Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#603789 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

I know.
But you still believe what the Bible says.
You quote it more than I do.
BenAdam wrote:
I can quite from LOTR, too. That doesn't mean I think it is a history or science book.
Would you like to discuss the Elder Adda instead ?
What? "I can quite from LOTR"?!?

What are you trying to say?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#603790 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I know.
But you still believe what the Bible says.
You quote it more than I do.
<quoted text>
What? "I can quite from LOTR"?!?
What are you trying to say?
You wrote that because I quote the Bible I must believe it.

A pathetic and deceitful straw-man that I quickly burned to the ground with reality and truth.

Damn! You are worthless!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#603791 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote that because I quote the Bible I must believe it.
A pathetic and deceitful straw-man that I quickly burned to the ground with reality and truth.
Damn! You are worthless!
I can't help it that your an idiot.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#603792 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help it that your an idiot.
All the morons tell me that.

Yet, I have three university degrees and you couldn't even get through grade school.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Sunburnt Country

#603793 Oct 27, 2013
Anon wrote:
Imagine you work in tech support, your phone rings, and it's Dr. Shrink making the call.
I have worked in call centres. We had a few doozies for customers, but nothing like that!

He would probably stink up the line.
:D
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#603794 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always said that El is a name and sword that translates to God.
Think about it, I dare you. A nation that doesn't speak English is not going to call their deity God.
Capisce?
You thought wrong.
EL is a 'proper' name, a >specific name of a deity<.

Like I said, you can dance and prance all round if you want, but the bottom line is that EL was a SPECIFIC god of a pantheon that was worshipped by the people of Canaanite and that the Jews are an off-shoot of the Canaanite clan. The bible even says so.
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#603795 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
CHURRH?
Um...
Um...yes.
Simply a typing error. But you knew that, didn't you?
lol

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#603796 Oct 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Thanks for that.
You don't happen to have the book and verse citations for those prophecies, do you? I'll add your refinements if I have those.
Sure: Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1 - The "messiah" will establish the center of all world government - both for Jews and gentiles - in Israel.

Jeremiah 33:15 - The religious court system of Israel and Jewish law will be the law of the land.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#603797 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that's not my real picture, right?
Obviously.

Have you started to identify with the Brawny towel guy so much that you think other people might think you - are - the Brawny towel guy?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#603798 Oct 27, 2013
Jesus aint no Messiah wrote:
<quoted text>
You thought wrong.
EL is a 'proper' name, a >specific name of a deity<.
Like I said, you can dance and prance all round if you want, but the bottom line is that EL was a SPECIFIC god of a pantheon that was worshipped by the people of Canaanite and that the Jews are an off-shoot of the Canaanite clan. The bible even says so.
Correct. The Bible says Abram/Abraham was a Sumerian pagan who moved to Canaan and served the pagan Priest-King 'Melted-cheese-dick'. Abraham also murdered his eldest son (Ishmael) in a child sacrifice to El.
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#603799 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think "I Am That I Am" is not a name.
According to EL, it is. He and Asherah are the ones who named their son Yhwh.

He is that he is.

Hey, what can I say 'cept,

what was, was
what is, is
what's gonna be, gonna be

You're gonna have to duke it out with EL.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#603800 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
All the morons tell me that.
Yet, I have three university degrees and you couldn't even get through grade school.
You don't have any degrees. Stop lying.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#603801 Oct 27, 2013
Jesus aint no Messiah wrote:
<quoted text>
You thought wrong.
EL is a 'proper' name, a >specific name of a deity<.
Like I said, you can dance and prance all round if you want, but the bottom line is that EL was a SPECIFIC god of a pantheon that was worshipped by the people of Canaanite and that the Jews are an off-shoot of the Canaanite clan. The bible even says so.
Yes, we've already agreed to that.

But what you're missing is "El" is a Hebrew word that means "God".

It is a name AND a word.

Genesis 17, Hebrew version; "I am El Shaddai..."

Genesis 17, English version; “I am God Almighty..."

Just as "Shaddai" translates to "Almighty", "El" translates to "God".

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#603802 Oct 27, 2013
Jesus aint no Messiah wrote:
According to EL, it is. He and Asherah are the ones who named their son Yhwh.
So you think El isn't God (yahweh)?

I think you're confusing too many religions and clumping them all as if they're one.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#603803 Oct 27, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously.
Have you started to identify with the Brawny towel guy so much that you think other people might think you - are - the Brawny towel guy?
Most times I post from my iPhone and can't see the pictures, so no.

I think it's you that's identified me as the Brawny guy, you even took the time too modify 'my' face...
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#603804 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly?!
"El tells Moses not utter His name"
Quote that exactly from the Bible.
Go.
El had nothing to do with Moses.
He left that up to his son, Yhwh.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#603805 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Abraham also murdered his eldest son (Ishmael) in a child sacrifice to El.
No he didn't. It's amazing what you don't know.

Read the story, Abraham did NOT murder his son.

http://mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Jesus aint no Messiah

Upper Darby, PA

#603806 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was a descendant of Abraham.
That is incorrect. Jesus was a descendant of Lot, Abraham's nephew.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#603807 Oct 27, 2013
Jesus aint no Messiah wrote:
<quoted text>
El had nothing to do with Moses.
He left that up to his son, Yhwh.
What religion are you talking about?

God is eternal, He has no father.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#603808 Oct 27, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously.
Have you started to identify with the Brawny towel guy so much that you think other people might think you - are - the Brawny towel guy?
A paper towel absorbs more than RR.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 971,811
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min ChristineM 445,927
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Steve III 650,432
3rd party Jill in 2020 Green Party continue th... 22 min Consolidate or di... 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 28 min new ideas 44,969
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 29 min WasteWater 2,337
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 32 min WasteWater 106,070
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Aura Mytha 56,089
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 8 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web