Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#604411 Oct 31, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Our Pale Blue Dot.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wupToqz1e2gXX
Hmmm.... Saint Sagan is saying that everyone lives on Earth.

Wise man...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#604412 Oct 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE !!
.. will be making pit-stops tonight at the homes of all Christian females on this thread ..
You get tired, stop by here.

I have beer.

The Borderland of Sol

#604413 Oct 31, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Epi, He was discharged this afternoon after several days in hospital. Thank you for the prayers and thoughts. Thank you for keeping the candle burning for us both. God bless you always loveya lil whispers.
Good.
One is pleased.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#604414 Oct 31, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You get tired, stop by here.
I have beer.
.. by chance, will Nymph be there ??..

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#604415 Oct 31, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Good.
One is pleased.
Thanks Mac. I have to back track to catch up on the post
but think I might just jump in and test the waters here.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#604416 Oct 31, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
When I lost one of my baby teeth, my nanny told me to put it under my pillow and the Tooth Fairy would come and trade me some money for it. In my little mind I called Bullshit but I went along with it. When I went to bed, instead of my tooth, I put a nice fat spider under my pillow. Guess who got busted?
As far as I know she never lied to me again.
is THAT how you got so much venom in your head?
j/k, friend!:)

btw - you didn't mention anything about being a lesbian in this post so i'm just wondering if you still are?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#604417 Oct 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE !!
.. will be making pit-stops tonight at the homes of all Christian females on this thread ..
***SPECIAL PERSON/LESBO ALERT****

(and to think that 'they' try to tell 'us' not to make a deal of it- humph!)

The Borderland of Sol

#604418 Oct 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. by chance, will Nymph be there ??..
Unlikely, other than virtually.
And, of course, in my heart.

The Borderland of Sol

#604419 Oct 31, 2013
That might be the shortest love poem in history.

The Borderland of Sol

#604420 Oct 31, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Mac. I have to back track to catch up on the post
but think I might just jump in and test the waters here.
I will welcome you any time, Whispers.
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#604421 Oct 31, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is that an unbiased academic would classify Christianity as Polytheistic, Islam as Dualistic and Judaism as semi-monotheistic to atheistic.
As for "El" it is the Northern (Israel) Kingdom's name for their chief deity while "YHWY" is the Southern (Judea) Kingdom's name for their chief deity.
After Judea conquered Israel, the two Scriptures and names got intermingled in the new Jewish Scriptures.
Thanks, ben, I agree.
They were 2 gods who many times were at odds with each other even though they are both papa & son...lol.

Like you've stated it seems as if the god EL just faded away with its 10 tribes when the northern kingdom was dispersed leaving Judea with its 2 tribes in charge of the Levant, well at least for the next 100+ years or so.

The poster RivRed stated to me that you claimed that the gods EL and Yhwh are one and the same vs. my claim that they were separate deities and why I haven't posed an argument on that point.

So thanks again for your pov.

Btw, I enjoy reading many of your comments...
:)
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#604422 Oct 31, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not sure what "system" you're talking about here.
my faith and hope is in a Person who's biographies/gospels are considered as meticulously preserved documents and the old testament follows the history of the Jews!
The system is the cult known as christianity.
Your claim that the gospels were meticulously preserved documents is utter crap!

The earliest preserved document is a very small papyri fragment of GosMark with only a several lines.

The preserved stuff are the writings that already have been tampered with.

In reality...you got nuttin' worthwhile.
endtimes

Marietta, GA

#604423 Oct 31, 2013

SEPT 2014 :---SIGNS of Tribulation "start"

http://youtu.be/xO_Sk9CzFkY

Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#604424 Oct 31, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF do you believe and why? aka - put up or i'll shut yur devils up for ya!
Ill-mannerism combined with ill-temperism just shows one how very unstable your stance is. Your foundation is built on a ever shifting fault line and in due time will collapse sucking it down the deep trenches with you in it.

My belief?
I'll give it to you in the infamous words of Joe Friday:
Facts, ma'am, just the Facts.

As for your juvenile imposed threats? LOL
Let's see who will be silenced.
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#604425 Oct 31, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
aks a demon sometime if they want to be bound and sent to the abyss before the judgement.....
You'd fit the demon's criteria and be the perfect candidate.
So I ask you:
Do you wanna be bound and sent into your own abyss and its judgement?

No response is necessary.
You've made your bed.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#604426 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
BenAdam wrote:
1. Because we have teh Hebrew manuscripts from 200 BC that prove it.
2. That is Catholic myth. It never happened. The Septuagint was an unauthorized and poorly translated Greek copy of the Hebrew Scriptures.
3. Because I am smarter than 70 Rabbis that never existed.
---
So which of the three have the "archaeological and historical findings" found to be accurate?
The comment I made was a broad and general statement.

It goes much further than those three comments BenAdam mentioned.

Such as the Judaic messianic prophecies not being fulfilled, for instance, the books of Job and Daniel and many portions of Psalms being taken from previously existing cultural mythologies. Polytheism persisting within Judaism until after the Babylonian exile, etc...

Even the "triune" is disputed as authentic, by Christians. Your religion is a hodge podge of variations and "doctrines" and none are accepted by all Christians(except the core belief in the Jesus!).

But, we can look at those comments Ben gave.

1. Dead Sea Scrolls. The Masoretic texts are recognized as the "official" canon within Judaism and in comparing the Septuagint and Masoretic texts to that found in the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Masoretic texts have been found to be the most accurate, with very little variation, often literally reflecting word for word, and almost verse for verse accuracy(only varying by a word or so).

The Septuagint is a "Christianized" version of Judaic texts.

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almah
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/search...

"The Greek word &#928;&#945;&#961; &#952;&#941;&#957; &#959;&#965; (parthenos) can mean either a young woman or a virgin. Therefore, &#928;&#945;&#961; &#952;&#941;&#957; &#959;&#965;((partheno s) can be found in the Septuagint to describe a woman who is clearly not a virgin. For example, in Genesis 34:2-4, Shechem raped Dinah, the daughter of the patriarch Jacob, yet the Septuagint refers to her as a parthenos after she had been defiled. The Bible reports that after Shechem had violated her,“his heart desired Dinah, and he loved the damsel (Sept. parthenos) and he spoke tenderly to the damsel (Sept. parthenos).” Clearly, Dinah was not a virgin after having been raped, and yet she was referred to as a parthenos, the very same word the Septuagint used to translate the Hebrew word alma in Isaiah.

Moreover, the Septuagint in our hands is not a Jewish document, but rather a Christian recension. The original Septuagint, translated some 2,200 years ago by 72 Jewish scholars, was a Greek translation of the Five Books of Moses alone, and is no longer in our hands. It therefore did not contain the Books of the Prophets or Writings of the Hebrew Bible such as Isaiah, from which it is asserted Matthew quoted."
http://www.outreachjudaism.org/articles/septu...

Face it, the "virgin birth" was from the Hellenistic influence of the time and was a popular motif - not exclusive - to Christianity, and in existence - before - Christianity.

Even the Catholic Church admits that it was almost certainly a fabrication, along with the "genealogy" given for the Jesus!, too.

3. Name those 70 "Rabbis".

Also, if you'd like, I can provide more information concerning this topic, and go into other areas as well.
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#604427 Oct 31, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
too bad - it seems that there's no Atonement for you then...
Your bed's on fire.

Since: Sep 10

Irvine, CA

#604428 Oct 31, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
That might be the shortest love poem in history.
I have heard that the shortest poem written is:

No?
Oh.
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#604429 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ready, could use the distraction.
God isn't El.
And EL isn't God.
Nor Yhwh, nor Ba'al, nor Marduk, and so on.

No one knows even if there is or isn't a thing known as 'GOD'.

What we have are writings from myriad of cultures trying to define this/these unknown power/s.

To tribute a deity to a sole generator of physical and non-physical stuff is an unjustly doing.

Will we ever know?
Dam if I know...lol

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#604431 Oct 31, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Please keep Little Whispers in Prayer or Good thoughts sent her way....
There is a Family member in the hospital
Later Everyone
Done...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Chess 99,513
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 9 min Tony 6,130
Gangs 17 min Jenn 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min kent 670,128
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min bad bob 184,221
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 25 min Allan 6224 454
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 1 hr Tony 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr AussieBobby 286,431
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 hr another viewer 980,031
More from around the web