Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#607199 Nov 14, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
I understand your view point and in some cases agree 100%.
However. Anyone who tells me that because they don;t consider me a "true believer" gives them the right to say that I should masturbate in front of Jesus or that they want to masturbate in front of my mother. Such trolls IMHO know nothing of Jesus and can't possibly believe in Him.
I am disgusted at the way that if someone says "I'm a Christian" they get a free pass and a million excuses for their behavior.
I know far too many "Christians" that IMHO do not believe in Jesus while I also know many "non-Christians" who follow the teachings of Jesus as if they were etched on their hearts. Which should I follow ?
<quoted text>
I personally try very hard to never get into claiming to know who is a "true Christian" or a "true believer" for anyone that says they believe in Christ. Only God can see the heart.

And while I wasn't speaking about any critic specifically, I think it is pretty fair to say when it comes to Christianity and the Bible you have often put yourself in that role. And have done so very aggressively. If someone wants to challenge that just as aggressively, well it would seem fair to me.

However, there has to be a line in the manner and words that a believer must take in the defense of the faith. What they say on a personal level in a personal dispute is one thing. But when defending God, the faith, and the Bible it is a very different situation. It is my belief that is a believer is going to speak for God or in defense of God, he must do so in a way that God would approve of.

Aggressively defending God, the Bible, and the faith? Absolutely permitted.

Aggressively defending God, the Bible, and the faith with anger and insults mixed it? Within reason I would still say it is permitted. The few times in the Bible that Jesus Himself showed anger was towards those that would disparage the faith and His teachings.

Aggressively defending God, the Bible, and the faith with insults and suggestions to the extent I have seen over the last few days? There has to be a line. And while there is no manual on what specifically can be said in defense, I think each believer has to be honest with himself. In Christ was in the room with us, would we ever dream of saying certain things in defense of Him? Anytime the answer is "NO" then we know we have gone over the line

JMO on the whole thing

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#607202 Nov 14, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark 6:16 (cited by Viking)
"But when Herod heard thereof, he said, It is John, whom I beheaded: he is risen from the dead."
Mark 16:6 (cited by me)
"and he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him."
Mark 16:6 does not say Jesus was risen "from the dead".
Mark 6:16 says John the Baptist was "risen from the dead".
Thanks for proving you never read the Bible.
I am betting $100 Viking is one of your sock puppets.
Why do you feel the need to continue to lie Lamb Chops? Especially when you consider your claim that you never lie. Viking clearly cited Mark 16:6 and not Mark 6:16 (which by the way is the verse you used not Viking)
_______

VIKING
Union City, NJ
Reply Ľ
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
3 hrs ago Judged:

MARK 16:6 HE HAS RISEN FROM THE DEAD!!!!FROM THE DEAD!!!!
_______

And also just as Viking stated the NLT version of the Bible clearly says "he is risen from the dead.

Mark 16:6 (NLT)

6 but the angel said,ďDonít be alarmed. You are looking for Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He isnít here! He is risen from the dead!
_______

Don't you think it's time to stop lying all the time Lamb Chops?

Face it, you're not fooling anybody. People have been on to your lies in here for a long long time.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#607203 Nov 14, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
DRUM ROLL......DRUM ROLL!!!!!
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
I GIVE YOU.........
SATAN ON CRACK!!!!!!!!!
no really
One bright, beautiful Sunday morning, everyone in tiny Jonestown wakes up early and goes to their local church. Before the service starts, the townspeople sit in their pews and talk about their lives and their families.

Suddenly, at the altar, Satan appears!! Everyone starts screaming and running for the front entrance, trampling each other in their determined efforts to get away from Evil Incarnate. Soon, everyone is evacuated from the church except for one man, who sit calmly in his pew, seemingly oblivious to the fact that God's ultimate enemy is in his presence. This confuses Satan a bit. Satan walks up to the man and says, "Hey, don't you know who I am?" The man says, "Yep, sure do."

Satan says, "Well, aren't you afraid of me?" The man says, "Nope, sure ain't."

Satan, perturbed, says, "And why aren't you afraid of me?" The man says, "Well, I've been married to your sister for 25 years."

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#607206 Nov 14, 2013
VIKING wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so "friend" The fact that you would defend a Christ-hating, Holy Spirit blaspheming animal like that, only shows me one thing........YOU ARE WORSE AND MORE SATANIC THAN HE IS. You are nothing but a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing. Get on your knees right now, repent, and beg for forgiveness. Otherwise, the same fate that awaits him, will also await you. Do it NOW!!!!!!!!!!for the sake and salvation of your rotten soul......GET ON YOUR KNEES NOW!!!!!!!
The hate that you profess is not of God or to Gods glory. It is generated from your heart- which denies God full access.
Please talk to God and ask Him to help you to repent and repair (((((Viking))))))) Cast your burdens to Him- He can set you free from the unrest and heal your walk. Your walk TO Him. Submit to know that I speak the truth to you.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#607208 Nov 14, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
I am disgusted at the way that if someone says "I'm a Christian" they get a free pass and a million excuses for their behavior.
<quoted text>
Now this is hilarious coming from the guy who thinks it's okay to tell people that he wants to defecate on their grave. That behavior is okay according to Lamb Chops.

Can you say "hypocrite" Lamb Chops?

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#607213 Nov 14, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in Jesus as the Final Atonement for Mankind. I believe in the teachings of Jesus as near we can discern them from the Gospels esp. Mark and Thomas.
I do not believe in the Bible, Christianity, Paul, Popes, Emperors, Kings etc. None of them existed when Jesus walked and taught in Israel.
Thank you for the reply. I believe that the gospel message was maintained by God and recorded so that we may know of Christ sacrifice- it's purpose. Also, that It only partially not accepted by people who do not care to submit to the responsibility of claiming Christ as their Savior. I am not writing this for you in particular--- but for the many- who claim to be Christian...that do not realise that you can't just claim to believe in Christ....and then do anything you want and that He already paid for it.
People twist it to suit their needs and misdeeds. Instead of for the recorded purpose.... which is to feel the presence and guidance from Gods counsel on how we are supposed to treat others....

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#607216 Nov 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never tell a believer not to be offended at insults about our Lord
For me though, those that attack insult God is like someone trying to knock down a mountain with a twig. I personally don't get too worked up about it because it poses no threat to God or to those who truly believe
I have found many critics unfairly IMO associate social issues or take misconstrued stereotypes about Christians and use that as fuel for going after the faith. Sometimes it helps them to see that many believers are nothing like they think. Other times it makes no difference.
And different people have different approaches. I almost look at it like whether people take the Martin Luther King approach of the Malcolm X approach. Not to compare civil rights to defending the faith as I don't think Christians suffer too much oppression in the U.S. but rather to say a group generally has two ways of reacting if it feels attacked. One would be passive resistance and love. Another would be a more aggressor and fighting back approach. I know what Jesus would teach but I also know my own nature is normally to fight back. So I won't be hypocritical about that.
However I seen some of your posts in here today and just looked at WIANLAC. If you are going to defend God and act is His name in defense of His Word, please consider the manner in which you do it. At a certain point, being right in principle stops mattering if the approach itself does more damage. For who can hurt the faith more? From outsiders from whom certain things might be expected and does nothing to shake our faith or from someone within the faith representing it in a way that would give argument to the claim we don't come close to practicing what we preach and use our faith as an excuse to justify personal attacks?
When people post on their own behalf in here, for the most part that is their business. How they want to be perceived is their business. And words on a page aren't going to do too much so it normally isn't a big deal. But when we post on behalf of Christ, it changes how we have to approach it. IMO anyway.
Just some food for thought
Exactly-((((((Skom))))))))

People who can't keep their own 'hate' and vulgarities out - should quit saying they are posting on behalf of The Lord for His purpose.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#607217 Nov 14, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
I understand your view point and in some cases agree 100%.
However. Anyone who tells me that because they don;t consider me a "true believer" gives them the right to say that I should masturbate in front of Jesus or that they want to masturbate in front of my mother. Such trolls IMHO know nothing of Jesus and can't possibly believe in Him.
I know far too many "Christians" that IMHO do not believe in Jesus while I also know many "non-Christians" who follow the teachings of Jesus as if they were etched on their hearts. Which should I follow ?
<quoted text>
I agree~ What that type of "Christian" doesn't realise is that they have let the enemy with in- and that they are working against Gods plan.

'Christian' is indeed a man made term which people grab onto more than the actual BELIEF and adherence to following Christ. Then they use the term Christian to beat up people. LOL- in fact nons use the word as a wamp stick too.

Both sides have people who will abuse others verbally and generate distaste. BUT those who claim to be "Christians" are supposed to be the ones that know better.

My goal here on earth.... is to someday get to heaven and be told "thank you for not pushing peope further away from me"-- even if my non Christian loved ones and friends are not there.... I pray that it wont be my fault.... OTHERWISE- even if they let me in- I don't belong there.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#607218 Nov 14, 2013
Have fun (((((((GUYS))))))))))

Have a great rest of your day~

(c:

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#607219 Nov 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the best meltdown since Adam. Ima need more popcorn.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Extra butter, please.
I hadda do a lot of scrolling....
.. who has the salt ??..

.. it better not be microwave popcorn ..

Location hidden

#607220 Nov 14, 2013
BLUEEYED CHILD OF FORTUNE wrote:
<quoted text>
Scroll down please.
I have been scrolling for several days. As have other regulars.

I have been around Topix long enough to know people people who post as you often will see themselves as staunch believers stepping up to the plate and anybody that tries to get them to consider a better approach is somehow weak in their faith.

But what you do is very easy. Anybody can give into the flesh. And many of us have stumbled in that same struggle on a personal level. But if someone loves Christ it would seem to me they would want to honor Him in the way they defend and represent Him. I fail to see how calling others "cXXX-suckers" and "cXXts" in defense of His Word is doing that.

Maybe you will reconsider. More likely though I would imagine your response will be either to ignore me or to consider me now an enemy for trying to encourage you to strive for something better when representing our Savior.

It is my love of Christ and His Word that I felt I had a duty to at least try. Perhaps the effort will bear fruit. Perhaps not. I will let you get back to it.

(T) Peace

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#607221 Nov 14, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
The hate that you profess is not of God or to Gods glory. It is generated from your heart- which denies God full access.
Please talk to God and ask Him to help you to repent and repair (((((Viking))))))) Cast your burdens to Him- He can set you free from the unrest and heal your walk. Your walk TO Him. Submit to know that I speak the truth to you.
I never say this lightly:

Amen!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#607222 Nov 14, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Now this is hilarious coming from the guy who thinks it's okay to tell people that he wants to defecate on their grave. That behavior is okay according to Lamb Chops.
Can you say "hypocrite" Lamb Chops?
You equate my disrespect for you with Viking talking about masturbating in front of Jesus and my mother ?

You have proved you are no believer in Jesus. You think you are better than Him!

Enjoy your Satan worship John. I promise, in Jesus' name, you already have your full reward.

Location hidden

#607225 Nov 14, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
People who can't keep their own 'hate' and vulgarities out - should quit saying they are posting on behalf of The Lord for His purpose.
Hey Deb:)

Lord knows my actions are not always consistent with his teachings. And for the most part I have been content to allow personal exchanges, within reason, to go where they may.

But if I can't even do it when specifically putting myself in the role of representing and defending him? That is quite another story. I don't expect anybody to do even that perfectly. I know I don't. But there has to be some line or otherwise we are just fooling ourselves IMO. I see no way that certain things done in His name can be considered the narrow path.

Some will undoubted see this as a defense of a critic of the faith. That would be wrong. The particular person on the other end plays no role for me. People can say what they want to others for the most part when talking for themselves. But not when doing so for the Lord. Again, JMO.

(T) Peace

“Love much, trust none”

There

#607227 Nov 14, 2013
<quoted text>
More hilarious SPAM.
So easily you attack those who believe in Jesus.

I wish I could pity you. You sold your birthright for a mess of pottage.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#607229 Nov 14, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#607230 Nov 14, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree~ What that type of "Christian" doesn't realise is that they have let the enemy with in- and that they are working against Gods plan.
'Christian' is indeed a man made term which people grab onto more than the actual BELIEF and adherence to following Christ. Then they use the term Christian to beat up people. LOL- in fact nons use the word as a wamp stick too.
Both sides have people who will abuse others verbally and generate distaste. BUT those who claim to be "Christians" are supposed to be the ones that know better.
My goal here on earth.... is to someday get to heaven and be told "thank you for not pushing peope further away from me"-- even if my non Christian loved ones and friends are not there.... I pray that it wont be my fault.... OTHERWISE- even if they let me in- I don't belong there.
I hope you realize why I do not call myself a Christian. It isn't because I do not love God or Jesus. It is because the word has no spiritual meaning to me and he term has been sullied by far too many people that IMHO know nothing of God nor Jesus.

Location hidden

#607232 Nov 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah okay........let me ask you something? How do you type with a straight jacket on???? How do you do that?
Like I said:

"Maybe you will reconsider. More likely though I would imagine your response will be either to ignore me or to consider me now an enemy for trying to encourage you to strive for something better when representing our Savior."

Very easy to predict

And I have seen plenty of people pretend to be on sides simply to justify the trolling. It is not uncommon to see them in another room playing the role of the unbeliever.

Whether that is what you are doing or you are so very young in your faith doesn't make much difference to me. It won't have one iota of impact on my life. But I pray for the sake of yours and your soul, if that does indeed matter to you, that you learn someday the difference between representing the Lord and making a mockery out of your personal witness.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#607235 Nov 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Deb:)
Lord knows my actions are not always consistent with his teachings. And for the most part I have been content to allow personal exchanges, within reason, to go where they may.
But if I can't even do it when specifically putting myself in the role of representing and defending him? That is quite another story. I don't expect anybody to do even that perfectly. I know I don't. But there has to be some line or otherwise we are just fooling ourselves IMO. I see no way that certain things done in His name can be considered the narrow path.
Some will undoubted see this as a defense of a critic of the faith. That would be wrong. The particular person on the other end plays no role for me. People can say what they want to others for the most part when talking for themselves. But not when doing so for the Lord. Again, JMO.
(T) Peace
My point exactly!

I know you and I a few others have differences but I also know we have the same trust in God and Jesus in our hearts. That makes all the difference to me.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#607236 Nov 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Shut up you hypocrite, you make me sick. And more importantly you make God sick......just shut your mouth.
Do you really think any of us think you speak for God ?

You aren't even worthy of being the dust on Jesus' sandals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Hidingfromyou 795,703
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min USA Born 568,300
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 19 min John 57
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min WasteWater 267,479
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 22 min waaasssuuup 442,018
Scientific proof for God's existence 25 min HipGnosis 592
Will God show sympathy towards homosexuals on J... 36 min Kid_Tomorrow 6
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr Esther12 120,742
More from around the web