Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#604431 Oct 31, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Please keep Little Whispers in Prayer or Good thoughts sent her way....
There is a Family member in the hospital
Later Everyone
Done...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#604432 Oct 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard that the shortest poem written is:
No?
Oh.
Hehehe.
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#604433 Oct 31, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
true Jesus doesn't need to be defendent ?
before whom we have to defend Him?
No
True Jesus and Bible doesn't need humans to deffend Him and His Kingdom,
Then you have my permission to leave this forum and go moon-bound.

Location hidden

#604434 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's probably a lot of Christians out there that don't like Halloween, and that's ok.
I believe we have explained it sufficiently enough so that there should be no problem with it on any front whatsoever.(thank you Skom and others).

Location hidden

#604435 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's true.
I'm obviously more of an introvert than you...
I reckon it's all in one's perception.
No one has lived the circumstance that formed those perceptions particular to your person(more of an introvert), so how could I(or anyone) possibly even make any assumption about the conclusions that brought you to where you are...except in what little we may relate...in all fairness...

Location hidden

#604436 Oct 31, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Hellenization is a helluva' thing.
It was a "cheezy" attempt by elite Greeks to affect society with what they learned in the ancient "School of Mysteries".

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#604437 Oct 31, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
I lived in Sherburn, MN. in the early ninety's. I didnt go to church a whole lot but made it there once in awhile.
The parish preist was an older gent that i never got to know well, At most I shook his hand and smiled at him after a Mass.
His name was Father Halloran. I later moved away from Sherburn and had heard that Father Halloran had retired and later died.
About 6-7 years ago I was perusing through the religous section of a Barnes and Noble and found and interesting book on exorsism. I got a cup of coffee sat down at a table and opened it at random and started reading. Not long after I came across a section that mentioned Father Halloran I didnt think it was the same Father Halloran but eventually it said he was now preaching in Sherburn, MN.. I found it quite interesting and had wished I would have known that back then, but apparently father doesn't like talking about his experiences with exorcism any way, and i doubt i was gonna be the one to change his mind.
I didnt buy the book that day but had the intent of going back to get it later on sometime. I dont recall what the name of it was, but I never did go back to get it. But since then I've learned that Father Halloran was the assistant priest at the famous exorcism of Roland Doe of St Louis. The possessed child the movie The Exorcist was based on.
Just thought some may find that interesting on this day..........
That is interesting Lar.....The Ghost Adventures guys (Zac Begins) went to the original house in St Louis.....Allthat happened in 1949....didn't it?

Location hidden

#604438 Oct 31, 2013
Happy Hauntings everyone..........
http://homes.yahoo.com/photos/11-real-haunted...
You too RS.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#604439 Oct 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE !!
.. will be making pit-stops tonight at the homes of all Christian females on this thread ..
Hi HL.....

No candy but we have Pumpkins cookies you can have...

Enjoy the evening

Location hidden

#604440 Oct 31, 2013
Our Pale Blue Dot.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wupToqz1e2gXX
:)
dandruff

Baltimore, MD

#604441 Oct 31, 2013
Jesus aint no Messiah wrote:
<quoted text>
And EL isn't God.
Nor Yhwh, nor Ba'al, nor Marduk, and so on.
No one knows even if there is or isn't a thing known as 'GOD'.
What we have are writings from myriad of cultures trying to define this/these unknown power/s.
To tribute a deity to a sole generator of physical and non-physical stuff is an unjustly doing.
Will we ever know?
Dam if I know...lol
you talk like fallen dandruff from donkey tail
dandruff

Baltimore, MD

#604442 Oct 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Then you have my permission to leave this forum and go moon-bound.
just now my raptured wife madam Pipke throw bucket of stinking old urines and bucket of s....on your permits, and your rat ugly old head -you have to now stinks horible,
dandruff

Baltimore, MD

#604443 Oct 31, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hehehe.
he he eheee,uh ha haaa

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#604444 Oct 31, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The comment I made was a broad and general statement.
It goes much further than those three comments BenAdam mentioned.
Such as the Judaic messianic prophecies not being fulfilled, for instance, the books of Job and Daniel and many portions of Psalms being taken from previously existing cultural mythologies. Polytheism persisting within Judaism until after the Babylonian exile, etc...
Even the "triune" is disputed as authentic, by Christians. Your religion is a hodge podge of variations and "doctrines" and none are accepted by all Christians(except the core belief in the Jesus!).
But, we can look at those comments Ben gave.
1. Dead Sea Scrolls. The Masoretic texts are recognized as the "official" canon within Judaism and in comparing the Septuagint and Masoretic texts to that found in the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Masoretic texts have been found to be the most accurate, with very little variation, often literally reflecting word for word, and almost verse for verse accuracy(only varying by a word or so).
The Septuagint is a "Christianized" version of Judaic texts.
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almah
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/search...
"The Greek word &#928;&#945;&#961; &#952;&#941;&#957; &#959;&#965; (parthenos) can mean either a young woman or a virgin. Therefore, &#928;&#945;&#961; &#952;&#941;&#957; &#959;&#965;((partheno s) can be found in the Septuagint to describe a woman who is clearly not a virgin. For example, in Genesis 34:2-4, Shechem raped Dinah, the daughter of the patriarch Jacob, yet the Septuagint refers to her as a parthenos after she had been defiled. The Bible reports that after Shechem had violated her,“his heart desired Dinah, and he loved the damsel (Sept. parthenos) and he spoke tenderly to the damsel (Sept. parthenos).” Clearly, Dinah was not a virgin after having been raped, and yet she was referred to as a parthenos, the very same word the Septuagint used to translate the Hebrew word alma in Isaiah.
Moreover, the Septuagint in our hands is not a Jewish document, but rather a Christian recension. The original Septuagint, translated some 2,200 years ago by 72 Jewish scholars, was a Greek translation of the Five Books of Moses alone, and is no longer in our hands. It therefore did not contain the Books of the Prophets or Writings of the Hebrew Bible such as Isaiah, from which it is asserted Matthew quoted."
http://www.outreachjudaism.org/articles/septu...
Face it, the "virgin birth" was from the Hellenistic influence of the time and was a popular motif - not exclusive - to Christianity, and in existence - before - Christianity.
Even the Catholic Church admits that it was almost certainly a fabrication, along with the "genealogy" given for the Jesus!, too.
3. Name those 70 "Rabbis".
Also, if you'd like, I can provide more information concerning this topic, and go into other areas as well.
Huh.

You say the Catholic Church admits that it [the Septuagint] was almost certainly a fabrication.

The Catholic Church calls it "invaluable".

"The Septuagint is the most ancient translation of the Old Testament and consequently is invaluable to critics for understanding and correcting the Hebrew text..."

http://www.catholic.org/encyclopedia/view.php...

I'll believe them on what they think about before you.

If'n ya don't mind.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604445 Oct 31, 2013
<quoted text>
And EL isn't God.
Nor Yhwh, nor Ba'al, nor Marduk, and so on.
No one knows even if there is or isn't a thing known as 'GOD'.
What we have are writings from myriad of cultures trying to define this/these unknown power/s.
To tribute a deity to a sole generator of physical and non-physical stuff is an unjustly doing.
Will we ever know?
Dam if I know...lol
I know what you're saying, that El was a name for a deity.

But what you're missing is that 'El' is a word from a language that is not English. It translates to 'God' in English.

That's all I'm saying.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604446 Oct 31, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>I believe we have explained it sufficiently enough so that there should be no problem with it on any front whatsoever.(thank you Skom and others).
Oh ya, I agree.

I was referring to Christians that aren't reading what we write here.

I know there "The Satan!" (thanks, scar) Christians out there that think Halloween is pure evil or some shit.

They juss a bunch I stoopid peeple.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604447 Oct 31, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I reckon it's all in one's perception.
No one has lived the circumstance that formed those perceptions particular to your person(more of an introvert), so how could I(or anyone) possibly even make any assumption about the conclusions that brought you to where you are...except in what little we may relate...in all fairness...
Good point. Maybe introvert is too harsh a word, one thing I'm not (or have ever been) is shy.

Maybe hermit is a more descriptive word for me.

Mrs RR calls our property "Alcatraz" and she loves it that the damn JW's can't come over n bug us lol.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#604448 Oct 31, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Done...
to who you are going to pray,
we all know you are atheistic reincarnated mummie of caligula gay lover,and you got not god at all,
maybe only few dessert cockroaches
remnant of 144000

Baltimore, MD

#604449 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh.
You say the Catholic Church admits that it [the Septuagint] was almost certainly a fabrication.
The Catholic Church calls it "invaluable".
"The Septuagint is the most ancient translation of the Old Testament and consequently is invaluable to critics for understanding and correcting the Hebrew text..."
http://www.catholic.org/encyclopedia/view.php...
I'll believe them on what they think about before you.
If'n ya don't mind.
sir
poster Scaritual post false links

LXX Septuagint was translated above 100 years before birth of Jesus Christ,
at this time existed not christianity,only jewish scholars writing and speaking greek koine language,

Septuagint for sure was read or quoted by Jesus around folks speaking not only semitic language,or synagouges.

be careful sir,all those false demonic internet links deceiving people as much as possible,
Invention of modern electronic global system is influenced by satan spirit of this air,
he is in most possible places where majority can hear Gods Word-also in Internet, news, radios,TV and potential churches and 38000 sects worldwide

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#604450 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I find it strange that you wrote a five word sentence that has four words in English and one word in a Semitic language...
Just mix it up more.
"On our lado is El."
There. I added Spanish into it.
When translating, one should not translate proper names, Riparian Heatrash.
<smile>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Bongo 92,122
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Phooey 667,498
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 41 min nanoanomaly 979,229
Australia First Live Social Media Wall (Apr '16) 1 hr Peace 2
Poll Is Breastfeeding in Public Indecent and Wrong (Dec '07) 2 hr Were just afraid 16,733
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Brian_G 285,929
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 4 hr Ronald 9
More from around the web