Why Should Jesus Love Me?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#604363 Oct 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
No, I like it, I enjoy looking at all the interesting costumes, and the cute little kids.
Some are bold, others so shy.
Well, that's true.

I'm obviously more of an introvert than you...

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#604364 Oct 31, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s a good thing to do. Sometimes we have had members volunteer to pray about things at different times of the day. I like that too. You are welcome but Epiphany is more diligent than I am. I don’t always post them.
You posting them by Gods prompting works for me !!
(c:

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#604365 Oct 31, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
there such:"corporate prayers"doesn't exist before Gods throne,your friend poster is blind and laughable poor deceived christain by her church teachings Lies
what is this"corporate prayers" it is american business or idea to sell God their man made products?...
Not that you really care (yet) about learning more... but others might like to read this.
"Question: "Is corporate prayer important? Is corporate prayer more powerful than an individual praying alone?"
Answer: Corporate prayer is an important part of the life of the church, along with worship, sound doctrine, communion, and fellowship. The early church met regularly to learn the doctrine of the apostles, break bread, and pray together (Acts 2:42). When we pray together with other believers, the effects can be very positive. Corporate prayer edifies and unifies us as we share our common faith. The same Holy Spirit who dwells within each believer causes our hearts to rejoice as we hear praises to our Lord and Savior, knitting us together in a unique bond of fellowship found nowhere else in life.
To those who may be alone and struggling with life’s burdens, hearing others lift them up to the throne of grace can be a great encouragement. It also builds in us love and concern for others as we intercede for them. At the same time, corporate prayer will only be a reflection of the hearts of the individuals who participate. We are to come to God in humility (James 4:10), truth (Psalm 145:18), obedience (1 John 3:21-22), with thanksgiving (Philippians 4:6) and confidence (Hebrews 4:16). Sadly, corporate prayer can also become a platform for those whose words are directed not to God, but to their hearers. Jesus warned against such behavior in Matthew 6:5-8 where he exhorts us not to be showy, long-winded, or hypocritical in our prayers, but to pray secretly in our own rooms in order to avoid the temptation of using prayer hypocritically.
...group prayer becomes mainly an occasion to recite a list of our wants. Biblical prayers, however, are multi-faceted, encompassing the whole of the desire to enter into conscious and intimate communion with our holy, perfect, and righteous God. That such a God would bend an ear to His creatures causes praise and adoration to pour forth in abundance (Psalm 27:4; 63:1-8), produces heartfelt repentance and confession (Psalm 51; Luke 18:9-14), generates an outpouring of gratitude and thanksgiving (Philippians 4:6; Colossians 1:12), and creates sincere intercessory pleas on behalf of others (2 Thessalonians 1:11; 2:16).
Prayer, then, is cooperating with God to bring about His plan, not trying to bend Him to our will. As we abandon our own desires in submission to the One who knows our circumstances far better than we ever could and who “knows what you need before you ask”(Matthew 6:8), our prayers reach their highest level. Prayers offered in submission to the Divine will, therefore, are always answered positively, whether offered by one person or a thousand."
Recommended Resources: Prayer, The Great Adventure by David Jeremiah
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/corporate-prayer.... ;

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#604366 Oct 31, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
there such:"corporate prayers"doesn't exist before Gods throne,your friend poster is blind and laughable poor deceived christain by her church teachings Lies
what is this"corporate prayers" it is american business or idea to sell God their man made products?
you christians are incerdible funny, and jerks
also : from same source:
"The idea that corporate prayers are more likely to move the hand of God comes largely from a misinterpretation of Matthew 18:19-20,“Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.” These verses come from a larger passage which addresses the procedures to be followed in the case of church discipline of a sinning member. To interpret them as promising believers a blank check for anything they might agree to ask God for, no matter how sinful or foolish, not only does not fit the context of church discipline, but it denies the rest of Scripture, especially the sovereignty of God.
In addition, to believe that when “two or three are gathered” to pray, some kind of magical power boost is automatically applied to our prayers is not biblically supportable. Of course Jesus is present when two or three pray, but He is equally present when one believer prays alone, even if that person is separated from others by thousands of miles. Corporate prayer is important because it creates unity (John 17:22-23), and is a key aspect of believers’ encouraging one another (1 Thessalonians 5:11) and spurring one another on to love and good deeds (Hebrews 10:24)."

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#604367 Oct 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Question for Christians here: Do you acknowledge/participate in Halloween? I have heard people say it's a pagan thing, and I thought some people would think it's heretical.
On the other hand, it has morphed in our culture into one more holiday to celebrate, and the costumes and graveyard scary/humor make it kind of cool.
So. Halloween, yes or no?
I view Halloween as fantasy- like The Wizard Of OZ -
and have participated since childhood. With the innocence of childhood which is able to be easily spooked by the creepiness- not twisted down to the level of the adult who allows the the wrong parts into their souls as a way of life.
dandruff

Baltimore, MD

#604368 Oct 31, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I use to wonder how you treated them?
I like it when you "share" what you have studied (without any negativity)....Respect can be built on that
he treat them like his own daughter,
he claim to be teacher,but is not able to correct word prufesir
Bible True Jehovah Laws

Baltimore, MD

#604369 Oct 31, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
also : from same source:
"The idea that corporate prayers are more likely to move the hand of God comes largely from a misinterpretation of Matthew 18:19-20,“Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.” These verses come from a larger passage which addresses the procedures to be followed in the case of church discipline of a sinning member. To interpret them as promising believers a blank check for anything they might agree to ask God for, no matter how sinful or foolish, not only does not fit the context of church discipline, but it denies the rest of Scripture, especially the sovereignty of God.
In addition, to believe that when “two or three are gathered” to pray, some kind of magical power boost is automatically applied to our prayers is not biblically supportable. Of course Jesus is present when two or three pray, but He is equally present when one believer prays alone, even if that person is separated from others by thousands of miles. Corporate prayer is important because it creates unity (John 17:22-23), and is a key aspect of believers’ encouraging one another (1 Thessalonians 5:11) and spurring one another on to love and good deeds (Hebrews 10:24)."
I don't interprate anything,
2 peter 1;20 clearly point that you got not any clue definition of prayer,not imaginary word english CORPORATE,
God is not american and in 200 more languages or slangs doesn't exist such word as you claim"corporate prayers" or even in Bible doesn't exist word that group of self appointed greedy priests are able to pray for those in need.

unity in heaven doesn't create phisical unity on this earth,
earthly unity create confussion,false doctrines, and doctrinal problems from leaders who claim to be better kingship authority than those for whom they pray

God accept single contrite and broken heart humans and their prayers Psalm 51;

Not leaders maniac who create unity and reap fat donations and money to their own pockets

any human idea without of complete faith and GRACE,is idea painted on sand, for sure ideas of men doesn't open .the way the truth and the gate to The Father of all Lights. John 14;6

sounding earthly exclude you to be child of God who is under eternal grace of Almighty God,

you belong to man church earthly ideas and you will never understand Universal(not english corporate bablings) true Worship of God
Bible True Jehovah Laws

Baltimore, MD

#604370 Oct 31, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I view Halloween as fantasy- like The Wizard Of OZ -
and have participated since childhood. With the innocence of childhood which is able to be easily spooked by the creepiness- not twisted down to the level of the adult who allows the the wrong parts into their souls as a way of life.
again you are earthly fantazy devil follower
halloween originate from ancient forests of Druids and Celtics who worshiped Gods devils,
and to get ready with them ,druids wear all kind of funny clothes to mislead demons from their lifes,
HALLOWEEN GLOBALY IS SATANIC WORSHIP,
not fantazy of women who is looking to justify her own evil doings and babling about fantazy,

in this crowd of masked demons your fantazy doesn't exist

today Halloowen is big money business and intesively worship Satan around the globe

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#604371 Oct 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In my neighborhood, we do get adults with pillowcases or huge bags, moving fast from house to house for efficient fill-up.
I do buy high-end treats, but they are for the kids. If that's running a tight ship, you are correct.
I wish I had YOUR picture, dude.
Give the adults cheap suckers... the little kids candy bars
( so the adults will take once they get home)
My 18 yr old has trick or treated every year- he has been over 6 ft tall since 13 yrs old and 6 ft3 since he was 15- He has a childlike love for life and for Halloween- al the teens in our town trick or treat (c: They like going to the next town over because it's 3 hrs.... our town is only ONE hr !

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#604372 Oct 31, 2013
Bible True Jehovah Laws wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't interprate anything,
2 peter 1;20 clearly point that you got not any clue definition of prayer,not imaginary word english CORPORATE,
God is not american and in 200 more languages or slangs doesn't exist such word as you claim"corporate prayers" or even in Bible doesn't exist word that group of self appointed greedy priests are able to pray for those in need.
unity in heaven doesn't create phisical unity on this earth,
earthly unity create confussion,false doctrines, and doctrinal problems from leaders who claim to be better kingship authority than those for whom they pray
God accept single contrite and broken heart humans and their prayers Psalm 51;
Not leaders maniac who create unity and reap fat donations and money to their own pockets
any human idea without of complete faith and GRACE,is idea painted on sand, for sure ideas of men doesn't open .the way the truth and the gate to The Father of all Lights. John 14;6
sounding earthly exclude you to be child of God who is under eternal grace of Almighty God,
you belong to man church earthly ideas and you will never understand Universal(not english corporate bablings) true Worship of God
Perhaps your bad attitude and a language barrier are the problem .

Corporate just means "together"

I agee that you have a different God- The God does not like us to act like you do . Repent and repair "YOU" friend.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#604373 Oct 31, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry, but the goat wasn't sufficient but only served as an example for the "Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world"
so i take it that you don't believe in biblical account of the virgin birth?
There is no mention of a Virgin Birth in the entire Hebrew Scriptures.

Where do you get this stuff ?

The animal sacrifices worked every year for 4000 years.
Was God lying to the Jews ?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604374 Oct 31, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably gets it from Matthew 1:23.

“The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son..."

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604375 Oct 31, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Jews still sacrifice animals, even some Catholics do, too. But they're not supposed to.

When people sacrificed animals, they were meant to see that blood. They were meant to see the blood and realize the cost of their actions, because of something selfish they did. The blood was meant to teach their heart about the cost of their sin.

Jesus changed that, His sacrifice changed a that.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#604377 Oct 31, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
the references throughout the entire Bible of the idea of the Messiah as Emannuell (God with us) are too numerous to provide and you obviously have ignored them thus far so what's the point of my trying to persuade you?

let's just say that you believe in an entirely different 'Jesus/God' than i do.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#604378 Oct 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In my neighborhood, we do get adults with pillowcases or huge bags, moving fast from house to house for efficient fill-up.
I do buy high-end treats, but they are for the kids. If that's running a tight ship, you are correct.
I wish I had YOUR picture, dude.
I have never paid much attention to the size of the bag or watched to see how fast they are moving from house to house. Some people just grab whatever type of sack they find. And some adults have to get to work or only have limited time for one reason or another but don't want their kid to get a bad haul so they try to move a little quicker. Or maybe by the time they got home from work there isn't much time, as like you said you turn your lights off at 7:30.

Pretty much the only standard 'rule' is one trip per house. And even then, what can do? Demand to see the contents of their bag or mark your candy so it can be seen under black-light? You are a liberal right? Someone may get ya for two pieces of candy or may be trying to get more candy overall than the 'average stash' but its a small price to pay to make sure all the rest of the kids get candy

Remember what I said about adults finding a way to suck all the fun out of stuff? LOL

If I came to your house you would probably have my picture. Along with my ID, a medical waiver for hypoglycemia, and a sworn oath at how many paces per second I can walk! Its just candy dude:)

I'm seriously laughing as I write this. It's all in good fun but your posts are making me chuckle. I just expected you to be more laid back about the whole thing. I may understand ya a little better now:)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604379 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably gets it from Matthew 1:23.
“The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son..."
Matthew is not a Hebrew Scripture and has a grave error in it's translation into Greek.

The Hebrew words is "almah" which simply means "young girl" nothing more.
The poor translation into Greek rendered it as "parthenos" which does indeed mean virgin. It is however a translation error over whihc much nonsense arose.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604380 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Jews still sacrifice animals, even some Catholics do, too. But they're not supposed to....
Correct. Judaism forbids sacrifice outside the Temple (more likely for profit than sanctity). The Samaritans (Israelites) and Muslims still perform Torah Sacrifices.

Note that Jewish dietary Laws are partly based on sacrificial procedures.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604381 Oct 31, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the references throughout the entire Bible of the idea of the Messiah as Emannuell (God with us) are too numerous to provide and you obviously have ignored them thus far so what's the point of my trying to persuade you?
let's just say that you believe in an entirely different 'Jesus/God' than i do.
I haven't ignored them. They simply do not exist in the Hebrew Scriptures.

BTW, "God With Us" was a Motto of the NAzis. Does that make them Messiahs ? <smile>

Location hidden

#604382 Oct 31, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Give the adults cheap suckers... the little kids candy bars
( so the adults will take once they get home)
My 18 yr old has trick or treated every year- he has been over 6 ft tall since 13 yrs old and 6 ft3 since he was 15- He has a childlike love for life and for Halloween- al the teens in our town trick or treat (c: They like going to the next town over because it's 3 hrs.... our town is only ONE hr !
Everybody comes to my city too. The suburbs are very safe and generally have better candy and pretty much all the residents participate because we all know many of the neighbors with kids.

Once in a while you get the weird thing like groups of kids a little old for it or you will see a parent and not even the kid! Although could just be to make better time. Like the mom will be with the kid somewhere and the dad will be off by himself cause even in my neighborhood people are starting to shut down earlier. It used to be standard people would stay open till like 10pm. After all, by the time parents get in from work and showered and have a bite to eat it can be like 7pm.

Th sad thing is, the city I live in has some people with a lot of money and its old money and old ways of thinking. So in other words, they are racist. And since kids from the city are coming in for safety reasons, God-forbid we have black kids trying to enjoy Halloween in our city so people are shutting down earlier and earlier. Its almost like, quick get "our type of kids out quickly and then we can shut down before the black kids get here". And i know some people may be thinking,w ell times are tougher and people don't have the cash maybe to pay for candy for all the neighborhood kids and kids from other places. That could be the case in some areas. It isn't here. People are not exactly shy about expressing their motives unfortunately and money isn't an issue for most.

I love where i live for the parks and the safety and because I can take my God-child to a dozen different places from ice-skating to movies to the pool to puppet shows within a few minutes of each other and its all free. The school systems and the services, especially for children, just can't be beat. But every so often there are those days that make you not very proud to be a human being. This is going to sound very uncharitable and maybe even a little evil but I will glad when a certain segment of the population in my area has left this Earth. They are social dinosaurs and its time for something different

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#604383 Oct 31, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then....Don't buy LOUSY Candy
:-)
Heh

:)

I know it was more a play on words but you may have a point! I know a lot of people that buy candy they like in case there are left-overs! Don't think when I dump my remaining candy I don't set aside a box of candy bars for myself! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min waaasssuuup 692,217
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Trump is a joke 47,486
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Tellthetruth 990,752
Boys spying on their sisters (Jun '11) 1 hr John 7
Add me on Skype for fun summerun1 1 hr Summerun1 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr youareadufus 504
Here’s What Oil Drilling Looks Like in the Arct... 5 hr Guy from Latonia 1
More from around the web