#606940 Nov 13, 2013
**bless/blessed

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#606941 Nov 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it was both as the counsel did not agree so Constantine directed Eusebius to write it. That Bible was lost over time.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
At least we have fragments of what maybe the first "Roman Canon" AKA Bible (and possibly one of the 50 Bibles ordered by Constantine) in the Codex Sinaticus and Codex Vaticanus which are the oldest surviving Bible texts (Circa 350 AD).

Note to that many books contained within and without the Bible have survived and they are much older than above mentioned Bibles.

Note, too, that all the texts not include in the Bible were not omitted because they were frauds. Most were omitted because of replication, not relevant to current doctrines or just boring as all get out. The latter being the case with Thomas.
Then too there were tests that were omitted because no copies were available in Rome.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606942 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The yamaka & the 'fro.
What the heck is a yamaka ? A Japanese motorcycle ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606943 Nov 13, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one!
As if you'd believe anything Chick says. Their website's likely to be as much of a joke as the old tracts were.
Chick Sermons were/are no joke. Millions take them very seriously.
It is a window into the darkness that pervades much of American Christianity.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#606944 Nov 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuyamaca?
Gesundheit.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#606945 Nov 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish headgear, aka, Kippah.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#606946 Nov 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm nearly sure he meant "yarmulke".

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606947 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish headgear, aka, Kippah.
Tssk, Tssk.

A self proclaimed master of all languages doesn't know how to properly spell the tradition Jewish skullcap.

"What a maroon!" - Bugs Bunny

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606948 Nov 13, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'm nearly sure he meant "yarmulke".
Impossible! He claimed to be an expert in Hebrew, Aramaic, Koine Greek, Latin, English, Sumerian, Akkadian and several other languages.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606949 Nov 13, 2013
Codex Sinaiticus:

" As it survives today, Codex Sinaiticus comprises just over 400 large leaves of prepared animal skin, each of which measures 380mm high by 345mm wide. On these parchment leaves is written around half of the Old Testament and Apocrypha (the Septuagint), the whole of the New Testament, and two early Christian texts not found in modern Bibles. Most of the first part of the manuscript (containing most of the so-called historical books, from Genesis to 1 Chronicles) is now missing and presumed to be lost.

The Septuagint includes books which many Protestant Christian denominations place in the Apocrypha. Those present in the surviving part of the Septuagint in Codex Sinaiticus are 2 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, 1 & 4 Maccabees, Wisdom and Sirach.

The number of the books in the New Testament in Codex Sinaiticus is the same as that in modern Bibles in the West, but the order is different. The Letter to the Hebrews is placed after Paul's Second Letter to the Thessalonians, and the Acts of the Apostles between the Pastoral and Catholic Epistles.

The two other early Christian texts are an Epistle by an unknown writer claiming to be the Apostle Barnabas, and 'The Shepherd', written by the early second-century Roman writer, Hermas. "

Note this Bible is different from both the Catholic and Protestant Bibles.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606950 Nov 13, 2013

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#606951 Nov 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It is one of the side effects of the Interferon. Yes.
well i'm truly sorry to hear that, but please don't hate or be hypocritical of me just cuz i'm still going strong;)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606954 Nov 13, 2013
Codex Vaticanus:

"Codex Vaticanus is an important fourth century majuscule manuscript. It contains Matthew–2 Thessalonians, Hebrews 1.1–9.13, James–Jude. It lacks the Pastorals, Philemon, and Revelation. After Hebrews 9.13, the document is written in much later minuscule hand. 142 leaves on parchment, three columns, with 42 lines per column."

http://www.csntm.org/Manuscript/View/GA_03

Note that this "Bible" is much different from the Codex Sinaiticus and much different from any modern Bible.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#606955 Nov 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
He is one of those morons that thinks what he posts on one thread won't be read by people on another thread.
BTW, he is going to call you a liar because he posted a question not a statement.
A real fuckweasel ain't he ?
No, his response was the pedantic, "I said do they MAKE black Jews," that's not the same thing.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#606956 Nov 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Impossible! He claimed to be an expert in Hebrew, Aramaic, Koine Greek, Latin, English, Sumerian, Akkadian and several other languages.
He did?

I know he doesn't speak basic arithmetic.

He admitted as much, and in so many words, elsewhere.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#606957 Nov 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out the most important language for RR: Redneckian.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606959 Nov 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, his response was the pedantic, "I said do they MAKE black Jews," that's not the same thing.
He proves himself a liar and idiot with almost every post he makes.

I would be bashing him ten times as much if I was a Christian. As it is, I don't care if he and others make their religion look bad. Not my problem.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606962 Nov 13, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>He did?
I know he doesn't speak basic arithmetic.
He admitted as much, and in so many words, elsewhere.
RR knows everything and He is never wrong.

Hail RR Almighty! Praise the Redneck Christ!

By His Babble you are saved!

ROFLMAO

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606963 Nov 13, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
first translated Bibble was Vulgate From RCC in latin....
ROFLMAO

So close yet you bungled it as usual.
IsraelMideastNew s

Marietta, GA

#606965 Nov 13, 2013

ISRAEL ready to BUILD 3rd TEMPLE (News)---

http://youtu.be/xvextfQLwNg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Aura Mytha 227,407
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Charlie Sheen 259,217
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 5 min Johnny 3,056
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min An NFL Fan 118,219
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min New Age Spiritual... 542,119
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min nanoanomaly 738,736
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 43 min Lost In Transition 173,641
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr Chlo-chan 149
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••