Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#605293 Nov 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And how often don't we hear right-wing politicians telling us that the U.S. is a "Christian nation"?
The church can make write and pass laws?

I thought we lived in a Republic not a theocracy

Oh wait we do!

That is something I would think a lawyer would be aware of

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#605294 Nov 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
"The lies we learn at our parents' knees are impossible to forget. Yet even those can be unlearned with education.""
now we're getting somewhere, patient #26!

let's explore what your parents made you do while on your knees.....

Location hidden

#605295 Nov 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That damned Satan, eh?
Up to his mischief again.
LOL

You are all over the place counselor

Its ok, you embarrassed yourself yesterday by exposing your racist views and dug yourself another hole. But you have dug dozens of holes for yourself in here from incorrect legal terminology to conflicting stories about what you do to funny stories about naked water activities with other men and how much you enjoyed the fact that the other naked men were from various ethnicity. It seems a little late in the game to be getting overly defensive now! Gravedigger have dug less holes than you.

:)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#605296 Nov 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Especially if the ones wanted to build it said something like "Pearl Harbor is minor compared to what the U.S. does"
There was a big daycare with small children in those towers. The victim's families have nothing to do with government. They don't see it as a tit-for-tat or look at it in global political terms. All they see is a tomb were their child was murdered. That pain never goes away. And i don't think someone who would make the point that the U.S. is worse than Al Qaeda gives a crap about their feelings. If that isn't the right spot to build, then times that by 1000 as far as this issue not being the one to make that statement about Al Qaeda over.
When I first heard about it, I actually felt people were giving into a knee-jerk reaction out of fear and prejudice against all Muslims and that was wrong. But the more and more I have thought about and learned about, I absolutely agree its wrong. And I don't care if some of the people who don't want them there simply hate Muslims. Again, not what the focus should be on. Bottom line is it is hard for the victims. And anybody demands to build there with two Mosques already within a 12 block radius should back off eve without having to be asked
blah

This kind of shit just pisses me off. It's political correctness at it's worst.

Location hidden

#605297 Nov 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That damned Satan, eh?
Up to his mischief again.
Yup. I fully believe that.

I also believe that people like you don't even know it's happening.

Truly sad.

Location hidden

#605298 Nov 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And how often don't we hear right-wing politicians telling us that the U.S. is a "Christian nation"?
America is a Christian nation.

So HL found a few stories of sinister crook Christian politicians.

So what?

Do you really think that represents the average American Christian?!

Location hidden

#605299 Nov 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
IMHO, It would be like building a Cathedral at Auschwitz. Very disrespectful.
Well, Hitler being a nut and using religion in his speeches as partial justification is really on him

The organization that would would be the parallel here IMO would be anything to do with the Nazi party. Heck, they jailed and killed priests for speaking out against them.

Although I would agree more with for example a place where 'witches' were thrown off a cliff in Salem.

But whatever the situation and whatever would be a direct correlation and reminder to the victims is something that common decency dictate to give them their space.

Sometimes technically being able to justify a situation doesn't make it right

Could I have justified going to those meetings where my friend's dad was? Sure

Can someone justify legally being allowed to build a mosque there? Sure

But why would they want to?

I just don't get people sometimes. It like they do things just because they can, even if they don't need to, and even if if it hurts others and there is no reason they need to do what they are doing or do it where they are doing it.

Its called sometimes thinking of others above ourselves

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#605300 Nov 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. when tax exempt 'religious' organizations like "C" Street charge 'Resident Politicians' 50% of the ongoing rate for lodging and include enmities like young female interns to turn their sheets, we have a problem ..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_Street_Center
r under the influence of organizations like "C" Street? Think about it
You don't like it that the female interns were maids?

Would it have been any better if the male interns were butlers?

Location hidden

#605301 Nov 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
blah
I know.

It is like people are so focused on their feigned moral indignation and the political correct thing to say that they forget to use common sense

These people lost loved ones by people dressed in Muslim Garb who murdered them in the name of the Muslim faith. To explain that hearing Muslim worship bells going off and seeing people in full garb going to a place where the leader says the U.S. has spilled more blood than Al Qaeda is completely unnecessary when there are two other mosques already 12 blocks away

Sorry the victims aren't robots and can't just use cold logic and compartmentalize every emotion as they go to visit the site their child was murdered. But maybe the onus shouldn't be on them. But people would push it on them just so they can act morally superior. It makes them feel good about themselves. How selfish and sad and petty that is.

Since when don't the feelings of parents whose children were murdered come first? It is not like what is being asked in respecting their space is such an imposition.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#605302 Nov 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Who called it the "U.S. headquarters of Al Qaeda"?
That is just pure ignorance. It has been made perfectly clear that most people are not claiming any link between this Mosque and the 9-11 attacks or the terrorist group. Although it was a very stupid thing to say in the midst of the controversy that the U.S. has spilled more blood that the terrorist group that wiped out the families of the victims considering the entire issue is the lack of sensitivity to the victims
Btw, how many poor blacks have you seen violently attacking people today because they said something they didn't like? You know all poor blacks are like right? Oh wait, look who I am asking. You are the one who thinks that is the case
And since violently attacking someone is justified (this coming from a 'lawyer' no less") for saying something you don't like, do you think Al Qaeda was justified in blowing up the twin towers? I'm just trying to get a gauge on how much violence is justifiable by you in response to not liking something
I was kidding about the Al Qaeda Headquarters.

San Francisco, CA

#605303 Nov 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The church can make write and pass laws?
I thought we lived in a Republic not a theocracy
Oh wait we do!
That is something I would think a lawyer would be aware of
I didn't say that a church can make, write and pass laws.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#605304 Nov 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
.. this political time bomb must be addressed and defused, the very character of the good-old U.S.A. and the constitution is at stake ..

.. true faith does not require political intervention nor does it need government subsidies. Our Founding Fathers would be appalled at the antics of religious lobbying organizations like "C" Street - trading votes for political clout ..

.. no Republic can endure when minority religions like Buddhism, Judaism, Islam or Hinduism are given a back seat on the trolley ..

.. in the past, our government has been neutral regarding religious matters, leaving belief or non-belief up to the individual, ensuring the right of every citizen to determine his/her own spiritual path or reject religion entirely ..

.. because of the separation of church and state, America has become a great nation. This constitutional principle is slowly being eroded by the matrimony of the Religious Right with greedy, power-hungry politicians ..

.. our Forefathers would cry ..

San Francisco, CA

#605305 Nov 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
blah
A couple more antacids ought to cure your ills.

And a deep breath.

Have you tried yoga?

River can help you to learn.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#605306 Nov 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You are completely missing the point
I didn't say anything close to suggesting everybody has good principles or that everybody adheres to them
But you are taking the actions of individuals and trying to blame religion
If you have a problem with what an individual does or did, take it up with the individual. Its not like they were acting on orders from a religious organization
And individuals can give discounts to whoever they want. Are you going to protest restaurant owners or donuts shop owners who give free coffee or donuts or discounts to police?
Its funny how people always complain about a lack of personal responsibility in this country but then want to shift the blame from individuals to any organization they can connect them to if it fits their agenda
And is the "religious right" a religion? No. Its political
When you have any examples of a religious organization oppressing the rights of individuals in this country, let me know. And since no religious organization has the power to oppress the rights of any individual, good luck finding an example
.. you didn't think about it, did you ??..

San Francisco, CA

#605307 Nov 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. I fully believe that.
I also believe that people like you don't even know it's happening.
Truly sad.
There you are, Skom.

Just what I said.

Do you believe that Satan is out there causing trouble too?

San Francisco, CA

#605308 Nov 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
America is a Christian nation.
So HL found a few stories of sinister crook Christian politicians.
So what?
Do you really think that represents the average American Christian?!
Pretty kooky, no?

Ya think it's that Satan fellow again, messing with the Christian politicians' minds?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#605309 Nov 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does that quite well on its own.
Yes Ben the Holy Bible has done quit well on it own for many thousands of years our time not God time frame.
The Holy Love the Bible and the Wicked Hate the Bible and yet it stands strong, brave, nonweavering, pure, shameless among mankind.
Yes, Ben we shall know them by their fuits.
The living word of God has saved many a sinner from his own self destruction.
The living word of God teaches love, compassion, peace of mind, contentment.
You are only a speck of a grasshopper man in this hugh universe and you did not the beginning and you will not know the end.

Location hidden

#605310 Nov 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you didn't think about it, did you ??..
About the nonsensical shifting of blame from the individual where it rightly belongs to an organization that had nothing to do with it?

No because that's stupid and there is nothing worth contemplating

Have you thought about the damage it does as far as perpetuation self-fulfilling prophesies and negative stereotypes onto the black community that is poor by glamorizing, and justifying physical violence in response to mere words?

Location hidden

#605311 Nov 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was kidding about the Al Qaeda Headquarters.
Well now you are just being dishonest

You may have said it in joke form from the implication was completely serious. You wanted to give the impression that anybody who opposes the mosque does so because they are bigots who think all Muslims are terrorists

It seems like perpetuating terrible stereotypes is kinda your thing

Location hidden

#605312 Nov 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that a church can make, write and pass laws.
Then your comment about how some people feel this is a Christian nation in support of a claim that religious oppresses people of this country was either just plain stupid or like your last post and meant to imply something without coming out and saying it directly

Since your M.O. is normally one of the two, I decided to play it safe and address it as if it was the latter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Eagle 12 227,742
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min AussieBobby 259,655
Enabling Telepathic Communication With-In One Mind 16 min Infinite Force 10
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min truth 543,043
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr curiouslu 740,070
Iranian teens convicted for making "happy video" 1 hr maid angela 2
virgin taker (Apr '13) 2 hr bouks 8
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr gangsxofxroses_andii 157
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr HipGnosis 173,812

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••