Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#606609 Nov 11, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew them first from my heart and life experience- secondly I read them in print friend....
You have books printed by God ?

What language did God print it in ?
Did you God have a book signing ?
Did you get a signed copy ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606610 Nov 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Thank GOD some opinions are worthless LOL.....
Most Christian ones are.

GFY

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#606611 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If my misogyny bothers you, ignore me and don't post to me. If you can accept that I am a bit misogynistic and not judge me for it, then we can be "friends".
Make me a sammich.
BTW I have never called you that...nor even implied that I thought that.

I don't mind making anyone a "sammich"...as long as you will carry out the trash while I am doing it. Oh...and while you are out there...pick up the dog poop.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#606612 Nov 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't like GTA IV. 5 is, how should I say this....., fuckinawesome !!!
Have you played the latest Assassin's Creed? Black Flag?( I said flag, right?) It is, how should I say this...oh, it's pretty fuckinawesome !!!
I haven't played Black Flag yet, I was actually a little disappointed with Assassins Creed 4. I couldn't wrap my head around little Connor being a badass like Altair....

Speaking of Black F(l)ag, have you seen the Jamie Kennedy skit, Captain Black Hawk?

(Say it fast) Captain Black Hawk

It's funny as hell, he's got a giant gay "sword"....

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606613 Nov 11, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
.... As opposed to the usual non-stop Christian/Christianity bashing that Lamb Chops was doing last night...
I think you have a man-crush on me.

All you do is think about me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606614 Nov 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Parable: A fictional story meant to convey an analogous message.
Example: The Parable of the Hair and the the Tortoise.
Note that according to Matthew, Jesus spoke in parables to the masses because he considered them ignorant and unable to understand the "secret teachings" that were divulged only to the closest disciples.
"And the disciples came and said to Him,“Why do You speak to them in parables?”
"He answered and said to them,“Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:
‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them.’
But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it." - Matthew 13:10-16
Which to me explains the "Many are called but few are chosen" verse
BenAdam wrote:
Parable: A fictional story meant to convey an analogous message.
Example: The Parable of the Hair and the the Tortoise.
LMAO!

The Hair??

Ok, perfesir.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606615 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
LMAO!
The Hair??
Ok, perfesir.
At least I know the difference between "disown" and "kill".

I'll take my typos over your lies and insanity any day.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606616 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You misrepresent the Bible again. Deuteronomy 2 does not ever say "kill your disobedient child".
Get the Scripture right first, then I can remind you the difference between disown and kill.
Go.
<quoted text>
Lol
You copy and paste the scripture, which clearly does not say "kill your disobedient child", and yet you still call me a liar?!
So "stone the child to death" isn't the same as "kill the child" ?

You are still proving that you are a liar.
Thanks.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606617 Nov 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
All you have is a biased book created 350 years after Jesus died
lol

Sure, perfesir.... Sure...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606618 Nov 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
and one does.
This may be the strangest place I've ever been and I'm good with that.
Have you seen my new tat?
Duh, it's on my ass cheek, never mind. If you have, Mia would, no doubt, be pissed.
I've seen your new ass tat.

It says: "RR wuz here"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606619 Nov 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO...the best way to honor them is to uphold the freedoms that we are guaranteed in this country...guaranteed by our 1st Amendment...
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
For this thread...these parts are applicable...
...no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...
...abridging the freedom of speech...
IMO...that freedom of speech is often abused...used in ways that I don't believe that our forefathers intended...
I wonder...did our veterans fight...lose their lives...so that we might have the right to rip people people apart with our words...
Nice.

Shall we exercise our freedom of speech?

>:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606620 Nov 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW I have never called you that...nor even implied that I thought that.
I don't mind making anyone a "sammich"...as long as you will carry out the trash while I am doing it. Oh...and while you are out there...pick up the dog poop.
Of course I will, that's the man's job....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606621 Nov 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I know the difference between "disown" and "kill".
I'll take my typos over your lies and insanity any day.
That wasn't a typo, moron. You don't know the difference between hair and hare, obviously.

Way to go, perfesir.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606622 Nov 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So "stone the child to death" isn't the same as "kill the child" ?
You are still proving that you are a liar.
Thanks.
It does not say "child", perfesir.

You can't even read properly, why should anyone listen to you and your nonsense?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606623 Nov 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Christian ones are.
GFY
Get your fat, pasty, lazy ass out of bed.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#606624 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I will, that's the man's job....
I like bubble baths and pink and crystal chandeliers...yet I am not so "princess" that I can't carry out the trash...pick up dog poop...and pump my own gas.

I am not fond of rotor tillers but I know how to use one...I would much rather use my food processor.

I am of the philosophy that if you want something done...you should at least know how to do it...my dad taught me that...all the while my mother dressing me in ruffles and can-can slips...I hated those things. They kept getting hung up in the briars.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#606625 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not say "child", perfesir.
You can't even read properly, why should anyone listen to you and your nonsense?
It is only the son that it speaks of.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606626 Nov 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
I like bubble baths and pink and crystal chandeliers...yet I am not so "princess" that I can't carry out the trash...pick up dog poop...and pump my own gas.
I am not fond of rotor tillers but I know how to use one...I would much rather use my food processor.
I am of the philosophy that if you want something done...you should at least know how to do it...my dad taught me that...all the while my mother dressing me in ruffles and can-can slips...I hated those things. They kept getting hung up in the briars.
Understood. Your old man taught you well.

Make me a sammich, I'll take out the trash and pick up the dog poop while I'm at it.

"you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours", et al.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606627 Nov 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is only the son that it speaks of.
Correct.

It also speaks of the son being a drunkard. Obviously it's not referring to a young child, but a live-in-the-basement 20-something year old that refuses to grow up and move the hell out of mom's house.

Killing him seems a but harsh, but back then they had very little rules and had a hard time enforcing those rules. I think it was more of a scare tactic than anything, no reports were ever recorded that a drunkard son was actually executed for being a POS loser.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606628 Nov 11, 2013
"The last book to be accepted universally was the Book of Revelation, though with time all the Eastern Church also agreed. Thus, in the fifth century, all of Christendom had come into complete accord on the matter of the New Testament canon."

The Cambridge History of the Bible (volume 1) eds. P. R. Ackroyd and C. F. Evans (Cambridge University Press, 1970) p. 305; cf. the Catholic Encyclopedia, Canon of the New Testament

The Bible was finally complied over 400 years after Jesus died.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Karma is a_______ 842,047
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Liam 591,442
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 26 min Good-Evil 4,826
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 100,239
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jimmy Savile 271,488
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 5,937
'Caitlyn' Jenner fiasco is a REAL embarrassment... 1 hr andet1987 3
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 10 hr Neelakaran 1,477
More from around the web