“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#603429 Oct 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Jews say Jesus isn't the Messiah.
<quoted text>
I'm not comprehending what you're implying.
<quoted text>
Ya...
...uh.... I know that.
Your point?
The Jesus does not fulfill the Judaic prophetic requirements as outlined in the OT to be "Messiah".

Within Judaism. The Judaic deity is defined as one complete and singular entity(within that mythology, if that means anything). It's very clear in the OT/Tanakh, that there is no plurality of the deity in any way. Read Deut. 6:4. There are many other examples besides that one.

When you get to the prophecies concerning the "Messiah", or, "Mashiach", take notice there are no half man/half god qualities assigned to that person. Below are some of the verses that are specific to what the Judaic "Messiah" was to be and do.

Ezekiel 38:16) Isaiah 2, 11, 42; 59:20) Jeremiah 23, 30, 33; 48:47; 49:39) Daniel 10:14) Hosea 3:4-3:5) Micah 4) Zephaniah 3:9) Zechariah 14:9) Those verses represent what that Mashiach would do. All signs of the Messiah.

Which is why the Jews rejected the Jesus. It didn't happen. The fact that the Jesus was killed before complete fulfillment of messianic prophecy is a proof in and of itself the Jesus was a false "Messiah".

According to the mythology the "Mashiach" was 100% human and mortal. Judaism says that the Messiah will be born of human parents(maternal&paternal) , and possess normal physical attributes like other people. It will not be a demi-god, and will not possess supernatural qualities.

All of the tasks to be done by "Messiah" were to be completed during the lifetime of that person. Once revealed. While here. First time. One time. Only time. There was no "second coming" involved according to OT messianic prophecy.

Christians cite other portions of the OT with tortured, massaged and tweaked interpretations as Messianic prophecies.

Just because Christianity claims this as prophecy doesn't make them OT Messianic prophecies.

No matter how vehemently Christians may claim them to be.

Jews are the experts concerning their book. There is a reason the Jesus wasn't accepted as Messiah, and it wasn't because the Jews were being stubborn. If the Jesus had met the prophetic requirements the Jews would have had no choice but to accept the Jesus.

Judaism is very clear about this.

They must recognize fulfilled prophecy. This is also why their "god" was very specific. Unless a prophecy is 100% fulfilled, it is a false prophecy, or made by a false prophet. The Jesus was both. A false messiah(did not fulfill prophecy as described), and a false prophet.

"But the prophet who shall speak a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he shall speak in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die. And you may say in your heart,“How shall we know the word which the Lord has not spoken?”...

...When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).

^^^The^^^Jesus^^^fails^^^accor ding^^^to^^^that^^^. Matthew, chapter 24, evidences this quite well.

The Jesus was rejected as the messiah for legitimate reason. Deuteronomy 13:1-5, also illustrates why the Jesus wasn't "Messiah".

There are numerous examples that spell out plainly that the, "Messiah", or Mashiach, was not to alter the Judaic religion in any way, not for Jews, nor Gentiles.

The oldest extant Judaic texts date to about 200 BCE, so there was no revision or altering done to those prophecies at least after that date.

That negates any claims of revisionism.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#603430 Oct 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as the social convention of marriage goes, the "relation" is purely for that, however, there is no blood relation.
An "in law" is not a familial relation.
Adjective: familial
1. Relating to or having the characteristics of a family
2. Occurring among members of a family usually by heredity
WordWeb Pro 7.02
In other words, if I am the step father to a child by marriage, I am not a part of his ancestry.
Only a child's real parent(S) are a part of his ancestry.
Noun: ancestry
1. The descendants of one individual
2. Inherited properties shared with others of your bloodline
WordWeb Pro 7.02
The Bible confirms that.

Matthew 1:16

"and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah."

God entrusted Joseph to be the earthly father of Jesus.

That's good enough for me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603431 Oct 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jesus does not fulfill the Judaic prophetic requirements as outlined in the OT to be "Messiah".
Within Judaism. The Judaic deity is defined as one complete and singular entity(within that mythology, if that means anything). It's very clear in the OT/Tanakh, that there is no plurality of the deity in any way. Read Deut. 6:4. There are many other examples besides that one.
When you get to the prophecies concerning the "Messiah", or, "Mashiach", take notice there are no half man/half god qualities assigned to that person. Below are some of the verses that are specific to what the Judaic "Messiah" was to be and do.
Ezekiel 38:16) Isaiah 2, 11, 42; 59:20) Jeremiah 23, 30, 33; 48:47; 49:39) Daniel 10:14) Hosea 3:4-3:5) Micah 4) Zephaniah 3:9) Zechariah 14:9) Those verses represent what that Mashiach would do. All signs of the Messiah.
Which is why the Jews rejected the Jesus. It didn't happen. The fact that the Jesus was killed before complete fulfillment of messianic prophecy is a proof in and of itself the Jesus was a false "Messiah".
According to the mythology the "Mashiach" was 100% human and mortal. Judaism says that the Messiah will be born of human parents(maternal&paternal) , and possess normal physical attributes like other people. It will not be a demi-god, and will not possess supernatural qualities.
All of the tasks to be done by "Messiah" were to be completed during the lifetime of that person. Once revealed. While here. First time. One time. Only time. There was no "second coming" involved according to OT messianic prophecy.
Christians cite other portions of the OT with tortured, massaged and tweaked interpretations as Messianic prophecies.
Just because Christianity claims this as prophecy doesn't make them OT Messianic prophecies.
No matter how vehemently Christians may claim them to be.
Jews are the experts concerning their book. There is a reason the Jesus wasn't accepted as Messiah, and it wasn't because the Jews were being stubborn. If the Jesus had met the prophetic requirements the Jews would have had no choice but to accept the Jesus.
Judaism is very clear about this.
They must recognize fulfilled prophecy. This is also why their "god" was very specific. Unless a prophecy is 100% fulfilled, it is a false prophecy, or made by a false prophet. The Jesus was both. A false messiah(did not fulfill prophecy as described), and a false prophet.
"But the prophet who shall speak a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he shall speak in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die. And you may say in your heart,“How shall we know the word which the Lord has not spoken?”...
...When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).
^^^The^^^Jesus^^^fails^^^accor ding^^^to^^^that^^^. Matthew, chapter 24, evidences this quite well.
The Jesus was rejected as the messiah for legitimate reason. Deuteronomy 13:1-5, also illustrates why the Jesus wasn't "Messiah".
There are numerous examples that spell out plainly that the, "Messiah", or Mashiach, was not to alter the Judaic religion in any way, not for Jews, nor Gentiles.
The oldest extant Judaic texts date to about 200 BCE, so there was no revision or altering done to those prophecies at least after that date.
That negates any claims of revisionism.
Interesting.

Perhaps you & the Jews skipped past Psalm 22:16.

Or the other 300 or so OT prophecies that Jesus fulfilled....

http://christianity.about.com/od/biblefactsan...

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#603432 Oct 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible confirms that.
Matthew 1:16
"and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah."
God entrusted Joseph to be the earthly father of Jesus.
That's good enough for me.
Nevertheless, the Jesus does not fulfill messianic requirements, and, does not qualify as a direct descendant - by blood - either(that is the requirement).
awsome dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#603433 Oct 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
there is nothing interesting with this stupid poster stealing web pages and links from Internet and serving atheistic jewish idiots

guy is complete nuts and goof about Jesus as seal of all prophets, and fulfiment promise given by God to redeem His only people from the sin and death

see you latter poor catolic??

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#603434 Oct 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
The Jews only recognize what are deemed to be messianic prophecies according to Judaism.

The Christian protestations have nothing to do with actual Judaic messianic prophecies.

That was established and in place long before Christianity ever existed, in other words, it wasn't instituted as a reaction to Christianity.

This is why Judaism rejected the Jesus! as messiah.

That figure did not fulfill prophecy.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#603435 Oct 25, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
That has nothing to do with what you or I were talking about RT but ok.
I suppose that is as good a way of avoiding as any other. You do that a lot, make a negative response and then try to smooth it over. Yes I’ve noticed but have let it slide, so far anyway. I don’t have friends like that, true friends don’t do that.
OK then. Tell me who you think tarnished an Internet Forum thread, keeping in mind that this forum was designed for discussion and debate. Then you can tell me how you think it was tarnished. It's hard to have discussion and debate without opposing viewpoints. Would you agree?

Always remember. Nothing is easy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603436 Oct 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews only recognize what are deemed to be messianic prophecies according to Judaism.
The Christian protestations have nothing to do with actual Judaic messianic prophecies.
That was established and in place long before Christianity ever existed, in other words, it wasn't instituted as a reaction to Christianity.
This is why Judaism rejected the Jesus! as messiah.
That figure did not fulfill prophecy.
Well then there it is.

According to the Jews, Jesus ain't the Messiah.

Remember that I'm not a Jew, scar?

According to Christianity, Jesus is the Messiah.

I'm a Christian, remember?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#603437 Oct 25, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>**POSTED TO RIVER**
You do that a lot, make a negative response and then try to smooth it over.
.. always thought that was how to make amends ..

.. again, thanks for teaching me ..

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#603438 Oct 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then there it is.
You're almost there.

According to the OT, the Jesus! isn't the Messiah.

The Jews happen to follow the OT.

(remember, the OT is "god breathed" or inspired.)

Location hidden

#603439 Oct 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then there it is.
You're not one of "The Jews"?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#603440 Oct 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The unknown doesn't concern me since it's unknown.
There is nothing concealed that will no be disclosed or hidden that will not be made known. What is said in the dark will be heard in the daylight and what is whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the housetops.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603441 Oct 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Nevertheless, the Jesus does not fulfill messianic requirements, and, does not qualify as a direct descendant - by blood - either(that is the requirement).
Sure He did. It follows scripture, read Jeremiah 22:30;

“Thus says the Lord,

‘Write this man down childless,
A man who will not prosper in his days;
For no man of his descendants will prosper
Sitting on the throne of David
Or ruling again in Judah.’”

According to that, no "direct" descendant of David could rule (be the Messiah).

And blood is not a requirement, as you claim. Jesus was born into the betrothed relationship of Joseph and Mary, which was legally a family unit.(See Matthew 1:18).

Betrothal was a legal marriage, if there was a child accepted by the husband, the child became legally part of the family, which Joseph did when he “took” Mary as his wife.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603442 Oct 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You're almost there.
According to the OT, the Jesus! isn't the Messiah.
The Jews happen to follow the OT.
(remember, the OT is "god breathed" or inspired.)
BZZZZT!

"All scripture is God breathed..."

2 Timothy 3:16.

Pssst. Timothy is not in the OT...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603443 Oct 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought about converting

The yamaka would cover the bald spot perfectly.

But my nose is too small.

>:)
toczka toczka azdabnaja

Baltimore, MD

#603444 Oct 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. always thought that was how to make amends ..
.. again, thanks for teaching me ..
your posts bablings are like insect feces glued to the window,
few times spray them and spots doesn't exist any more,
dr Shrink just told me to send your stinking fart
weszla mordiczka kriwaja

Baltimore, MD

#603445 Oct 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
dumb cow
ruczka ruczka i bruszok

Baltimore, MD

#603446 Oct 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
BZZZZT!
"All scripture is God breathed..."
2 Timothy 3:16.
Pssst. Timothy is not in the OT...
agree
mister YO?

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#603447 Oct 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
OK then. Tell me who you think tarnished an Internet Forum thread, keeping in mind that this forum was designed for discussion and debate. Then you can tell me how you think it was tarnished. It's hard to have discussion and debate without opposing viewpoints. Would you agree?
Always remember. Nothing is easy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YnO2RDuMPSMXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Nuszka nuszka pituszok

Baltimore, MD

#603448 Oct 25, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing concealed that will no be disclosed or hidden that will not be made known. What is said in the dark will be heard in the daylight and what is whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the housetops.
agree my darling,
be careful your vicious monthly period wicked rants against your own elected by God king and prince dr Shrink?
dr Shrink is not going to be in silence before great holy Assembly?

God bless you my dear great grand mama?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min New Age Spiritual... 574,669
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min waaasssuuup 810,730
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min set free in truth 39,678
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min Insults Are Easier 269,136
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 26 min seenthisside 1,041
China warns U.S. against weapon sales to Taiwan (Jan '10) 42 min -TheExam- 3,938
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 48 min Remnant of 144000 33,175
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 hr Rosa_Winkel 97,936
More from around the web