Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#602870 Oct 22, 2013
Jesus aint no Messiah wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason xtians must 'prove it' to unbelievers is because one of the NT manuscripts state 'to preach the gospel to the world'.
IOW, you are to be ambassadors for your Jesus. If you can't provide the proof that the unbeliever asks for then you are not qualified to be a messenger.
BTW, Jesus was/is not god.
???

So, when did "preach" and "prove" became the same definition?

When did that happen? pray tell.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#602871 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:

ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE, yes.
ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE, no.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602872 Oct 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:

Since anyone, given the circumstance, can be a judge or magistrate, et al, then the broader application stands.
Else, it >only< applies to that narrow section of people(recall your insistence Leviticus is only for Levites).
The same standard would apply.
But Psalm 82 isn't just talking about anyone. Back then, magistrates and (especially) kings were considered gods or godlike. Psalm 82 is specifically talking about them, which is why God warns them that although they think they're gods, they will still face death one day.
Provide a miracle that is known and shown to only be done by your deity and you might have a point.
Life.

Since all the evidence we have suggests that life cannot create itself, it had to be created. I attribute that to God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602873 Oct 22, 2013
<quoted text>
You have a very detailed explanation as why you know the truth?
Now THAT is really funny, I don't care who you are.
Lol oops. Typo.

I meant to write gave, not have.

I gave a detailed explanation.......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602874 Oct 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't have a belief the whole '2012 end o' the world' sham was real, and yet at that time, I engaged people and argued against it. I do the same with many things I don't have a belief in.
It doesn't have to meet your approval as an arguable point or worthy point to argue against in order for me to present my views about that point and provide information that refutes, discredits or otherwise calls that point that is believed by some to be a reality into question.
All that it requires is that I decide to argue against it.
Very good, sir. I shared my opinion about it, you shared yours.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#602875 Oct 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even go there...
RR was the one requiring proof of an unbeliever providing a "miracle" in the light that his deity could.
Sooooo...I stated that he would need to provide the very same proof of the attested "miracle" firstly.....only then there can be a rational comparison, or even the prerequisite for contest.
Now, you attempt to say something other than what I had stated...as though I was the initiator of the requirement for proof, when I was simply attempting to keep the equation honest and fair.
You are reading something into the posts that doesn't even exist, and taking it to a strawman argument here, by totally misrepresenting what I stated(or the intent), and you know it.
Perhaps you feel the need to feel persecuted...You are barking up the wrong tree.

Black Thunder 42:
First you will have to prove the contention(that you posit) that your deity can actually perform a miracle. The hearsay you provide doesn't qualify as fact.
That what you write.

So---is it your contention that the historical context of Jesus' miracles are all hearsay and not eyewitness accounts?

You sure? are you as sure as when you declared Nazareth did not exist at the time of Jesus?

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#602876 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol oops. Typo.
I meant to write gave, not have.
I gave a detailed explanation.......
LOL, that's funny. Did the panic set in for a second when you thought you'd be asked for that detailed explanation?

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#602877 Oct 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI...Ben is Duane
Well no wonder he's been so nice to me LOl and I love his new name -- Thanks Epi TLC

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#602878 Oct 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Just driving by.....
Vrooom...Vrooom
C ya
:-P
Honk Honk -- waving at ya -- TLC
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#602879 Oct 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You mean that you were unable to benefit from any of my posting, which means that you either already knew all of that science, philosophy, vocabulary, and the like, or that such things have no value for you. Which is it?
<quoted text>
Yet you see your own posting here as useful - sort of a mission for your god.
Religion was probably a good place for you to end up. It suits you well.
<quoted text>
And you have yourself a blessed day, will you, sister? Jesus loves you.
(Was that better?)
Science has not proven that there is no God. Some scientist believes in God. I’m sorry Ians but your philosophy and vocabulary (your way of thinking) is of no use to me. That is why I read few of your posts. I’m not the only one that scrolls Ians. I don’t think you can say that you feel my beliefs are going to help you live a better life? Same difference.

No that was not better, you don’t believe and it was said sarcastically.

Sister, yes in that we all started from the same ancestors. Just not Sister in Christ.

Jesus loves you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602880 Oct 22, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, that's funny. Did the panic set in for a second when you thought you'd be asked for that detailed explanation?
No, I already gave it.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#602881 Oct 22, 2013
Wow the coffee pot is empty and the cookie tray all gone -- don't hear any music playing I guess Annie is so right "Silence"

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#602882 Oct 22, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
how's the ovaries dude?
what does that question have to do with your obsession with Christianity???

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#602883 Oct 22, 2013
<quoted text>
You mean that Jesus at one time wasn't a lord?
you seem very interested - why not study for yourself? careful though, you may end up a believer.....
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#602885 Oct 22, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
I must admit FB gets the majority of my computer time -- and I know what your talking about as for getting caught up in the intensity in here -- one must carry a broom at all times LOL
I'm still transporting for the agencies and I work 63 hours per week caring for two autistic consumers, so I do stay pretty busy.
We came in early HFN and met such wonderful eternal friends -- we have been so blessed.
I put this room back on my tracker so I will try and be more attentive and especially look for you --- TLC
You are busy!

Yes we have made some good friends. One day we will have that reunion and finally get to meet each other. Jesus will be at the head of the table too!!!

Looking forward to seeing you when you pop in.:)

Oh I think you may know who the person is that used the handle GOD. BA is him.
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#602886 Oct 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Amen ~ We come from the four corners of the earth (wooops, the 4 directions of the earth) and we find each other!! Those that believe they have resurrected and improved this forum were not here when it started, and they will never understand until they try to understand.... Glad that most of us drop in on occasion, or write often, and we will endure as we have in the past xxx
Blessings of everything nice to you my Quin, SeRaH :)
Yes old friend, Sister Quad, we have met from all over the place. If it wasn’t for topix we would not have. I’m glad I got on because of that. Also when we were all posting the growing I did. I know God lead me here. If He wants me here then here I will be. If not and He has other plans for me then I’ll do that. I hope we stay in touch though, either way.:)
HFN, SeRaH

Nottingham, UK

#602887 Oct 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what does that question have to do with your obsession with Christianity???
...6 posts on an internet forum in 10 days does not an obsession make, m'lady.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#602888 Oct 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Great choice of Scriptures; some may get a gleaning of meaning.....
Sadly you may be right. But it was for those that waned to get something out of it.

Nottingham, UK

#602889 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I already gave it.
oh really? Where is it so I may peruse this masterpiece.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#602890 Oct 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's hilarious! You're so quick on your feet. And what a wonderful opportunity to share scripture with him after that.
Thanks for sharing.
Pissed off?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min here 47,748
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Joe Fortuna 971,546
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 46 min Classic 3,674
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 1 hr Baby-j2cra 164
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr 2all 646,307
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,004
Ladies, what is the sexual act you most enjoy? 1 hr Mustang GT Girl 4
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr oneear69 38,711
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr Ficken Facts 105,566
More from around the web