your efforts~ You are right...it is their entertainment---
Day after day after day~
I tried to give Senecus a visual of what he missed (c;
Yeah that is all I was trying to say too

That there has been some good stuff

I am not claiming one side perfect or anything but some people are trying to go in a better direction while some are intent on dragging it down

Anyway, getting late and gonna start packing it in

Have a good night friend

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#607613 Nov 15, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
I’m calling it a night for topix
Good Night

HFN:)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#607614 Nov 15, 2013
@ Steve,

Well let's see, it CAN be done- having a "civilised thread for good conversation" - mainly on the local forums. But again, hardcore nefarious trolls would want to comb the life out of them to find someone, especially if the 'someone' was a whipping boy or radioactive to a group on a thread and happen to up and leave one day(and thereby their 'fun'). I had seen it happen to a woman who was followed and browbeat from thread to thread after several attempts to dodge trolls.

Again, as posted many times before , for some the anonymity of such a venue is too great a temptation to adhere to conventions of civility. The "Inner Beast" comes forth - the "Id" , if you will- and it's 'satisfaction',at any cost.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#607615 Nov 15, 2013
See the 'party's' ending so I'll head for and exist meself....

...but shall return ;)

Good 'seeing' some old familiar 'faces' here tonight, a Good Night to All :)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#607616 Nov 15, 2013
ah, correction, should be "..and ITS.." the possessive pronoun...

Location hidden

#607617 Nov 15, 2013
Senecus wrote:
@ Steve,
Well let's see, it CAN be done- having a "civilised thread for good conversation" - mainly on the local forums. But again, hardcore nefarious trolls would want to comb the life out of them to find someone, especially if the 'someone' was a whipping boy or radioactive to a group on a thread and happen to up and leave one day(and thereby their 'fun'). I had seen it happen to a woman who was followed and browbeat from thread to thread after several attempts to dodge trolls.
Again, as posted many times before , for some the anonymity of such a venue is too great a temptation to adhere to conventions of civility. The "Inner Beast" comes forth - the "Id" , if you will- and it's 'satisfaction',at any cost.
I hear ya

And the thing is, some stuff isn't so bad. There can be some almost "rivalry" stuff that goes on from time to time that I think people would be lying if they said they didn't enjoy it.

But for that to be all there is? I don't get how people can be sustained on something so shallow. And once they want to turn it real nasty like accuse someone of abusing their children or their wife, now it isn't just for fun any more. And you go to these people and try to at least agree to keep that kind of stuff out. For everyone to agree to scale things way back. And they refuse. They love it. The more confrontational the better

The good exchanges bore the heck outta them. And they think people wanting to have them means they are afraid to confront them. Its unreal. Dealing with them is easy. It is just so monotonous and pointless after a while.

But you are right its the anonymity. Real life simply would never allow for it. It would be great if for the most part this place was a place people could come to in order to enjoy regular stuff. And if the occasional stuff happens, well nobody is made outta glass. But I guess what surprises me isn't that anonymity allows for some of this, but rather the ones that exploit it never tire of it. I mean just never.

I like places like FB but hard to have a conversation it like 50 characters that you can't create paragraphs with and then wait 6 hours for a reply. Oh well, it is what it is. Good 'ol Topix!

(T) Peace

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#607618 Nov 15, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible was written by God through man. But you already knew what I would say. The evidence is in the book RT. The history was written down by God through man in a book, The Bible, the word of God. It’s OK with me that Jesus was not gay but was the perfect Son Of God. There are a lot of things that we do that we should strive not to do that Jesus did not do and that is OK with me too that Jesus didn’t do them. But what we are OK with or not Ok with does not change what the Bible, The word of God, says.
Why would you believe the other history books but not the Bible? We did not see Abraham Lincoln, or a lot of the other famous presidents and people but we believe they were. Why not Jesus and God? Do we pick and choose those we like and leave out those we don’t agree with or don’t like what they stand for and say they did not exist even though those that saw then wrote about them? Lets see, I think I’ll just pick out a few of them that I’m not all that crazy about or don’t agree with and decide they didn’t exist. That will solve the problem. They didn’t say that or do that because they didn’t exist. Man, that was easy. Now let me pick out some more…
It just doesn’t work like that RT. God/ Jesus is real. Nothing can change that. Not you and not me, not anyone or anything.
You can agree or disagree but I stand by what I said. Jesus is the Son of God and did and does exist.
I'm talking about the other gospels and texts from the time that were left out of the Bible because the priests and popes and scribes found them somewhat, how should we say, heretic? You let men decide what you should believe because that's what they wanted you to believe. I find that arrogant on their part and weak on the part of those who accept it.

But that's just me.

Do you believe that any authors of the New Testament ever met the man they call Jesus?

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#607620 Nov 15, 2013
Had some computer lag...and switched back to the laptop to put my feet up-ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.Good night (c:

((((((HFN))))))))))Skom))))))) )))
((((((John))))))))

“What game?”

Location hidden

#607621 Nov 15, 2013
agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
Deb gets up from her chair.... walks to the door....goes outside....looks up...
HEY- IT's A FULL MOON!!
THAT explains it! PLUS- River didn't share the popcorn last night.... and Redneck spilled soda all over the place...I think it was soda....
Catcher- was throwing spitwads at Skom...Skom hit him with a few couch cushions...I tell ya' ya' shoulda been here for that!
Viking left the party late 'cuz he had to get up early- but not before smacking several people with a New Jersey Devils ball cap!! AND HAVE YOU EVER seen DUANE in his cheerleader outfit???
River always shares the popcorn, dear.

;-)

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#607624 Nov 15, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does..........AND PLENTY!!!!!
(c:

It's all good- we all just have to take it down a few notches- and move forward. You will be surprised how quickly we all accept others as part of the group. Give us a chance-- get to know us Viking~

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#607625 Nov 15, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
I've gotta admit, you are a very, very funny person. Especially for someone's who's obviously insane.
LOL- Peculiaar YES- INSANE no- trust me when I tell ya'... MY mother in law has been my neighbor for 23 yrs...she woulda' told me if I was insane.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#607626 Nov 15, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
River always shares the popcorn, dear.
;-)
>>shuffles my foot in circles<< I din't get any )c:

Probably cuz my nic name is -debbie do good-

Ha haaa I am so tired... I shoulda went to sleep....but it feels good to just sit and "JUST BE"- ya' know?

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#607629 Nov 15, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay 3 things.
1. Jesus loves you
2. I love you too
3. Please take your medication
LOL-- He loveeeeees me HE LOOOOVES ME!

I ain't got no medication~ I do have zeal~(sometimes)

I have a habit of latching on to some people here at topix... people that I feel I can "SEE". You are one of those people - don't wanna scare you... but when I feel like I can "see" someone... it's because I feel the REAL person who is posting- and see past the dialogue which gets put here in the thread. I see the potential if the person would "just be" - I see who they can grow into being- You have a care givers heart- but with a boxer's technique- You want law and order --- even if you have to tear down an orphange and make the kids live on the street-to make your point. But as our dear friend ( who is no longer on this planet) Bart used to say : " YOU were prayed here."- Please consider that you may have been 'led' here- so that you could learn- and also teach us.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#607632 Nov 15, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S. I am the youngest of 7 Irish brothers.
That was an epic saga in and of itself.
!!!!! HOW many times did they use YOUR head as a toilet bowl scrubber?

Did you ever get to lay your head on a pillow that was NOT filled with your brothers GAS ?

Did you ever get to eat a piece of chicken that was NOT The back,neck or wing?

Did you ever tell your dad "I did it"--- in order to protect a sibling from punishment?

and think that THAT was a good idea--- because you didn't think DAD would punish you as harshly>>

BUT he DID?

Yeah- me too

“What game?”

Location hidden

#607634 Nov 15, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks, I think I'll pass. But I still love ya though, and more importantly so does Jesus. Now don't forget to take that Seroquel before going to bed.
Was Jesus a Cross dresser?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min TrueChristians Ar... 668,021
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Bongo 979,520
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min nanoanomaly 92,816
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr crucifiedguy 286,107
Slimina Weight Loss Pill (best ever that i trie... (Feb '11) 2 hr charm 81
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 183,656
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr ChromiuMan 6,111
More from around the web