|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
To me the difference is we are now in the 21 century.
The Crusades were a horror, but they stopped. There are factions of muslims today that are taught to kill the infidels. I know you'll say they are christian groups that hate, and your right, but they dont plot to kill, at least not on a scale like factions of muslims.
When I went to school we were at odds with Russia, but we weren't taught in school to kill them.
http://content.time.com/time/photogallery/0,2...
I just cant see christians banding together and going to war with our government or foreign governments..........
And that is the other very real part about it

Not only the association but the reasons used to justify the murder are still being taught and practiced. We are in two wars where people living here definitely must have family or friends that have been killed abroad that are from Iraq or Afghanistan.

The leader of this Mosque, knowing the political sensitivity of the situation and the victims involved, still decided to say the U.S. has spilled more blood than Al Qaeda.

It just adds to the reminder even more when there may be people who sympathize with the attacks a few blocks from where it happened.

And by no means am I claiming there must be or to suspect everyone. And you keep your fingers crossed and hope our security agencies can do their job. But there is no compelling reason to build a mosque at ground zero. And when people seen to be doing it just to say "f-you, I can so I will" and the U.S. is worse than a terrorist group, it just adds to controversy

Has this world really gone so crazy that it can't understand why it would be hard to have all those reminders right where a 3,000 people plus lots of children were murdered? Sometimes people don't have to apologize because they can't help feeling 100% politically correct all the time. Sometimes you give them a freaking pass and show some sensitivity and leave them their place to mourn their dead.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Show a single post where it was said all of Islam is to blame...
Not you, but most Americans do.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A couple more antacids ought to cure your ills.
And a deep breath.
Have you tried yoga?
River can help you to learn.
Well, not all of 'em.

He should also try Strunk & White - might help him with those pesky apostrophes.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you on psychoactive drugs again ?
.. have you been sneaking into my bathroom again ??..

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"It represents the majority of politicians in this country."
-BenAdam
Pot, meet kettle.
Maybe someday you will get sober.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
1. It's later. LOL
2. You seemed to be reversing your position by using one argument for Islam and and it's opposite for Christianity.
Simple question: Should the actions of Muslim individuals be used to judge Islam ?
You will see in at least 3 or 4 of my posts already that I have said NO

My argument has remained exactly the same

I even extended it to include examples of Christianity and personal examples about where I go to meetings so people can try to comprehend it isn't about opposing Islam to me, it is about having compassion for those in mourning

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree, The drawings and hand writing of beliefs on cave walls, rocks, hides, vases, ect ect thousands of years old. You need to got back to school and take up hand painting fool.
Are you getting stoned with RR, too ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
NOTE TO CATCHER: Final Edit Required
"You are probably one of those people that repeat there (their) jokes or try (tries) to explain them because they think someone didn't hear it (them) or didn't understand it (them)(.)"
.. is it time to clarify the pickle/cucumber issue ??..
Zoom

Right over your head again!

LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Good, agreed.
2. I disagree. A Mosque at ground zero and a Catholic Cathedral at Auschwitz would be seen as a similar insult by many regardless of the intention of the builders.
Whatever I guess

It makes no difference to me what other examples you want to use or if we agree on them so long as you understand the point

I personally would have used Salem but like I said, the actual example isn't what is important. It is that people understand it is about understanding that pain isn't always rationale and sometimes being technically right doesn't mean someone should do what they do

A cop could technically give anyone a speeding ticket for going a mile over the speed limit on the freeway and would be within his rights. But pretty much everybody would agree it is a jerk move

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>And that is the other very real part about it
Not only the association but the reasons used to justify the murder are still being taught and practiced. We are in two wars where people living here definitely must have family or friends that have been killed abroad that are from Iraq or Afghanistan.
The leader of this Mosque, knowing the political sensitivity of the situation and the victims involved, still decided to say the U.S. has spilled more blood than Al Qaeda.
It just adds to the reminder even more when there may be people who sympathize with the attacks a few blocks from where it happened.
And by no means am I claiming there must be or to suspect everyone. And you keep your fingers crossed and hope our security agencies can do their job. But there is no compelling reason to build a mosque at ground zero. And when people seen to be doing it just to say "f-you, I can so I will" and the U.S. is worse than a terrorist group, it just adds to controversy
Has this world really gone so crazy that it can't understand why it would be hard to have all those reminders right where a 3,000 people plus lots of children were murdered? Sometimes people don't have to apologize because they can't help feeling 100% politically correct all the time. Sometimes you give them a freaking pass and show some sensitivity and leave them their place to mourn their dead.
I agree, it could go anywhere, and it isnt alot to ask, and sure is understandble to anyone with a brain and anyone with any sort of compassion to go and take it elsewhere.

Atheists make a big deal about the 10 commandments in a government building or on public grounds but will defend this mosque with all they've got.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

<quoted text>...I know you'll say they are christian groups that hate, and your right, but they dont plot to kill, at least not on a scale like factions of muslims....
You need to learn about modern Africa. The horrors continue equally by Muslims and Christians across the continent.

Why do you have to lie for a religion you claim to not be a member of ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

<quoted text>
All I know is when that Florida Preacher burned the Korans, I would have hated to have been a tourist in the middle east at that time.........
Yeah.

And all the Christers who attacked me here for saying I burned Bibles couldn't understand why Muslims were offended over burning the Qur'an.

Doublefuckinstandardbullshit is all it is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

<quoted text>
I agree, it could go anywhere, and it isnt alot to ask, and sure is understandble to anyone with a brain and anyone with any sort of compassion to go and take it elsewhere.
Atheists make a big deal about the 10 commandments in a government building or on public grounds but will defend this mosque with all they've got.
Because they think it is a way to attack Christians for something

And to some, that is more important than caring about the families who go there to cry and mourn and remember their loved ones

I don't know why it still surprises me that people can't set aside their personal, petty agendas at least once in a while when its important enough

Anyway, good to see ya. It's been a while

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. have you been sneaking into my bathroom again ??..
I got lost. I was looking for your bedroom. LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You will see in at least 3 or 4 of my posts already that I have said NO
My argument has remained exactly the same
I even extended it to include examples of Christianity and personal examples about where I go to meetings so people can try to comprehend it isn't about opposing Islam to me, it is about having compassion for those in mourning
OK.

I think RR's posts are getting me confused.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever I guess
It makes no difference to me what other examples you want to use or if we agree on them so long as you understand the point
I personally would have used Salem but like I said, the actual example isn't what is important. It is that people understand it is about understanding that pain isn't always rationale and sometimes being technically right doesn't mean someone should do what they do
A cop could technically give anyone a speeding ticket for going a mile over the speed limit on the freeway and would be within his rights. But pretty much everybody would agree it is a jerk move
Agreed.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe someday you will get sober.
Yup.

When I die.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
And all the Christers who attacked me here for saying I burned Bibles couldn't understand why Muslims were offended over burning the Qur'an.
Doublefuckinstandardbullshit is all it is.
You burned Bibles?!?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

As I have said that I would have no problem if all the Churches burned to the ground, I feel the same about other religious structures.

Tear them down and put up homeless shelters and free clinics.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you getting stoned with RR, too ?
http://www.amazon.com/God-Brief-History-John-...

This does not fit your fancy take up basket weaving a woman's job.
Men like you can sc*w up a whole a lot of kids with your type of teachings.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

423 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 3 min Blk Star 25
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min curiouslu 720,171
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min RoSesz 532,413
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min Strength and Honor 172,262
Friends who want to share daily living experiences (Oct '11) 7 min Holy dr Shrink 8,191
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min number four 224,018
To protect our hair 34 min hair weaving 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Dr_Zorderz 256,380
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 5 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••