Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#605792 Nov 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll follow you to the ends of the earth, Ben.
*chuckles*
That was a quote from Jesus. Something Christians ignore.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#605793 Nov 5, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I already backslid.
I'll work on it.
For repentance say three "Hail Rivers" and submit yourself to HL for proper instruction in obedience.

<smile>

Now go, and sin no more!

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#605794 Nov 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless breakfast is included in the room rate, I go to the nearest breakfast joint and get the same thing for less than a quarter of the hotel price.
Sounds to me like the economy of those banana republics is highly dependent on rich tourists and visiting dignitaries.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#605795 Nov 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the hotels around here have a free breakfast bar and 24 hour free coffee. The rates are reasonable except during 'home games'.
Yep, and I should have mentioned, at Hampton Inns and Hilton Garden Inns, they have warm cookies and coffee in the afternoons. Embassy Suites also offers a great free breakfast, and a "Manager's Reception" in the evening with complimentary alcoholic drinks and light appetizers; and all rooms are suites.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#605796 Nov 5, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
And shall come to pass that before they call I will answer and while they are yet speaking I will hear.Isaiah 65:24
Hey LW,
Your post made me courious so I look this up.

Isaiah 65:17 ¶For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.
Matthew Henry’s Commentary:
17-25 In the grace and comfort believers have in and from Christ, we are to look for this new heaven and new earth. The former confusions, sins and miseries of the human race, shall be no more remembered or renewed. The approaching happy state of the church is described under a variety of images. He shall be thought to die in his youth, and for his sins, who only lives to the age of a hundred years. The event alone can determine what is meant; but it is plain that Christianity, if universal, would so do away violence and evil, as greatly to lengthen life. In those happy days, all God's people shall enjoy the fruit of their labours. Nor will children then be the trouble of their parents, or suffer trouble themselves. The evil dispositions of sinners shall be completely moritified; all shall live in harmony. Thus the church on earth shall be full of happiness, like heaven. This prophecy assures the servants of Christ, that the time approaches, wherein they shall be blessed with the undisturbed enjoyment of all that is needful for their happiness. As workers together with God, let us attend his ordinances, and obey his commands
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#605797 Nov 5, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. And a farewell to my sister. She and her husband are moving overseas after the new year.
I know you will miss them. How long are they going to be gone?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#605798 Nov 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post!
Thanks!
Thank you.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#605799 Nov 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be so kind to point out, in my post, where I said I thought it was "great" that the spa was diversified?
I made an observation that there were Europeans and Asians, yes.
But that's all.
But if you find something to the contrary, show me.
But show me what I said, not what you infer from what I said.
You have proved to have a very wild imagination.
Come on counselor, you really are going to try to parse words?

You clearly felt it was a positive and made a point to mention it

"Nobody wears anything. Great diversity--Asians and Europeans of all sorts."
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#605800 Nov 5, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a Gnostic like most Baptists and Fundamentalists.
So what ?
A billion Christians say you are going to Hell.
Coming from you, considering the way to talk to anyone who doesn’t agree with you, what you say doesn’t hurt. It’s just the same o same o. You just can’t seem be nice BA. It’s like you are incapable of it. Sad that.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#605801 Nov 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Francis Bacon.
you and River not even close, go way back, try again; way before the Middle Age :) bahhahahaaa

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#605802 Nov 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the details
"Nobody wears anything. Great diversity--Asians and Europeans of all sorts. Separate spas for each gender though, unfortunately."
You thought it was great that it was diversified
Why?
Why was it great the other naked men were from different ethnic backgrounds? Just a simple question really
I don't understand what the problem with nudity is. If I'm not mistaken, RR said he has never showered with other men. I find that unusual.

It's just skin.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#605803 Nov 5, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey LW,
Your post made me courious so I look this up.
Isaiah 65:17 ¶For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.
Matthew Henry’s Commentary:
17-25 In the grace and comfort believers have in and from Christ, we are to look for this new heaven and new earth. The former confusions, sins and miseries of the human race, shall be no more remembered or renewed. The approaching happy state of the church is described under a variety of images. He shall be thought to die in his youth, and for his sins, who only lives to the age of a hundred years. The event alone can determine what is meant; but it is plain that Christianity, if universal, would so do away violence and evil, as greatly to lengthen life. In those happy days, all God's people shall enjoy the fruit of their labours. Nor will children then be the trouble of their parents, or suffer trouble themselves. The evil dispositions of sinners shall be completely moritified; all shall live in harmony. Thus the church on earth shall be full of happiness, like heaven. This prophecy assures the servants of Christ, that the time approaches, wherein they shall be blessed with the undisturbed enjoyment of all that is needful for their happiness. As workers together with God, let us attend his ordinances, and obey his commands
ROFLMAO

An ignorant Christian apologist claiming that the Jews knew nothing of their own religion for the 5000 years they have been practicing.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#605804 Nov 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here. When Mrs RR & I first met, we didn't really have a place to live. We stayed at Motel 6 & Howard Johnson's a lot. Never paid more than $75.
River bites her tongue.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#605805 Nov 5, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
When you are right, you are right. I won't argue documented reality. <smile>

Redondo Beach, CA

#605806 Nov 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like the economy of those banana republics is highly dependent on rich tourists and visiting dignitaries.
Great Britain and China are hardly banana republics. But yes, absolutely tourism, especially high-end tourism and business travelers are a boon to those economies and others in Europe (France, Italy, Spain, etc.). Banana republics, as you call them (Central America, some Africa, some South America) also rely on tourism, but not the very high-end as in Europe.

And I didn't even mention the Middle Eastern visitors. In London, the Qatari Royal family takes up an entire floor at the posh Dorchester hotel for a month at a time. The "kids" park a couple of Bugatti Veyrons in front. They arrive in their 737 with a crew of about 20--even the crew stays at the high-end places. They shop at Harrod's, where an ostrich egg sells for about $100 (but it makes a huge omelet), and drive around in chauffered Rolls Royce Phantoms with their state flags on antennas sticking out of the hood. The Brits don't even make them get UK license plates. Spending a few thousand bucks for a dinner is nothing to these people--they have no concept of money.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#605807 Nov 5, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from you, considering the way to talk to anyone who doesn’t agree with you, what you say doesn’t hurt. It’s just the same o same o. You just can’t seem be nice BA. It’s like you are incapable of it. Sad that.
I don't care if some one agrees with my beliefs.
I just challenge the wmindless babbling and out-right lies in many of the posts you and other put here.

You want a place where you can lie all day long uncontested, go to church.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#605808 Nov 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
River bites her tongue.
I can do that for you. <grin>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#605809 Nov 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand what the problem with nudity is. If I'm not mistaken, RR said he has never showered with other men. I find that unusual.
It's just skin.
I don't get it either. Then again, I was raised by foreigners.
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#605810 Nov 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, and I should have mentioned, at Hampton Inns and Hilton Garden Inns, they have warm cookies and coffee in the afternoons. Embassy Suites also offers a great free breakfast, and a "Manager's Reception" in the evening with complimentary alcoholic drinks and light appetizers; and all rooms are suites.
And little Fridge in every room filed with Liquor, Candy , nuts... for a mid night snack.

Redondo Beach, CA

#605811 Nov 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on counselor, you really are going to try to parse words?
You clearly felt it was a positive and made a point to mention it
"Nobody wears anything. Great diversity--Asians and Europeans of all sorts."
Oh, I see the problem.

It's the fallacy of equivocation, the word "great."

When I said "great diversity," I meant great in its usual sense, the dictionary definition:

great
adjective
of an extent, amount, or intensity considerably above the normal or average.

There was great diversity, yes, considerable diversity, a large amount of diversity, people from all over the world, of different types. I didn't mean that it was great in the sense of being good subjectively. I meant to point out that there was a lot of diversity. Here we were, in Shanghai, and there were Germans, Spaniards, Filipinos, Chinese, Vietnamese, all in one hotel spa; something one doesn't see very often.

I hope that clears it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 29 min MUQ2 44,963
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 32 min MUQ2 442
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 56,061
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr trifecta1 971,801
the REAL REASON Ron Goldman was stabbed...64 TI... (Aug '15) 1 hr RiccardoFire 21
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr RoSesz 650,329
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 182,944
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Xcentric in Vidor 445,915
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Tue akon mason 70
More from around the web