Why Should Jesus Love Me?
dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#604461 Oct 31, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am unable to get Topix to accept Hebrew and Cyrillic characters.
The Roman alphabet is quite limiting.
buy print boards with all kind of printing characters on
Amazon.com
and don't Lie to all those low IQ eduacted posters

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#604462 Oct 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh
I can neither confirm nor deny
:)
Ignorance is bliss.

-Jack Daniels

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#604463 Oct 31, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree (or concur)
:-)
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it should be a fun holiday for kids....They enjoy it!
Yep Yep

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#604464 Oct 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody comes to my city too. The suburbs are very safe and generally have better candy and pretty much all the residents participate because we all know many of the neighbors with kids.
Once in a while you get the weird thing like groups of kids a little old for it or you will see a parent and not even the kid! Although could just be to make better time. Like the mom will be with the kid somewhere and the dad will be off by himself cause even in my neighborhood people are starting to shut down earlier. It used to be standard people would stay open till like 10pm. After all, by the time parents get in from work and showered and have a bite to eat it can be like 7pm.
Th sad thing is, the city I live in has some people with a lot of money and its old money and old ways of thinking. So in other words, they are racist. And since kids from the city are coming in for safety reasons, God-forbid we have black kids trying to enjoy Halloween in our city so people are shutting down earlier and earlier. Its almost like, quick get "our type of kids out quickly and then we can shut down before the black kids get here". And i know some people may be thinking,w ell times are tougher and people don't have the cash maybe to pay for candy for all the neighborhood kids and kids from other places. That could be the case in some areas. It isn't here. People are not exactly shy about expressing their motives unfortunately and money isn't an issue for most.
I love where i live for the parks and the safety and because I can take my God-child to a dozen different places from ice-skating to movies to the pool to puppet shows within a few minutes of each other and its all free. The school systems and the services, especially for children, just can't be beat. But every so often there are those days that make you not very proud to be a human being. This is going to sound very uncharitable and maybe even a little evil but I will glad when a certain segment of the population in my area has left this Earth. They are social dinosaurs and its time for something different
(T) Peace
I know the type you are speaking of- I find myself feeling anger at them- then I remmember to pray that God will help them see the error of their ways while they are still on the planet.
Your area does sound nice other thann that grouping. Isn't it funny in a way- THEY see other people as the low lives.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#604465 Oct 31, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I will welcome you any time, Whispers.
Thanks again Mac,long ago found you and I had a common interest and that was in music.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#604466 Oct 31, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
I lived in Sherburn, MN. in the early ninety's. I didnt go to church a whole lot but made it there once in awhile.
The parish preist was an older gent that i never got to know well, At most I shook his hand and smiled at him after a Mass.
His name was Father Halloran. I later moved away from Sherburn and had heard that Father Halloran had retired and later died.
About 6-7 years ago I was perusing through the religous section of a Barnes and Noble and found and interesting book on exorsism. I got a cup of coffee sat down at a table and opened it at random and started reading. Not long after I came across a section that mentioned Father Halloran I didnt think it was the same Father Halloran but eventually it said he was now preaching in Sherburn, MN.. I found it quite interesting and had wished I would have known that back then, but apparently father doesn't like talking about his experiences with exorcism any way, and i doubt i was gonna be the one to change his mind.
I didnt buy the book that day but had the intent of going back to get it later on sometime. I dont recall what the name of it was, but I never did go back to get it. But since then I've learned that Father Halloran was the assistant priest at the famous exorcism of Roland Doe of St Louis. The possessed child the movie The Exorcist was based on.
Just thought some may find that interesting on this day..........
Very interesting on any day ((((((Rider)))))))

Location hidden

#604467 Oct 31, 2013
Katie Miller wrote:
he doesn't.. look at me:(
Hello Katie;
I am lil whispers, and if he does not look at you.
Do not worry someday you shall find one that will
want to look at you for a lifetime. There is someone
for everyone.

Location hidden

#604468 Oct 31, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
excelent fat ugly face for haloween
Zip it Jerk, I Gave you a bar of lie soap for Halloween to wash hateful mouth.
You got bad stinking manners and your out of control.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#604469 Oct 31, 2013
Katie Miller wrote:
he doesn't.. look at me:(
He loves you (((((Katie))))))) He is also willing you to LOVE yourself. Accept that YOU matter!! YOU as is-
Draw closer to God so that He may give you what you are seeking.

If you would like- you can send me a message through that little envelope looking thing by my name- we can talk that wy if you would be more comfortable/

Deb~

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#604470 Oct 31, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a shame they never look into the religious origins and mythos that surrounds what they believe represents reality.
I find it strange that Jesus says simply, "Believe in Me." then Christianity contradicts Him saying that isn't enough.

It is a major reason why I reject the religion.

I have little problem believing in Jesus, I have a very hard time believing in a religion that IMHO makes a mockery of Him.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604471 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Most religious folks don't pay attention to made-up atheist beliefs...
Just sayin'
As opposed to your made-up Catholic beliefs.

<face palm>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604472 Oct 31, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
ben - "Notthin in Isaiah is about a Messiah"
the above statement of yours says it all for me - i have absolutely zero respect for your understanding of the Bible and therefore i reject everything you say about it and/or God.
You have zero respect for anything but your own ego.

You prove daily you know nothing of the Bible.

You prove daily you don't believe a single thing Jesus taught.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604473 Oct 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. I'll be knocking on your door at about 6:00 tonight ..
.. did I ever tell you I attended the University of Arizona ??
http://www.partycity.com/product/adult+wildca...
.. trick or treat ??..
<jaw drops>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604474 Oct 31, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Epi, He was discharged this afternoon after several days in hospital. Thank you for the prayers and thoughts. Thank you for keeping the candle burning for us both. God bless you always loveya lil whispers.
Glad to hear it.

Keep the faith!

<hugs>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604475 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
BenAdam wrote:
1. Because we have teh Hebrew manuscripts from 200 BC that prove it.
2. That is Catholic myth. It never happened. The Septuagint was an unauthorized and poorly translated Greek copy of the Hebrew Scriptures.
3. Because I am smarter than 70 Rabbis that never existed.
---
So which of the three have the "archaeological and historical findings" found to be accurate?
I take that comment as you do not wish to learn.

I don't waste time on class clowns. All the do is steal the education from the others.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604476 Oct 31, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
***SPECIAL PERSON/LESBO ALERT****
(and to think that 'they' try to tell 'us' not to make a deal of it- humph!)
Huh?

You are a lesbian now ?

Are you a human or a cichlid ?

Location hidden

#604477 Oct 31, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to hear it.
Keep the faith!
<hugs>
Thanks Ben.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604478 Oct 31, 2013
Jesus aint no Messiah wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, ben, I agree.
They were 2 gods who many times were at odds with each other even though they are both papa & son...lol.
Like you've stated it seems as if the god EL just faded away with its 10 tribes when the northern kingdom was dispersed leaving Judea with its 2 tribes in charge of the Levant, well at least for the next 100+ years or so.
The poster RivRed stated to me that you claimed that the gods EL and Yhwh are one and the same vs. my claim that they were separate deities and why I haven't posed an argument on that point.
So thanks again for your pov.
Btw, I enjoy reading many of your comments...
Thank you.

I find it very disheartening that atheists know more about Christianity than the people who believe it is the Word of God.

In all honesty, if I believed it was the Word of God I would spend every waking moment trying to memorize it instead of taking some preacher's paltry sermons on Sundays.

That "believers" appear to not be interested indicates to me that are far from "believers".

It seems to me, that I study it because I am more a believer than 'believers'.

Does that make sense to you ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604479 Oct 31, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The comment I made was a broad and general statement.
It goes much further than those three comments BenAdam mentioned.
Such as the Judaic messianic prophecies not being fulfilled, for instance, the books of Job and Daniel and many portions of Psalms being taken from previously existing cultural mythologies. Polytheism persisting within Judaism until after the Babylonian exile, etc...
Even the "triune" is disputed as authentic, by Christians. Your religion is a hodge podge of variations and "doctrines" and none are accepted by all Christians(except the core belief in the Jesus!).
But, we can look at those comments Ben gave.
1. Dead Sea Scrolls. The Masoretic texts are recognized as the "official" canon within Judaism and in comparing the Septuagint and Masoretic texts to that found in the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Masoretic texts have been found to be the most accurate, with very little variation, often literally reflecting word for word, and almost verse for verse accuracy(only varying by a word or so).
The Septuagint is a "Christianized" version of Judaic texts.
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almah
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/search...
"The Greek word &#928;&#945;&#961; &#952;&#941;&#957; &#959;&#965; (parthenos) can mean either a young woman or a virgin. Therefore, &#928;&#945;&#961; &#952;&#941;&#957; &#959;&#965;((partheno s) can be found in the Septuagint to describe a woman who is clearly not a virgin. For example, in Genesis 34:2-4, Shechem raped Dinah, the daughter of the patriarch Jacob, yet the Septuagint refers to her as a parthenos after she had been defiled. The Bible reports that after Shechem had violated her,“his heart desired Dinah, and he loved the damsel (Sept. parthenos) and he spoke tenderly to the damsel (Sept. parthenos).” Clearly, Dinah was not a virgin after having been raped, and yet she was referred to as a parthenos, the very same word the Septuagint used to translate the Hebrew word alma in Isaiah.
Moreover, the Septuagint in our hands is not a Jewish document, but rather a Christian recension. The original Septuagint, translated some 2,200 years ago by 72 Jewish scholars, was a Greek translation of the Five Books of Moses alone, and is no longer in our hands. It therefore did not contain the Books of the Prophets or Writings of the Hebrew Bible such as Isaiah, from which it is asserted Matthew quoted."
http://www.outreachjudaism.org/articles/septu...
Face it, the "virgin birth" was from the Hellenistic influence of the time and was a popular motif - not exclusive - to Christianity, and in existence - before - Christianity.
Even the Catholic Church admits that it was almost certainly a fabrication, along with the "genealogy" given for the Jesus!, too.
3. Name those 70 "Rabbis".
Also, if you'd like, I can provide more information concerning this topic, and go into other areas as well.
Thanks Scar. I concur.
I do not currently have the energy to respond at length to posts.

Thank you for doing so in my stead.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604480 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you're saying, that El was a name for a deity.
But what you're missing is that 'El' is a word from a language that is not English. It translates to 'God' in English.
That's all I'm saying.
In the native language New Guinea, the word "lamb" is translated as 'hairy pig' because their is no word for lamb.

Does that make Jesus a hairy pig ?

Translations are notoriously error prone. That is why Judaism rejects all but the Hebrew Language Scriptures from 200 BC as inspired.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Robert F 650,339
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 6 min andet1987 2,333
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Catcher1 56,071
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 27 min Classic 3,732
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 1 hr Brian_G 37
Washing machines are a waste of water and energy 1 hr Just Think 3
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 44,965
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 2 hr kobechi3 71
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr trifecta1 971,800
More from around the web