Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#605374 Nov 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that a church can make, write and pass laws.
If by "church" one uses one of the many contradictory definitions of Christians, then YES! "the body of Christ" (as represented by all Christians) does in deed make laws in the USA and elsewhere.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#605375 Nov 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
It represent the majority of politicians in this country.
"Are the actions of a few individuals the fault of Islam?"

-BenAdam

Pot, meet kettle.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#605376 Nov 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. do you mind if I call you Conan instead of Steve ??..
<quoted text>
.. we're going to help you. Edit: too/two ..
.. could you add a bit of creative tension ??..
<quoted text>
.. WAHOOOOOOO!! That's it! Free association, a complete 'Stream of Consciousness'. Lean into it, add a few females from diverse ethnic backgrounds ..
.. this is beginning to take form, Conan. Good work ..
Conan, or Thing One as I call him (or is it Thing Two) should read Mrs. Dalloway (Virginia Woolf).

“"None shall pass"”

There

#605377 Nov 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Ben the Holy Bible has done quit well on it own for many thousands of years our time not God time frame.....
The Bible hasn't existed for more than 1700 years.

Why do you have to lie ? Is that what worshiping your deity is about ?

You might want to think about what you are worshiping.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605378 Nov 4, 2013
dandruff wrote:
<quoted text>
mister
Krokus music is from Russian group "krokus"in Moscow neo nazi,or white supremacy hard rock
all of you guys are cheap,funny,primitve, and not enough open eyes to see what is waht??
They're from Switzerland, not Russia.

Krokus is German for "crocus", a European flower.

They changed the spelling to have "rok" in the middle.

I can find nothing about them being white supremacists.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#605379 Nov 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Muslims should build a Mosque at "ground zero" ?
Are the actions of a few individuals the fault of Islam ?
Let's back a few hours when you agreed and understood. I really don't have the energy to do it all over again and the changing positions to try to defend sides because they need help gets tiresome

Ben said:

"OK. Good point.

Not even going to nitpick.... well, maybe later. <smile>"

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

"IMHO, It would be like building a Cathedral at Auschwitz. Very disrespectful."

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Nowhere, anywhere did I say it was the fault of Islam. In fact, I quite specifically said a few times that it was not but that the reminder when not necessary is insensitive. A point you understood until now for some reason

Location hidden

#605380 Nov 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the solution is to intentionally be politically incorrect.
Call it a manhole cover. Call it a manwich. Call them chairmen. Say Merry Christmas. Call it a blackboard. Etcetera.
Also, use satire to make fun of it(because it needs to be).
"And in a gutless act of political correctness,'Pizza Day' will now be known as 'Italian-American Sauced Bread Day.'"
- Principal Skinner, The Simpsons
I agree

At some point there needs to be a push-back against total nonsense and for people to say "enough"

Let the focus be on real things that need the focus

And let's stop apologizing for things that require no apology

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#605381 Nov 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now you are just talking about stuff that is way too serious
.. cumbersome sentence - requires a back-story ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly we need to first address the social injustice that is blackboards
.. AH! I get it: you're utilizing the cut-up writing technique ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why it is hard to blame people for their apathy when it comes to politics
.. the Deus ex machina! Very good ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know what the solution is as the nonsense seems to just be getting worse
.. a red herring ??..

Location hidden

#605382 Nov 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. do you mind if I call you Conan instead of Steve ??..
<quoted text>
.. we're going to help you. Edit: too/two ..
.. could you add a bit of creative tension ??..
<quoted text>
.. WAHOOOOOOO!! That's it! Free association, a complete 'Stream of Consciousness'. Lean into it, add a few females from diverse ethnic backgrounds ..
.. this is beginning to take form, Conan. Good work ..
I have no idea what you are talking about

When you try to be funny it comes off worse than when you try to be smart!

Read your post again. Just embarrassingly bad!

With Established Harem

#605383 Nov 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
I can't think of a more PC way of saying "gay orgy" than "diversified naked men and a sauna".
HA HA HA!!!
.. aren't you tracking the story ??..

.. it's gonna be a best-selling, pickles/cucumbers? et al ..

With Established Harem

#605384 Nov 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing One to Thing Two.
.. you rang ??..

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#605385 Nov 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost every President of the USA has made that claim at least once.
Well the US is predominately christian, while not being controlled by the church. But there is no denying the number of believers here. They are easily led.

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v36234596BY57bs6n

Location hidden

#605386 Nov 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no difference between Hitler and all the Popes authorizing the wholesale murder of innocents for over 1000 years.
Thus if you discount Hitler as non-christian then you must do the same for a lot of Popes and Cardinals.
I didn't discount Hitler as a non-Christian

But you tried to claim a church near the Holocaust site was an appropriate comparison when it wasn't. Hitler's reasons were mainly personal and political, believing the Jews were an inferior race. The theories range anywhere from his father was the illegitimate son a German woman to his mother was in the care of a Jewish woman when she died and many others. Only he probably knows fro sure. But to try to compare the Holocaust to 9-11 is just historically off despite whatever religious propaganda he may have tried to use in a speech to sell his ideas

It is why I used a better example such as the Salem With trials

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#605387 Nov 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
2 blocks is much closer than 12
The Pentagon is enclosed
It's not just the proximity. It is hearing the bells (which one can from 2 blocks away) and seeing people in full garb for the very reason used to murder when trying to go to a death site to mourn.
But you actually made the point even easier. They already have two more mosques 12 blocks away. There is absolutely no reason they need a third 2 blocks away. It is looking more and more like this is just a big middle finger from this group that wants to build there
And the Muslim behind wanting to build the mosque there says the U.S. has spilled more blood the Al Qaida...
"Yet he's also accused the U.S. of spilling more innocent blood than al-Qaida, the terrorist network that turned the World Trade Center, part of the Pentagon and four hijacked airplanes to apocalyptic rubble."
But he did also chastise his own religion for being in "some ways" behind the times
Yeah, nothing controversial or insensitive about this guy building a Mosque 2 blocks away
I said there were at least two mosques within 12 blocks.

One, the Manhattan Mosque, is within 5.

At which point does it become unacceptable to you to have a mosque?

There's already a Christian church within sight, and another, St. Nicholas, is in the planning stages.

I've not checked, but I'm sure that there are a coupla synagogues in the area, too.

Now, what would be acceptable to you? How about forbidding all religious establishments closer than, say, 13 blocks? I could live with that.

Location hidden

#605388 Nov 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. cumbersome sentence - requires a back-story ..
<quoted text>
.. AH! I get it: you're utilizing the cut-up writing technique ..
<quoted text>
.. the Deus ex machina! Very good ..
<quoted text>
.. a red herring ??..
Just another embarrassingly bad post!

I realize you want to run to Catcher's defense but take your time place-mat. At least bring something that is half-way clever or entertaining. You are rushing it

:)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#605389 Nov 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never been to a Mosque
Not even sure what goes on. I have never been to a Temple either
If i ever saw one is passing one day I might pop my head in just out of curiosity
I am pretty emotionally neutral about other faiths. This isn't a faith issue to me. If some idiot dressed up as Ronald McDonald claimed he murdered everybody in the name of McDonalds I would oppose building a McDonalds next door and having someone dressed up as Ronald McDonald outside honking his red rubber nose.
Its just common courtesy and basic human understanding IMO to acknowledge, even if through no fault of their own, the murders and their group are linked in people's minds. And that seeing them reminds the victims. So even though most people aren't blaming them. Perhaps they could use show some sensitivity and not crash funeral so-to-speak. Even more so if the person behind wabting to build the McDonalds was quoting as saying the U.S. has killed way more people than fast food
People are just people
Normally that can be a good thing. Sometimes it explains why people do stupid things. People are just people. And some people only think of themselves
I'm glad the place you go has been so nice and accepting. That is how it should be
(T) Peace
(T)
For one thing, there are no "bells".

You need to read more widely.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#605390 Nov 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it represents a corruption in our system, a religious component which cannot be ignored and it's bigger than you think ..
.. if you want America to remain a great county, you cannot ignore the dream of our Founding Fathers - a secular nation where every individual is free to choose his/her spiritual path. Again, truth faith does not require that everyone agree ..
.. creeping incrementalism has caused the downfall of many nations. When a Presidential Candidate (John McCain) says America is a Christian Nation, we're in trouble. Tell that to a Jew, Hindu, Muslim or Buddhist. Oh, he's also incorrect ..
I think some of them dream of a USA where blacks, Asians, Latinos, gays, Jews, Muslims and other non-Christians,'heretics' and other 'godless subhumans' are denied any rights....if not outright murdered en mass. Then a 'New Jerusalem' established with Biblical Law (AKA Shari) replacing the US Gov't.

In truth, they dream of nothing less than a 'White Christian' form of Iran.

Location hidden

#605391 Nov 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
I can't think of a more PC way of saying "gay orgy" than "diversified naked men and a sauna".
HA HA HA!!!
I try to class it up for Catcher. I have a feeling he like to think of himself as a more suave cucumber and lotion man. After all, he doesn't take showres and saunas with just naked white men. His 'tastes' are much more sophisticated than that. He gets naked men from multiple ethnicities before he drops his drawers

LOL

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605392 Nov 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. aren't you tracking the story ??..
.. it's gonna be a best-selling, pickles/cucumbers? et al ..
Lol

I'll wait for the movie.

Um....

With Established Harem

#605393 Nov 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Conan, or Thing One as I call him (or is it Thing Two) should read Mrs. Dalloway (Virginia Woolf).
.. SKOM is female ??..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 8 min Buck Crick 122
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Michael 665,298
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 31 min Clearwater 88,102
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min RiversideRedneck 977,280
News Medicare looms over Trump-Ryan alliance 1 hr discocrisco 1
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Peter Ross 549
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr LAWEST100 184,718
More from around the web