Why Should Jesus Love Me?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#603571 Oct 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible never mentions a Messiah at all.
The belief in a Messiah is a Jewish, non-scriptural, invention.
At least they are honest that they have a "tradition" NOT "Absolute truth".
What? The Bible never mentions a messiah?!

What bible are you reading?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#603572 Oct 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible confirms that.
Matthew 1:16
"and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah."
God entrusted Joseph to be the earthly father of Jesus.
That's good enough for me.
Of course it says Joseph was Jesus father. Because Jesus isn't a physical "Son of God" any more than any other human.

The Virgin Birth, Fathered by God is a fairytale to convert pagans and nothing more.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603573 Oct 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:

Only if she is his sister, mother or aunt.
Before marriage, dude. C'mon.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#603574 Oct 26, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
My sweet little friend - I knew from day one you were a force to be reconned with -- your tenacity and diligence in the face of so much opposition never give you pause for a moment.
I love how you have forged ahead - paved a way so to speak and you didn't even need a platform -- God gently guided you and has made the provision for His light to be brought in to a dark world surrounding you.
Your truly a Beacon -- Shine on TLC Jute
Turning back the hands of time afew short months ago I had fire burning under my feet(remember) did not move then and will not move now.Jute I never left the garden. God is my rock and the earth is my platform and to Him goes all the glory. God bless you always loveya lil whispers.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#603575 Oct 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews only recognize what are deemed to be messianic prophecies according to Judaism.
The Christian protestations have nothing to do with actual Judaic messianic prophecies.
That was established and in place long before Christianity ever existed, in other words, it wasn't instituted as a reaction to Christianity.
This is why Judaism rejected the Jesus! as messiah.
That figure did not fulfill prophecy.
They might as well claim that Ben Franklin was an Emperor of France.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#603576 Oct 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then there it is.
According to the Jews, Jesus ain't the Messiah.
Remember that I'm not a Jew, scar?
According to Christianity, Jesus is the Messiah.
I'm a Christian, remember?
According to the laws of the USA, you aren't President. You can pretend to be all you want, it doesn't make it so.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#603577 Oct 26, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing concealed that will no be disclosed or hidden that will not be made known. What is said in the dark will be heard in the daylight and what is whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the housetops.
'Jesus said, "Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you.' Thomas 5

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#603578 Oct 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well at least you chosen a religion to believe in, I'm proud of you scar.
How many yamakas do you have?
What's that?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#603579 Oct 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
....read Jeremiah 22:30;
According to that, no "direct" descendant of David could rule (be the Messiah).....
That does not say "Messiah" and has nothing to do with a "Messiah".

Why do you lie about the Bible ?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#603580 Oct 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Before marriage, dude. C'mon.
Hey, 14 + 14 + 14 = 41, you ever figure out what Matthew did with Ahaziah, Joash, and Amaziah?

“What's your heading?”

Since: Aug 13

Illinois

#603581 Oct 26, 2013
Why Should Jesus Love Me? I have been thinking about this a lot lately. First I can try to disprove his existence. Then call everyone who believes he existed a liar. Or just say he was a good man who is an example to us all and call Paul a liar. Or see that the Old Testament is all about his coming and when he came nobody but those who truly believed in God knew who he was. "What is Truth?" That is what Pilate asked him..........

“"None shall pass"”

There

#603582 Oct 26, 2013
OK my clueless Christians, this is what the Jews for the last 3000 years have said the Messiah will be:

" The mashiach will be a great political leader descended from King David (Jeremiah 23:5). The mashiach is often referred to as "mashiach ben David" (mashiach, son of David). He will be well-versed in Jewish law, and observant of its commandments (Isaiah 11:2-5). He will be a charismatic leader, inspiring others to follow his example. He will be a great military leader, who will win battles for Israel. He will be a great judge, who makes righteous decisions (Jeremiah 33:15). But above all, he will be a human being, not a god, demi-god or other supernatural being.

It has been said that in every generation, a person is born with the potential to be the mashiach. If the time is right for the messianic age within that person's lifetime, then that person will be the mashiach. But if that person dies before he completes the mission of the mashiach, then that person is not the mashiach."

http://www.jewfaq.org/mashiach.htm

Feel free to lie about the religion of Jesus.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603583 Oct 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you lie about the Bible ?
Jeremiah 22:30

This is what the Lord says:
“Record this man as if childless, a man who will not prosper in his lifetime, for none of his offspring will prosper, none will sit on the throne of David or rule anymore in Judah.”

What do you suppose that's referring to?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603584 Oct 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's that?
Because.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#603585 Oct 26, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on.
She's a classic example of Christian exceptionalism. Her opinions are legitimate and worthy, but dissenting opinions are bad ideas and bad manners by bad people.
.. perhaps if we change our writing, we will become worthy of the Golden Thread. Let's try !!..

1st Attempt

Just waving at you AIN, my sweet friend. Did you see the beautiful sunrise today? Isn't life wonderful?

Whenever I read your posts, my heart is filled with joy and love for mankind.

I know how much you respect Mother Teresa, so I'll end this post with a bit of her introspective wisdom -

"Let us more and more insist on raising funds of love, of kindness, of understanding, of peace. Money will come if we seek first the Kingdom of God - the rest will be given."

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603586 Oct 26, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
" The mashiach will be a great political leader descended from King David (Jeremiah 23:5).
[
BenAdam wrote:
So if I use Jeremiah, that's bad.

If you use it, that's good.

Noted for future reference.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603587 Oct 26, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, 14 + 14 + 14 = 41, you ever figure out what Matthew did with Ahaziah, Joash, and Amaziah?
It's Athaliah's fault.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#603588 Oct 26, 2013
Did I miss where 14 + 14 + 14 = 41 susplained Ahaziah, Joash, and Amaziah's absence from Matthew's genealogy?

I missed that, huh?

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#603589 Oct 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL @ Candy Gram.
I went to a party as a Trojan Warrior once. I made the breast plate and greaves by sewing together individual condom packets. You should have seen the look on the clerks face when I bought 40 boxes of condoms.
I just smiled and winked at him.
:-)
Oh my gosh that is too funny -- My costume is done and it is so me teehee. Plan to have a great time tonight !!! TLC

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#603590 Oct 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Athaliah's fault.
It's your scripture, son.

It's an albatross around your neck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 min Paul really is dead 475
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min June VanDerMark 47,106
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 14 min DJ Crazee 39,286
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min Aerobatty 990,701
LeBron James: Should he STAY or should he GO?? 1 hr MWHAHAHAHAHHA 8
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr kent 692,113
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr MWHAHAHAHAHHA 445,851
More from around the web