Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#606439 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if ben is a believer.
What I care about is his lies he spreads about Christianity.
I care about it because ignorant people might believe him and get the wrong impression about Christians and/or Christianity.
The reality is that more and more people are discovering your religion is a pack of lies.

You prove the truth of that every day here.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#606440 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
...ignoring facts, knowledge and truth, I know you are.
We all know you are.
Why do you continue to lie ?

I gave provided more information and documentation on this thread to support my posts than you have in your entire life!

You are living proof that Christians are liars, idiots and lunatics.
I am sure the other Christians love you for that.

What perferted deity do you all love so much that you have to constantly lie for it ?

I know one thing, it isn't the God of Jesus of Galilee.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#606441 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your beliefs to defend. You call them your non-beliefs or lack of a belief. Either way, atheists are here and there day in and day out, bitching, whining and complaining about a "non-belief".
It's hilariously frustrating.
And Ben is in the front of the pack, defending a non-belief, howeverthefuck that works...
Wrong again. We don't bitch about non belief but you're half right. It is hilarious watching theists try to defend the indefensible. It may be frustrating to you. It's not to me.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#606442 Nov 10, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. although Ben's brand of faith is different than yours, he's a believer ..
.. earlier, a Christian blasted Mormonism. About 1/2 hour ago, an 82-year old LDS neighbor stopped by with freshly cut chard, cilantro, Romaine lettuce and a few tomatoes. After adding a bit of cheese, croutons, mayo and salad dressing, it was enough to feed two people. Yet, according to many, this man is going to hell ..
.. what's all this animosity about? Doesn't Jesus love this kind elderly man ??..
It is the people who silenced the message, and replace it with their own you witness...not the source.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#606443 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I care about it because ignorant people might believe him and get the wrong impression about Christians and/or Christianity.
I am not atheist so...

Do you think that everything you say about atheism is true? Do you have documented valid proof of what you say? If not...do you worry about some ignorant person coming along and getting the wrong impression about atheism and/or atheists?

Before you jump...I don't agree with the way that "G" uses the term "liar" either...along with others that use the "liar" terminology on a regular basis.

Just saying RR...there are always two sides...we just like the way the side looks from our own perspective.

I know...I will discontinue our conversations next time...I just had thoughts on this topic.

As an agnostic I have had both sides determine some "untruths" about me...so there is plenty of this crap to go around...we can all share in the fun.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#606444 Nov 10, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
"The earliest evidence of the use of the term Catholic Church is the Letter to the Smyrnaeans that Ignatius of Antioch wrote in about 107 to Christians in Smyrna. Exhorting Christians to remain closely united with their bishop, he wrote: "Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."
Chapter VIII.—Let nothing be done without the bishop". Christian Classics Ethereal Library.
Angle, Paul T.(2007). The Mysterious Origins of Christianity. Wheatmark, Inc.
The beginning of the attempt of organized theocracy to usurp the position of Jesus as the most important central part of the movement through propaganda.

Location hidden

#606445 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry my friend, there is no doubt, christianity is an ignorant belief.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#606446 Nov 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
......I don't agree with the way that "G" uses the term "liar" either.......
He is either stupid, insane or a liar.

He claimed that the word "kill" means "disown" !

Only a liar or a lunatic does that.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#606447 Nov 10, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. fair enough. What lie is Ben spreading? That he BELIEVES all humans are gods ??..
It's more than that, a good example is this:

Red Apples wrote:
So very true. Of course Lamb Chops will deny it, even though he's proven time and time again that in his eyes if he says it then it has to be true. That's why he continues to deny that he said he was a "purfesir" 2 years ago when he first showed up in here, even when countless posters that were here remember him saying just that.
You would think that he'd eventually realize that people are on to him and his lies. But not good old Lamb Chops. He just keeps spewing them out thinking people are going to believe him.

BenAdam wrote:
Thank you for proving your love for Satan.

---

WTF did RA say about Satan? Nothin. But ole Ben pretends his way into thinking it to be true, just as he's pretended his way into thinking that we are all gods, "because the Bible says so".

He puts the bible down every chance he gets.

He says the Bible is nothing but lies.

Then he uses that "lie" to defend his point that we are all gods.

You doth find that a bit disturbing?
.. while it would be nice if he expressed his faith with less vigor, what would happen ??..
I've seen no evidence of Ben's faith.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606448 Nov 10, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
He is either stupid, insane or a liar.
He claimed that the word "kill" means "disown" !
Only a liar or a lunatic does that.
See?

I didn't claim that kill means disown.

And you call me a liar?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606449 Nov 10, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
"Many individual Christians and Christian denominations consider themselves "catholic" on the basis, in particular, of apostolic succession. They all fall into five groups:
1 The Catholic Church, which considers full communion with the Bishop of Rome an essential element of Catholicism. Its constituent particular Churches (Western and Eastern) have distinct and separate jurisdictions, while still being "in union with Rome."
2 Those, like the Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox, that claim unbroken apostolic succession from the early Church and identify themselves as the Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox, but not the Oriental, see themselves (along with the See of Rome) as part of a patriarchal first-millennium structure that developed in the East into the theory of the five patriarchal sees, but not in the West, which preferred the theory of the three Petrine sees of Rome, Alexandria and Antioch. The title, "Patriarch of the West", was rarely used by the popes until the 16th and 17th centuries, and was included in the Annuario Pontificio from 1863 to 2005, being dropped in the following year as never very clear, and having become over history "obsolete and practically unusable".
3 Those, like the Old Catholic, Anglican, and some Lutheran and other denominations, that claim unbroken apostolic succession from the early Church, and see themselves as a constituent part of the Church.
4 Those who claim to be spiritual descendants of the Apostles but have no discernible institutional descent from the historic Church, and normally do not refer to themselves as catholic.
5 Those who have acknowledged a break in Apostolic Succession, but have restored it in order to be in full communion with bodies that have maintained the practice. Examples in this category include the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada vis-à-vis their Anglican and Old Catholic counterparts."
Richard McBrien, Catholicism (Minneapolis: Winston Press, 1981), 680.
Milton V. Anastos (2001). "Aspects of the Mind of Byzantium (Political Theory, Theology, and Ecclesiastical Relations with the See of Rome)". Myriobiblos.gr. Ashgate Publications, Variorum Collected Studies Series. ISBN 0-86078-840-7). Retrieved 2011-06-30.
"L'idea di pentarchia nella cristianità". Homolaicus.com . Retrieved 2011-06-30.
"Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity, press release on the suppression of the title "Patriarch of the West" in the 2006 Annuario Pontificio". Vatican.va. Retrieved 2011-06-30.
Catholic Online (2006-03-22). "Vatican explains why pope no longer "patriarch of the West"". Catholic.org . Retrieved 2011-06-30.
This is what you offer? Lol

Of course the Catholic Church is gonna say that. Why wouldn't they?

But there were Christians before there were Catholics, that right there shows you that not all Christians are Catholics.

I'm a Christian. I am not a Catholic.

Why is this so hard for you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606451 Nov 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Wrong again. We don't bitch about non belief but you're half right. It is hilarious watching theists try to defend the indefensible. It may be frustrating to you. It's not to me.
"Hilariously frustrating". As in a good video game....

You're welcome.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606452 Nov 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not atheist so...
Do you think that everything you say about atheism is true? Do you have documented valid proof of what you say? If not...do you worry about some ignorant person coming along and getting the wrong impression about atheism and/or atheists?
Before you jump...I don't agree with the way that "G" uses the term "liar" either...along with others that use the "liar" terminology on a regular basis.
Just saying RR...there are always two sides...we just like the way the side looks from our own perspective.
I know...I will discontinue our conversations next time...I just had thoughts on this topic.
As an agnostic I have had both sides determine some "untruths" about me...so there is plenty of this crap to go around...we can all share in the fun.
You make a valid point, as usual.

Actually there are three sides of the coin; "his" side, "her" side and the truth.

No, everything I say about atheists is not true. Most of what I say is, though.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606453 Nov 10, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry my friend, there is no doubt, christianity is an ignorant belief.
Thank you for sharing your opinion.

This is a great thread for opinion sharing, is it not?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#606455 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See?
I didn't claim that kill means disown.
And you call me a liar?
Yes you did!

This is exactly why I call you a liar!

There was a weeks worth of post from you claiming that "Kill your disobedient child" meant "disown" them.

THAT is why I call you a liar. It has nothing to do with your religious beliefs or lack there of.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#606456 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But there were Christians before there were Catholics,...
Correct. And they were all exterminated by the Roman Church and Emperors.

You are as much a Catholic as any member of the RCC.

You simply think that cutting the horns of a cow pony makes it a pony.

over 90% of your beliefs come right from a Pope!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606457 Nov 10, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did!
This is exactly why I call you a liar!
There was a weeks worth of post from you claiming that "Kill your disobedient child" meant "disown" them.
THAT is why I call you a liar. It has nothing to do with your religious beliefs or lack there of.
You misrepresent the Bible again. Deuteronomy 2 does not ever say "kill your disobedient child".

Get the Scripture right first, then I can remind you the difference between disown and kill.

Go.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#606459 Nov 10, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. And they were all exterminated by the Roman Church and Emperors.
You are as much a Catholic as any member of the RCC.
You simply think that cutting the horns of a cow pony makes it a pony.
over 90% of your beliefs come right from a Pope!
Lie #1: And they were all exterminated by the Roman Church and Emperors.

Lie #2: You are as much a Catholic as any member of the RCC.

Lie #3:You simply think that cutting the horns of a cow pony makes it a pony.

Lie #4: over 90% of your beliefs come right from a Pope!

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#606460 Nov 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It does alter our perceptions. It makes it harder to forget how much total strangers deal with in their own lives. Just as it can be easy to relegate someone to a faceless name on the Internet until we get to know them, it can be easy to dismiss someone in real life the same way
I used to think about it when driving. Someone cuts you off and it is almost like the first reaction is to only consider the act. Heck, we have become so disassociated with our fellow human beings that we now have a medical excuse for it called road rage. But who knows what problems that person may be dealing with. What things may be weighing heavy on their heart and mind?
It is much easier obviously to talk the talk. These are lessons that don't always come naturally to me. But a place like this, a glimpse into the minds of strangers, helps to serve as a reminder that life can be hard on anybody at any given time. And if we can look at a situation even a fraction more from a view other than our own, then we are one step closer as a people.
There will always be individual clashes. That is just life. But the labels and groups and walls that divide us in so many cases don't need to exist.
I always heard growing up how certain things build character. But it is not like by themselves they create a measurable difference. It is the cumulative effect coupled with time that slowly changes who we are. I would like to believe in their own small way, some of these interactions that started off with total strangers have helped to build tolerance and understanding.
It makes it harder to care. So much easier to put someone in a group. A Democrat. A Republican. A believer. An Unbeliever. A whiter person. A black person. A straight person. A gay person. Yet how many exceptions on here disprove the rule before people have to question the rule all together?
It's an interesting journey to say the least. One I also do not regret overall
(T) Peace
The tragedy in the Philippines is on the news. It is that type of thing that brings people together into our similarities. At least I hope that all people feel compassion towards those in the trauma zone.

Location hidden

#606461 Nov 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hilariously frustrating". As in a good video game....
You're welcome.
What do you consider a good video game?

Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min BenAdam 878,783
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 603,319
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 59 min curtjester1 41,139
I....LOVE....DR. J. Vernon McGee!!!! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr BenAdam 8,040
Ruthlessly GREEDY New Yorkers earned 9-11 2 hr Critical Eye 15
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 272,879
The Christian Atheist debate 6 hr MrAnderson9 3,845
More from around the web