Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#602895 Oct 22, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Your not being honest here and I'm sure you know it. HFN has been more then willing to debate with others, and has proven that. I dont think she chose the word argue in haste. You cant debate with Ben you can only argue and then name call. Who can blame her for not wanting to engage in those childish games? Like most of us she's been down that road to many times........
Thank you Rider.
I hope you have a great day.
HFN

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#602896 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
El was the name of a god.
El is also just a word that translates to god.
Capisce?
Yahweh was the son of EL.

Back when those early Semitic peoples were polytheistic, Yahweh was a god right along side of Ba'al and Asherah, and many others, before the Judaic move to monotheism. Yahweh and Ba'al were the sons of EL. Taken from the older Caananite pantheon of deities.

At one time Asherah was the wife of EL, and bore EL's "son gods"(virginally conceived I might add), and later became Yahweh's consort.

That reflects the polytheistic period in early Judaism. Canaanites had a similar polytheistic pantheon; El-Asherah-Baal-Astarte. The Canaanite culture predates the Hebrew/Judaic culture, and is where much of early Judaic beliefs originated. It's thought that the Hebrew were originally an offshoot of the Canaanites.

That's what the archaeological evidence shows, which is history. That information is widely known in both academia and theology.

It just so happens that the theological scholars don't like to speak of it too much, because there's nothing worse than revealing substantiated archaeological and historical information that makes your chosen occupation and source of income somewhat irrelevant to the people that depend on you to support their beliefs.

Yahweh was worshiped as far back as 2350 BCE by other cultures as a lesser deity(known as the son of EL), long before the Hebrew peoples adopted Yahweh as a deity, and - even when the Hebrews adopted Yahweh - it was known that Yahweh was one of the Elohim, or, "sons of EL".

Polytheism persisted in Judaism until 300-200 BCE, possibly later.

Your entire belief is based upon a primitive polytheistic cultures melding of varying beliefs in deities as they moved to monotheism, and does not represent a singular and unique deity in any way.

Your current and primary deity(the name you pledge to, the Jesus!) is the son of a deity that was the son of a deity from another myth that you have no belief in.

If you'd like, I can link to supporting information taken from both theological and legitimate academic sources concerning the above.

Or, you can just say much of nothing and then follow that with a quip like "GO", as a response.

BTW, "nuh uh" is not a rebuttal.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#602897 Oct 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for pointing that out.
On a slightly different note...
I've got to point out as well that Psalm 82 mirrors Ugaritic text in many details, and it's thought that it has its origins in that culture.
In the Ugaritic text, the actual "sons of El" were being referenced(Yahweh, being one of those sons).
Agreed. The Genesis (at least) is derived from the Sumerian/Canaanite mythos.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#602898 Oct 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Since anyone, given the circumstance, can be a judge or magistrate, et al, then the broader application stands.
Else, it >only< applies to that narrow section of people(recall your insistence Leviticus is only for Levites).
The same standard would apply.
<quoted text>
Provide a miracle that is known and shown to only be done by your deity and you might have a point.
Like a typical Christian, he tries to dig his deity out of a hole....only to create a deeper hole.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#602899 Oct 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how could some one or soemthing that isn't Perfect/God provide a once and for all Atonement???
"With God, all things are possible." - Jesus

So, you are calling Jesus a liar now.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#602900 Oct 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i believe that Jesus Christ is the Atonement/God.
do you accept me as your brother?
As much as I accept I am related lice and ticks.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#602901 Oct 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, he WAS a hebrew, but now He's LORD of all!:)
Nope.

Jesus is a long dead Jew.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#602902 Oct 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:

Since anyone, given the circumstance, can be a judge or magistrate, et al, then the broader application stands.
Else, it >only< applies to that narrow section of people(recall your insistence Leviticus is only for Levites).
The same standard would apply.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
But Psalm 82 isn't just talking about anyone. Back then, magistrates and (especially) kings were considered gods or godlike. Psalm 82 is specifically talking about them, which is why God warns them that although they think they're gods, they will still face death one day.
As all gods do.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#602903 Oct 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Provide a miracle that is known and shown to only be done by your deity and you might have a point.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Life.
Since all the evidence we have suggests that life cannot create itself, it had to be created. I attribute that to God.
No, that isn't known and hasn't been shown to be exclusively attributable to your deity.

Your assertion is nothing more than that, a bare assertion.
Also, the evidence shows or suggests that there are methods in which life can and does "create itself".

A very simplistic and broad example of that is every living thing on the earth, and not once has there been any evidence of the hand or your deity or any other deity beginning that process.

Unless, of course, you have evidence to the contrary.

If your evidence is your deity myth, then I'll counter that with the story of PANGU! having created 'everything", and it is no less or more valid than your deity story.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#602904 Oct 22, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
I must admit FB gets the majority of my computer time -- and I know what your talking about as for getting caught up in the intensity in here -- one must carry a broom at all times LOL
Facebook is an excellent choice for you and anybody else who might consider the ideas of unbelievers rubbish belong (I assume that's what your lovely comment about the broom meant). Your little "Family" sanctuary is all rainbows and unicorns, which is seems to be the limit of what many of you can tolerate before issuing some gratuitous slur.

Does your friend Here For Now know about your little protected space? She's as openly contemptuous and demeaning of contrary opinions as you are. Please "friend" her if you haven't already.

You have a blessed day too, will you sister? And don't forget your broom.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#602905 Oct 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:

Yahweh was the son of EL.
Back when those early Semitic peoples were polytheistic, Yahweh was a god right along side of Ba'al and Asherah, and many others, before the Judaic move to monotheism. Yahweh and Ba'al were the sons of EL. Taken from the older Caananite pantheon of deities.
At one time Asherah was the wife of EL, and bore EL's "son gods"(virginally conceived I might add), and later became Yahweh's consort.
That reflects the polytheistic period in early Judaism. Canaanites had a similar polytheistic pantheon; El-Asherah-Baal-Astarte. The Canaanite culture predates the Hebrew/Judaic culture, and is where much of early Judaic beliefs originated. It's thought that the Hebrew were originally an offshoot of the Canaanites.
That's what the archaeological evidence shows, which is history. That information is widely known in both academia and theology.
It just so happens that the theological scholars don't like to speak of it too much, because there's nothing worse than revealing substantiated archaeological and historical information that makes your chosen occupation and source of income somewhat irrelevant to the people that depend on you to support their beliefs.
Yahweh was worshiped as far back as 2350 BCE by other cultures as a lesser deity(known as the son of EL), long before the Hebrew peoples adopted Yahweh as a deity, and - even when the Hebrews adopted Yahweh - it was known that Yahweh was one of the Elohim, or, "sons of EL".
Polytheism persisted in Judaism until 300-200 BCE, possibly later.
Your entire belief is based upon a primitive polytheistic cultures melding of varying beliefs in deities as they moved to monotheism, and does not represent a singular and unique deity in any way.
Your current and primary deity(the name you pledge to, the Jesus!) is the son of a deity that was the son of a deity from another myth that you have no belief in.
If you'd like, I can link to supporting information taken from both theological and legitimate academic sources concerning the above.
Or, you can just say much of nothing and then follow that with a quip like "GO", as a response.
BTW, "nuh uh" is not a rebuttal.
All cuz you say so, right?

I'll listen to a few thousand trained biblical scholars before I listen to an anonymous poster on a free internet thread, thank you very much.

El, yahweh, YHWH, whatever ... They all translate to one simple word.

God.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#602906 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
You real certain of that.
Why did testimony so state the tomb was vacant??
cipciu sikacz

Baltimore, MD

#602907 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Hi? Goy God whats up in the Universe??( you have big alpahebet letters from god king james book(Bible)?
cipciu sikacz

Baltimore, MD

#602908 Oct 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Facebook is an excellent choice for you and anybody else who might consider the ideas of unbelievers rubbish belong (I assume that's what your lovely comment about the broom meant). Your little "Family" sanctuary is all rainbows and unicorns, which is seems to be the limit of what many of you can tolerate before issuing some gratuitous slur.
Does your friend Here For Now know about your little protected space? She's as openly contemptuous and demeaning of contrary opinions as you are. Please "friend" her if you haven't already.
old sweet lady is not your sister you dumb poor Liar secular humanoid with brain of orangutan

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#602909 Oct 22, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple as John 3:16 Whosoever believeth on Gods only begotten Son -- any race any color
people have labeled - God didn't label -- Baptist, Catholic, Protestant - Seventh Day Adventist etc ---
I love how Mark Lowry put it in his Broadway show -- all these denominations under one roof - and somebody is wrong LOl
I got a feeling there are folks up there that never entered a Church in their life -- but simply believed by faith --
Anyway time for me to get some sleep clock is ticking after midnight -- TLC
Well written ~ I knew what you meant when I read your first posting but this clarifies it even more :) TLC to you too, Sweet Cyber Sister :)
cipciu sikacz

Baltimore, MD

#602910 Oct 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
you got very "nice" GOD GOY boyfiend,
spiting all the time against Jesus,past 3 years day by day,
but you say there is rain outside?he heeeeeee

#602911 Oct 22, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed they do Serah -- I'm thankful we have this opportunity to share friendship as God has brought us together ==
Your goosebumps tickle me LOL --
Just want to say you are beautiful :)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#602912 Oct 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like for me to lend Jute and Here For Now My Stick.
Walk softy you know not where you are beginning to venture.

#602913 Oct 22, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Mengistu Haile Mariam, the ex-dictator of Ethiopia did that back in the 80s. It was mainly to enforce communism, plus punish the Eritreans for wanting independence.
He was convicted of genocide in absentia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mengistu_Haile_M...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983-1985_famine...
My old neighbours were Eritreans.
It is happening today too; no point in writing about it but will reiterate ~ we pay people who play games hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars, and let people starve. We pay politicians huge amounts of money to hear their lies, and let firefighters (such as we have in NSW today) volunteer their time. History is horrid and yet, we are letting history repeat itself :(

“Love much, trust none”

There

#602914 Oct 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark says Jesus simply got up and went to Galilee.

People have survived far worse than hanging on a cross for a couple hours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 599,683
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min GREAT DAY OF ARMA... 40,881
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min It aint necessari... 864,671
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 33 min rohit 455
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 47 min Neelakaran 7,500
Is Obama Really Black? (Jul '09) 56 min I am me 34
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 6,471
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Lbj 1,996
More from around the web