Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#606357 Nov 9, 2013
And if this is what I believe it may be in reference to, I would also add the post to HFN was made to ask her why was she defending Little Whispers when she was just as responsible as Ben. Even if LeLe believed that, was it necessary to make that point the day she lost her husband, that someone shouldn't be defending her?

And even if you don't know the history and that LeLe has never liked LW and has laughed at her and called her creepy and she would never be looking to donate money in that case yet never inquired when so many others have passed in recent months, money was never mentioned. So to ask if the person is "soliciting money" is not something that was phrased like that by coincidence

Nor was it a coincidence that the same post characterized LW being equally involved in a conflict as her being right there "full of her story". When you say someone is telling a story or full of their story, you are questioning their credibility. So then to question her credibility and follow it up with asking if she is soliciting money? She might as well just come out and said I wonder if her husband really died and if she isn't just saying this to try to get money

When asked why she inquired as to whether money was being "solicited" she responded by saying she knew LW doesn't need any. All the more reason then why someone would never ask if the person was soliciting money

But lastly I would ask you to consider this. If posts on a chat-room can make you sad and contribute to you not posting and have you feel they are an abomination, then shouldn't concern about the people behind the posts warrant at least that same consideration?

Do people in here know LW's husband personally? No, most don't. But we know LW. And I for one found the timing, implication, and intent of the insulting posts made on the day she lost her husband to be the abomination. Not posts defending against them.

But I will wait to see what you were referring to to say any more. Simply some food for thought if it was that.

(T) Peace

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#606358 Nov 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
People who don't believe often make the point that how can they be afraid of something they don't think exists like hell?
And that is probably the case. I am sure people are not afraid of something they don't believe in. At least not specifically.
But I think some people look to feel better about not believing. There is no way it doesn't play a factor that pretty much 9 out of 10 people believe in a higher power. So I think it is important for some unbelievers to reinforce the idea that everybody else is crazy. And that the only reason they believe is they were indoctrinated out of fear or greed. It makes things easier for them to dismiss.
It is much harder for them to deal with the fact that there are very bright people, often prone to empirical thinking in non-faith areas, who believe in God with all their heart out of love. Not to get anything. Not to avoid anything. Not because they are too stupid not to. But because they feel the touch of God and believe in the unseen. They believe some things are greater than man or can't be proven on a chalkboard but they exist nevertheless. And this group consists of millions upon millions of people.
So instead believers are labeled indoctrinated and/or motivated by self-interest.
It is what it is I guess. That is why I think its group when people can cross these "side" barriers. It helps destroy the pre-conceived notions and prejudices, which is always a good thing. And it may just open up someone's mind more to the idea that there is more to faith and the faithful than perhaps they give credit for
(T) Peace
Back to the lap top...where I am signed is as Truths~ Had to put my legs up~

Very well put ((((Skom))))))~ It is great when people relax enough to converse as adults~

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#606359 Nov 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to get involved in this thread again but it makes me sad.
I read the exchanges yesterday and I just don't understand how the death of a person they don't even know can cause the adolescent behaviour that I witnessed. It's a shame. It's more than a shame. It's an abomination.
That's why I haven't posted...I can't/won't be a part of it.
That is all I care to say about it.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#606360 Nov 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I haven't posted...I can't/won't be a part of it.
That is all I care to say about it.
Some flap traps love to wallow in it like a pig.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#606361 Nov 9, 2013
agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormonism is man made additions which were put in place by a schiester from the area in which I live.....
As opposed to the man made additions which were put in place by a schiester from Rome.

You are such a tool.

Location hidden

#606363 Nov 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Some flap traps love to wallow in it like a pig.
Do you ever wonder why 19 out of every 20 posts of yours not only are negative but either to or about someone not even talking to you? Why nobody even attempts to post to you concerning an adult conversation? Maybe 1 out of 20 posts may involve your trying hard to make a joke and isn't negative.

When is the last time you were in a normal, serious exchange over anything? It doesn't even have to be a super serious topic, but just you were interacting with someone like an adult, other than trying to make a joke?

Weeks ago? Months ago?

If there was such a thing as professional trolling, it would be what you do.

I would tell you what that says about you but I have a feeling that is one of the few things you actually know. It is why you troll in the first place. It is a vicious cycle that isn't going to change unless you have something going on in your life to make you happy. Even those that would ally with you for the sake of having an another ally do not post to you for anything other than that

I don't know how old you are but i would think you are at least old enough that a situation like that would give you pause.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#606364 Nov 9, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to the man made additions which were put in place by a schiester from Rome.
You are such a tool.
I trust God and His words- as written and transcibed by people which He put in place. I am not a bible scholar- I don't know the correct Greek words for any scripture... But I trust Gods promptings on my heart- when He tells me what is and isn't my business~
He will give me to know which parts of the bible to act on and which I am not prepared for yet.
He will guide the willing into being honest and loving people. People that care for others while they are still on the planet...and care about where people will end up if they don't accept Jesus.

You apparently don't even trust yourself or keep your word TO yourself )c: I can not take your posts any more seriously than I do Dr. Shrink. Your memory of gratefulness has expired. Which is sadder than losing life. As it means you will continue on this used up planet with more grief than you needed to have.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#606365 Nov 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever wonder why 19 out of every 20 posts of yours not only are negative but either to or about someone not even talking to you? Why nobody even attempts to post to you concerning an adult conversation? Maybe 1 out of 20 posts may involve your trying hard to make a joke and isn't negative.
When is the last time you were in a normal, serious exchange over anything? It doesn't even have to be a super serious topic, but just you were interacting with someone like an adult, other than trying to make a joke?
Weeks ago? Months ago?
If there was such a thing as professional trolling, it would be what you do.
I would tell you what that says about you but I have a feeling that is one of the few things you actually know. It is why you troll in the first place. It is a vicious cycle that isn't going to change unless you have something going on in your life to make you happy. Even those that would ally with you for the sake of having an another ally do not post to you for anything other than that
I don't know how old you are but i would think you are at least old enough that a situation like that would give you pause.
How you like your new tattoo?

Location hidden

#606366 Nov 9, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to the lap top...where I am signed is as Truths~ Had to put my legs up~
Very well put ((((Skom))))))~ It is great when people relax enough to converse as adults~
Some people see Topix as nothing more than the shortest path to the end of their day. They troll, icon, and vent because it is still better than what their life has to offer. It is empty and that is unfortunate but I would guess of their own doing

And some actually appreciate the medium for allowing them to engage and learn while getting to know people. Of course people should have fun posting or it isn't a good use of their time. But the stigma that used to be attacked to the Internet doesn't exist much more in these type of formats. Perhaps dating sites and whatnot there still is one but places like this can bring a real connection and a lot of cumulative knowledge

And to draw a line in the sand over belief and say well you are there and I am here and that is the sides only hurts the person drawing the line. The rest of the people will go on to enjoy the full range of people and actually get something positive out of it.

These are conversations that real life almost never allows for. We are too busy, certain subjects just don't get broached, and people are not going to often sit down with a stranger and talk about such things. Yet here we get to see what real people actually think and feel and no where someone else is coming from when the real world only shows us the response and not the reason behind it

As weird as it is to say, partly because of some of the people who don't care about any of that, but places like this still can be a real opportunity to grow as people. When we stop posting we go out into the real world. I think its a good thing to know some of the people we will encounter better because we know how similar people think.

And on here there is nothing next to our names that says race or ethnicity or even gender most of the time. It is a leveling effect where each person is just a name. And while that can be bad in some ways, in other ways imagine if that simple concept was applied to real life? That you went by people's actions and not what faith they are or what race they are or any of the other things that divide us?

I think its pretty cool...at times anyway

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#606367 Nov 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
How you like your new tattoo?
The only thing I can guess is someone told you that the more you post, the larger the square footage of your mom's basement would become. One no doubt covered in Star Wars posters and one that hasn't seen a woman within 20 years of your age since you were born.

Meh, who knows? Maybe if you keep posting it will change. Best of luck to ya

:)

Location hidden

#606369 Nov 9, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure
Skom?
there is someone old crip and sick seating behind all posts,not reading only icon them negatively,he have a sadistic pleasure and his heart beat from blood pumping to his heart,is heart of satan,who allow him to plant this pump,be alive, not post,only once a while against old sick godless scum Ben Adam,and iconing everybody without of voice,
we call such wickedness as dark shadow agents serving prince of darkness.
I ALSO NOTICED THAT FIRST HE ICON NEGATIVELY ME, WAIT LITTLE WHILE,ICON OTHERS, AND LEAVE NOT ICON ON MY POSTS,
HE TRY TO CONVINCE EVERYBODY THAT I TROLL AROUND AND ICON NEGATIVELY ALL POSTS-it is shame to call yourselves believer in Christ and act like wicked abominable child of satan-
I AM SURE ,YOU KNOW WHO IS THIS SICK DEADLY CRIP
I only wonder,that you are smart boy?
treat them to be your friends
have good night man,
May God always bless you,
I do like it,that you are behind our poor lill whispers- her personal problem is not ours, but our prayers can help her in this for her difficult time.
I do like this lady,I also like your posted logics?
It reminds me of two quotes

“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?”
&#8213; Abraham Lincoln

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”
&#8213; Oscar Wilde

When possible the first option is the best.

But some simply by nature of who they are put themselves in the Oscar Wilde quote. Certain trolls hate the idea of peace. Some have even admitted going out of their way to try to disrupt others making peace.

It normally doesn't take long to see which quote someone falls into

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#606372 Nov 9, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
THANKS SKOM
I personaly doesn't have any enemies,nor hate anyone,
my jokes allowed me to survive the worst moments of my life in past and now,
Good night
God bless you Skom
you have to believe and be sure,there are always friendly strange souls who always pray for each human who is not to far away(in the life,or cyber space,or 12 hours airplane travels)

Good Night Shrink

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#606373 Nov 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people see Topix as nothing more than the shortest path to the end of their day. They troll, icon, and vent because it is still better than what their life has to offer. It is empty and that is unfortunate but I would guess of their own doing
And some actually appreciate the medium for allowing them to engage and learn while getting to know people. Of course people should have fun posting or it isn't a good use of their time. But the stigma that used to be attacked to the Internet doesn't exist much more in these type of formats. Perhaps dating sites and whatnot there still is one but places like this can bring a real connection and a lot of cumulative knowledge
And to draw a line in the sand over belief and say well you are there and I am here and that is the sides only hurts the person drawing the line. The rest of the people will go on to enjoy the full range of people and actually get something positive out of it.
These are conversations that real life almost never allows for. We are too busy, certain subjects just don't get broached, and people are not going to often sit down with a stranger and talk about such things. Yet here we get to see what real people actually think and feel and no where someone else is coming from when the real world only shows us the response and not the reason behind it
As weird as it is to say, partly because of some of the people who don't care about any of that, but places like this still can be a real opportunity to grow as people. When we stop posting we go out into the real world. I think its a good thing to know some of the people we will encounter better because we know how similar people think.
And on here there is nothing next to our names that says race or ethnicity or even gender most of the time. It is a leveling effect where each person is just a name. And while that can be bad in some ways, in other ways imagine if that simple concept was applied to real life? That you went by people's actions and not what faith they are or what race they are or any of the other things that divide us?
(T) Peace
I will never regret finding topix~ Moments of it? Sure- but all in all it has been quite a growing experience.

Maturing is a choice- and many choose not to mature or bring anything worthwhile to the room. But like said- it is their choice.
Going out into the real world is a lot different ---when you realise that THIS type of persn is ALSO out there !! Ya' kinda never look at the outside world the same after spending time here~

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#606374 Nov 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing I can guess is someone told you that the more you post, the larger the square footage of your mom's basement would become. One no doubt covered in Star Wars posters and one that hasn't seen a woman within 20 years of your age since you were born.
Meh, who knows? Maybe if you keep posting it will change. Best of luck to ya
Reality is nothing like your imagining.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#606375 Nov 9, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I tell you between me and this wicked ben Adam exist huge distance,
I love jokes.but never spread hate against our Lord,believers, or aginst Bible Gods living Word for us.
I see you as believer,and sweet lady,
and between joke there is love and compassion ,not blasphemies,hate, and rejecting Gods Word
this wicked ben Adam,
always seat on the back some christian,and insult,mock and use all kind of wickedness against this christian,
NOW HE ENTER THIS ABOMINABLE RANTS AGAINST YOU,
if you will respond to him,nice and calm?
you will in return receive from him hate, curse and venom,snake poison
Have blessed night madam
I quess,that none of you understand man who is behind posts named dr Shrink?
but for me?it doesn't matter what a people thinks about me,
none of those humans asked me if I have full fridge of food,or if I have paid bills.
ONLY MY GOD FATHER DOES KNOW THIS,AND HE NEVER LEAVE ME OR FORSAKE ME??
<SMILE>
Thank you for your counsel. Maybe Ben A. has a lower tolerance to his life experiences than others? So he releases the toxins here.

I care about you Dr.
I hope that your hardships are few- and that when you have them- lessons are learned and challenges grown through.

I get a little leary of posting because people at topix switch tactics and mood sometimes very quickly. It is easier to post to you when you show your true heart- though I do understand why and how you get frustrated with people on the thread.

God is The ULTIMATE provider of everything we have- in being grateful for the blessings we receive- we should give back blessings toward others. In this way- the world is improved and God gets the glory.
God bless you ~

Location hidden

#606376 Nov 9, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I will never regret finding topix~ Moments of it? Sure- but all in all it has been quite a growing experience.
Maturing is a choice- and many choose not to mature or bring anything worthwhile to the room. But like said- it is their choice.
Going out into the real world is a lot different ---when you realise that THIS type of persn is ALSO out there !! Ya' kinda never look at the outside world the same after spending time here~
It does alter our perceptions. It makes it harder to forget how much total strangers deal with in their own lives. Just as it can be easy to relegate someone to a faceless name on the Internet until we get to know them, it can be easy to dismiss someone in real life the same way

I used to think about it when driving. Someone cuts you off and it is almost like the first reaction is to only consider the act. Heck, we have become so disassociated with our fellow human beings that we now have a medical excuse for it called road rage. But who knows what problems that person may be dealing with. What things may be weighing heavy on their heart and mind?

It is much easier obviously to talk the talk. These are lessons that don't always come naturally to me. But a place like this, a glimpse into the minds of strangers, helps to serve as a reminder that life can be hard on anybody at any given time. And if we can look at a situation even a fraction more from a view other than our own, then we are one step closer as a people.

There will always be individual clashes. That is just life. But the labels and groups and walls that divide us in so many cases don't need to exist.

I always heard growing up how certain things build character. But it is not like by themselves they create a measurable difference. It is the cumulative effect coupled with time that slowly changes who we are. I would like to believe in their own small way, some of these interactions that started off with total strangers have helped to build tolerance and understanding.

It makes it harder to care. So much easier to put someone in a group. A Democrat. A Republican. A believer. An Unbeliever. A whiter person. A black person. A straight person. A gay person. Yet how many exceptions on here disprove the rule before people have to question the rule all together?

It's an interesting journey to say the least. One I also do not regret overall

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#606377 Nov 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality is nothing like your imagining.
If you say so

And sure everybody screws around. Some more than others. But you claim you aren't serious because there is nothing in here to be serious about. Yet you respond to serious or even just normal exchanges with trolling. And not just sometimes but pretty much all the time.

So I may not have any idea what your actual life is like. But I doubt there is a healthy explanation behind anybody who comes to the Internet to troll. Or are always 5 minutes away from a response or icon 24/7. Would someone happy really cede that much power over their emotions to a stranger? That is why stuff like this interests me. Not specifically what they do but rather why they do it.

In any event, I will let you get back to doing whatever it is you do

Location hidden

#606378 Nov 9, 2013
What would you change?

If you could change, what would it be?

The obvious thing for me would be my leg. That's the last thing I would change. It changed me and I'm good with that.

What would you change about yourself if you could?

Location hidden

#606379 Nov 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
(T) Peace
Ya. I'll go with that.
I have met some wonderful people hereabouts. Most of which I would never have given the slightest chance of me even being "decent" to. Over time you get to "know" them, and it all changes...and it has changed me in some ways...and I believe for the better.
I don't play well with others, and I don't like humans much(for my own reasons), but it is getting better. I am dropping the weapons and armor more and more. I am not all that different, and it actually feels pretty good to share love and compassion. It grows all on it's own given the chance.
Anyway, I get what you are saying...

Location hidden

#606380 Nov 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
What would you change?
If you could change, what would it be?
The obvious thing for me would be my leg. That's the last thing I would change. It changed me and I'm good with that.
What would you change about yourself if you could?
I think I would be content with you having your wish, and never having gone through all the things you have. That would be enough for me just to smile. Kills two birds with one stone sis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Bear Claw 80,976
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Big Al 701,794
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 40 min Choicerocks 10
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Prince of Darkness 448,427
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Prince of Darkness 995,845
Democrats Are Communists, Believe Me 2 hr America First 1
Tronald Dump's Fascist NAZI Coup d'Etat 12 hr Hallejula 8