Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#606658 Nov 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO...the best way to honor them is to uphold the freedoms that we are guaranteed in this country...guaranteed by our 1st Amendment...
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
For this thread...these parts are applicable...
...no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...
...abridging the freedom of speech...
IMO...that freedom of speech is often abused...used in ways that I don't believe that our forefathers intended...
I wonder...did our veterans fight...lose their lives...so that we might have the right to rip people people apart with our words...
Wow

You really don't get what so many soldiers have died in battle for and what the first amendment really is about or you would have never tried to use that

The entire point of the first amendment is that your words need not be subject to the approval of others. That you can say things even if others find them offensive so long as you are within your rights.

Some people would have found the idea of saying women should have the right to vote offensive. Some people would have found it offensive to say blacks should be free men. I find the idea of your your constant emotional manipulation (attempted anyway) and passive-aggressive dishonesty like trying to claim someone is dishonoring our soldiers who died in the past over an attempt to take sides on Topix to be offensive. You may find RA's post to be offensive. Guess what? It doesn't matter. That is the great thing about the 1st Amendment, it is bigger than any one person. And I guarantee you the soldiers would have guaranteed

While this quote isn't specifically about the 1st Amendment, Voltair would have done it proud

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

~Voltaire

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#606659 Nov 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW I have never called you that...nor even implied that I thought that.
I don't mind making anyone a "sammich"...as long as you will carry out the trash while I am doing it. Oh...and while you are out there...pick up the dog poop.
There is a lot of poop.....Watch where you walk

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#606660 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you say 400? huh... All along you've been saying 350....
Revelation wasn't approved by the Churches until about a century after 350 AD.

The Bible did not exist until around 350 AD. Until then each Christian sect had its own collection of different scriptures. There are about 200 know Christian Scriptures from before 200 AD alone. They weren't banned until after Constantine approved "The Bible" following Constantine, a few additions and deletions were made. The greatest deletion of Constantine's (Catholic) Bible was by the Protestants 1000 years later.

Why did God wait another 1000 years to tell protestants the Bible was full of lies that needed to be removed ?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#606661 Nov 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have that backwards, RR.
Atheists don't have a Bible to defend. We're pretty much independent. It's the Topix theists that have to stick together no matter who it is.
Just from a topix perspective I have to disagree. I've been here along time and predominately christians will fight their own battles, they rarely get any sustained help from another christian. While topix atheists regularly swoon in to defend their own.

How many people stood up for yellowdog? How many continuously helped her in her battles on the prove there's a God thread? I could pick any page at random on that thread and find multiple atheists attacking her. This behavior has proven out on topix over and over and over.......

Location hidden

#606662 Nov 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Infidels and Gays Should Die
So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.(Romans 1:24-32 NLT)
You really should add quotes to that as some bible actually include titles. The way that is posted it makes it look like your titles are part of the actual bible

And saying they should die is very different than saying they will die. The penalty for all sin is death

Psalms 56:13
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"

So Romans is saying they know this is the penalty for sinning and yet they continue to anyway. It may seem like a small distinction as the result is the same but advocating for their death and pointing out it will happen, as it will with all sin, are two very different things IMO

Especially when looked at with consideration to:

Matthew 11:23
"And you, Capernaum, will not be exalted to heaven, will you? You will descend to Hades; for if the miracles had occurred in Sodom which occurred in you, it would have remained to this day.

It was the lack of faith which was the real problem, not the specific sins. And their lack of faith caused them to turn their back on the Lord and do whatever they wanted and to refuse to obey him.

(T) Peace

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#606663 Nov 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow
You really don't get what so many soldiers have died in battle for and what the first amendment really is about or you would have never tried to use that
The entire point of the first amendment is that your words need not be subject to the approval of others. That you can say things even if others find them offensive so long as you are within your rights.
Some people would have found the idea of saying women should have the right to vote offensive. Some people would have found it offensive to say blacks should be free men. I find the idea of your your constant emotional manipulation (attempted anyway) and passive-aggressive dishonesty like trying to claim someone is dishonoring our soldiers who died in the past over an attempt to take sides on Topix to be offensive. You may find RA's post to be offensive. Guess what? It doesn't matter. That is the great thing about the 1st Amendment, it is bigger than any one person. And I guarantee you the soldiers would have guaranteed
While this quote isn't specifically about the 1st Amendment, Voltair would have done it proud
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
~Voltaire
I find me offensive.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#606664 Nov 11, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Just from a topix perspective I have to disagree. I've been here along time and predominately christians will fight their own battles, they rarely get any sustained help from another christian. While topix atheists regularly swoon in to defend their own.
How many people stood up for yellowdog? How many continuously helped her in her battles on the prove there's a God thread? I could pick any page at random on that thread and find multiple atheists attacking her. This behavior has proven out on topix over and over and over.......
The several Christian Gang Bangs, as X called them, disprove your theory.

You have been involved as a Christian supporter in a few them yourself.

You are doing it again now.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#606665 Nov 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should add quotes to that as some bible actually include titles. The way that is posted it makes it look like your titles are part of the actual bible
And saying they should die is very different than saying they will die. The penalty for all sin is death...
Good points. My error. I agree. Thanks for an intelligent rebuttal.

Just posting "food for thought". <smile>

Location hidden

#606666 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I find me offensive.
LOL

I think we all find ourselves to be offensive at times

Although so long it it remains within our rights and the laws, it is between man and himself and man and God

I wouldn't have it any other way. I am grateful people before me died to give me that right. We have things easy today. Others did the heavy lifting.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#606667 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you having fun copy/pasting ancient laws for Israelites?
ROFLMAO

So God was just an evil bloodthirsty bastard to the Hebrews ?

God must really hate them damn Jews, huh ?
No wonder he had Hitler disown 6 million of them.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606668 Nov 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation wasn't approved by the Churches until about a century after 350 AD.
The Bible did not exist until around 350 AD. Until then each Christian sect had its own collection of different scriptures. There are about 200 know Christian Scriptures from before 200 AD alone. They weren't banned until after Constantine approved "The Bible" following Constantine, a few additions and deletions were made. The greatest deletion of Constantine's (Catholic) Bible was by the Protestants 1000 years later.
Why did God wait another 1000 years to tell protestants the Bible was full of lies that needed to be removed ?
The OT was around for a long time before the Bible was compiled as one canonical book.

Why do you keep saying Constantine? Have you never heard of "The Decree of Damasus"?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#606669 Nov 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I think we all find ourselves to be offensive at times
Although so long it it remains within our rights and the laws, it is between man and himself and man and God
I wouldn't have it any other way. I am grateful people before me died to give me that right. We have things easy today. Others did the heavy lifting.
I have found that throughout life about 5% of the people I meet will love me no matter what, about 5% of the people I meet will hate me no matter what, and the rest could care less if I lived or died.

Location hidden

#606670 Nov 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Good points. My error. I agree. Thanks for an intelligent rebuttal.
Just posting "food for thought". <smile>
Thank you friend

I had a hunch you would be ok with that and my approach to it. We have pretty much always been able to consider each others POV's because we don't clash on a personal level even when disagreeing. It is something I value as it doesn't happen a lot on Topix

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#606671 Nov 11, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have found that throughout life about 5% of the people I meet will love me no matter what, about 5% of the people I meet will hate me no matter what, and the rest could care less if I lived or died.
I would say that is probably about as accurate as a guestimation can be

Most people simply are indifferent to others.

And most people, especially more out-spoken ones, are going to pick up some enemies along the way. That is just life.

But if the amount of people I can trust completely and that love me for who I am and always have matches the number of people that hate me I consider that I huge success. It takes next to nothing sometimes for people to hate you. And even less for them simply not to care one way or the other. But to have people that think enough about us that that they will love us and stand by us is something that doesn't just grow on trees. So yeah, 5% both ways to me is a lot to be grateful for

(T) Peace

“"None shall pass"”

There

#606672 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
... Have you never heard of "The Decree of Damasus"?
382 AD. The Council of Rome

No formal account remains of its proceedings.

You are one demented person.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#606673 Nov 11, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a lot of poop.....Watch where you walk
A lot of Topix Christians need diapers.

LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#606674 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The OT was around for a long time before the Bible was compiled as one canonical book....
The OT isn't The Bible you idiot.

Once again you are proving your religion is that of liars, lunatics and morons.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#606675 Nov 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you friend
I had a hunch you would be ok with that and my approach to it. We have pretty much always been able to consider each others POV's because we don't clash on a personal level even when disagreeing. It is something I value as it doesn't happen a lot on Topix
(T) Peace
I thank you.

It is nice to have an intelligent debate with a fellow believer. <smile>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#606676 Nov 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say that is probably about as accurate as a guestimation can be
Most people simply are indifferent to others.
And most people, especially more out-spoken ones, are going to pick up some enemies along the way. That is just life.
But if the amount of people I can trust completely and that love me for who I am and always have matches the number of people that hate me I consider that I huge success. It takes next to nothing sometimes for people to hate you. And even less for them simply not to care one way or the other. But to have people that think enough about us that that they will love us and stand by us is something that doesn't just grow on trees. So yeah, 5% both ways to me is a lot to be grateful for
(T) Peace
I do not want everyone to like me.
I would prefer that good people like me and bad people hate me.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606677 Nov 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The OT was around for a long time before the Bible was compiled as one canonical book....
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The OT isn't The Bible you idiot.
Once again you are proving your religion is that of liars, lunatics and morons.
I didn't say the OT is the Bible, perfesir

Please learn to read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rodney King beating and the WTC Jumpers 8 min Doctor REALITY 10
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 15 min Rednek 71,851
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min Rosesz 699,467
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 995,082
My mom is getting married again 2 hr jaxon66 1
I travel a lot and it affects my dating life 2 hr lance63 1
News Ex-Teacher Back in Jail (May '06) 2 hr nutzaplente 4
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 3 hr Johnny 133
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr Big Al 447,425