Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#605436 Nov 4, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, it could go anywhere, and it isnt alot to ask, and sure is understandble to anyone with a brain and anyone with any sort of compassion to go and take it elsewhere.
Atheists make a big deal about the 10 commandments in a government building or on public grounds but will defend this mosque with all they've got.
Because they think it is a way to attack Christians for something

And to some, that is more important than caring about the families who go there to cry and mourn and remember their loved ones

I don't know why it still surprises me that people can't set aside their personal, petty agendas at least once in a while when its important enough

Anyway, good to see ya. It's been a while

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#605437 Nov 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. have you been sneaking into my bathroom again ??..
I got lost. I was looking for your bedroom. LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#605439 Nov 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You will see in at least 3 or 4 of my posts already that I have said NO
My argument has remained exactly the same
I even extended it to include examples of Christianity and personal examples about where I go to meetings so people can try to comprehend it isn't about opposing Islam to me, it is about having compassion for those in mourning
OK.

I think RR's posts are getting me confused.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#605440 Nov 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever I guess
It makes no difference to me what other examples you want to use or if we agree on them so long as you understand the point
I personally would have used Salem but like I said, the actual example isn't what is important. It is that people understand it is about understanding that pain isn't always rationale and sometimes being technically right doesn't mean someone should do what they do
A cop could technically give anyone a speeding ticket for going a mile over the speed limit on the freeway and would be within his rights. But pretty much everybody would agree it is a jerk move
Agreed.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#605442 Nov 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe someday you will get sober.
Yup.

When I die.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605443 Nov 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
And all the Christers who attacked me here for saying I burned Bibles couldn't understand why Muslims were offended over burning the Qur'an.
Doublefuckinstandardbullshit is all it is.
You burned Bibles?!?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#605445 Nov 4, 2013
As I have said that I would have no problem if all the Churches burned to the ground, I feel the same about other religious structures.

Tear them down and put up homeless shelters and free clinics.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#605446 Nov 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you getting stoned with RR, too ?
http://www.amazon.com/God-Brief-History-John-...

This does not fit your fancy take up basket weaving a woman's job.
Men like you can sc*w up a whole a lot of kids with your type of teachings.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605448 Nov 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. perhaps you can help us develop a marketing plan ??..
.. we have high expectations for Conan ..
We'll have to create a website, edit a good trailer, create a Facebook account, set up an amazon account to sell the DVDs, rent some billboards and some TV spots.

What's the budget?

Location hidden

#605449 Nov 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
No problem

Sorry if I got impatient

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605450 Nov 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
OK.
Excellent.

My dastardly plan is in motion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605451 Nov 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
As I have said that I would have no problem if all the Churches burned to the ground, I feel the same about other religious structures.
Tear them down and put up homeless shelters and free clinics.
Wow man, you really gotta hatred for church.

You know that a lot of churches serve double duty as shelters?

Location hidden

#605453 Nov 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
:)

And its not like I think I am responsible for my friend dying when I hadn't hung out with him in years. And I could easily make the argument that it isn't fair that I shouldn't be able to go to my favorite meeting because something I had nothing to do with reminds someone of their dead son. I could even question the morality of it bothering someone that I am still alive when there son isn't because it reminds them of their loss. But I know it is not like he wants me dead or hates me or anything like that. He can't help that seeing me will remind him of his son.

So it doesn't bother me in the least. It is a small imposition at best for me to go somewhere else. And well worth it if it spares someone additional pain. Right and wrong, blame or innocence has nothing to do with it. It is simply a matter of letting compassion take precedence

(T) Peace

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#605454 Nov 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to learn about modern Africa. The horrors continue equally by Muslims and Christians across the continent.
Why do you have to lie for a religion you claim to not be a member of ?
You know, I'm trying to be nice, and you go to your childrens handbook right off the bat. GFY!!!

Location hidden

#605456 Nov 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow man, you really gotta hatred for church.
You know that a lot of churches serve double duty as shelters?
Mine does

Well, it actually using the adjacent school auditorium and sets up tables to serve food and has mattresses lined up on the floor. They do it certain days of the year or times in the winter when it gets too cold

I understand that sometimes people look at the cost that goes into building a church or things like that. But having that place and a common bond and a place to organize ends up more than making up for it.

Its is harder for an individual who wants to help in their community to just go out on their own and try to find a way to do it. And people get overwhelmed rather easily and just human nature will sometimes let our laziness get the best of us. So it is very beneficial to have a place that is set up and has organized charities and volunteers where people know they can go at certain times to help with specific things. Or they have something they can simply cut a check for. Because even though we always need more volunteers, without the money we couldn't do much. So it just streamlines the whole process. Many churches put a lot back into their communities

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#605457 Nov 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they think it is a way to attack Christians for something
And to some, that is more important than caring about the families who go there to cry and mourn and remember their loved ones
I don't know why it still surprises me that people can't set aside their personal, petty agendas at least once in a while when its important enough
Anyway, good to see ya. It's been a while
I dont get it either.....

Good seeing you also. Trying to stay away from this thread, and topix in general.

I made a few posts here tonight and what do you know, the same ole childish BS. I think I'll take another break from here again.

Location hidden

#605458 Nov 4, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont get it either.....
Good seeing you also. Trying to stay away from this thread, and topix in general.
I made a few posts here tonight and what do you know, the same ole childish BS. I think I'll take another break from here again.
I took quite a while off myself

At least 2-3 weeks. Maybe longer

I considered not coming back at all. Then tried to avoid anything negative. I even posted civil and thought out posts to a couple of people that reinforced they actually don't want a civil discussion so with those people I decided I would treat them accordingly.

I would say more but I know we understand each other

Hope you stick around but understand if you don't

(T) Peace

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#605459 Nov 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another embarrassingly bad post!
I realize you want to run to Catcher's defense but take your time place-mat. At least bring something that is half-way clever or entertaining. You are rushing it
:)
Have you ever read a novel?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605460 Nov 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine does
Well, it actually using the adjacent school auditorium and sets up tables to serve food and has mattresses lined up on the floor. They do it certain days of the year or times in the winter when it gets too cold
I understand that sometimes people look at the cost that goes into building a church or things like that. But having that place and a common bond and a place to organize ends up more than making up for it.
Its is harder for an individual who wants to help in their community to just go out on their own and try to find a way to do it. And people get overwhelmed rather easily and just human nature will sometimes let our laziness get the best of us. So it is very beneficial to have a place that is set up and has organized charities and volunteers where people know they can go at certain times to help with specific things. Or they have something they can simply cut a check for. Because even though we always need more volunteers, without the money we couldn't do much. So it just streamlines the whole process. Many churches put a lot back into their communities
Yup. I went to a church that took in volunteered foodstuffs every Sunday. They'd use it to help feed the poor & needy, all through volunteer work.

That same church, with my dad's help, feed a few thousand strangers out in Tanzania, Africa. It was a lot of work and a lot of money but knowing that they got supplies they desperately needed made us all feel good about helping about a person that we'd never know or could never thank us.

We liked it so much we did it three years in a row.

I think this is something these Topix atheists frequently forget.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#605461 Nov 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. I went to a church that took in volunteered foodstuffs every Sunday. They'd use it to help feed the poor & needy, all through volunteer work.
That same church, with my dad's help, feed a few thousand strangers out in Tanzania, Africa. It was a lot of work and a lot of money but knowing that they got supplies they desperately needed made us all feel good about helping about a person that we'd never know or could never thank us.
We liked it so much we did it three years in a row.
I think this is something these Topix atheists frequently forget.
Hey, I heard of that church and its "feed the monkeys" program.

A very Christian gesture, to be sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 32 min Bongo 92,755
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 55 min Michael 667,948
God has.......A-L-W-A-Y-S?!?!......EXISTED???!!! 1 hr Defeated Atheism 11
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Defeated Atheism 979,478
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 1 hr Mr About Town 8
Did O.J. toss murder into a Brentwood street g... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 27
The REAL TRUTH about TWA Flight 800 (Dec '15) 2 hr Doctor REALITY 11
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Brian_G 286,095
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web