Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#604899 Nov 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're good at hiding your implications, I'll give you that much.
Nope, I'm a 21st century Howard Cosell.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#604900 Nov 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to think such classifications of "white' or "black" etc... are meaningless, however, the rest of the world operates or designates a status for humans based upon those terms so, for the most part, we must operate within those terms.....
One must use the terms, albeit erroneous, that the ignorant masses use.

I declare myself of African descent on all legal documents. I prefer not to lie.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#604901 Nov 3, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Brasileira, no wiki required.
Mexico is in South America now? Did it move? Weird.
NO

Who said it was in South America? Is this kind of like how you saw a racial slur towards Catcher that never happened?

I specifically stated I knew it wasn't but people often confuse Mexican with Latin American

And being Brasileira makes you an expert on how many whites live in all the Latin American countries?

Not to mention, you also claimed you were a Christian until you felt someone insulted you on Facebook and now claim to be an Atheist. So I don't put a lot of stock in what you claim to be, especially if it would seemingly be to your advantage to say so

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604902 Nov 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am probably more fair-skinned than you are.
Be careful when you express certainty.
I had a dear African friend who was an albino.

Was she white or black ?

Location hidden

#604903 Nov 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't either, sadly, as we're seeing here on the thread.
I'll venture a guess here and I may be wrong, but it goes to reason that the Christians here also delineate into "White Christian", "Black Christian" etc. At least among themselves, whether privately or openly.
Crazy sauce.
??

You think people call themselves white Christians and black Christians?

And you think its wrong for people to take pride in their heritage so long as they don't think it denotes superiority over another?

And the only reason this conversation is taking place is because Catcher suggested someone try saying a negative racial term in the hood and see what happens and because he called someone white trash

Redondo Beach, CA

#604904 Nov 3, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
"And i know Catcher said he originally came from a South American country. South American countries are like Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Venezuela, Chile, etc. So he certainly is not white."
- Skombolis
To assume that Catcher is 'not white' because he came from a South American country is a racial slur and also very insulting and ignorant.
I also have three brothers, one looks like me, one has golden skin and dark blonde hair and one is lily white like my sister.
I lived in a ghetto, people were multi coloured, I didn't care, some were nice and some weren't.
Someone writing 'ghetto' does not imply the race of residents by the by, it can be interpreted that way by the reader though.
The ignorance of these guys is astounding. And this sort of bigotry is grounded on ignorance.

But that's what happens to people who live a completely provincial existence, in a vacuum, no experience, no passport, no understanding of geography or populations, no desire to travel outside their own country. Take RR, who has no interest in seeing Europe (!!!) because it's just filled with old stuff.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#604905 Nov 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You also refused to answer directly

You were asked if you were white

Not if you looked white or if you are fair-skinned or if other people think you are white. People can look white or be mistaken for white that are not Caucasian and do not identify themselves as Caucasian

Point to a single post before this one where you answer the question directly and say you are Caucasian (white)as in race not appearance.

I think you are so used to lying and being evasive that even when it comes to answering simple questions like are you Caucasian you, you can't bring yourself to be direct
I fall under Caucasian but only parts of me are actually white.

I'm a little embarrassed for you.

Redondo Beach, CA

#604906 Nov 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you aren't a brown furry type animal? lol
In the summer I get a little brown, but not too furry.

Location hidden

#604907 Nov 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

The hood is a bad place, where you don't want to be, simple as that.
Parse it any way you like; I know the hood very well, much better than you or Skom do.
And if a white guy goes there, and calls the residents "monkeys," he's cooked.
I lived in an abandoned apartment in a housing project counselor so don't try lecturing me about the hood because some of the clients you meet with with security all around happen to come from a bad area

And just because Die Hard shows someone getting attacked for wearing a racial slur doesn't mean all black people in a poor area are violent.

And while there is a correlation between crime and poverty, you certainly can not claim that if you go to any poor black area and say a racist word they will violently assault you

You are a huge racist and don't even know it. Although ironically, that is the case more often than not

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604908 Nov 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You said "the hood" which is the equivalent to a "ghetto"...
LOL

You have to stop hanging out with RR.

"hood" is short for neighborhood. There are many middle-class "hoods" that are predominately Afro-American.

"Ghetto" is a medieval term and is a ethnically seperated section of a city. In modern English we use the term "quarter" or "neighborhood" or "Little ____" as in "Little Italy" in NYC.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#604909 Nov 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>I don't either, sadly, as we're seeing here on the thread.

I'll venture a guess here and I may be wrong, but it goes to reason that the Christians here also delineate into "White Christian", "Black Christian" etc. At least among themselves, whether privately or openly.

Crazy sauce.
Yep but hey, look on the bright side, people read what 'christians' write and they wonder, that is a marvellous splendour.

Redondo Beach, CA

#604910 Nov 3, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
We do get quite a few South Americans here, you know. Mainly their parents were refugees from various dictators.
My son, who lives in Dubai, has a girlfriend.

She's Australian, of Argentine parents (but no dictator blood).

She's whiter than snow, by the way, so Skom and RR, you may breathe easy.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604911 Nov 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just perceptions, Scar. I'm half Chinese, half "white"(for lack of a better definition) but because I look Asian, the white part is disregarded. I don't see that changing.
Can I just use "pretty" to describe your appearance ?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#604912 Nov 3, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Yep.
You need to visit here more often.

But that's my opinion. I was wondering where you'd been, then I thought: "Oh, yeah,*the other place*"

Redondo Beach, CA

#604913 Nov 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, because the poor people in your neighborhood have a good sense of humor? You only work like 3 days a month:)
But that is interesting. If you slur rich people they will pour champagne on you. They won't attack you?
But if you go to a slum and say a racial slur, what exactly will happen according to you that will ensure someone doesn't feel like such a tough guy afterwards?
What?

Location hidden

#604914 Nov 3, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You have to stop hanging out with RR.
"hood" is short for neighborhood. There are many middle-class "hoods" that are predominately Afro-American.
"Ghetto" is a medieval term and is a ethnically seperated section of a city. In modern English we use the term "quarter" or "neighborhood" or "Little ____" as in "Little Italy" in NYC.
What is your point?

I know "hood" is street slang shortened for "neighborhood"

And it is usually said in conjunction with poorer areas.

You will never see someone from Beverly Hills say, yeah I grew up in the hood

You are over-thinking things G

Redondo Beach, CA

#604915 Nov 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You also refused to answer directly
You were asked if you were white
Not if you looked white or if you are fair-skinned or if other people think you are white. People can look white or be mistaken for white that are not Caucasian and do not identify themselves as Caucasian
Point to a single post before this one where you answer the question directly and say you are Caucasian (white)as in race not appearance.
I think you are so used to lying and being evasive that even when it comes to answering simple questions like are you Caucasian you, you can't bring yourself to be direct
I don't believe you. You are nutso.

I just told you I am white and Caucasian, and this is your reply?

Reread my post, dude, slowly and carefully this time.

Location hidden

#604916 Nov 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
??
You think people call themselves white Christians and black Christians?
And you think its wrong for people to take pride in their heritage so long as they don't think it denotes superiority over another?
And the only reason this conversation is taking place is because Catcher suggested someone try saying a negative racial term in the hood and see what happens and because he called someone white trash
I call my place "the hood" too, and it's sparsely populated here.

No, I just don't think there is a difference among humans. These lines or classifications we've created keep us divided.

That's all we are. Humans.

Location hidden

#604917 Nov 3, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep but hey, look on the bright side, people read what 'christians' write and they wonder, that is a marvellous splendour.
Yeah. Certainly.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#604918 Nov 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>NO

Who said it was in South America? Is this kind of like how you saw a racial slur towards Catcher that never happened?

I specifically stated I knew it wasn't but people often confuse Mexican with Latin American

And being Brasileira makes you an expert on how many whites live in all the Latin American countries?

Not to mention, you also claimed you were a Christian until you felt someone insulted you on Facebook and now claim to be an Atheist. So I don't put a lot of stock in what you claim to be, especially if it would seemingly be to your advantage to say so
This is the post I posted about;

"And i know Catcher said he originally came from a South American country. South American countries are like Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Venezuela, Chile, etc. So he certainly is not white."
-Skombolis

Frankly, I don't much care to entangle myself in one of your dishonest, flights of fancy 'debates', I only responded because I shudder to think of anyone having only your bits of racist misinformation espoused about my and Catcher's heritage.

Geography and genetics are clearly not your strong suit, perhaps you should consider sticking to faery tales.

Just a thought.

Peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min -KENTUCKY- 672,731
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Happy Lesbo 104,332
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Jehova Witness 981,087
------ POPE Francis **EXPOSED ------ 4 hr Patriot 2
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 6 hr Third eye blind 540
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 hr Jehova Witness 46,186
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 hr Jehova Witness 445,832
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 hr chazmo 286,296
More from around the web