“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#604789 Nov 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spanish does: canguro.
Si, si.

All our native animals have Aboriginal names, except the goanna. That's Spanish, a corruption of iguana.
http://walkaboutpark.com.au/index.php...

“True Blue”

New Holland

#604790 Nov 2, 2013
LuciFerr wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice.
Hi Luci!

“True Blue”

New Holland

#604791 Nov 2, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Racists rarely understand they are racists.
RR, is like a man who thinks committing a single murder is OK as long as you aren't a serial killer.
Good analogy. You know, maybe they believe that they really are the Master Race.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#604792 Nov 2, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you see no reason to continue because you now know from the part of my post you deleted that the material you dismissed in your earlier discussion with Scar comes from Raymond E. Brown who was, until his death about a decade ago, a practicing Catholic and one of the most widely respected scholars Catholicism produced in the last century.
Now, were I you, I'd be immersing myself in his best known book on the subject of the infancy narratives, The Birth of the Messiah.
That way you can find out how Brown, a Catholic scholar, wrestles with the reality that "the [Matthean and Lukan infancy narratives] are not only different -- they are contradictory".1
And if you manage the 750-page exposition before the holidays, you may be able to give yourself some enlightenment for Christmas.
1. Brown, Raymond E., The Birth of the Messiah, updated edition,(Yale University Press, New York, 1999) p. 36.
If you had read the exchanges prior between Scaritual and I you would have seen I already acknowledged Brown was a Catholic and scholar and also provided source material that showed his views were not accepted by a lot of other Catholic scholars. The reason I chose not to go further was for the exact reason I gave. Because you started your post looking to be antagonistic. So was your next post which tried to rehash an argument from a month ago for the third time. I gave you the last word on it and said i was done discussing it and apparently was wasn't enough as you then tried to bring it up twice more since then.

As for this:

"And if you manage the 750-page exposition before the holidays, you may be able to give yourself some enlightenment for Christmas"

I really am not too concerned about whether someone that quit the faith thinks I am in need of enlightenment

I also ignored your attempts to argue by getting involved in exchanges that had nothing to do with you asking why I characterized certain posters as trolls and also falsely accused me of doing so with a poster that I hadn't.

I have found with some people it better not to get into exchanges over opposing views. But I really don't have anything against you either. I just see no value in having future discussions with you. At least not at this point. So I will wish you well and go my own way. If you choose not to, that is your choice. I am comfortable with mine to disengage
truth

Lesmurdie, Australia

#604793 Nov 2, 2013
see all of us have mother or father

now
my anger not good no
i have reason as Tesla
poor Tesla with us

i don't know why people not love good who make beneficiary for all of us..
is that nice
nooooooooooooooooo
truth

Lesmurdie, Australia

#604794 Nov 2, 2013
who give cuko=dog
av av av..whats that mean
how you express yourself
avjajvju=I love you
Is that some sort of pronouncement?
must be

Location hidden

#604795 Nov 2, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Still incorrect.
I was using Imhotep *and you* as examples of apologists running to the nearest website for material to support what you want to believe rather than digging for the best sources of info.
Critical scholars -- those who apply modern scholarly techniques for analysis of the texts -- do not rely on such material, whether believers or not.
You had an opportunity to provide better sources and when I asked you, your response was you are not a library. And the nearest website that I used was a collection of scholars who disagreed. And since my only argument was that many scholars didn't agree, I showed just that

You then proceeded to dismiss most of the 10 scholars as "shills" and didn't give any reason for why you characterized them as such. So I take what you say about scholars with a grain of salt.

Perhaps after all these years you still are not as certain with your decision to leave as you would like to be? In any event, I am dusting off my sandals.

I responded to this and the last post because i felt you did not portray the situation accurately. But from here on out if i don't want to have to correct the record, it would seem that the easiest solution is simply to not get involved in the conversation with you in the first place. If future posts are not antagonistic, I may reconsider.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#604796 Nov 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Luci!
Hey Rosa! How are ya?

Location hidden

#604797 Nov 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to call me "white trash" again....
My fellow racist brother.
Catcher is not white and you are so the situations are exactly the same. Both people used a negative word/phrase based on race to describe a certain type of person within that race in a negative way based on their belief the person has acted in a way that warrants it

If I thought the moral 'outrage' was real I would ask people why the double-standard.

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#604798 Nov 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sarcastic and most is in jest, you are however one to take these exchanges far two seriously. However I am sometimes honest and sincere sometimes I put my opinion in. When I make silly jabs it is usually at logically contradictory thinking or fallacious thinking.
I'm merely telling you that RR puts himself right where he wants to be sometimes, but I do see people not treated fairly also. Some are criticized and outright harassed and accused of things in mean and derogatory ways , simply for being believers. I do not personally attack and call a person horrible for belief in god, but I do think some of the reasoning they use to justify this belief is ignorance.
Trust me I know when I am offensive abrasive and conflict with people, it happens. But this is never over belief in god, it is almost always from a conflict in person freedom, or stems from name calling. Pretty easy to get that started, but I am passionate about liberty personal freedom and people who call me names because conflicts there.
I suppose my questioning belief is quite offensive to some and they lash out in anger. Which incidentally is what you did when I called you a liar, at the time it was a joke that escalated into something worse because you took me far to seriously. Sometime we all just need to chill out..you know? I could dig up that first post and explain to you, but it is a far less important point to prove than to explain to you by simply saying. My silly comments
should be taken like satire, maybe you can't stomach it? If not then just ignore it.
But I can have honest and sincere dialog , if I choose too.
Like RR I choose to say what I want, and sometimes it's just way too complicated for you to understand I guess.
Its not so much that I take Topix too seriously but more so that I get bored with what I see as a lot of pointless and repetitive trolling

Topix is just words on a page. Short of something just beyond minimal basic human decency (like mocking the loss of a loved one or claiming someone abused their own children) I generally don't care too much about the specific content.

I mean sure, when I have never met you and your first post to me is calling me a liar when I hadn't, I would have no reason to think you were joking. And I have seen a lot of people claim they were kidding only after the accusation is disproved. But it didn't bother me as in upsetting me. But I did look for opportunities to battle it out, mostly with sarcasm or insults meant to also be humorous.

Anyway, I don't mind the one-on-one battles. But even on Topix, there should be some minimum standards.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#604799 Nov 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not so much that I take Topix too seriously but more so that I get bored with what I see as a lot of pointless and repetitive trolling
Topix is just words on a page. Short of something just beyond minimal basic human decency (like mocking the loss of a loved one or claiming someone abused their own children) I generally don't care too much about the specific content.
I mean sure, when I have never met you and your first post to me is calling me a liar when I hadn't, I would have no reason to think you were joking. And I have seen a lot of people claim they were kidding only after the accusation is disproved. But it didn't bother me as in upsetting me. But I did look for opportunities to battle it out, mostly with sarcasm or insults meant to also be humorous.
Anyway, I don't mind the one-on-one battles. But even on Topix, there should be some minimum standards.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix is just words on a page..
So is the Bible.

What makes you think those people are smarter than me?

Location hidden

#604800 Nov 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Now go to the hood and tell some black guys that they're monkeys, tough guy.
That's what you did, in the safety of an anonymous internet thread.
Why the hood?

Do you automatically assume any bad area is predominately poor, violent blacks?

If anything people in that demographic are probably much more desensitized to it as many of the systems they deal with are rife with institutional racism

Do you think being poor makes someone inherently less moral?

Tell ya what, go to an affluent predominately white neighborhood. find a high school or bar or bowling alley and start calling people "white trash"

See how well you do. You will see the "ghetto" and your stereotypes about the people in them have nothing to do with why someone might be offended or how they may react

It is still hard to fathom you are a defense attorney.

Catcher: "Your honor, my client only violently attacked the man because the man said something racist"

Judge: That doesn't matter counselor. Physical force can only be used in self-defense. Your client can't just beat up people who say things he doesn't like

Catcher" But you don't understand judge. My client is from the Ghetto. Everyone knows blacks from the ghetto are much more violent and likely to attack someone for saying something racist than blacks in a better financial situation

Why didn't you just say go to a predominately black neighborhood?

Location hidden

#604801 Nov 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So is the Bible.
What makes you think those people are smarter than me?
I am not following your logic

Topix is just words on a page from anonymous strangers as it relates to insults and therefore I think most of the time they can't harm someone unless that person gives the person that kind of power of them

On the other hand, some incredibly important things come as just words on a page. The Constitution, Supreme court rulings, famous quotes, etc. The medium in which a message is relayed has no bearing on the content.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#604802 Nov 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not following your logic
Topix is just words on a page from anonymous strangers as it relates to insults and therefore I think most of the time they can't harm someone unless that person gives the person that kind of power of them
On the other hand, some incredibly important things come as just words on a page. The Constitution, Supreme court rulings, famous quotes, etc. The medium in which a message is relayed has no bearing on the content.
I thought we weren't talking about content.

Did I misconstrue?

Location hidden

#604803 Nov 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought we weren't talking about content.
Did I misconstrue?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VUHmEvrta4AXX
We were talking about a specific type of content, such as insults and what should be a lack of an emotional investment in the author since it is an anonymous stranger. A stranger insulting someone online should carry little impact.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#604804 Nov 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>We were talking about a specific type of content, such as insults and what should be a lack of an emotional investment in the author since it is an anonymous stranger. A stranger insulting someone online should carry little impact.
I may be anonymous but I'm not a stranger, am I? I've shown you my picture. My face. My eyes, my smile.

When I insult somebody they know what I look like.

Scaritual has done it. Tide has done it. HFY has done it.

I know what they look like. That's important.

We'll probably never meet but at least we know that we are people and not just anonymous strangers.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#604805 Nov 3, 2013
Morning.....

It is SONday...

“The best sermons are lived,not preached.”

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#604806 Nov 3, 2013
Today's Prayer

God, please, please give me an insatiable desire and thirst for Jesus, for Your Word, my Savior. Open my eyes that I may see myself as You see me, that I may see and love others from Your viewpoint, that You would be the absolute center and guiding light of my life. Refresh my daily walk that I may walk with You in quiet places, in heavenly places, and throughout all of life into eternity. Thank You, God, my source of life and comfort and being. Bless You, Lord. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#604807 Nov 3, 2013
Verse for the Day....

For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man, in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

—Romans 8:3-4

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#604808 Nov 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that one's me.
Don't tell me we look like sisters. That would be weird. I'll ask my mom :)
Not really...I only saw a pic of Mia once....

Very Pretty RT....:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min truth 654,700
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Gabriel 974,087
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Joe Fortuna 65,130
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 7 min j4snowyfox69 47
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 42 min HipGnosis 183,231
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min Neville Thompson 281,983
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 48 min ImFree2Choose 2,611
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr T rules 863
More from around the web