Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#606675 Nov 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you friend
I had a hunch you would be ok with that and my approach to it. We have pretty much always been able to consider each others POV's because we don't clash on a personal level even when disagreeing. It is something I value as it doesn't happen a lot on Topix
(T) Peace
I thank you.

It is nice to have an intelligent debate with a fellow believer. <smile>

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#606676 Nov 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say that is probably about as accurate as a guestimation can be
Most people simply are indifferent to others.
And most people, especially more out-spoken ones, are going to pick up some enemies along the way. That is just life.
But if the amount of people I can trust completely and that love me for who I am and always have matches the number of people that hate me I consider that I huge success. It takes next to nothing sometimes for people to hate you. And even less for them simply not to care one way or the other. But to have people that think enough about us that that they will love us and stand by us is something that doesn't just grow on trees. So yeah, 5% both ways to me is a lot to be grateful for
(T) Peace
I do not want everyone to like me.
I would prefer that good people like me and bad people hate me.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#606677 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The OT was around for a long time before the Bible was compiled as one canonical book....
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The OT isn't The Bible you idiot.
Once again you are proving your religion is that of liars, lunatics and morons.
I didn't say the OT is the Bible, perfesir

Please learn to read.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#606678 Nov 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow
You really don't get what so many soldiers have died in battle for and what the first amendment really is about or you would have never tried to use that
The entire point of the first amendment is that your words need not be subject to the approval of others. That you can say things even if others find them offensive so long as you are within your rights.
Some people would have found the idea of saying women should have the right to vote offensive. Some people would have found it offensive to say blacks should be free men. I find the idea of your your constant emotional manipulation (attempted anyway) and passive-aggressive dishonesty like trying to claim someone is dishonoring our soldiers who died in the past over an attempt to take sides on Topix to be offensive. You may find RA's post to be offensive. Guess what? It doesn't matter. That is the great thing about the 1st Amendment, it is bigger than any one person. And I guarantee you the soldiers would have guaranteed
While this quote isn't specifically about the 1st Amendment, Voltair would have done it proud
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
~Voltaire
Of course...your are right...as usual...I am just worthless...I know nothing...I am not worthy...go for it Steve...

BTW I stand by my post...I do not believe that they sat in a room and said...let's give them freedom of speech so that they can be cruel...ugly...derogatory...to each other...and it is perfectly okay...maybe they did...I wasn't there...

I never once said that you nor anyone else couldn't say what you damned well please...I just think that we all carry it further than need be at times.

In all honesty...my original post was in defense of RR and "G" both...RR has the right to believe as he chooses...and "G" has the right to oppose...whether anyone objects or not.

However...because I am the author of that post...it doesn't surprise me that you would find something to gripe about. Go ahead...it is your 1st Amendment right.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606679 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
... Have you never heard of "The Decree of Damasus"?
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
382 AD. The Council of Rome
No formal account remains of its proceedings.
You are one demented person.
Nah, no formal account. Not for the Bishop of Rome.

Geez

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#606680 Nov 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
So now a "son" is not one's child ?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You purposefully misquoted the Bible and changed the wording to suit your meaningless argument.
You fail.
RR - your point is noted, but is just like others - as the Bible had been changed since its onset.

Many "early Church Fathers" misinterpretted what was originally written.

A prime example is the "resurrection".

Jesus speaks in many non-canonical texts it is a resurrection of our Spirit - without the body - that is "born again" into the kingdom of "God". But you so-called "Christians" think being born again, reflects baptism and repentance. Different meanings altogether.

Another prime example is the use of "brothers" in the Bible.

As we know brothers have many connotations that can reflect actual siblings, "brothers in arms" (fighting for the same cause), as well as, friend or co-patriot.

With you exclaiming this: "You purposefully misquoted the Bible and changed the wording to suit your meaningless argument" is very indicative of every other so-called "Christian" when they don't believe something to be possible from their perspective.

It wasn't misinterpretted, you just misunderstood what BA was trying to convey.

Bart Ehrman's "Misquoting Jesus" gives four very good examples that show how the meanings of words have changed over many years through scribal errors, theological changes, as well as, just plain changed to change the meaning.

Again, you've seemed to jump the gun without doing the proper research of the words or passages.

That would be "Self".

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#606681 Nov 11, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a lot of poop.....Watch where you walk
Now you tell me!

I am out of here Epi...I have for the most part enjoyed my time here and met some people that I adore and love communicating with. Lately however...not so much.

So I am giving in and signing out...

I will drop in on occasion and say hello over on the other thread that you post on...until then...love ya my friend.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#606682 Nov 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course...your are right...as usual...I am just worthless...I know nothing...I am not worthy...go for it Steve...
More attempted emotional manipulative drivel

I did not post any absolutes about your value as a person or your overall knowledge

What I did do is point out the absurdity of claiming someone who would post a reminder about Veterans Day is really dishonoring our fallen soldiers and the first amendment because you don't like what he posted about someone

And I don't think you believe it for a second. I never see you ponder your supposed many musings when it comes to the actions of those you ally yourself with
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW I stand by my post...I do not believe that they sat in a room and said...let's give them freedom of speech so that they can be cruel...ugly...derogatory...to each other...and it is perfectly okay...maybe they did...I wasn't there...
I never once said that you nor anyone else couldn't say what you damned well please...I just think that we all carry it further than need be at times.
In all honesty...my original post was in defense of RR and "G" both...RR has the right to believe as he chooses...and "G" has the right to oppose...whether anyone objects or not.
However...because I am the author of that post...it doesn't surprise me that you would find something to gripe about. Go ahead...it is your 1st Amendment right.
Again, more manipulative drivel

No our soldiers or founders didn't sit in a room and specifically say, let's die to give people the right to insult each other. What they did do is found this country and die on the battlefields to give us a right much more encompassing than that. The right to speak our minds regardless of whether our words meet the approval of other individuals or the government

And once again, I don't think for an instant you don't understand that

And I wouldn't characterize my post as finding just something to gripe about. Unless you now are claiming you don't see the gravity of your own charge. The one you used specifically for its effect. The one that claimed someone was dishonoring our soldiers who have died.

You want to make this about me having some personal agenda against you and you are mistaken. I speak up only when I find you to be using dishonest tactics. And I will continue to do so. As is my first amendment right. In that at least, you are correct.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#606683 Nov 11, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey RA....
That pic in your avatar is you and a race car driver right? I think it was your last trip to Florida....
Yes lets keep the Veterans in Prayers today...We owe so much to them.
Blessings to you too
Hi Epi. Yes that is a race car driver in the picture with me. However it wasn't taken when I was at the race at Sebring, Florida. It was taken at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway a few years ago. He's a driver in the Indy Car Series who has raced in several Indy 500's. Can anyone identify him? I'll even give everyone a hint. His father won the Indy 500.

You're so right about the Veterans. We are able to enjoy the rights we have because of them. God bless all the Veterans.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#606684 Nov 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not want everyone to like me.
I would prefer that good people like me and bad people hate me.
For the most part, me too

Although whether some good people don't like me doesn't trouble me so much. Not everybody in life will see eye to eye

But when some real twisted people start finding things to like in us, that can be a little disconcerting

One would hope it is teaching them a better way

Regardless though, there are some people I would never want to count among my friends

Which is why I think there is a difference between loving our enemy and befriending them. I can pray for someone and their soul and that they find a better way. But to hang out with someone (using extremes here for emphasis) that would rape children or torture animals or whatever, no way. And I can definitely do without any admiration from such people. I hear what you are saying

(T) Peace

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606685 Nov 11, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
BenAdam wrote:
So now a "son" is not one's child ?
<quoted text>
RR - your point is noted, but is just like others - as the Bible had been changed since its onset.
Many "early Church Fathers" misinterpretted what was originally written.
A prime example is the "resurrection".
Jesus speaks in many non-canonical texts it is a resurrection of our Spirit - without the body - that is "born again" into the kingdom of "God". But you so-called "Christians" think being born again, reflects baptism and repentance. Different meanings altogether.
Another prime example is the use of "brothers" in the Bible.
As we know brothers have many connotations that can reflect actual siblings, "brothers in arms" (fighting for the same cause), as well as, friend or co-patriot.
With you exclaiming this: "You purposefully misquoted the Bible and changed the wording to suit your meaningless argument" is very indicative of every other so-called "Christian" when they don't believe something to be possible from their perspective.
It wasn't misinterpretted, you just misunderstood what BA was trying to convey.
Bart Ehrman's "Misquoting Jesus" gives four very good examples that show how the meanings of words have changed over many years through scribal errors, theological changes, as well as, just plain changed to change the meaning.
Again, you've seemed to jump the gun without doing the proper research of the words or passages.
That would be "Self".
It is not ok to misquote the Bible and then use that misquote to prove a non-valid point. That is what Ben did, that is what Ben does.

I find it curious that you defend it.
oneear69

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#606686 Nov 11, 2013
Remembrance Day, is a day to remember those who have given their lives to end all wars, it is not a day to glorify war.Sadly our world is no better off, while we must respect and honour those who have fought, we must still question the reasons why war happens in the first place. Most wars of the 20th-21st century have been for resources and control over we the people.They have been very much manipulated and contrived, so that a handful can gain vast amounts of wealth off of the misery of the many.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."

--Goering at the Nuremberg Trials
oneear69

Location hidden

#606687 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not ok to misquote the Bible and then use that misquote to prove a non-valid point. That is what Ben did, that is what Ben does.
I find it curious that you defend it.
Why are you upset about some one misquoting a mythological story !

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606688 Nov 11, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you upset about some one misquoting a mythological story !
Do you understand what this is ----> ?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606690 Nov 11, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you upset about some one misquoting a mythological story !
Nobody's misquoted a mythological story, not here and not recently, anyway....

To what mythological story are you referring?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#606691 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The OT was around for a long time before the Bible was compiled as one canonical book.
Why do you keep saying Constantine? Have you never heard of "The Decree of Damasus"?
382 CE, and a mostly-meaningless definition of terms and language.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#606693 Nov 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course...your are right...as usual...I am just worthless...I know nothing...I am not worthy
??

Is this the improvement your life became after you left Christianity??? you became ignorant and worthless??

ROFLMBO!!! at least you admit it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606694 Nov 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>382 CE, and a mostly-meaningless definition of terms and language.
It only spelled out which books would be contained in the Bible...

That's all.

Meaningless? I think nay.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#606695 Nov 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
At first I thought I was on your blacklist...and then...I felt better.
The south west was interesting to say the least. I did enjoy it for a while and then I realized what felt strange about it...what gave me that uneasy feeling...the mountains were naked.
I had never seen naked mountains until this trip. All the mountains that I know are dressed in their blankets (with many colors this time of year). When I first saw these naked mountains I thought how beautiful...seeing the peaks and valleys and how they came together...intertwined...each distinct...yet a part of the whole. There was something though that I couldn't put my finger on.
I loved the deep rich colors of the soil...from almost gold to the deep red veins. After a several hours of awe...I realized...they were naked...no green...no transition from the green to the vibrant colors of fall.
My favorite thing about the trip...I loved the wind turbines...that is another story however...they are like soldiers standing guard...they were magnificent the bright blue sky. A little eerie at night however...they kept putting on this synchronized light show...kind of.
It has been a long time since I have seen so much barren land...mile after mile of nothingness. When finally coming to a town...some of them...actually most of them...appeared to be waiting to die.
I guess in so many words...I love the lusciousness of forests...
I learned a lot about myself during this trip...
I was a visitor...I don't belong in the land of the naked mountains.
These guys however...
https://www.google.com/search...
...I am quite fond of. At night their light show makes you think that aliens are landing...hundreds of red blinking lights illuminate the sky.
Ya. It's quite a different world than most are used to. It's really beautiful in the morning just after a rain, if you ever get the chance to see it. It's pretty rare.
I used to hail crane parts for those towers all over the west..it was interesting. You can live in one of those "housings" on the top, they are so huge.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#606696 Nov 11, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey bro! I'm wonderful, how are you doing?
I'm doing sis...that's enough for me right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 38 min Drumpf Disaster 46,227
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr Johnny 388
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr kent 691,985
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Aura Mytha 990,681
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr exposingm0r0ns 6,707
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 4 hr whatever 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Dec 2017 News 445,848
More from around the web