Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's what he does. Everyone that posts in here knows it. But as you can see he'll deny till the cows come home.
Thanks once again for proving you are a Satan worshiper.

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
All you need now for support is Skom, and you're all set.
The great triumvirate (google!): RR, RA and Skom.
Skom and I get along very well.

I gave RA and RR plenty of chances to have a civil discussion but they are incapable of being honest let alone intelligent.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree
It is probably some type of mix containing cultural bias, elitism, and human nature.
People tend to find ways to label people and elevate themselves above others in general anyway. And then if one tends to pay more than another profession on average, it creates the elitism. And then maybe cultural or just stereotyping that assumes people who work with their hands do so because they are not capable of doing other things.
There are people who work with their hands because they love it
There are also people that may not have had the opportunity to do something else for many reasons or simply lacked the interest or maybe even the drive but are very intelligent.
And on the flip side, some professions may make it a safe assumption that a person at bare minimum can read and retain information. And due to the things they need to know to succeed in the field they are at least book smart. They may be that and lack any common sense
Although that is pretty much the long explanation giving one example of why stereotypes should be rejected. I think it is really an irrefutable common sense argument that stereotyping by forming conclusions based on information not available is very fallible approach. Often grounded in prejudice.
(T) Peace
Agreed. I know people with PhDs who are inept in their fields and auto mechanics that are in essence mechanical engineers.

As for wages. Back in the late 70's an MIS person got paid up to $250K a year; today a secretary does the same basic job for around twice minimum wage.

Supply and demand has a lot to do with it.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think RR requires support
And my motivations are my own.
I generally only get involved when I think you are being very hypocritical or slimy
Minor stuff like this doesn't interest me
IMHO the difference between you and RR is that you like to think about this stuff, RR just wants to play games and piss people off.

You are like a college student, RR is like a grade school class clown.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
thought for the day:
isn't it convenient for devils to insinuate that they have ALL THE ROOM on God's green earth to live and move, but that Christians should be confined to very small and definite boundaries!..
What country do you live in ?

Here in the USA, the population is mostly Christians and they live everywhere except the Ghettos created for the Native Americans (which the European Christians almost exterminated).

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read the epic of Gilgamesh, I read it in English.....
You claimed you knew my translation of Akkadian tablets were wrong.
Thus you claimed to be a better expert than a university trained historian and anthropologist.

I bet you are a brain surgeon, too!
Did you do your own trephining by any chance ?
That might explain your mental disabilities.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
thought for the day:....
If you ever had a thought, it would die of loneliness.
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Dr PUNKinstein wrote:
<quoted text>
rather you claimed you knew the Torah,rabbee teachings and Akkadia tablets as scholar and jesus reincarnated from 10 AD,
thus yo claimed to be superirity to be beter scholar expert than 3 Grade University Diplomas,trained Scholar,antropologist,historia n,linguist,archeolog, jesus christ,prophet muhamamd and 3 days ago that you are I m(YAHVEH posting posts and proposals of "healthy :discussions
he he heeeeeeeeee jerk of the year 2013
Why are you always here representing your lord and master, Satan Beelzebub?
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

BenGAY wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ever had a thought, it would die of loneliness.
Your father, Satan the Evil One, is so ashamed of you.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Your father, Satan the Evil One, is so ashamed of you.
I popped to see what was going on, saw you were here and wanted to say Hey.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Experiencing God Day By Day:

Not Sorrowing as Others
But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.(1 Thessalonians 4:13)
Christians do not grieve as the world grieves. The world experiences sorrow without hope. The Christian also has sorrow, but the Christian’s sorrow is accompanied by hope. In Jesus’ day, a funeral was a time for an impassioned demonstration of grief. It was a sign of respect for the deceased to wail loudly at a funeral. A person grieving the loss of a loved one had no power to change what had happened. There was probably no time in human experience where people felt more helpless or vulnerable than at a funeral.
Jesus, too, wept at the funeral of a close friend, but His sorrow did not come from a lack of hope (John 11:35). Jesus knew that soon Lazarus would be alive again. He also knew that at His second coming, Lazarus and all of Jesus’ followers would be resurrected from death to spend eternity with Him in heaven. Jesus wept because He saw the hopelessness felt by the people He loved. His friends had the Resurrection and the Life right in their midst, yet they were grieving!(John 11:25). When Jesus conquered death, He forever changed the way Christians view death. Christians still experience the sorrow of losing someone we love, but we have hope because we know that God can bring good out of any situation (Rom. 8:28). We have hope in the knowledge that nothing, not even death, can separate us from God’s love (Rom. 8:38–39). We have hope because Jesus will bring us to join Him in heaven so that we might enjoy eternity in unhindered fellowship with Him (John 14:3).
Even though you are a Christian, you cannot escape life’s sorrows. But you can temper your grief with the hope that Christ is risen, for He is your hope and your comfort.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Your father, Satan the Evil One, is so ashamed of you.
Glad to hear that, Dad. I chose a different path than yours.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
Press On
Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead.(Philippians 3:13)
The world will tell you that the dominating influence in your life is your past. If you came from a difficult home life, that will determine the direction of your life. If your culture was treated unfairly, that will dictate the condition of your life today. If you were hurt or abused or if your youth was spent in rebellion, the remainder of your life will be spent struggling with your past. The world is preoccupied with the past because it faces an uncertain future.
Christians, on the other hand, live in freedom because Christ has overcome our past. The “old things” have been done away with and “new things” have come_(2 Cor. 5:17). God has so totally forgiven the Christian’s sin that He chooses not to remember it (Isa. 43:25). Christians do not forget the past; but we are not controlled or motivated by it. The Christian looks to the future with hope.
The people of the world focus on what they are overcoming. Christians focus on what they are becoming. Christians know that the Holy Spirit is conforming them into the image of Christ. Christians know that ultimately they will stand before Christ to give an account of their actions and will spend an eternity in the presence of God. Christians know that eventually every injustice will be addressed and every hurt comforted. They know that Satan, and death itself, will finally be brought to an end. The Christian’s future is so full and rich and exciting that it supersedes whatever happened in the past.
If you are preoccupied with your past, ask God to open your eyes to the incredible future that awaits you and begin, like Paul, to press on to what is ahead.
Amen~

reading out of 1 Peter 2---...
1Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. 2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3 now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.
4 As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— 5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
~*~

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, I am reminded again today of how cunning the enemy is. He knows just where I am weak and what may cause me to stumble and fall. I pray that you will help me to stand strong against him. I pray and ask that you will forgive me of my failures and ask that you help me to stand strong against Satan and his evil ploys. I pray that I will think before I speak or act. I pray that I will always have the mind of Christ and look to you in times of frustration and darkness as well as times of peace and light. Thank you for all of your provisions and promises. I am weak, but you are strong. My trust is in you. In Jesus' name I come to you, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen~

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

1Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. 2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3 now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.
4 As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— 5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house[a] to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
~*~
15 For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. 16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.
~*~
20 But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. 21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

22 “He committed no sin,
and no deceit was found in his mouth.”[e]
23 When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. 24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” 25 For “you were like sheep going astray,”[f] but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
Footnotes:
a.1 Peter 2:5 Or into a temple of the Spirit
e.1 Peter 2:22 Isaiah 53:9
f.1 Peter 2:25 Isaiah 53:4,5,6 (see Septuagint)

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
Not Sorrowing as Others
But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.(1 Thessalonians 4:13)
Christians do not grieve as the world grieves. The world experiences sorrow without hope. The Christian also has sorrow, but the Christian’s sorrow is accompanied by hope. In Jesus’ day, a funeral was a time for an impassioned demonstration of grief. It was a sign of respect for the deceased to wail loudly at a funeral. A person grieving the loss of a loved one had no power to change what had happened. There was probably no time in human experience where people felt more helpless or vulnerable than at a funeral.
Jesus, too, wept at the funeral of a close friend, but His sorrow did not come from a lack of hope (John 11:35). Jesus knew that soon Lazarus would be alive again. He also knew that at His second coming, Lazarus and all of Jesus’ followers would be resurrected from death to spend eternity with Him in heaven. Jesus wept because He saw the hopelessness felt by the people He loved. His friends had the Resurrection and the Life right in their midst, yet they were grieving!(John 11:25). When Jesus conquered death, He forever changed the way Christians view death. Christians still experience the sorrow of losing someone we love, but we have hope because we know that God can bring good out of any situation (Rom. 8:28). We have hope in the knowledge that nothing, not even death, can separate us from God’s love (Rom. 8:38–39). We have hope because Jesus will bring us to join Him in heaven so that we might enjoy eternity in unhindered fellowship with Him (John 14:3).
Even though you are a Christian, you cannot escape life’s sorrows. But you can temper your grief with the hope that Christ is risen, for He is your hope and your comfort.
Amen~((((((HFN))))))))

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

1 Peter 2~ Plus the idea of behaving like Jesus---- is ElseHWERE in the bible ~
"22 “He committed no sin,
and
no
deceit
was
found
in
his
mouth.”

23 When they hurled their insults at him,

he did not retaliate;

when he suffered,

he made no threats.

Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.

24 “He himself bore our sins”
in his body on the cross,

so that we might die to sins

and live for righteousness;

“by his wounds you have been healed.”

25 For “you were like sheep going astray,”
but now

you have returned

to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
~*~

It has to be true- IT's IN the Bible. The owners manula for these lives we are hauling around.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen~
4 As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— 5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
~*~
Part 1
Hey Truths,
Good scripture. It made me look at this:

1 Peter 2:1 ¶Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4 ¶To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
(Continued)
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Part 2
Matthew Henry’s Commentary:
1 Peter 2:1- 10 Evil-speaking is a sign of malice and guile in the heart; and hinders our profiting by the word of God. A new life needs suitable food. Infants desire milk, and make the best endeavours for it which they are able to do; such must be a Christian's desires after the word of God. Our Lord Jesus Christ is very merciful to us miserable sinners; and he has a fulness of grace. But even the best of God's servants, in this life, have only a taste of the consolations of God. Christ is called a Stone, to teach his servants that he is their protection and security, the foundation on which they are built. He is precious in the excellence of his nature, the dignity of his office, and the glory of his services. All true believers are a holy priesthood; sacred to God, serviceable to others, endowed with heavenly gifts and graces. But the most spiritual sacrifices of the best in prayer and praise are not acceptable, except through Jesus Christ. Christ is the chief Corner-stone, that unites the whole number of believers into one everlasting temple, and bears the weight of the whole fabric. Elected, or chosen, for a foundation that is everlasting. Precious beyond compare, by all that can give worth. To be built on Christ means, to believe in him; but in this many deceive themselves, they consider not what it is, nor the necessity of it, to partake of the salvation he has wrought. Though the frame of the world were falling to pieces, that man who is built on this foundation may hear it without fear. He shall not be confounded. The believing soul makes haste to Christ, but it never finds cause to hasten from him. All true Christians are a chosen generation; they make one family, a people distinct from the world: of another spirit, principle, and practice; which they could never be, if they were not chosen in Christ to be such, and sanctified by his Spirit. Their first state is a state of gross darkness, but they are called out of darkness into a state of joy, pleasure, and prosperity; that they should show forth the praises of the Lord by their profession of his truth, and their good conduct. How vast their obligations to Him who has made them his people, and has shown mercy to them! To be without this mercy is a woful state, though a man have all worldly enjoyments. And there is nothing that so kindly works repentance, as right thoughts of the mercy and love of God. Let us not dare to abuse and affront the free grace of God, if we mean to be saved by it; but let all who would be found among those who obtain mercy, walk as his people.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
Deb!!!
Hi ((((((Doc))))))))) You got a friend XO

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 580,521 - 580,540 of596,710
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

461 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Michael 512,950
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min Dang It 110,123
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min It aint necessarily so 682,204
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 8 min THAMILAN 367
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Buck Crick 217,745
Ask Me A Trivia Question -- 2 -- (Mar '10) 18 min Joe Fryday 191,379
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min onemale 250,584
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 89,733
•••
•••
•••