Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#607553 Nov 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Some believe in depends on who we are descendents of or who came before us or simply in general as being part of man's nature.
Although I would think The Sacrifice would have ended original sin as all sin of the world was accounted for
But some interesting verses:
Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
Psalms 51:5
Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Romans 5:12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
(T) Peace
According to Jewish beliefs. Man has the ability to do good or evil. It is impossible to have freewill without that being the case. No one is born evil. It is a simply a fact of life that everyone does both good and bad things.

I firmly believe the following and have for 30 years.

"God does not forgive because God does not blame."

We are exactly and perfectly created and God understand us better than we do ourselves.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#607554 Nov 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I have found things generally fall into three categories. The first would be when there needs to be a result because things simply can't be allowed to continue as is. Say someone is bullying someone in school. Well you can go up to them and ask them nicely and ask them repeatedly to stop and they are going to laugh in your face They mistake kindness for weakness. But if you mush their end through their locker suddenly you got their attention. Suddenly them not picking on someone seems like a great idea. And I do think there are times when the results matter more than the approach out of necessity and you have to talk to someone in a language they can understand. Although when this is legitimately the case is probably very few and far times between.
Then you have the situations where you start off trying to be nice to someone. They mistake kindness for weakness. And after a few tries the pride kicks in and it is basically the feeling that this person isn't getting a free ride off of me. And I feel like I find myself in that position a lot. Where I can say, well I tried. Its on them now. But realistically, what they do is on them and what I do is on me.
And the third would be how you try to approach things. You either continue with trying nice or dust off the sandals. Is there some sense of balance that we find so we don't think people answer for everything they do to us rather than God? Sure. But once striking that balance, the real only two options under Christ are kindness or walking away. And you stick to that. And I know you take flak for this or that as people may presume your motives to be different than they are. But it really does take a lot of self-control and dedication to one's ideals to stay as steadfast as you do and I think that is commendable
There are still going to be times when I feel the result has to take precedence over the approach. Some things can't continue. But for the very vast majority it is normally a choice between pride and faith. And I simply wanted to acknowledge the example you set
(T) Peace
Thank you for the post (((((Skom))))))- I think each of us has a season of using my kind of approach- remember brother- I am 51... so I have had a few extra years to practice getting 'here'-- and some serious help from the non believers to help me on my way (c:

I understand your way of posting when you are showing someone that bullying is not a good idea (c: You grew up in a different town and generation than me- I also understand how and why Viking does it his way-

The goal is the same for all of us- stay on the path- and be willing to learn as God directs us to. <3

Location hidden

#607556 Nov 15, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew that Truths. No offence taken from me.
I was pretty sure that you were used to me and knew (c:

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#607558 Nov 15, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not.
I have not judged one heart..
LOL...you crack me up!

"He's a chameleon. For sure.But, honestly.,.Skom is one of the sorriest voices of Chrustianity"
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

"Skom has ruined wsjlm.. All in his own manic self."

"It's really not good--
what's even creepier is reading how quickly Skom changes from hateful guy-
to as* kisser.. "

"Skom and his little fools will one day see who they are truly serving..
Trust me.. They are serving themselves- their god is self."

"I came back to wsjlm in hopes of "taming"'the ridged judge mental thought
process of Christians dominating the thread."

Location hidden

#607559 Nov 15, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Truths. I might use face book eventually. I’m not much into it, maybe if I quit topix.
Awwwww c'mon!!

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#607560 Nov 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah
Two simple questions.
You said if Ians makes up with me that you were out of here. Yet here you still are, posting away
So the question is, does your word mean nothing?
And did you say that knowing your word means nothing in hopes of leveraging your 'friendship' as a threat?
You keep trying to change the subject. And since as usual you got involved tonight unsolicited to defend Aura who got involved unsolicited to start with the insults and faith bashing, I am curious what the answer is
Your hypocrisy and dishonesty I have known about for a while though. So I want to determine how useless your word really is and if you break it to leverage friendships to try to prevent peace?
After two readings of your post, I can't figure out what your question is.

Oh, yeah, you said two questions.

Try again. Just number them, first 1. and then 2.

Without too much elaboration.

I have a limited ken.

Location hidden

#607561 Nov 15, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Jewish beliefs. Man has the ability to do good or evil. It is impossible to have freewill without that being the case. No one is born evil. It is a simply a fact of life that everyone does both good and bad things.
I firmly believe the following and have for 30 years.
"God does not forgive because God does not blame."
We are exactly and perfectly created and God understand us better than we do ourselves.
Well, I definitely agree man has free-will and does bad and good

I might go as far as to say he doesn't blame in some cases. I think he blames those that know better. And saves any who want forgiveness

Although I realize you are saying he doesn't forgive because there is no need to because there is no blame

It actually really is an interesting question as to when God would blame and why

It is something i think actually I will kind of put on hold as far as the rest of my answer. I want to look into some things as not even sure if I see blame and punish and synonymous and i would have to reconcile how I feel about that before I could get a good handle on it and compare it to the verses.

Good post. Got me thinking

Location hidden

#607562 Nov 15, 2013
agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the post (((((Skom))))))- I think each of us has a season of using my kind of approach- remember brother- I am 51... so I have had a few extra years to practice getting 'here'-- and some serious help from the non believers to help me on my way (c:
I understand your way of posting when you are showing someone that bullying is not a good idea (c: You grew up in a different town and generation than me- I also understand how and why Viking does it his way-
The goal is the same for all of us- stay on the path- and be willing to learn as God directs us to. <3
Yeah you definitely have some spiritual maturity on me

(see how I was smart enough to word it like that too! LOL, never mention a woman's age!)

But seriously, yeah hopefully as the path continues it becomes easier.

Have a good night sister

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#607563 Nov 15, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Deb.
I think it's been over a year since you and I talked??
Maybe- It has been several months since I was a regular- But I try to say hi to you when I peek in- But I think you too have been away for long stretches.
WOW- I don't even know if you planted a garden!!
I hope that all is well in yours and your family's life.
I didn't plant a garden, but made sure I ate a lot of fresh produce- but I did put in annuals around one of my perennial beds.
I didn't go camping- as we didn't have a truck that was working- This year has been a year different than any other- LOL--- SOME years are just like that I guess.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#607565 Nov 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're becoming quite adept at stream of consciousness writing.
I'll let HL know.
She'll be very proud of you.
.. yes I am !!..

.. SKOM is the next James Joyce ..

Location hidden

#607566 Nov 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
After two readings of your post, I can't figure out what your question is.
Oh, yeah, you said two questions.
Try again. Just number them, first 1. and then 2.
Without too much elaboration.
I have a limited ken.
So honest

let's try again.

Catcher said to Ians about me...

"You make up with that fuckweasel (royalties are in the mail, River) and I'm outa here."

...to try to stop him from entering a peace with me.

So my question is did you know you were never going to keep your word and you used the threat of leaving to try to get what you wanted?

Or did you decide to break your word some time after?

I am trying to figure out whether you value your friendships less or your word

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#607567 Nov 15, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"I create Good and Evil" - God
THAT is in the Bible.
What you trying to rattle my cage??

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#607569 Nov 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...you crack me up!
"He's a chameleon. For sure.But, honestly.,.Skom is one of the sorriest voices of Chrustianity"
"It's really not good--
to as* kisser.. "
lol.
I do not see where I judge your heart.
Stating you are full of yourself- isn't judging your heart.

Furthermore- again, why do you care? You believe yourself to be so much more worthy than me..
Why even post to me??
You love the fight.. Christ dwells within thee? Huh?

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#607570 Nov 15, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not.
I have not judged one heart..
Wow how blind and ignorant are you?

What do you think it is when you come in here and obsess about Skom and accuse him of all the things you do?

News flash le_le when you accuse someone of something and say they're doing this and they're doing that, and things like "oh he's this or that" you're judging them.

Are you so blind and ignorant that you don't see and understand that?

Location hidden

#607571 Nov 15, 2013
agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe- It has been several months since I was a regular- But I try to say hi to you when I peek in- But I think you too have been away for long stretches.
WOW- I don't even know if you planted a garden!!
I hope that all is well in yours and your family's life.
I didn't plant a garden, but made sure I ate a lot of fresh produce- but I did put in annuals around one of my perennial beds.
I didn't go camping- as we didn't have a truck that was working- This year has been a year different than any other- LOL--- SOME years are just like that I guess.
Hi Deb.
I know.. We missed far too much.
Thanks for reaching out. I appreciate it!

Garden- yes!! Our summer was perfect.
No camping for us in years and years! I miss it.

Hugs to you..
Kisses too..

Signing off..late here..

Location hidden

#607572 Nov 15, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.
I do not see where I judge your heart.
Stating you are full of yourself- isn't judging your heart.
Furthermore- again, why do you care? You believe yourself to be so much more worthy than me..
Why even post to me??
You love the fight.. Christ dwells within thee? Huh?
LOL

How would you know if I a chameleon and manic and what god I truly serve without judging my heart!

What about this one from last time you were in?

LeLe said:

Honestly- I don't like you.. I see no goodness in you.
I find you vile.. I see you as a narcissist - a black spot on humanity.

A black spot on humanity isn't judging hearts?

And I don't care. But you either didn't remember making the posts from last night or you weren't being truthful. Either way I though I would help jog your memory

No need to thank me. I am sure most people know already anyway

:)

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#607573 Nov 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...you crack me up!
"It's really not good--
to as* kisser.. "
It's hilarious to watch le_le sit there and say "oh I don't judge people". She's either completely delusional or the bottle has gotten the best of her again.

Location hidden

#607574 Nov 15, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think it is when you come in here and obsess about Skom and accuse him of all the things you do?
News flash le_le when you accuse someone of something and say they're doing this and they're doing that, and things like "oh he's this or that" you're judging them.
lol.
The day you hold Skom , or even yourself, accountable for your bs..here on wsjlm.
That's the day ill consider your words.
Ok?

Night John Coffey..

Location hidden

#607575 Nov 15, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
A few of these posters lie so easily and so regularly that it is basically a game to them

If they get caught lying they just laugh it off. Or pretend like they can't follow or don't understand.

It is weird for people who actually value their word and their integrity. I guess I would be used to it by now but for some reason I keep expecting them to be somewhat affecting by how blatantly obvious it is. They simply don't respect themselves enough to care.

Meh...it is what it is.

Getting ready to wind down. Have had some time off lately and am going to be ramping up hard until the new year

(T) Peace

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#607576 Nov 15, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I only hope that G told you he and I do not share a friendship beyond topix..
You scared me for a bit.. Leave me alone.. Ok?
*what's interesting about this is that the poster is addressing me, even though i didn't address her, just to tell me to leave her alone. also, is that...some suggested allegation? who knows*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 min gundee123 106,600
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min COOTERDOG 64,573
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Gabriel 973,932
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Phooey 654,399
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 46 min Steve III 45,282
40+ big black men for white sissy transvestites (Jan '13) 51 min ChristinaMarieCD 13
If you found out your wife was a prostitute, w... (Feb '10) 52 min WhorLover 7
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Brian_G 281,947
More from around the web