Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#606717 Nov 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
For the most part, me too
Although whether some good people don't like me doesn't trouble me so much. Not everybody in life will see eye to eye
But when some real twisted people start finding things to like in us, that can be a little disconcerting
One would hope it is teaching them a better way
Regardless though, there are some people I would never want to count among my friends
Which is why I think there is a difference between loving our enemy and befriending them. I can pray for someone and their soul and that they find a better way. But to hang out with someone (using extremes here for emphasis) that would rape children or torture animals or whatever, no way. And I can definitely do without any admiration from such people. I hear what you are saying
(T) Peace
If you tie a pork chop around your neck ....lol

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#606718 Nov 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't defend.
Just to call you out.
Call me out on what exactly? Let's do the 'Topix math'

Someone makes a derogatory post to someone on a personal level. A daily occurrence on Topix

They also make a positive post to someone else about remembering our troops on Veterans day

Add the two together and that equals them dishonoring our fallen soldiers, our founding fathers, and our inalienable rights?

Tell me counselor, even setting aside the emotional response it is likely to stir up in those that hold such things in extremely high regard, what is the basis for making that accusation? That they made a negative post to someone? It's absurd. And adding to the equation they asked us to remember the troops makes it even more absurd.

And its not the taking sides that bothers me. And it isn't even just that someone would use just blatantly dishonest tactics. But its that while using them, they paint themselves as the good guy and then the victim if confronted. And people who also engage in such tactics actually try to pretend to defend it on principle? Nah, I don't think so.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#606719 Nov 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget to kiss it next time.
It's good luck, ya know?
Only if you wipe back to front.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606720 Nov 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes at least two of us.
Don't look at me in that tone of voice.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#606721 Nov 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yellowdog is a homophobic ass. I think you could have picked a better example. Why would anybody stand up for that?
Riverside Redneck then.........

Homophobic ass or not from what I saw she was ganged up on daily. It wasnt a good display of secular humanism........

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

United States

#606722 Nov 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Call me out on what exactly? Let's do the 'Topix math'
Someone makes a derogatory post to someone on a personal level. A daily occurrence on Topix
They also make a positive post to someone else about remembering our troops on Veterans day
Add the two together and that equals them dishonoring our fallen soldiers, our founding fathers, and our inalienable rights?
Tell me counselor, even setting aside the emotional response it is likely to stir up in those that hold such things in extremely high regard, what is the basis for making that accusation? That they made a negative post to someone? It's absurd. And adding to the equation they asked us to remember the troops makes it even more absurd.
And its not the taking sides that bothers me. And it isn't even just that someone would use just blatantly dishonest tactics. But its that while using them, they paint themselves as the good guy and then the victim if confronted. And people who also engage in such tactics actually try to pretend to defend it on principle? Nah, I don't think so.
You find "dishonest tactics" everywhere.

It's paranoia, pure and simple.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606723 Nov 11, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Homophobic ass or not from what I saw she was ganged up on daily. It wasnt a good display of secular humanism........
RR can handle himself.

Dunno about YD, I didn't post with her too much.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606724 Nov 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You find offensiveness everywhere.

It's not a virtue.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

United States

#606725 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You find offensiveness everywhere.
It's not a virtue.
I have said it before.

I am the modern day Howard Cosell.

I call it as I see it.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#606726 Nov 11, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
She brought it on herself. It had nothing to do with secular humanism. She is abrasive and abusive. When you come in with both guns drawn you shouldn't be surprised when somebody starts shooting back.

Riverside Redneck doesn't compare. He may be a misogynistic racist but he knows that and admits it. He's also funny, sometimes humble and compassionate and when confronted with undeniable facts, he concedes. He's willing to learn.

The difference is immense.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#606727 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What we were talking about was whether or not the Bible said "child", as Ben alleged.
It does not. It says "son".
If you can't understand a very simple translation, that's your problem, not mine.
I don't have any problems with anyone, including you.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#606728 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What we were talking about was whether or not the Bible said "child", as Ben alleged.
It does not. It says "son".
If you can't understand a very simple translation, that's your problem, not mine.
FYI - the claim that Jesus is "God" can be a good comparison to show that what is written is not always true, or vice versa.

Nowhere in any scripture is "Jesus is God" written, yet you believe it to be so.

Your logic is failing.

Location hidden

#606729 Nov 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, it's a mixture of honesty and common sense

The only card in your deck when engaging in these tactics to just call someone paranoid. You certainly can not defend the actions on merit.

Then again, right or wrong has never interested you. You are hypocritical and attempt to be opportunistic. The former exposes you as much as the latter.
Chris Clearwater

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#606730 Nov 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't defend.
Just to call you out.
Too bad your word is worthless. You calling someone out. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Location hidden

#606731 Nov 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
She brought it on herself. It had nothing to do with secular humanism. She is abrasive and abusive. When you come in with both guns drawn you shouldn't be surprised when somebody starts shooting back.
Riverside Redneck doesn't compare. He may be a misogynistic racist but he knows that and admits it. He's also funny, sometimes humble and compassionate and when confronted with undeniable facts, he concedes. He's willing to learn.
The difference is immense.
Well...firing back on Topix is very difference than firing back in real life

I am not surprised to see people gang up. I was however disappointed that on the flip side nobody stepped forward and said "enough...this has gone way past any reasonable response". And are some of those people in here touting their ethics?

Although I do not know who all was aware of what. So I am not making any sweeping accusations. But I am sure those involved that either went way over the line or knew about know what their roles were.

But I agree with you in general theory and how you characterized both

(T) Peace

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#606732 Nov 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#606733 Nov 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> If you tie a pork chop around your neck ....lol
That is a weird coincidence

I was just thinking "I wonder where the most useless poster on Topix is?"

And here you are!

I see you have contributed absolutely nothing but trolling as usual in the days you have been in here since it was last pointed out

Still not having much success on the dating front? Well, it's okay. I think I read a new Harry Potter movie is coming out

:)

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#606734 Nov 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have said it before.
I am the modern day Howard Cosell.
I call it as I see it.
I had to Google Howard Cosell.

This is what I found on Youtube.

Perhaps you should reconsider.

Location hidden

#606735 Nov 11, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI - the claim that Jesus is "God" can be a good comparison to show that what is written is not always true, or vice versa.
Nowhere in any scripture is "Jesus is God" written, yet you believe it to be so.
Your logic is failing.
Hey NASL

I have for the most part decided not to debate doctrine on Topix. Simply a personal choice. However, I will at times provide some verses for someone to consider on their own. whatever the conclude is between them and God. I did want to do that here:

1Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

John 20:28
"Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

Colossians 2:9
“For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a Child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder: and his name will be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Titus 2:10
and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

1 Timothy 4:10
That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

(T) Peace

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606736 Nov 11, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic is failing.
Nowhere?

Not even John 10:30?

"I and the Father are one."

http://mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Too bad so sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Chilli J 47,478
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Just Think 692,215
Boys spying on their sisters (Jun '11) 26 min John 7
Add me on Skype for fun summerun1 1 hr Summerun1 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr youareadufus 504
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr youareadufus 990,751
Here’s What Oil Drilling Looks Like in the Arct... 4 hr Guy from Latonia 1
More from around the web