Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#606305 Nov 9, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.
John 3:30
K-Love
He who?
John doesn't specifically name Jesus.

BTW, was John really a Baptist?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#606306 Nov 9, 2013
Jesus aint no Messiah wrote:
<quoted text>
You've just kicked yourself in the arse.
I never said that there wasn't Amun.
As you can see in the first lines that Amun, Amen and Amon are the same.
Again, let's go to the original post.
You responded with Amen.
I responded about the god Amen.
You tried to correct it by stating:
No, it's Amun...Ah-Moon, capische? Indicating by that comment that there was no such name as Amen.
Don't you think that I didn't know that Amun and Amen are one and the same?
You need to pay attention more closely, RivRed.
Atheist apologetics are a hoot.
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#606307 Nov 9, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know, friend, i never heard of the "eridu" so i suspect it's just another of the many counterfeits and sabotages from your pals.
you go with what you like and i'll go with what i do and maybe we'll bump into one and other on judgement day:)
Of course you never heard of the Eridu Genesis.
You're not allowed to.

On the contrary, Fife, it would be the Hebraic Genesis that was the counterfeit.

Stories stolen from texts that were written well over a thousand years earlier that were altered and adjusted to fit their culture.

You wanna know who Noah was?
Just familiarize yourself with Ziusudra and you'll have the answer.

About the Judgement day thing, your religion has you under its delusional power.
A power that puts scare tactics at its forefront.
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#606308 Nov 9, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Good afternoon one and all, I see the home fires are still burning bright.
Yes, that's because Jesus is coming soon.
The same soon as was stated to occur almost 2,000 years ago.

Soon so is predictable, isn't it?
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#606309 Nov 9, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
For the same reason any fictional character should love me, because I might want him to.
I'd personally prefer it if Thor loved me, turning water into wine might excite some people but I'll take a thunderstorm and magical hammer any day.
Jesus is a fictional character by the way, in case anyone missed the reference.
Apples are awesome as are eyes.
Now this is weird. About the turning water water into wine thing.
Recently I was celebrating my natal solar return day and my daughters gave me a funny card. They know that I like religious, political and everything else satire humor,lol, and gave me a card that read:

(Picture of cop pulling over a priest).

Cop: Reverend, have you been drinking?
Rev: Just water officer.
Cop: Then why do I smell wine?
Rev: Good Lord! He's done it again!

LOL

Just thought I'd mention it.
:D
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#606310 Nov 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, man. Let's please not get serious about jokes....
Otherwise, you'll REALLY mess this one up:
What's a redneck say after sex?
"Git offa me, dad. Yer crushin' ma smokes!"
LOL

here's one:

A gay guy was walking through a park with a midget under his arm and bumped into another gay guy and said, Hey! Do you wanna drag offa this one before I throw it away?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#606311 Nov 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, man. Let's please not get serious about jokes....
Otherwise, you'll REALLY mess this one up:
What's a redneck say after sex?
"Git offa me, dad. Yer crushin' ma smokes!"
Did you ever see the Simpsons episode where the hillbillys went to the races?

They were sittin in the infield in there pick up truck. The scene cuts to the truck box where there are two young hillbilly's makin out. The young feller wants to go farther but the young lass keeps pushin his arm away, until he finally says;

Whats wrong thelma?

She says: well, I guess i'm justa little nervous with your folks watchin us and all.

The camera cuts to the cab of the pickup where there is a man and a woman watching them intently and then cuts back to the two in the box when he says:

Now thelma, that shoudn't bother you, theys your parents too..........

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#606312 Nov 9, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
They were sittin in the infield in there pick up truck. The scene cuts to the truck box where there are two young hillbilly's makin out. The young feller wants to go farther but the young lass keeps pushin his arm away, until he finally says;
Whats wrong thelma?
She says: well, I guess i'm justa little nervous with your folks watchin us and all.
The camera cuts to the cab of the pickup where there is a man and a woman watching them intently and then cuts back to the two in the box when he says:
HAHA!!!

Oh, that's so gross, it's funny!
Chris Clearwater

Chicago, IL

#606317 Nov 9, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats wrong thelma?
Thats not right... But it is funny.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#606318 Nov 9, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>who told you this?
Told me this what?

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#606321 Nov 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. for me, the 'hell' question targets fear and stifles the ability to think logically. Instead of promoting understanding, even love, it's an appeal to fear-based emotions, a reward and punishment system ..
.. when anyone shuffles the deck and deals the fear card; they oppose freedom ..
Popped back into topix from my desktop..so I am still logged in as Agapao~
LOL- Maybe I alread responded to this as "Truths"--- but when I read it this time this is what came to mind:

Short version answer: Ya' gotta' be in it to win it (c:

Long Version:

Earthly parents warn us not to step into the road with out looking, not to eat rat poison...etc... It's becasue they love us--- not because they want to threaten us with death.

They simply love us enough to guide and counsel us out of harms way.... even if it means that we got a little afraid of the consequences if we don't listen

Yeah- it's just like that.

Further thought: How many kids touch a hot stove after being told "it's HOT DON'T TOUCH"~~~ probably most- because we have to see for ourselves that we are not being lied to~
It is human nature to not believe what we have not experienced...it is also human nature to not want to read the instructions on something because we think we know as much as the manufacturor and our pride stops us from seeking help....until we prove to ourselves that we can not do it. We also used to avoid a class at school becasue we knew we were in the wrong the day before and we don't want to hear about it.... or didn't do the rewrites of our homework...or didn't do the homework at al...

Human nature.
All forgivablle~ Repairable.... by examining our motives for protest- and submitting the question. "God are YOU for real ?" and "Do you want EVEN ME!?!??

XOXOXO

Location hidden

#606322 Nov 9, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>I need answer,not your question?

if you don't know what?
it means you have not clue if you are alive, or dead,or Zombie,or cyber lunatic
Thanks doc. I've often dreamt of getting a psychological profiling from your good self. Let me know when you've decided which of those wonderful choices I might be.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#606323 Nov 9, 2013
agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
Earthly parents warn us not to step into the road with out looking, not to eat rat poison...etc... It's becasue they love us--- not because they want to threaten us with death.....
Correct.

What do you think of a parent who takes a child that jay-walks and locks them in a closet and tortures them for the rest of their lives ?

That is what your deity does. THAT is the Hell you claim God made for every single human.

Location hidden

#606324 Nov 9, 2013
Cover your eyes-
Heres more to ponder~

Every thing that happens to us , has to go through God first-
the bad things are meant to strengthen our faith and grow us closer to the Lord as we submit to know that griefs are common to all man--
but
some people blame God rather than become empowered to overcome hardships.

~ everyone goes through hard times--- and some of the hard times are brought on by

our own wrong living---
verses hard times that are common to all man.

From David Jeremiah: Spiritual Warfare:
"As believers, we have been transferred from the kingdom of darkness to the Kingdom of
light with all the rights, privileges, and position that being a child of God entails.
The spiritual battle we fight involves a responsibility on our part to “put on” the spiritual
protection that God has provided for us. We can and will resist the enemy’s attempts to
“deceive”,“accuse”, and “cast doubt” when we stand firm against him by:
1. Being honest with God, ourselves and others as a prerequisite to all spiritual battle.
2. Responding to the truth that God shows us about His will for our lives – righteous
living.
3. A clear understanding of “the Gospel” and the habitual sharing of this message of
grace."

Location hidden

#606326 Nov 9, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
What do you think of a parent who takes a child that jay-walks and locks them in a closet and tortures them for the rest of their lives ?
That is what your deity does. THAT is the Hell you claim God made for every single human.
God doesn't do that~ Good try though (c:

The common sense rules of what NOT to do- are in place to protect us from others wrong doing~ and to protect us from ourselves.... so that we don't become so full of ourselves that others don't matter. Exactly the same as man made laws which we are not supposed to break ((((Duane)))))) But with consequences which go beyond our earthly body and into our futre as well. All brought on by our own choices in what we will do here on earth.

Awww man---but you know this (c:

“"None shall pass"”

There

#606328 Nov 9, 2013
agapaoHope wrote:
Every thing that happens to us , has to go through God first-...
Agreed!

God is Evil!

Location hidden

#606329 Nov 9, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>wonderful cure of your lost miserable retaded goodless wicked poor and morally fallen life,
just stop alcohol drink
stop smoking,use drugs, masturbate,or be f...by different male perverts,
stop curse,use BS language, and WITHOUT OF CEASING?

IS?
TO START PRAY WITH BROKEN AND CONTRITE HEART,PSALM 51;17

if you got guts, every night spread ashes on your head, tear down your night long dirty shirt,bend belly and knees before God,and
CRY FOR MERCY

this is first step to get perfect medications from Universal perfect doctor who is able to cure you properly-this doctor is God alone.
That's a bit extreme, how can I be godless when I am god? You didn't read the faery tale did you? It's ok, not many have.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#606333 Nov 9, 2013
agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't do that~ Good try though (c:
The common sense rules of what NOT to do- are in place to protect us from others wrong doing~ and to protect us from ourselves.... so that we don't become so full of ourselves that others don't matter. Exactly the same as man made laws which we are not supposed to break ((((Duane)))))) But with consequences which go beyond our earthly body and into our futre as well. All brought on by our own choices in what we will do here on earth.
Awww man---but you know this (c:
According to Christianity, God made Hell and all humans deserve Hell.

Thus God is as Evil as a parent who tortures their child for jaywalking.

Feel free to continue to defend Evil.

Location hidden

#606334 Nov 9, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>your imagination is retarded,and doesn't make you god at all,
you would be wife of ben Adam reincarnate jesus from 10 AD

But if you are god,
try to catch and enslave dr Shrink farts,

you are not able to do this, also you are not god,
only poor godless,abominable atheistic secular morality creature,living filthy immoral life,
fairy tale stories dr Shrink already read 500 years ago,during visitation of this earth from the moon,

you sound like polak
mija malutka pipko
Ew

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#606335 Nov 9, 2013
agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
Popped back into topix from my desktop..so I am still logged in as Agapao~
LOL- Maybe I alread responded to this as "Truths"--- but when I read it this time this is what came to mind:
Short version answer: Ya' gotta' be in it to win it (c:
Long Version:
Earthly parents warn us not to step into the road with out looking, not to eat rat poison...etc... It's becasue they love us--- not because they want to threaten us with death.
They simply love us enough to guide and counsel us out of harms way.... even if it means that we got a little afraid of the consequences if we don't listen
Yeah- it's just like that.
Further thought: How many kids touch a hot stove after being told "it's HOT DON'T TOUCH"~~~ probably most- because we have to see for ourselves that we are not being lied to~
It is human nature to not believe what we have not experienced...it is also human nature to not want to read the instructions on something because we think we know as much as the manufacturor and our pride stops us from seeking help....until we prove to ourselves that we can not do it. We also used to avoid a class at school becasue we knew we were in the wrong the day before and we don't want to hear about it.... or didn't do the rewrites of our homework...or didn't do the homework at al...
Human nature.
All forgivablle~ Repairable.... by examining our motives for protest- and submitting the question. "God are YOU for real ?" and "Do you want EVEN ME!?!??
XOXOXO
.. Mormons are not indoctrinated into the traditional hell-fire and damnation doctrine preached by most Christian churches ..

.. instead, there are different 'Degrees of Glory'..

.. having been raised in the Mormon faith, the very concept of an eternal hell would defy my religious indoctrination and current beliefs ..

.. for me, the threat of hell is odious, analogous to a child fearing his parent(s)..

.. sorry, we'll never agree on the concept of striking fear in someone's heart so they'll believe in a certain religious dogma. That's not how beliefs work ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Quivering Lip Lib... 86,805
Pray 4 Sleeping Libtard 2 Wake UP! 1 hr True 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Redeemed Jersey P... 996,391
I'm making a dating blog. Any advice? 4 hr jophet38 1
As a Kiev woman, is it ideal to date an America... 4 hr sofialuv 1
We have off world aliens/Grey's that look like ... 5 hr Mr Hutch 10
Global hit for topix.com for advertising 5 hr Mr Hutch 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr Wisdom of Ages 703,462