Why Should Jesus Love Me?
dandruff

Baltimore, MD

#604308 Oct 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>My sincere sympathy, and best wishes for the future, RA.
GODLESS WICKED PEOPLE and atheistic stinks doesn't have any future,before they die like rats,at first they have to see death of all their relatives
your destiny of dead skunk is same like your false wicked old christian friend RA
with implanted pump to pump blood to his dead heart and hate around everyone,included you you poor 8 languages gibberish atheistic clown
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#604309 Oct 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
If there is a God, it either likes me or hates me enough to let me live.
Either way, I am very glad.
:)
I’m glad you are alive too BA. No matter how mad we may have been at each other I’m glad for that.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#604310 Oct 30, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if you wouldn't mind, could you explain how a mere man like you and i could atone for the sin of the entire world? and, do you have some scriptual basis for it? thanks!
In the same way a mere goat did for a full year according to Leviticus.

1 goat; Atonement for a year.

1 man; Atonement forever.

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#604311 Oct 30, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s a good thing to do. Sometimes we have had members volunteer to pray about things at different times of the day. I like that too. You are welcome but Epiphany is more diligent than I am. I don’t always post them.
there such:"corporate prayers"doesn't exist before Gods throne,your friend poster is blind and laughable poor deceived christain by her church teachings Lies

what is this"corporate prayers" it is american business or idea to sell God their man made products?

you christians are incerdible funny, and jerks

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604312 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
For the non-English speaking Jews, do they think "God" is the 'name' of God for Western, English speaking Christians?
Jesus used the name EL, not YHWY according to Mark.

All 'Topix crap' aside, how much do you 'really study' Scriptures ?

One thing I admired and miss about the loss here of posters like X, Senecus and BlindMan is they 'really studied' the Scriptures.

I admit I do not do it as much as I used to; but dang, I find you and others frustrating... and I don't say that in an unkind way.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604313 Oct 30, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
Thanks to all who passed along their condolences at the passing of my cousin.
Some good news on my aunt. Her and my cousins daughter and her family went out to dinner this afternoon and took her kids to a giant corn maze since the weather was so nice here. I spoke to my aunt a few minutes ago and she sounded so much better. It was good for them to get out and re-charge their batteries (so to speak) in advance of the funeral on Sunday.
Once again thank you to all who have sent their support.
God bless.
May you and your family have comfort and peace in this time of loss.

May God bless you all.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604314 Oct 30, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m glad you are alive too BA. No matter how mad we may have been at each other I’m glad for that.
Thanks!

<hugs>
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#604315 Oct 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!
<hugs>
Well darn I’ll just say it.
How sweet.
((((BA))))

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#604316 Oct 30, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m glad it is getting better. With time it will. When I have lost one I say never again because it hurts so bad but then the day comes when I get another one to love and to love me. When you are ready I recommend that you get another one.
Laughing helps just about any sadness. Good idea!!
HFN
We've talked about getting a puppy, but not quite yet. Probably not until next year at the earliest.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604317 Oct 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Jesus used the name EL, not YHWY according to Mark.
All 'Topix crap' aside, how much do you 'really study' Scriptures ?
One thing I admired and miss about the loss here of posters like X, Senecus and BlindMan is they 'really studied' the Scriptures.
I admit I do not do it as much as I used to; but dang, I find you and others frustrating... and I don't say that in an unkind way.
I'm not a linguist or biblical scholar, of course not.

But I dokie that "El" is simply a Hebrew word that means "God". That's why it's written so much in the OT.

Jehovah comes from yahweh which comes from YWHW which translates to LORD (all caps), which is a covenant name of God.

Jesus comes from a Hebrew word, Joshua which comes from Y'shua which translates to Je-Hoshua which means Salvation.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604318 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a linguist or biblical scholar, of course not.
But I dokie that "El" is simply a Hebrew word that means "God". That's why it's written so much in the OT.
Jehovah comes from yahweh which comes from YWHW which translates to LORD (all caps), which is a covenant name of God.
Jesus comes from a Hebrew word, Joshua which comes from Y'shua which translates to Je-Hoshua which means Salvation.
"Je" (closer to "Ha") is a Hebrew prefix that indicates something close to "relating to God". It is not a name of, or for, God.

Put aside the 'belief differences' and you might be surprised that I have something to offer you. You might teach me a thing or too as well.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604319 Oct 30, 2013
BTW,

Jesus and Joshua are as closely related as Will and Bill.

Simply variations on the exact same root name.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604320 Oct 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"Je" (closer to "Ha") is a Hebrew prefix that indicates something close to "relating to God". It is not a name of, or for, God.
Put aside the 'belief differences' and you might be surprised that I have something to offer you. You might teach me a thing or too as well.
Me?! Learn something?!?

And you said you were gonna be nicer....

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604321 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Me?! Learn something?!?
And you said you were gonna be nicer....
I have decide to try to treat you and others here with the respect and caring I give my students. I am a 'purfesser' so I should act like one, right ?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#604322 Oct 30, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Skombolis,
I wondered where you were at, on vacation, taking a brake or what. I figured you would show back up when the time was right for you. But it good to see you back in here.
You are right we don’t always realize when God has put someone in our lives for His reasons.:)
All is good and hope it’s good with you too.
HFN

Yeah, just decided to take some time off. The length wasn't really planned out, just hadn't thought much about it after being off a bit. I had not planned on returning to post but had stopped in to check something. In doing so I realized I had missed seeing people. And while the amount of posts are down, it would appear a lot of people are looking for a break from the stress as well and it shows in the postings.

With the loss of loved ones, both two and four-legged, health issues, and just life in general it would appear perspective has become the theme. I don't expect Topix to morph into all hand-holding and skipping but it is nice to see the foot come off the gas a little when taking runs at one another. There is enough real things to deal with in life, no reason we can't be a little nicer to one another in an online forum

I have been thinking about God putting people in our lives a lot lately since your post. And that not only it is important to look at people in that potential light but not to take for granted all the people He has already put in our path. The business of life can be challenging at times. But it is well worth the effort. And when considering the handful of things that truly matter, life is very good.

(T) Peace

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#604323 Oct 30, 2013
Question for Christians here: Do you acknowledge/participate in Halloween? I have heard people say it's a pagan thing, and I thought some people would think it's heretical.

On the other hand, it has morphed in our culture into one more holiday to celebrate, and the costumes and graveyard scary/humor make it kind of cool.

So. Halloween, yes or no?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#604324 Oct 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Question for Christians here: Do you acknowledge/participate in Halloween? I have heard people say it's a pagan thing, and I thought some people would think it's heretical.
On the other hand, it has morphed in our culture into one more holiday to celebrate, and the costumes and graveyard scary/humor make it kind of cool.
So. Halloween, yes or no?
I dreaded Halloween this year. I did not want any dramatic reminder of the Specter of Death facing me at every turn.

It will now be to me a reminder (at least once a year) of the proximity of death... and how precious life is.

That IMHO is neither a Christian nor a pagan belief, merely a human reality.

Location hidden

#604325 Oct 30, 2013
HALLOWEEN IS OK FOR CHRISTIANS

Halloween isn't being observed in connection with any religious connotations. It is now simply a secular activity mainly centered around children for entertainment

Halloween used to be a Celtic ritual at the end of summer that signified the end of summer and sacrifices to the gods. It was believed spirits would roam the earth and the only way to avoid their wrath was to be disguised as one of them. This took place on November 1st. Now that day is what is known in Catholicism as All Saints Day. Although that was predicated on a belief in what later became known as Purgatory. At the time it was considered Limbo and people would go door-to-door asking for small things (food items) in exchange for saying prayer. The prayers were meant for the souls awaiting entrance into Heaven.

The RCC no longer teaches Purgatory is literal, but rather symbolic of the cleaning process where a person's foundation undergoes a purification. The bad works are burnt away and all that remains is the foundation in Christ (1Corinthians 3:11-15) and because Revelation 21:27 says nothing impure will enter Heaven.

Over the years the only part of this tradition that remained was the idea that was borrowed from the door-to-door exchange. But instead of food for prayers it became trick or treat. And the day was moved to October 31 to further sever any connection to the spiritual origins. It is now simply a secular activity woven into the fabric of Western culture.

So let your kids dress up in costumes and have fun being kids. Go with them to ensure their safety and check the candy to make sure it is safe. It is a completely innocuous activity for kids to enjoy being kids. When you take their mask off and see the huge grin underneath, the answer should be self-evident.

Jesus loved the children. I have no doubt their giggles and squeals of glee when dressing up with their friends and enjoying their time of innocence is a joy their earthy parents and their spiritual Father as well both find pleasure in

(T) Peace

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#604326 Oct 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Malala - 14 year old girl (at the time) who was shot by the Taliban and survived for speaking out for education for women and against the Taliban bombing and leveling schools. 2 minute clip on her reaction when asked what her reaction was when she found out she was targeted by the Taliban. From the mouths of babes.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15u92h_mala...
She's one of my heroes, that one.

Location hidden

#604327 Oct 30, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I dreaded Halloween this year. I did not want any dramatic reminder of the Specter of Death facing me at every turn.
It will now be to me a reminder (at least once a year) of the proximity of death... and how precious life is.
I can see why the symbolism could be a little unnerving under the circumstances. Although I'm sure anything that is an annual milestone serves as a reminder both of another year of the gift of life and the inevitable ticking clock. All the more reason to cherish every day
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That IMHO is neither a Christian nor a pagan belief, merely a human reality.
Agreed

The cultural meaning has long been separated from its origins. It simply is what it is now. A day where kids dress up and get candy

(T) Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Joe Fortuna 88,475
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 6 min another viewer 671
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min truth 665,573
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min X Pendable 284,678
I LOVE you, Ewa M S 48 min Doctor REALITY 5
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 58 min Twizzler937 33
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,799
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr New Age Spiritual... 977,487
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 4 hr Scaritual 269
More from around the web