Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#604829 Nov 3, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
My Opinion-Ben even within (SOME) of the church doctines lays the truth....
That is your opinion. It does not make it Truth.

That is the problem I see with most Christians, they are unable to tell the difference between Church opinions and the Truth.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604830 Nov 3, 2013
I would be more than happy to stop calling Christianity a religion of liars, idiots and lunatics if it weren't for the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#604831 Nov 3, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the heavenly hand job.
LOL
That is a whole lot better for you.
Keeps you safe from gals liked me.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#604832 Nov 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You use so many words to express so little thoughts.
And you use few words to evade answering legitimate questions

Why would you assume the Ghettos are filled with violent black men who would attack someone for using a racial slur more than any other place that had people of color?

Does poor equal immoral and violent to you?

I know some the plot of one of the Die Hard movies was to tape a sign on the guys back with a racial slur on the back and drop him off in a bad part of town. Is that where you got the idea?

Yippe ki yay

:)

Location hidden

#604833 Nov 3, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You say that a lot but all I read from you is repeating and defending Church doctrines.
I like you a lot LW but you are no Biblical scholar and are just a 'run of the mill' Christian just like millions of others.
Only claim I have made is that I am a sinner.
Tis nothing special about a nothing person.
Why do I have to keep reminding you of this.
No worry Ben one day ya shall wake up and find
me no more.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#604834 Nov 3, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
I would be more than happy to stop calling Christianity a religion of liars, idiots and lunatics if it weren't for the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
" I heard a man loudly exclaim, "I am a christian", then I watched him awhile and decided I would not be " - Oukah

Location hidden

#604835 Nov 3, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your opinion. It does not make it Truth.
That is the problem I see with most Christians, they are unable to tell the difference between Church opinions and the Truth.
As I see it Ben this is your self made problem with other peoples beliefs.

Location hidden

#604836 Nov 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be anonymous but I'm not a stranger, am I? I've shown you my picture. My face. My eyes, my smile.
When I insult somebody they know what I look like.
Scaritual has done it. Tide has done it. HFY has done it.
I know what they look like. That's important.
We'll probably never meet but at least we know that we are people and not just anonymous strangers.
I do agree that people should consider there is a real person on the other side of the screen name. It might improve how they talk to them

But I guess for me anyway, I just am not going to ever get too worked up over something someone says to me over a chat-room. I am much more likely to be annoyed by something said to someone else. But not anything said to me personally. I guess i normally just don't take the source that seriously either so that probably plays a role.

(T) Peace

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#604837 Nov 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>And you use few words to evade answering legitimate questions
Why would you assume the Ghettos are filled with violent black men who would attack someone for using a racial slur more than any other place that had people of color?
Does poor equal immoral and violent to you?
I know some the plot of one of the Die Hard movies was to tape a sign on the guys back with a racial slur on the back and drop him off in a bad part of town. Is that where you got the idea?
Yippe ki yay
:)
I don't assume that at all.

No.

I have not seen any of the Die Hard movies.

See?

I'm a very good question answerer.

And I don't need four long paragraphs to do it.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604838 Nov 3, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a whole lot better for you.
Keeps you safe from gals liked me.
LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604839 Nov 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
" I heard a man loudly exclaim, "I am a christian", then I watched him awhile and decided I would not be " - Oukah
Exactly!

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#604840 Nov 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I do agree that people should consider there is a real person on the other side of the screen name. It might improve how they talk to them
But I guess for me anyway, I just am not going to ever get too worked up over something someone says to me over a chat-room. I am much more likely to be annoyed by something said to someone else. But not anything said to me personally. I guess i normally just don't take the source that seriously either so that probably plays a role.
(T) Peace
Your long-running pissyfest with IANS shows otherwise.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604841 Nov 3, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
As I see it Ben this is your self made problem with other peoples beliefs.
No.

I have no problem with other people's beliefs.

I have a problem with other people telling their beliefs are the words of God.

Location hidden

#604842 Nov 3, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooo. I missed this.
And here I thought you didn't want to talk of Secret Mark.
But you really don't want my bibliography on Secret Mark.
[Please say, "Yes, Chess, yes I do!]
By the by, you posted a collection of quotes you culled from Shawn Eyer's most excellent article on scholars acting badly, mostly believers calling Morton Smith names rather than engaging in scholarship.
You hadn't read the articles from whence the quotes were culled (even had to ask me for a cite to one of them) and seem not to have recognized that Eyer was using them as examples of silliness.
In short, you did what you decry: You went to the nearest website with material you *thought* supported what you wanted to believe.
Unfortunately for you, the website you chose re-posted a scholarly article with Eyers making fun of the childish comments of believers early on commenting on Secret Mark and Morton Smith.
We had this conversation Chess. So one person thought it funny how over-the-top he considered the criticisms to be. That doesn't change the fact that many scholars disagree and disagree vehemently. Scholars you could only call "shills" and not explain why you said that. But I am not going to keep repeating the same things because you keep misrepresenting what happened. Go back and read the original exchange if you really think this hasn't already been discussed

You aren't a Christian and according to you, you never were one. I assumed you had beeb because I know you not being one put you on the outs with your father who is a preacher. But spending your whole life trying to disprove his religion is pretty silly for a grown man IMO. But it also explains why you react how you do to anyone who opposes what you say. You need the criticisms to be true. And that is fine. But I have no interest in discussing it with you.

Location hidden

#604843 Nov 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't assume that at all.
No.
I have not seen any of the Die Hard movies.
See?
I'm a very good question answerer.
And I don't need four long paragraphs to do it.
So if you don't assume it, why did you suggest he go to the 'ghetto' and use a racial slur and see what happens?

People don't suggest the best case scenario in this situations, they suggest the worst.

You wouldn't say, "go to a KKK rally and use a racial slur and see what happens"

You said the ghetto but you clearly felt that is where the reactions would be the most disproportionate. I am simply asking you why that is?

What you think would happen if he did that?

Location hidden

#604844 Nov 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

What's the difference in me calling three black guys monkeys to Catcher calling me white trash on numerous occasions?
There is none

And i know Catcher said he originally came from a South American country. South American countries are like Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Venezuela, Chile, etc. So he certainly is not white.

Location hidden

#604845 Nov 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your long-running pissyfest with IANS shows otherwise.
I know you would love nothing more than to get Ian's and I fighting again, as that is your nature.

But even with Ian's, it was done pretty much in fun. I would assume he enjoyed the challenge as well. How else would you explain how quickly we did a 180 and moved forward peacefully?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#604846 Nov 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
There is none
And i know Catcher said he originally came from a South American country. South American countries are like Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Venezuela, Chile, etc. So he certainly is not white.
The liberals have created a new race, White Hispanics.

LMAO

Whateverthefuck that is.....

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#604847 Nov 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
There is none
White Latin American
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Latin_Amer...

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#604848 Nov 3, 2013
Throughout Latin America people who are White identify with heritage from European settlers arriving in the Americas throughout the colonial and post-independence periods.

Many of the earliest settlers were Spanish and Portuguese, and after independence, Italians have led numerically among the millions of immigrants. The Spaniards and Portuguese round out the top three.

Notably large immigration occurred as well by Germans, Poles, Irish, British, French, Russians, Belgians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Ukrainians, Hungarians, Croats, Swiss, Greeks and other Europeans.

In at least some countries (primarily in Argentina and Brazil),the white population also includes Middle Easterners/Southwest Asians. Such persons of Middle Eastern descent are mostly of Lebanese Christian, Palestinian, and Syrian origin, but there are also Armenians, Jews, and others.

Composing about 33% or 36% of the population as of 2010 according to some sources, White Latin Americans constitute the largest racial-ethnic group in the region.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Latin_Amer...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Buck Crick 64,116
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min Toby 106,549
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Pad 654,127
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 43 min AussieBobby 281,885
What color will Taylor Swift's baby be? 2 hr Anonymous 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 45,246
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 3,818
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Lumatrix 973,845
More from around the web