Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative.
When some ignorant poster writes stupid shit like this:
"Catcher1 wrote:
You are violent (you have shown this repeatedly, with a club, and babies and a wife even)."
I just gotsta check em.
Where he gets the "repeatedly" part is from his own mind.
Likewise, the "violence" toward women and babies is also from his own mind.
He exaggerates and tries to drive a wedge into anything he doesn't like.
It's topix atheist intellectual dishonesty at its finest.
That's not what I mean though bro. That's persecution, you are religiously persecuted and so are others I see that.

It's when you say things like the serpent thing , or indeed display beliefs in creationism as fact, you set yourself up to be the whipping boy. That's what I mean, but I don't agree with the people who try to make you into a bad person , you and several others in here are called names and made out to be monsters for your religious belief. I can't follow that, that's against my belief in freedom. But I can pick on you for some of those beliefs, but I will not vilify you for them.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it was ok.
But there's a stark difference between calling a select few a racist name like monkeys versus calling them all monkeys.

I wouldn't suggest you try it in the projects though.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"In a perfect world, masochists and sadists will live together in perfect harmony." - ME 1:38
Exactly!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm innocent :p
Hey BT! How's you?
You prolly won't wanna hear it sis, ta be real honest.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the difference between Manson and Hitler.
No sir. More like the difference between Dave Chapelle and Hitler.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that reading the Bible is dull.
I like books. I like the stories. David vs. Goliath is one of my favourites.
Imagine a King who fights his own battles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Of all the writing in the Bible why this one???

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That's not what I mean though bro. That's persecution, you are religiously persecuted and so are others I see that.
It's when you say things like the serpent thing , or indeed display beliefs in creationism as fact, you set yourself up to be the whipping boy. That's what I mean, but I don't agree with the people who try to make you into a bad person , you and several others in here are called names and made out to be monsters for your religious belief. I can't follow that, that's against my belief in freedom. But I can pick on you for some of those beliefs, but I will not vilify you for them.
Oh, that. Ok, thanks for the clarity.

I guess I'm the same as you, just the opposite side of the coin. When I see atheists out forth their opinion as fact, I gotta make them my "whipping boy", too.

I appreciate your sense of fairness and freedom, Aura. Let's go shooting sometime :)

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
I wouldn't suggest you try it in the projects though.
You know what's funny? More 'minorities' are comfortable with racist jokes than white folks are.

Look at the racist humor of Carlos Mencia, Dave Chapelle, Chris Rock & "Fluffy". White folks couldn't get away with that because too many white folks are so mother f_ckin uptight these days.

At work yesterday, this Hispanic dude I was working with was counting something. They were stacked in a pallet, 15 per row. We needed 70 of them. So he started counting, by row: 15, 30, 45, 60, 72. "We need to take off two", he said.

O_o

I LMAO and told him what he just did. You know what his response was? "Damn Mexicans!" We just laughed our asses off and kept on going. No racism, just racist humor, harmless humor. That's pretty much the extent of my racist side.

Ask River, she's a bad driver and all.

;)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
All goes to prove that Christianity hasn't done so.
A third of the population of the world for over 1000 years to do so.
No what I wrote does not prove a thing one way or the other. What I wrote was someone else opinion and that was all. On my part it was intended for food for thought or sharing.

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No sir. More like the difference between Dave Chapelle and Hitler.
Manson thinks he's justified, too.

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
No what I wrote does not prove a thing one way or the other. What I wrote was someone else opinion and that was all. On my part it was intended for food for thought or sharing.
OK.

Let me rephrase.

The history of Christianity proves the author of that quote is wrong or that the author of that quote proves Christianity is wrong.

'Be wary of false prophets crying, "Peace! Peace!" when there is no peace.'

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
Manson thinks he's justified, too.
Does he?

I don't know, I never followed his story very much.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Edit
I see you were actually using Imhotep as an example of what real critics of the Bible do not do
But I still disagree with any universal claim that no critics critic of the Bible would ever rely on something he hasn't heavily scrutinized
In addition, that was never the point in contention.
The point was people take things they find, for example things they find on the Internet, and treat it like it is proven fact even if proffered as opinion because it is criticizing the Bible.
If someone wants to use things to try to discredit the Bible, then things like Wikipedia pages that have no references that can be simply the result of one person giving their opinion or an editorial blog or opinion posted on an internet site by one man should not be treated as fact and more than belief should be treated as fact
Yet often times it seems as long as someone can find something online by anybody, they will take it and run with it and other will regurgitate it and before one knows it, half of Topix that engages in this stuff is quoting it as fact like somehow the opinion has officially disproved something in the Bible
If it is an opinion or a conclusion someone is speculating on but can not prove, then it should be presented in just that light if trying to use it to disprove something
Still incorrect.

I was using Imhotep *and you* as examples of apologists running to the nearest website for material to support what you want to believe rather than digging for the best sources of info.

Critical scholars -- those who apply modern scholarly techniques for analysis of the texts -- do not rely on such material, whether believers or not.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether you consider the official doctrine silly has nothing to do with the subject and appears to be in there for no other reason than to be antagonistic.
Therefore I saw little reason to continue
Maybe you see no reason to continue because you now know from the part of my post you deleted that the material you dismissed in your earlier discussion with Scar comes from Raymond E. Brown who was, until his death about a decade ago, a practicing Catholic and one of the most widely respected scholars Catholicism produced in the last century.

Now, were I you, I'd be immersing myself in his best known book on the subject of the infancy narratives, The Birth of the Messiah.

That way you can find out how Brown, a Catholic scholar, wrestles with the reality that "the [Matthean and Lukan infancy narratives] are not only different -- they are contradictory".1

And if you manage the 750-page exposition before the holidays, you may be able to give yourself some enlightenment for Christmas.

1. Brown, Raymond E., The Birth of the Messiah, updated edition,(Yale University Press, New York, 1999) p. 36.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Do Do Cockodoo wrote:
<quoted text>
after reading your poor crap, I just release laud farts at you and you brain farts
Brain damage.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what's funny? More 'minorities' are comfortable with racist jokes than white folks are.
Look at the racist humor of Carlos Mencia, Dave Chapelle, Chris Rock & "Fluffy". White folks couldn't get away with that because too many white folks are so mother f_ckin uptight these days.
At work yesterday, this Hispanic dude I was working with was counting something. They were stacked in a pallet, 15 per row. We needed 70 of them. So he started counting, by row: 15, 30, 45, 60, 72. "We need to take off two", he said.
O_o
I LMAO and told him what he just did. You know what his response was? "Damn Mexicans!" We just laughed our asses off and kept on going. No racism, just racist humor, harmless humor. That's pretty much the extent of my racist side.
Ask River, she's a bad driver and all.
;)
Right.

Now go to the hood and tell some black guys that they're monkeys, tough guy.

That's what you did, in the safety of an anonymous internet thread.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
My gift to you Epi.
Happy Holidays
:-)
Have you seen my smile?
Thanks RT.....

You have a nice smile....Is that Mia in the Pic?...She is a Pretty lady

Happy Holidays to you too

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Now go to the hood and tell some black guys that they're monkeys, tough guy.
That's what you did, in the safety of an anonymous internet thread.
Catcher1 wrote:
go to the hood and tell some black guys
And you call *me* racist?!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And you call *me* racist?!
Yep.

And you admit it.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it was ok.
But there's a stark difference between calling a select few a racist name like monkeys versus calling them all monkeys.
No there isn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 578,461 - 578,480 of596,623
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

658 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 2 min RiccardoFire 36,113
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min USA Born 109,749
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min pusherman_ 680,865
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 512,325
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min RiccardoFire 89,606
Proof Jesus never existed (Aug '09) 6 min Doctor REALITY 12,239
The sad REALITY of being a gay atheist 8 min Doctor REALITY 12
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min number four 217,208
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 24 min Boomboompow 280
•••
•••
•••