“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#606496 Nov 10, 2013
Parable: A fictional story meant to convey an analogous message.

Example: The Parable of the Hair and the the Tortoise.

Note that according to Matthew, Jesus spoke in parables to the masses because he considered them ignorant and unable to understand the "secret teachings" that were divulged only to the closest disciples.

"And the disciples came and said to Him,“Why do You speak to them in parables?”

"He answered and said to them,“Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them.’

But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it." - Matthew 13:10-16

Which to me explains the "Many are called but few are chosen" verse

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#606497 Nov 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> There is no such book.
"The
Religious, Social, and Political
HISTORY OF THE MORMONS,
or
LATTER-DAY SAINTS,
FROM
THEIR ORIGIN TO THE PRESENT TIME;
COMNTAINS FULL STATEMENTS OF
THEIR DOCTRINES, GOVERNMENT AND CONDITION, AND MEMOIRS
OF THEIR FOUNDER, JOSEPH SMITH."

New York : Hurst & Co., PUBLISHERS,
122 NASSAU STREET.

Copyright 1881, by HURST & CO.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#606498 Nov 10, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
continued...
So annihilationism is by no means a weak position to assume from a biblical perspective. The problem is that an even larger number of verses can be cited to refute annihilationism and prove punishment awaits the wicked after death. Matt. 25:46, Rev. 20:10, Rev. 14:11, Mark 3:29, 9:43-48, and Luke 3:17 are prime examples. All that is accomplished by citing the verses relied upon by both sides is to expose a major biblical contradiction. What happens to people after death is by no means a clear-cut matter as far as the Bible is concerned, and all protestations to the contrary are doomed to failure. Anyone seeking a definitive description of post-death events should not go to the Bible for assistance, because only despair and disappointment await his arrival.
Thank you for sharing your view on these scriptures - very interesting.

I don't usually talk on hell-- but when another person asks or makes a statement regarding it do reply. It's not up to me to know all of the particulars- I preach The Gospels which I believe to be Jesus own life and times.... written in first person account- by people who traveled with Him.

To me- The gospel message is out of love and hope-- Jesus words tell us this.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606499 Nov 10, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
"The
HISTORY OF THE MORMONS,
or
LATTER-DAY SAINTS,
FROM
122 NASSAU STREET.
Smith did exactly what Paul did.

Prove which one was wrong.

Go!

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#606500 Nov 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Written by god? There is no such book.
LOL- NO not written by God~ written by people who recorded the history-

Mandated by God? I don't think so-- unless He allowed it to be written in order to seperate the wheat from the shaft.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606501 Nov 10, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
........ written in first person account- by people who traveled with Him....
You all keep making that claim yet never prove it.

Where are all these original Aramaic documents by the disciples ?

Not a single Gospel in your Bible was written by a single eyewitness and not a single one claims to be so.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#606502 Nov 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I saw that. Real sad
I agree, tragedy tends to bring people together fast as suddenly what is really important seems obvious and simply the common empathetic bond.
For whatever reason I used to have a harder time relating to disasters in other countries. Which is weird because people are people and it's not like it is any less tragic because it happened halfway around the globe or in a different culture. I don't know if maybe the frequency of higher death tolls in other countries had somewhat of a desensitization effect too. But I think there is no way not to accept that I used to simply feel worse if it happened to "one of our own" so-to-speak.
Getting to know people better from all over the place, like Topix for example allow, has definitely helped to reduce the focus on where it happened or who to but rather to keep it on what happened.
Prayers for all those this has affected
(T) Peace
Television makes everything seem unreal- we have seen so much !
I think that is partly why there is desensitization. Too many hours of pretend stories mixed in with real ones.

We experience all of the emotions- even on the Hollywood written stuff.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#606503 Nov 10, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
"The
HISTORY OF THE MORMONS,
or
LATTER-DAY SAINTS,
FROM
122 NASSAU STREET.
Not gods book, is some mans book.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#606504 Nov 10, 2013
Rorschach Mask wrote:
<quoted text>
Xbox One or Playstation 4?
Dude...

Both and the PC.

You know me, right?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#606505 Nov 10, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL- NO not written by God~ written by people who recorded the history-
Mandated by God? I don't think so-- unless He allowed it to be written in order to seperate the wheat from the shaft.
ExaCTLY.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#606506 Nov 10, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
"The
HISTORY OF THE MORMONS,
or
LATTER-DAY SAINTS,
FROM
_______
.. although this book contains the D&C's and a few other documents, it is extremely inaccurate ..

.. if you want to know the true history of Joseph Smith, read NO MAN KNOWS MY HISTORY: The Life of Joseph Smith by Fawn Brody. The author was Mormon and was eventually x-communicated from the LDS Church because of this publication. Thoroughly researched, it's available at any library, Amazon or e-bay ..

http://www.amazon.com/No-Man-Knows-My-History...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#606507 Nov 10, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
.... Too many hours of pretend stories mixed in with real ones....
Wow! Just like the Bible!

ROFLMAO

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#606508 Nov 10, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey River,
One thing would be to know then what I know now. I could have saved myself a lot of woes if I had. God used them to teach me but I would have rather know and not have had to go through a lot of things.
Oh well, at least we have the chance to live and learn.
HFN
I want to go through everything, HFN.

I was homeless on purpose. I roomed with a prostitute for a little while. I made money by playing my violin with one leg and a crutch.

I want to know everything.

“What do you see?”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#606509 Nov 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude...
Both and the PC.
You know me, right?
Good girl.:)
You're right, I already knew the answer.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#606510 Nov 10, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You all keep making that claim yet never prove it.
Where are all these original Aramaic documents by the disciples ?
Not a single Gospel in your Bible was written by a single eyewitness and not a single one claims to be so.
I have no idea what Truths will or will not do but you should realize that Truths nor anyone else has to prove anything to you. Lighten up a little man and you might find life a little more enjoyable. Maybe go out tomorrow and feed the birds or ducks if you have any near by, watch the squirrels, watch the wind blow through the trees, see what objects the clouds are forming to look like, something like that. Calm down and slow down a little. You may find out a few enjoyable things you are missing in life.

Up to you BA. I think I’m going to do some of that myself tomorrow :)

HFN

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#606511 Nov 10, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Hey sister. Gods love.
ditto to you too Chris :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#606514 Nov 10, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what Truths will or will not do but you should realize that Truths nor anyone else has to prove anything to you. Lighten up a little man and you might find life a little more enjoyable. Maybe go out tomorrow and feed the birds or ducks if you have any near by, watch the squirrels, watch the wind blow through the trees, see what objects the clouds are forming to look like, something like that. Calm down and slow down a little. You may find out a few enjoyable things you are missing in life.
HFN
Greetings and Blessings to you my Quin Sister ~ it is the 11th of the 11th down here, a very special day in more ways than one, and I just wanted to share it with you and anyone else who wants to share it with me. I read some clown thought my Prince Pugstar is ugly..... Amazing stuff, everyone else thinks he is adorable, as they should. Perhaps it is the love we share that makes our Pets special, but I am sure GOD gave them to us for more reasons than to call them names :)

Take care, I hardly have time to drop in these days, still no lappy or tablet, but in saying that, I'm enjoying the time and making the most of it. See your words next time we mingle :) XXX
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#606515 Nov 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to go through everything, HFN.
I was homeless on purpose. I roomed with a prostitute for a little while. I made money by playing my violin with one leg and a crutch.
I want to know everything.
Well that sounds pretty good sweetie and I could be wrong but I can think of a few things you would not want to know about. At least not after you got into it. You are young and I hope you learn more than you live and learn from experiencing some things. I hope you take the sweetie the right way. It is said in a nice way. If you don’t like it let me know. Anyway I personally would not like to see you learn about some things first hand. But that may be just me.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#606518 Nov 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>ditto to you too Chris :)
Hey thee my Quin, Sister Friend.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#606519 Nov 10, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
HFN
Don't wait until tomorrow...go now...life looks different in the moonlight...

It is the time of year that the trees are getting naked...they are like women...standing in just candle light...shedding each layer...one at a time...until they stand completely naked.

Recently I was in the southwest...I discovered the naked mountains...

I will spare you that story! LOL

Sorry HFN...I love the naked trees...reaching for the heavens...standing proud...wearing nothing but the moonlight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min Chris Clearwater 173,691
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min truth 542,665
Appjoy invite code 23 min Matt 73
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min It aint necessari... 739,679
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 33 min Tony17 577
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 49 min KiMare 227,562
poppyseeddreams cust service 51 min Commander Bunny 5
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ1 259,549
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr Joana 150

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••