“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#606920 Nov 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Too late, yes?
Only thought people who care about what I have to say read my posts ~ so, yes, in your case, RT, too late!!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#606921 Nov 12, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
HFN....Truths....Serah...
Good to see you....>>>H_U_G_S< <<
>>>H_U_G_S<< < heading back your way, my Sweet Quin Sister :)
Lost In Transition

Lake Wales, FL

#606922 Nov 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have chickens.
And I fix stuff.
More reason for your bigotry to show...
You prolly couldn't even fix yourself a sammich.
I raise cornish hens. Give them all names.
Then I eat them.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#606923 Nov 12, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I eat them.
You know you can buy 'em at Kroger.

Much less traumatic.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#606924 Nov 12, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I eat them.
What'cha name them? snack, lunch, dinner, yummy etc?
Here snack here snack....lol

“R.I.P ACCF”

Since: Jul 12

None of your buisness...

#606925 Nov 13, 2013
no idea :/

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#606926 Nov 13, 2013
Whoa....It's been 6 hours since someone posted....

Mornin....An Artic Cold Front blew through here last night....Even snowed a little (didn't stick though)

“Knowing your own darkness
is the best method for dealing
with the darknesses of other people.”

~ Carl Jung

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#606927 Nov 13, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, I am reminded again today of how cunning the enemy is. He knows just where I am weak and what may cause me to stumble and fall. I pray that you will help me to stand strong against him. I pray and ask that you will forgive me of my failures and ask that you help me to stand strong against Satan and his evil ploys. I pray that I will think before I speak or act. I pray that I will always have the mind of Christ and look to you in times of frustration and darkness as well as times of peace and light. Thank you for all of your provisions and promises. I am weak, but you are strong. My trust is in you. In Jesus' name I come to you, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#606928 Nov 13, 2013
Encouraging Words....

Dear children, let's not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.

1 John 3:18

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#606929 Nov 13, 2013
C

ya

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#606930 Nov 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Here you go, RR, I'll make it easy for you.
Prove There's a God, post 672943, page 31941, an hour ago or so:
You posted:
They make black Jews?!
O_o
He is one of those morons that thinks what he posts on one thread won't be read by people on another thread.

BTW, he is going to call you a liar because he posted a question not a statement.

A real fuckweasel ain't he ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606931 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. I didn't know that you're an ancient Celt.
The ancient Celts had Interferon, Rivavirin, Victrelis and Procrit, too?
You get more pathetic every day.

You out to get together with Coffey, you can have a circlejerk for Satan.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606932 Nov 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a failed attempt at humor....
That seems to be the story of your life.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606933 Nov 13, 2013
AS I have said, I have no problem with your beliefs as long as they don't contradict reality. <smile>

IMHO the people who wrote most of the early Christian Scriptures were just as inspired as any others and do not accept the "sorting" done 300 years after Jesus died nor that only one church's canon was more inspired than any others.

For myself, I feel I am capable of reading ALL the scriptures, discerning fact from parable and forming my own inspired conclusions. I grant you the same right.

Maybe that is why we get along. <smile>
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I was the one that posted a few weeks ago about some of the existing writings and the first three Bible, starting from Constantine. And that that particular version was lost over time and was never officially approved. And that after is when hundreds of scholars over a long period of time put together the King James Bible
Even before then there were many scriptures written down from individual prophets or people making that claim. And that any scripture to be considered and approved had to go through a process where some was and some was not.
So I think I have been pretty open as far as to what I have learned anyway as far as what went into putting together the Bible. And I also am comfortable with what was put together. The scriptures spread out over centuries and many authors harmonize, at least to my level of understanding. And to me, if I believe that God spoke through the prophets and inspired scripture then it is not problematic to me how the Bible was put together as I believe God would work through the hearts of those who collaborated on it and decided what to include.
Is there any way to rule out every 'what if' as far as what was included or what was lost? Probably not. But I believe God included man in this process for a reason. And because of that the individual authors were allowed some autonomy to write in the manner that they were inspired. I believe God wanted the message to come how it did, throughout many years and many believers giving pieces and perspectives of each writer. A sort of spiritual checks and balances if you will, resulting in the formal dictation and documentation of our faith
If the Hebrews could know the Bible without ever having read it because its ways were imprinted in their hearts, then it stands to reason to me that it is the same hearts of men God would inspire to put pen to paper. Only God can see the hearts of man and only God would know who to choose to spread his word and who to task with their duty of putting the Bible together
(T) Peace

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Camp Cove

#606934 Nov 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
According to this protesant website, the Catholic Bible sia pack Satanic lies and only the King James Bible (created in 1611 AD)is The Perfect Word of God.
"The Roman Catholic church has had only one aim from its earliest, pagan and political origins: To destroy the true Christians, and to destroy their Bible. That is why they substituted the corrupt Alexandrian perversions of scripture, instead of using the preserved, prophetic and apostolic Words of God as found in Antioch of Syria, where "the disciples were first called Christians" (Acts 11:26). That is why they also added the Alexandrian writings we now call "Apocrypha" to their perverted bibles. That is why they used their Jesuits to infiltrate the Protestant Seminaries, Colleges and Bible Schools. Their Jesuits became the "teachers" and planted seeds of doubt in the Christians' minds. These doubt-ridden Christians then taught at other colleges and schools. All the while they planted that same seed of doubt of God's word in their students.
The stage was set: Once people no longer believed in God's Preserved Words, which we find perfectly presented in the King James Bible, they were ripe for destruction. Now, 120 years after the switch from God's Word to devil's lies (the King James abandoned for the Alexandrian texts), while pretending to "improve" our copies of God's words, they really set up the abandonment of God's words. Now almost every Bible in the English-speaking world (and most other languages) is just another re-translation of the Alexandrian polluted stream."
http://www.chick.com/ask/articles/rcc+bible00...
So there you have it!
The "Real Bible" didn't exist until 1500 years after Jesus died!
Good one!

As if you'd believe anything Chick says. Their website's likely to be as much of a joke as the old tracts were.

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Camp Cove

#606935 Nov 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do me a favor.
Don't go trying to teach anybody anything.
Try learning instead.
And to help you get started, yes, there are black Jews.
Lenny Kravitz, for one.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606936 Nov 13, 2013
One of thed reasons I was hired by both the H.S. And College is that I have academic and trde experience and training. I am able to see both sides as equally valid careers.

Many times academics and tradesmen demean each other. I think is it more cultural biases than reality.

Been both, both require much training and hard work to excel at.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It's cool by me. I just remember you listing mechanics on the opposite end of the spectrum from a scientist when making the point that one is clearly smarter than the other based on vocation.
And indicating it would be foolish for someone to base their life on a book authored by a bunch of goat-herders.
So I thought given your history of hypocrisy and calling someone a "faux Christian liar" while trying to make a question about black Jews you didn't seem to understand one about prejudice that it was probably better for you that you didn't include some of your other prejudices as well.
Although that does raise an interesting question. Do you think someone would be attacked if they said something to residents of a black Jewish hood that they didn't like? Or do you think it is limited to just blacks?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606937 Nov 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
"Is there any way to rule out every 'what if' as far as what was included or what was lost?"
Wasn't lost ...just not included.
Some was too unbelievable or too radical to include.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_canon
Just know Constantine or rather the council decided what would be included.
Note also that the Ethiopian, Asian and Arabic Christians were outside of the Empire's power to convert so you have many Christian sects unaffected by "The Bible", most notably the Arabic form of Christianity which went through a similar "Create a Sacred Book" as Roman Christianity a couple hundred years after the Romans made their Bible.

You know it as Islam and the Qur'an.

Less known is the Christians in Ethiopia who are more Jewish than Roman in their beliefs and doctrines.
They also claim to have the original Ark of The Covenant.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#606938 Nov 13, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Whoa....It's been 6 hours since someone posted....
Mornin....An Artic Cold Front blew through here last night....Even snowed a little (didn't stick though)
“Knowing your own darkness
is the best method for dealing
with the darknesses of other people.”
~ Carl Jung
Thought for the day
"To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bruce Jenner needs to go to the 'THRONE OF GRAC... 5 min Doctor REALITY 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min HipGnosis 176,509
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 12 min Theswamiji 6,290
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Aura Mytha 828,245
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min kent 583,992
"Places in Time": one of Narada Music's greates... 21 min Doctor REALITY 4
the REAL REASON Bruce Jenner thinks he's a 'woman' 25 min Doctor REALITY 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 56 min gundee123 442,817
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr MrsGladToBeMe 3,347
More from around the web