Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#607407 Nov 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a perfect snapshot of your "witness" for Christ
Now you can follow me around and respond to every post I make from now until the cows come home. It won't change a thing about you. Only you can do that. And if you can look at that and feel good about it, then best of luck to ya, you are going to need it
Self.
Barack Hussein

Upper Darby, PA

#607408 Nov 15, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
my goal before Armagedon,
is to fart at your nose 12 times a days,
then during Armagedon stinks flown from you will remove you and like you,very fast and properly without of any left over spots of diahraheea from your a...
ty pul glupi polacki
Obamacare is offering a great program for the severely mentally challenged.
emc2

Upper Darby, PA

#607409 Nov 15, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Good
SONday
Morning****
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust – we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible piper.”
~ Albert Einstein
Thought for the day
The Large Hadron Collider is exposing stage by stage the invisible piper.
Let's all hope that it's not the "Unknown Comic".
LOL
EL the el

Upper Darby, PA

#607410 Nov 15, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says in Psalm 14:1 (King James Version)"... There is no God."
Sure, it is out of context and placing it back in context changes the meaning entirely, but it STILL SAYS: THERE IS NO GOD!
If we can't take the Bible normally RR and everything has to be spelled out exactly as you insist before we can claim that the Bible says kill your rebellious son, then I can claim the Bible clearly says "There is no God." And you can whine, moan and groan as much as you please and I'll just keep repeating it just to annoy you.
What about Luke 19:27?
JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and kill them in front of me."
What if my son is an enemy of Jesus? Jesus is demanding you bring him to him and kill him in front of him. This is the same Jesus whos alleged father said do not kill.
That is one messed up religion you got there RR.
Yes, the bible does say that there is no god.
But it was referring to fools.

Don't mess with EL.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#607415 Nov 15, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice. Also all so true~
If my husband and I separated- I would still come over to bring him his coffee- test his sugar and cook him dinner- and well..... you know.... I would also tell him I love him. We have almost 31 years together~ and many of those years were pretty tough- I always kept in mind that IN The Beginning- he told my mother in law "yes- I love her- but I like her very much too."
He never told me that part- but you know how us ladies can be.
Aaaaawwweee. That made me smile and tear up at the same time. THanks!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#607416 Nov 15, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your friendship.
It simply happened and one day I realized- you are a friend.
No work required.
:)
I came back to wsjlm in hopes of "taming"'the ridged judge mental thought
process of Christians dominating the thread.
I allowed myself to be dragged into personal dramas- due to character assassinations
simply because I dared to offer my opinion of the Love of Christ.
I am going to try and continue to ignore the haters and get on with trying to make wsjlm
into a better place.
Thank you for your knowledge and for even caring enough to share it.
I am not going to wax poetic about "the Golden Room" that this thread used to be called but I admit I miss many of the CHristians and non-believers who used to be here. Senecus, Blindman, Christianman, X, etc.
There were some deeply profound and enlightening discussions back then, I learned much from them.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#607418 Nov 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I hear ya. I actually profited by seeing other people pull off the triangles themselves when I first started posting here. People whom I was just getting to know well had other friendships already established. And maybe somebody I was in a fight with would say some real nasty stuff yet a post later someone I was friends with would post to them "Hey what's going on buddy" and I would think it some sort of tacit approval.
And it's not because I don't understand loyalty and staying friends with two people regardless of their interactions but more so it just wasn't something I had really ever been used to in real life. In real life, if a friend had a problem with someone then I had a problem with them. But even in like college when there was like four groups of friends I hung out with, nobody within those groups had issues with each other. And it just wasn't often you would come across someone that a friend had a problem where it was even necessary to not associate with them because of a friend
But I saw in here how important it was to remain neutral in many cases. Because there simply is no way, at least no way that allows a friendship to mean a damn, to have loyalties come into play every time two friends got into a disagreement. This is a place where it is common to get along with two people that don't. And so most people just go the common sense route. You wait for a post not bashing another friend to respond to someone if you want to talk to them. Or you edit out the insulting stuff. And you pretty much just stay out of it when it is going on. It's pretty easy after a while. And because i valued the friendships of others who not only did the same but that I benefited from because they didn't cave t pressure others might try to put on about me, I got used to not taking a side or not taking a friendly exchange between others personal just because i might have something going on with one of them.
And like you brought up, the truth probably is very different than the subjective truth we often allow us. When we don't like someone it is easy to see the worst things about them. Which of course makes it easier to be all "how can you be friends with that person?". But the truth probably is they have good qualities and its those qualities that attracted the mutual friend.
I have seen some have more trouble staying out of things than others when its a fight. I rarely ever see someone try to disrupt a peace. But for my part I just kind of shake my head when someone tries to influence who I am friends with. It isn't gonna happen and I find it insulting they think i would be open to it. And why would they want to be friends with me if I tossed my loyalty like that? Sure sometimes too much is made of Topix. But it reveals a lot of things too.
(T) Peace
Agreed.

"Love your enemies" is IMHO the hardest commandment.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#607419 Nov 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
BenAdam wrote:
Yes. The success rate increases with new discoveries.
15 years ago I went through Interferon alone which didn't work for me although it had a 50% success rate. Then 10 years ago I tried Interferon with Rivavirin to no avail.
Now I am on Interferon, Rivavirin and Victrelis which is finally working.
It won't reverse the liver damage already done but will stop any future damage.
New Age writes:
Hey Ben - sorry to interject, but is this related to Hep C? My wife had recently been diagnosed with it, and this may be some hopeful news.
Let me know....thanks!
Yes, It is a treatment for Hep C. Tmail me for details.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#607420 Nov 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
To help you better understand Jesus:
"risen" = His Spirit ascended - which has nothing to do with the body rising.
"nothing created can enter the kingdom of God" - thus, since the body was created, it will not be risen.
Take your time to understand, instead of thinking the men who preach to you, have all the answers - they don't.
Another valid interpretation of that verse! Thanks!

I would like to have my tombstone read," He isn't here. He went home."

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#607421 Nov 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
See what?
Ben wasn't talking to you. You weren't even in the exchange. Yet you posted to him knowing we are friends to tell him you don't like me.
You want me to pat you on the back? How many times do you try to interfere in the friendships of others because of your insecurity? You even said you would stop posting here if Ians and I entered a peace. Which we did and surprise, surprise..you still post here
But stop running around like a grade-school girl trying to interfere in how other people get along. You did with HL and RR and Hiding and RR too.
Seriously, who does stuff like that? Tries to stop people who get along from enjoying peace because he needs people not to like the same people as him.
Catcher wants me all to shimself.

Ain't gonna happen.

RR gets around too much, ole Catch can't keep up.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#607422 Nov 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know better than to engage you when you are in this sort of mode.
Truth mode?

Ya, that's a butch to deal with.

For you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#607423 Nov 15, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I get caught in thee kind of 'triangles' a lot. For example, I really admire my school's director. I don;t agree with some of his policies but I understand why they are in place from his point of view. Some of my fellow teachers find that a betrayal. I understand why they feel that way and do not hold it against them. I like lots of people who don't always like each other. I try to understand, I think you do too. Some people are just beyond out understanding, you have Catcher and I have Coffey. Neither has been able to sever the bonds we have forged over the last two years. I don't think either is trying to either.,,, as much as I am tempted to assume that about RA it would be a stretch for even me to accept that RA would do that to you (at least). Friends don't try and turn friends against each other.
Recall that Catcher, IANS and I were in a bitter feud not too long ago. Stubborn alpha males pissing on each others shoes. LOL
I am too old for the pissing matches; perhaps that is why am reluctant to give them up. I do not want to admit I am getting old.
Sorry if I rambled. You're an OK person, Skom. Most people here really are. As much as hate to admit it I bet even RA is a good person. Just don't he and I will ever like each other.
My sponsor told me once, "You don't need a lot of close friends. Jesus only had twelve, one doubted him, one denied him thrice and one betrayed him to his death. Jesus forgave them all." - New Holland Joe (may he be in the 'Olam Ha-ba' he believed in)
I hate to break the news to ya, Ben.

You're a beta male.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#607424 Nov 15, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you think you are the only one with any rights.
You sound just like Hitler, Stalin and Herod.
lol - i was just pointing out that it's okay for you to despise yourself for being a white male, but you're not allowed to punish others over your bigotry

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#607425 Nov 15, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your friendship.
It simply happened and one day I realized- you are a friend.
No work required.
I came back to wsjlm in hopes of "taming"'the ridged judge mental thought
process of Christians dominating the thread.
I allowed myself to be dragged into personal dramas- due to character assassinations
simply because I dared to offer my opinion of the Love of Christ.
I am going to try and continue to ignore the haters and get on with trying to make wsjlm
into a better place.
Thank you for your knowledge and for even caring enough to share it.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#607426 Nov 15, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a Christian. I am a believer in Jesus of Galilee as the Final Atonement for All Mankind.
AWESOME! how could anyone atone for the sin of the whole world unless they were the One born of a virgin and therefore without original sin?:)

Location hidden

#607429 Nov 15, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I often wonder why people care if He was a homosexual man.. Or not.
Why does it matter either way?
I kinda liken to to people claiming Hitler was a Christian..
So what??
He can claim anything really.. Doesn't affect " his story" though.
If you look back at the customs of Greece and consider the philosophical differences between the east and west societies of the time, you will see that it was a device or polemic anathema developed by the Roman theocracy to place a "stigma" on the eastern culture (and thereby the churches) by association, in an attempt to move the power of the church to the western seat in the empire. It was also a divisive attempt to align the Hebrews(and converts) with Rome to deplete and denigrate the authority of the eastern faction(s) of the empire. That combined with the collusion of the political cooperatives provided a successful threefold coup, and set the stage for Roman dominance, politically, theologically, and socially across the entire empire.
Typical Roman strategy--divide and conquer...except in this case it was psychologically.

Location hidden

#607430 Nov 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I hear ya. I actually profited by seeing other people pull off the triangles themselves when I first started posting here. People whom I was just getting to know well had other friendships already established. And maybe somebody I was in a fight with would say some real nasty stuff yet a post later someone I was friends with would post to them "Hey what's going on buddy" and I would think it some sort of tacit approval.
And it's not because I don't understand loyalty and staying friends with two people regardless of their interactions but more so it just wasn't something I had really ever been used to in real life. In real life, if a friend had a problem with someone then I had a problem with them. But even in like college when there was like four groups of friends I hung out with, nobody within those groups had issues with each other. And it just wasn't often you would come across someone that a friend had a problem where it was even necessary to not associate with them because of a friend
But I saw in here how important it was to remain neutral in many cases. Because there simply is no way, at least no way that allows a friendship to mean a damn, to have loyalties come into play every time two friends got into a disagreement. This is a place where it is common to get along with two people that don't. And so most people just go the common sense route. You wait for a post not bashing another friend to respond to someone if you want to talk to them. Or you edit out the insulting stuff. And you pretty much just stay out of it when it is going on. It's pretty easy after a while. And because i valued the friendships of others who not only did the same but that I benefited from because they didn't cave t pressure others might try to put on about me, I got used to not taking a side or not taking a friendly exchange between others personal just because i might have something going on with one of them.
And like you brought up, the truth probably is very different than the subjective truth we often allow us. When we don't like someone it is easy to see the worst things about them. Which of course makes it easier to be all "how can you be friends with that person?". But the truth probably is they have good qualities and its those qualities that attracted the mutual friend.
I have seen some have more trouble staying out of things than others when its a fight. I rarely ever see someone try to disrupt a peace. But for my part I just kind of shake my head when someone tries to influence who I am friends with. It isn't gonna happen and I find it insulting they think i would be open to it. And why would they want to be friends with me if I tossed my loyalty like that? Sure sometimes too much is made of Topix. But it reveals a lot of things too.
(T) Peace
Ya. Exactly.
Thoth speaks of being trapped in these triangles(or not allowing yourself to be trapped in them). As he puts it--"The dogs of the universe will devour you if you travel through the triangles".

“"None shall pass"”

There

#607431 Nov 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
AWESOME! how could anyone atone for the sin of the whole world unless they were the One born of a virgin and therefore without original sin?:)
Where in Leviticus does say any of that? Leviticus is where the sacrifices, offerings and atonement are specified.

You seem to have Jesus and Judaism confused with Hercules and Pagan beliefs.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#607432 Nov 15, 2013
BTW, "Original Sin" did not exist until over 300 years after Jesus died.
It was invented by Augustine of Hippo in the 4th cent. AD

Enjoy your Roman mythology.

"Augustine of Hippo (354–430) taught that Adam's sin[24] is transmitted by concupiscence, resulting in humanity becoming a massa damnata (mass of perdition, condemned crowd), with much enfeebled, though not destroyed, freedom of will. When Adam sinned, human nature was thenceforth transformed. Adam and Eve, via sexual reproduction, recreated human nature. Their descendants now live in sin, in the form of concupiscence, a term Augustine used in a metaphysical, not a psychological sense. Augustine insisted that concupiscence was not a being but a bad quality, the privation of good or a wound. He admitted that sexual concupiscence (libido) might have been present in the perfect human nature in paradise, and that only later it became disobedient to human will as a result of the first couple's disobedience to God's will in the original sin. In Augustine's view (termed "Realism"), all of humanity was really present in Adam when he sinned, and therefore all have sinned. Original sin, according to Augustine, consists of the guilt of Adam which all humans inherit. As sinners, humans are utterly depraved in nature, lack the freedom to do good, and cannot respond to the will of God without divine grace. Grace is irresistible, results in conversion, and leads to perseverance."

De nuptiis et concupiscentia, I, 25. 28; PL 44, 430; cf. Contra Julianum, VI, 18.53; PL 44, 854; ibid. VI, 19.58; PL 44, 857; ibid., II, 10.33; PL 44, 697; Contra Secundinum Manichaeum, 15; PL 42, 590.

Augustine's letter to Julian of Eclanum: "Quis enim negat futurum fuisse concubitum, etiamsi peccatum non praecessisset? Sed futurus fuerat, sicut aliis membris, ita etiam genitalibus voluntate motis, non libidine concitatis; aut certe etiam ipsa libidine – ut non vos de illa nimium contristemus – non qualis nunc est, sed ad nutum voluntarium serviente" (Contra Julianum, IV. 11. 57; PL 44, 766).

See also his late work: Contra secundam Iuliani responsionem imperfectum opus, II, 42; PL 45,1160; ibid. II, 45; PL 45,1161; ibid., VI, 22; PL 45, 1550–1551. Cf.Schmitt,É.(1983). Le mariage chrétien dans l'oeuvre de Saint Augustin. Une théologie baptismale de la ie conjugale.Études Augustiniennes. Paris. p. 104.

and of course: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_sin

“"None shall pass"”

There

#607433 Nov 15, 2013
There is no mention whatsoever of 'Original Sin' in the Bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Too Fine 104,544
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min nanoanomaly 37,120
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Rosesz 640,983
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 26 min An NFL Fan 38,309
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min The Hangman 969,766
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr X Pendable 182,260
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Not religious 44,252
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 280,834
More from around the web