I had to Google Howard Cosell.

This is what I found on Youtube.

Perhaps you should reconsider.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#606735 Nov 11, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI - the claim that Jesus is "God" can be a good comparison to show that what is written is not always true, or vice versa.
Nowhere in any scripture is "Jesus is God" written, yet you believe it to be so.
Your logic is failing.
Hey NASL

I have for the most part decided not to debate doctrine on Topix. Simply a personal choice. However, I will at times provide some verses for someone to consider on their own. whatever the conclude is between them and God. I did want to do that here:

1Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

John 20:28
"Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

Colossians 2:9
“For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a Child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder: and his name will be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Titus 2:10
and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

1 Timothy 4:10
That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

(T) Peace

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#606736 Nov 11, 2013
<quoted text>
FYI - the claim that Jesus is "God" can be a good comparison to show that what is written is not always true, or vice versa.
Nowhere in any scripture is "Jesus is God" written, yet you believe it to be so.
Your logic is failing.
Nowhere?

Not even John 10:30?

"I and the Father are one."

http://mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Too bad so sad.

Location hidden

#606737 Nov 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FB6suuAXUPYXX
That is the second time you linked a song with the word paranoid in it to a post with Catcher calling me paranoid.

Don't get me wrong, it is very clever. Kudos to the imaginative intellect it must take to do that.

Although I would add it helps you that Aura posts in here

:)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606738 Nov 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PVScwog05XwXX
Crazy, huh?

I mean, that was no little monkey....

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#606739 Nov 11, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad your word is worthless. You calling someone out. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
.. did you write this song ??..

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606740 Nov 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have said it before.
I am the modern day Howard Cosell.
I call it as I see it.
"Arrogant, pompous, obnoxious, vain, cruel, verbose, a showoff. There's no question that I'm all of those things."

-Howard Cosell

With Established Harem

#606741 Nov 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the second time you linked a song with the word paranoid in it to a post with Catcher calling me paranoid.
Don't get me wrong, it is very clever. Kudos to the imaginative intellect it must take to do that.
Although I would add it helps you that Aura posts in here
.. nah, it's the first time ..

.. you're reading into my post. Again ..

.. why in the world did you think it was about you ??..

.. did you know that sometimes Catch is paranoid ??..

.. yep! If I don't e-mail him every day, he thinks I'm out shopping for more scarves or a BMW with his American Express card ..

.. now, that's paranoia ..

.. I would never infer that you're paranoid. But, if you think you are, perhaps some therapy might help ??..

xxoo

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#606742 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It only spelled out which books would be contained in the Bible...
That's all.
Meaningless? I think nay.
So you are arguing that The Bible didn't exist prior to that ?

OK.

Would that be the Roman Catholic Bible, The Eastern Orthodox Canon or Marcion's Canon ?

Read this and the learn some of the history of your Bible:

http://www.ntcanon.org/Marcion.shtml

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#606743 Nov 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...firing back on Topix is very difference than firing back in real life
I am not surprised to see people gang up. I was however disappointed that on the flip side nobody stepped forward and said "enough...this has gone way past any reasonable response". And are some of those people in here touting their ethics?
Although I do not know who all was aware of what. So I am not making any sweeping accusations. But I am sure those involved that either went way over the line or knew about know what their roles were.
But I agree with you in general theory and how you characterized both
(T) Peace
Just because a majority of people found her rhetoric offensive does not mean that people were ganging up. Firing back on Topix is exactly the same as firing back in "real" life.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

United States

#606744 Nov 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PVScwog05XwXX
Point taken.

I won't do that again.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#606745 Nov 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> Hey NASL
I have for the most part decided not to debate doctrine on Topix. Simply a personal choice. However, I will at times provide some verses for someone to consider on their own. whatever the conclude is between them and God. I did want to do that here:
1Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
John 20:28
"Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
Colossians 2:9
“For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”
Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a Child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder: and his name will be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Titus 2:10
and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.
John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1 Timothy 4:10
That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.
(T) Peace
And why should I consider them Skom?

What impact do these have for proof that "God" had men write these?

What evidence can you also supply, that supports what you have posted, in that these men knew what they were saying, expressing what should be believed, or whatever - is accurate and true?

Ya see Skom, that is the rub and ruse.

Any man can claim that what is written is accurately depicted, but in truth, they don't know the characterization the person writing the passage actually meant.

In addition to that strong point, we modern men, haven't any original copies of the original texts, thus we cannot be assured that what is written had not been changed.

I understand the point(s) you are attempting to convey, but is still flawed based upon my responses above. Which ultimately, when one is honest with their-self, will find that what you have posted is:

a. second-hand sources
b. possibly copies of copies of copies of copies
c. written by unknown authors and not necessarily the "attributed to" person on the book

Just these three things (off the top of my head) disprove any and all of what you are trying to imply.

It is sort of odd, that you will use something supposedly spoken by Thomas, yet many so-called "Christians" refute his gospel that states teachings by Jesus.

Odd.

Just because it is written one way, does not necessarily mean there are no other meanings to the words.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

United States

#606746 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Arrogant, pompous, obnoxious, vain, cruel, verbose, a showoff. There's no question that I'm all of those things."
-Howard Cosell
See my post to River.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#606747 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowhere?
Not even John 10:30?
"I and the Father are one."
http://mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Too bad so sad.
That doesn't say Jesus is "God".

That is like saying, "I and the Father are one."

Jesus is trying to convey that his Spirit is of the Father.

The distinction is his use of "Father" - specific enouogh to show he is not "God".

Digging a little deeper into the words, will give you a new reason to shed your so-called "Christian" cloth.

Location hidden

#606748 Nov 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because a majority of people found her rhetoric offensive does not mean that people were ganging up. Firing back on Topix is exactly the same as firing back in "real" life.
I am talking about people who allegedly admitted to calling her job in real life in an attempt to get her fired and allegedly admitted to calling protective services to try to get her removed as caretaker for her elderly mother

Neither attempt was successful. In fact, it resulted in the local police investigating one of the people involved. And supposedly either warning them and/or issuing an OOP (order of protection)for them to keep their distance

I do know that I personally read a post from someone in this room that acknowledged involvement but claimed he believed the 2 officers that contacted who were tricked into believing her side of it so he doesn't blame them and that was supposedly the reason he wasn't going to take action against the police department

All I know is whatever was attempted to be done because someone didn't like her rhetoric crossed over every possible ethical and moral line IMO and anything that could be considered a reasonable or proportional response. The extent of YD's actions that were used to justify this was her history of posting what some viewed as extreme religious beliefs and regularly telling others she believed they were going to hell.

If that is a justification for allegedly trying to get her fired and separated from being the sole caregiver to an elderly parent in real life, well...I will just say the irony of who really needs the mental help is rather staggering

Although if you were not even ware of this, then naturally you could not have done anything to prevent it or try to discourage it. I wonder if everyone can say that though? In any event, a pretty disturbing view into how anyone regardless of belief, can justify some pretty crazy things.

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#606749 Nov 11, 2013
<quoted text>

It is sort of odd, that you will use something supposedly spoken by Thomas, yet many so-called "Christians" refute his gospel that states teachings by Jesus.
Odd.
Just because it is written one way, does not necessarily mean there are no other meanings to the words.
Well, there is a difference between the gospel of Thomas that was not authenticated and claiming Thomas did not exist or did not interact with Christ. If one believes the book of John then I would assume they would believe that particular account is accurate.

In any event, just one of a selection of verses I have used in my own studies

However you interpret the verses is, as I said, between you and God. I posted them because I believe them to be relevant to the discussion. How relevant you may find them or for what reasons is for you to decide

(T) Peace

With Established Harem

#606750 Nov 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I am talking about people who allegedly admitted to calling her job in real life in an attempt to get her fired and allegedly admitted to calling protective services to try to get her removed as caretaker for her elderly mother
Neither attempt was successful. In fact, it resulted in the local police investigating one of the people involved. And supposedly either warning them and/or issuing an OOP (order of protection)for them to keep their distance
I do know that I personally read a post from someone in this room that acknowledged involvement but claimed he believed the 2 officers that contacted who were tricked into believing her side of it so he doesn't blame them and that was supposedly the reason he wasn't going to take action against the police department
All I know is whatever was attempted to be done because someone didn't like her rhetoric crossed over every possible ethical and moral line IMO and anything that could be considered a reasonable or proportional response. The extent of YD's actions that were used to justify this was her history of posting what some viewed as extreme religious beliefs and regularly telling others she believed they were going to hell.
If that is a justification for allegedly trying to get her fired and separated from being the sole caregiver to an elderly parent in real life, well...I will just say the irony of who really needs the mental help is rather staggering
Although if you were not even ware of this, then naturally you could not have done anything to prevent it or try to discourage it. I wonder if everyone can say that though? In any event, a pretty disturbing view into how anyone regardless of belief, can justify some pretty crazy things.
(T) Peace
.. you forgot the end of the story ..

.. YD had a meeting with the D.A. in her county. Because she posted the REAL NAMES of relatives along with idle gossip and false allegations, her hand was slapped ..

.. did you know she's now a man ??..

xxoo

Location hidden

#606751 Nov 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. nah, it's the first time ..
.. you're reading into my post. Again ..
.. why in the world did you think it was about you ??..
.. did you know that sometimes Catch is paranoid ??..
.. yep! If I don't e-mail him every day, he thinks I'm out shopping for more scarves or a BMW with his American Express card ..
.. now, that's paranoia ..
.. I would never infer that you're paranoid. But, if you think you are, perhaps some therapy might help ??..
xxoo
LOL

More of that fascinating intellect

Your credibility is on full display as well

P.S.

Out of curiosity, I am supposed to take this in the spirit of attempted sarcasm/humor? You definitely aren't trying to pretend what you are saying is actually true right? I mean I have seen you dig your heels in on lies whether it be the "contest" or you claiming (as your 10th excuse for why you wouldn't give me a page number) that you got a quote from a book that you copied by hand and unfortunately returned to the library directly after coincidentally posting it. And that it really wasn't a case of you using the widely misquoted version that was all over the Internet. But this post, even for you, would be out there if you are trying to pass it off as truthful

“"None shall pass"”

There

#606752 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody's misquoted a mythological story, not here and not recently, anyway....
To what mythological story are you referring?
<quoted text>
O_o
The Bible is a book, not a story.
Try again?
And you are still a deceitful moron.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#606753 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What we were talking about was whether or not the Bible said "child", as Ben alleged.
It does not. It says "son".
If you can't understand a very simple translation, that's your problem, not mine.
You are just playing word games because you don;t have the intelligence or knowledge to do more than babble meaningless garbage.

Thanks for showing us all what Christianity is about!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Mr Wiggley 30,842
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Seentheotherside 687,212
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min God Science 987,301
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 4,313
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 2 hr Sandy 40
News Mitt Romney surges, leads Obama in polls (Oct '12) 3 hr Oneryders Daughter 13
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Say the Truth 286,541
More from around the web