|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
I am giving "Truths" a rest--- she has racked up exactly 40,000 posts back several months ago---- I kinda' like that even number.(c:
You could start at scratch or be a million Darlin and your msg will always bring glory to God --

Thats the whole point "Glory to God" "not to self"
thats what leaving Topix I pray has taught me and that I will honor with my return.

Aww I see my post number is 2000 that is a special number for me. TLC - OSG

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a toss up between her and Quin -- I should have known by the year 07 Deb and I are ole timers LOL --
Candy Gram I love it I wish I could change my name here but I'd lose my post count -- took me over 6 years to get this far LOL
TLC
There is a way to do it.....Duane changed his name from G_O_D to BenAdam and kept the number of posts...and RR changed his then changed it back....

:-)

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
Me Deb (((((((Judy))))))))))
I found myself in here yesterday too (c: I come in ever couple months or sometimes sooner. I like to see Skom, Epi, Whispers and HFN. I think that GOD is using the non believers to prove His point (c; *wink* He should ot love us or seek us - but He does love us in spite of our running from Him..
I so agree -- and those (((hugs))) are such a loving signature sign in here -- GOoD to see them. TLC - OSG

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Lost another animal last night, my baby girl Cheyenne.
See ya.
Sorry RR....Was Cheyenne a dog or a horse?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
As a teacher I have become adept at interpreting Gibberish and Babble. Yet I am confounded by Shrink-speak. I think we have a better chance at deciphering Linear A.
Laffin. Yes.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we prefer to concentrate on the Eternal Life aspect which has been freely offered to all who believe, but it's your prerogative to concentrate on and embrace the flip-side of the coin.
You get that in Valhalla, too.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
See ya.
I have spent a large part of my life among the critters.
I have said a lot of hello's and a lot of good bye's
Yet thru it all there was always one special thing they did
that left a precious memory in place. Hidden and tucked in
the heart of the memories. With this I say to you Sorry to hear
of your loss of Baby girl Cheyenne.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I have spent a large part of my life among the critters.
I have said a lot of hello's and a lot of good bye's
Yet thru it all there was always one special thing they did
that left a precious memory in place. Hidden and tucked in
the heart of the memories. With this I say to you Sorry to hear
of your loss of Baby girl Cheyenne.
So...animal heaven?

What's the consensus? LOL

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
So...animal heaven?
"I can swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell."

Blood, Sweat and Tears

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
None of us is perfect my friend (c: The GOOD thing is that those of us who admit it....also make the corrections in our own behavior. THAT is the key to maturity~ the key to having peace. Growing into useful people which help others for the sake of goodness instead of reward.
Your heart is not dark like many of the people who post in this thread- you enjoy life and do not punish others for any faults which you may have.
My heart breaks for the people who display so much angst and anger as many here do - they don't know how to help themselves and probably don't admit that they wish they could change and improve.
But being away from here taught me that it is their own choice.
.. hi, I'm HL ..

When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.- Leviticus 19:33-34.

.. I like that verse. Why do you think some Christians think non-believers are evil ??..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all -- I hope I'm within earshot when Jesus looks at Epi one day and tells her "Well done faithful child" - her faithful daily posts are such a light within what many try and darken here --
I must admit with the loss of Ham - who was a Beacon for me along with so many others that left -- cast a shadow on my desire to be here as well.
And just out of the blue I found myself coming back and reading - and to see how one for example has kept the oil lamp burning thru it all is Little Whispers -- her perserverance is amazing.
When we think we have no purpose is when God really brings it home that each of us has a part in His bigger plan -- even the nay sayers.
The thread may never be reestablished the way it was once - but I'm thankful for the many eternal friends I've met along the way and your friendship I hold dearly and cherish Steve.
So GOoD to hear from you and I do plan to keep this room back on my tracker - I recently found out that the FB room is controlled by the originator and posts can be deleted at will -- I chose to leave. Take care and keep in touch as you can.
-- TLC --
Hey Judy!

I was wondering if perhaps posts were missing or if i just wasn't looking in the right places. I had stopped in there the other day and it seemed like I was catching the tail end of some exchanges but didn't see what led to them. It is actually why I checked Topix to see if maybe they originated here. In any event I am sorry to hear you are no longer posting there. But at least I can reach you by IM.

There definitely is an emotional eb and flow to this room. Time off always seems to be a positive for me. It usually results in me missing posters but not missing conflict. I find it difficult to disengage when in the middle of it but with some time to re-charge I almost always find it easier to focus more on the positive.

I was pleasantly surprised to skim through the posts today. The general mood seemed rather congenial, even between different groups of posters. I have had a lot going on recently and in response to that I am trying to make a concerted effort to avoid any possible negativity that I personally have control over. As much as life can smack us around at times, I have never exactly perfected the art of eliminating stress I can avoid.

I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear.

&#8213; Steve Maraboli,

Until later my friend

(T) Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
Me Deb (((((((Judy))))))))))
I found myself in here yesterday too (c: I come in ever couple months or sometimes sooner. I like to see Skom, Epi, Whispers and HFN. I think that GOD is using the non believers to prove His point (c; *wink* He should ot love us or seek us - but He does love us in spite of our running from Him..
Hey Deb!

I thought you might enjoy a couple of quotes I have come across. They kind of touch on what you were saying

"Good religion teaches us about a good God and encourages us to be like Him to the people of the world. Bad religion teaches us about a good God and encourages us to look down on the people of the world because they are not as good as God is."

~Harold J Duarte-Bernhardt

"God loves us the way we are, but too much to leave us that way."

~Leighton Ford

(T) Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
So...animal heaven?
Weep with them that weep. Romans 12:15
To him that is afflicted pity be shewed from his friend. Job 6:14

So MisterCharrington shew me thy faith without thy works and I will shew thee my faith by my works. James 2:18

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"I can swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell."
Blood, Sweat and Tears
You ever notice how all these folks who have near death experiences never recount visions of hell? They're all saved.

The hindus' all have visions of kishna and Vishnu.

The muslims have visions of allah and mo'

but no-one ever says 'holy crap, Lucifer the most high Lord of the underworld was waiting for me with a glass of amontillado, a Cohiba IV and the latest copy of shaven ravers'.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a touching scene from "There's Something About Mary." Matt Dillon's character (Pat) is trying to get into the pants of Cameron Diaz' character's (Mary), who he knows has a mentally challenged brother. After telling Mary that he's an architect, he continues with this fabricated bullshit:
Pat: Really, it's only a side thing for my true passion.
Mary: And what's that?
Pat: I work with retards.
Mary: Isn't that a little politically incorrect?
Pat: Yeah, maybe, but hell, no one's gonna tell me who I can and can't work with, right?
Mary: No, I mean...
Pat: We got this one kid, Mongo... He's got a forehead like a drive-in movie theatre, but he's a good ship. So we don't bust his chops too much. So, one day Mongo gets out of his cage...
Mary: They keep him in a cage?
Pat: Well, it's just an enclosure...
Mary: No, but they keep him confined?
Pat: Right, yeah.
Mary: That's bullshit!
Pat: Well, that's what I said! So, I went out and I got him, uh, I got him a leash.
Mary: A leash?
Pat: Yeah, one of those ones you can hook on the clothesline, and he can run back and forth and, uh, there's plenty of room for him to dig and play. That kid is really, uh, he's really blossomed, you know?
Great movie. That is one of the funniest scenes.

Pat Healy: Those goofy bastards are about the best thing I've got going.
Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.

Ted: That - good point.

Hitchhiker: 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 doors. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Ted: Why?

Hitchhiker:'Cause you're f..in' fired!

Hope all is well

(T) Peace
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
See ya.
Sorry to hear that. Nothing worse than that strange feeling of loss. Was it your remaining horse? Cheyenne sounds like a fitting name for a horse, but I'm only guessing.

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Weep with them that weep. Romans 12:15
To him that is afflicted pity be shewed from his friend. Job 6:14
So MisterCharrington shew me thy faith without thy works and I will shew thee my faith by my works. James 2:18
...sorry, I don't do faith. It's the works that matter.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
See ya.
Sorry to hear that friend

"He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea.

He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him.(I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.)

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful.

He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will - as I always have. He is just my dog."

~Gene Hill

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a way to do it.....Duane changed his name from G_O_D to BenAdam and kept the number of posts...and RR changed his then changed it back....
:-)
Thanks for the FYI Epi, but I guess like my given name - I will stay with what and why I chose that name -- I can use Candy Gram as a surname like Jute, OSG, Gramms etc

TLC -

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...sorry, I don't do faith. It's the works that matter.
So faith let me introduce you to works and along with that introduction the introduction to peace, strength, compassion, understanding, patients, along with the five w's who, what, when, where, why, and some writers add the How. And along with that comes love and wisdom.
When your works can cover all of the above then you can say how perfect you are to others. Without sin or fault or flaws.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 577,781 - 577,800 of596,435
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

515 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Tide with Beach 679,081
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 20 min Student 37,980
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 24 min Dale_Harris 52,424
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min pusherman_ 511,524
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Dang It 109,330
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,389
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr nanoanomaly 216,172
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 3 hr Hdogg07 213
teen snapchat nudes 3 hr Oscar 102
•••
•••
•••