“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#602769 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I think that no humans, small or large groups, are Gods or Godlike.....
Then the Bible is lying according to you.

OK

“Love much, trust none”

There

#602770 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
....Do a miracle like God can do,.....
I, along with millions of other humans, have done infinitely more good on this Earth than your deity has.

Your deity does nothing and is nothing.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#602771 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no punctuation in ancient Hebrew, either.....
Yes, there is.

Thanks proving once again that you constantly lie about things you know nothing about.

It isn't your fault it is what your religion teaches you to do.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#602772 Oct 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
...So what good did it do you to be a big G or a small g......
I helped make the world a better place along with billions of other Gods.

I taught men to fish. I fed the starving, comforted the dejected, clothed the homeless and gave back more than I recieved.

Your deity hasn't done a thing in 2000 years.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#602773 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I think that no humans, small or large groups, are Gods or Godlike.
The Psalm agrees with me. It's meaning is really quote simple, the judges and magistrates of the time were considered gods, not a god and definitely not God.
If you think you are a god Ben, listen to Jesus:
"Hasn't it been written in your Law,'I said, you are gods'? If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came, do you say to Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world,'You are blaspheming'; because I said,'I am the Son of God'? If I do not do the works of my Father, do not believe Me..." John 10:34-37
G'head.... Do a miracle like God can do, then and only then will I concede and consider you a god.
First you will have to prove the contention(that you posit) that your deity can actually perform a miracle. The hearsay you provide doesn't qualify as fact.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#602774 Oct 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morn'n LW.
You have to understand that the OT was rewritten by the bishops.The original Hebrew writings were not written as you see them now. They are "redacted" copies of earlier versions.
Ben is correct.
Okay Cap Ben is correct. He is the Big G.
Bible True Jehovah Laws

Baltimore, MD

#602775 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
True, the fraudulent and error filled mistranslations of the Hebrew Scriptures have a lot that is not in the 2200 year old originals.
Basically, you think King James is God.
OK
sir
Lill whisper Bible is not original hebrew Bible,
hebrew alphabet doesn't have big G,or small "g"
they have to read Hebrew language Bible,
you are right,lill thinks that King James was God

Since: May 11

UK

#602776 Oct 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Then address them. Without using the Bible as your reference.
"I believe that all Scripture is God breathed, as it states in the Bible.

Because according to the Bible, God's voice and God's breath is extremely powerful. All He did was speak it, and the world him into existence."

Et Voila! circular reasoning.

Now you want me to reference the inaccuracies(either by design or simply plain historical howlers) in the bible without actually referencing the words which are inaccurate?

Did your parents have any children who lived?
Cialapiej jajeczko

Baltimore, MD

#602777 Oct 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer I offer depends on who I am talking to and how they think.
[1] To an evidence based thinker - a rational skeptic - I offer reason and evidence.
Evidence tells us that the universe and the earth had a beginning. Reason tells us that because of that, life on earth must have had a beginning as well. Reason tells us that either life arose spontaneously and undesigned within that universe, or that life of some type that is older than the universe and outside of it is responsible.
If it is the former, then life either arose naturalistically on earth, or that it arose arose naturalistically elsewhere in the universe after which the earth was seeded with life from afar.
If it was the latter, we need to posit the existence of the supernatural - the extranatural, really. By that I mean some reality outside of our nature.
Reason and evidence both insist that the complex is derived from the simple. Occam's razor tells us that the most parsimonious explanation with sufficient explanatory power is the best one, and evidence has supported that.
The god hypothesis suffers at several levels. It is needlessly complex. If life can form from simple chemicals and their known properties, then invoking a god to do the job adds needless complexity. The god hypothesis would only go to the top of the list if we were sure that nature was not up to the task. There is a tremendous amount of evidence to suggest that it may well be.
Furthermore, the god itself would need to be much more complex than the natural life it is invoked to create, which itself requires an explanation. Positing the existence of something that complex having no beginning presents a problem greater than the one we are trying to answer. Reason tells us that such a thing could not have always existed if it were uncreated, but that it would have needed to form spontaneously and evolved in its extranatural realm.
Moreover, we would expect evidence of such a being to be abundant. After several centuries of examining the universe at all scales including the telescopic and the microscopic, we have found looks like it must have been designed - not the particles, atoms and molecules of the microscopic world, nor the nebula, moons, planets, stars, galaxies and clusters of galaxies of the cosmological world, nor the rocks, mountains, rivers, clouds and atmosphere comprising the scale of everyday experience.
Not only have we failed to find evidence of an extranatural, sentient, intelligent, purposive and potent agent, we keep finding that such a thing is not necessary to explain most of the rest of nature. Why should just this one aspect of this one scale - life on earth - be different? Insisting that it is before ruling out the possibility that it isn't is unjustified. It only becomes reasonable to invoke the supernatural if we find unmistakable evidence of it, or eliminate the possibility that naturalistic processes are up to the task. We have done neither.
Therefore, reason and evidence suggest that undirected naturalisitc process are the most likely explanation for the presence of life on earth, and that an uncreated, eternal, extranatural, infinitely complex supernatural intelligence is the least likely.
That's what I tell somebody whose thinking is evidence and reason based.
[2] To the faith based thinker, I say that since you can have faith in anything or its opposite, pick whatever answer you like and believe it.
you are dumb but idiot,
if you want to write book,try to stop write worthless books on this topic, and spend time on your book during your private worthless life/

nobody read your S... and most people despise all your posts,and you alone?

Since: May 11

UK

#602778 Oct 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
First you will have to prove the contention(that you posit) that your deity can actually perform a miracle. The hearsay you provide doesn't qualify as fact.
Legends aren't hearsay.

i.e. King Arthur and the knights of the round table do not count as hearsay, and that legend is as valid as the biblical fables.

Location hidden

#602779 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I helped make the world a better place along with billions of other Gods.
I taught men to fish. I fed the starving, comforted the dejected, clothed the homeless and gave back more than I recieved.
Your deity hasn't done a thing in 2000 years.
Yes He has Ben he used people like me and afew others to love you just as your are good, bad or indifferent. Even at the expense of being called a liar, a parasite, or a quilted blanket. To be bashed, slammed, mocked spit on and dragged thur the mud. For your information My big letter G been around way before any writing came about. I told you of the breath and I told you of birth and death but think I keep the rest to myself. Thank you.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#602780 Oct 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all Gods.

In Psalm 82, El admonishes humans (Elohim) that we should live up to the responsibilities of being Gods even though we have a limited amount of time on this plane and will be replaced by other Gods.

It is a very deep allegory and fits everyone from world leaders to a farmer in his field.

It is we humans that have have been given a scared task, yet we often ignore it or reject for personal temporary gain.
"What does it profit you to gain the world and lose your righteousness in the process?" - Jesus

“Love much, trust none”

There

#602781 Oct 22, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Legends aren't hearsay.
i.e. King Arthur and the knights of the round table do not count as hearsay, and that legend is as valid as the biblical fables.
True.

Arthurian and Christian stories have much in common.

A believable story which over time becomes a fantasy epic.
Bible True Jehovah Laws

Baltimore, MD

#602782 Oct 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morn'n LW.
You have to understand that the OT was rewritten by the bishops.The original Hebrew writings were not written as you see them now. They are "redacted" copies of earlier versions.
Ben is correct.
rabbe and jewish ancient scribes and God worshipers or prophets were not Bishops,nor popes,nor stupid ones like you?
till today hebrew alphabet letters are same size and same thoughts,each hebrew letter have practical meaning,
psalm 82;6 ..doesn't describe word"gods" directed to Goyim,pagans or jewish slaves
not you,not ben Adam nor lill whispers have any clue about hebrew living alphabet letters,and size

klick jewish links and learn basic hebrew alphabet,instead babling BS

Location hidden

#602783 Oct 22, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"I believe that all Scripture is God breathed, as it states in the Bible.
Because according to the Bible, God's voice and God's breath is extremely powerful. All He did was speak it, and the world him into existence."
Et Voila! circular reasoning.
Now you want me to reference the inaccuracies(either by design or simply plain historical howlers) in the bible without actually referencing the words which are inaccurate?
Did your parents have any children who lived?
And my point is you had to use the bible to cover your point otherwise you have nothing and nothing is nothing without the writtings period.

Location hidden

#602784 Oct 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...I didn't say that either.
Truth is...it doesn't really matter. We are all part of the ALL. We therefore share in that essence equally at that level.
When your vessel dies it, that part simply changes forms(disperses), and reconnects with nature in different ways than your biological amalgamation did. Your essence never changes...it is the absolute thread of all existence(as you know it).
That being said, Everything is the ALL...humans tend to try to limit that as a deity(GOD)- which is depreciating it's actuality....and it is wrong.

Location hidden

#602785 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all Gods.
In Psalm 82, El admonishes humans (Elohim) that we should live up to the responsibilities of being Gods even though we have a limited amount of time on this plane and will be replaced by other Gods.
It is a very deep allegory and fits everyone from world leaders to a farmer in his field.
It is we humans that have have been given a scared task, yet we often ignore it or reject for personal temporary gain.
"What does it profit you to gain the world and lose your righteousness in the process?" - Jesus
So Ben tell this silly lil gal what can you do without love of the heart??????????

Location hidden

#602786 Oct 22, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Legends aren't hearsay.
I don't see the comparison to "miracle" proof.

Location hidden

#602787 Oct 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...I didn't say that either.
Truth is...it doesn't really matter. We are all part of the ALL. We therefore share in that essence equally at that level.
When your vessel dies it, that part simply changes forms(disperses), and reconnects with nature in different ways than your biological amalgamation did. Your essence never changes...it is the absolute thread of all existence(as you know it).
That being said, Everything is the ALL...humans tend to try to limit that as a deity(GOD)- which is depreciating it's actuality....and it is wrong.
I apolize Cap, My God is not of human forms.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#602788 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't hang out, discussing shit I don't believe in all day long like y'all do.
What's your take on people that will hang out all day long arguing with those other people that hang out all day long discussing shit that they don't believe?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Buck Crick 830,778
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min AussieBobby 40,239
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 21 min dollarsbill 3,683
I wish God would get rid of all homosexuals in ... 25 min Rosa_Winkel 10
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 32 min sangili karuppan 6,411
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 586,013
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr lightbeamrider 2,320
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 99,328
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Rick in Kansas 270,840
More from around the web