“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#602703 Oct 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
What ?
That made no sense. Please clarify.
Simple as John 3:16 Whosoever believeth on Gods only begotten Son -- any race any color
people have labeled - God didn't label -- Baptist, Catholic, Protestant - Seventh Day Adventist etc ---

I love how Mark Lowry put it in his Broadway show -- all these denominations under one roof - and somebody is wrong LOl

I got a feeling there are folks up there that never entered a Church in their life -- but simply believed by faith --

Anyway time for me to get some sleep clock is ticking after midnight -- TLC

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#602704 Oct 21, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh ~ Goosebumps received down here, after reading your posting!! Some people, sweet Sister of many, just miss out on so much :)
Indeed they do Serah -- I'm thankful we have this opportunity to share friendship as God has brought us together ==

Your goosebumps tickle me LOL --

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#602705 Oct 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
... What good is the belief if it doesn't produce positive results?...
For those I mentioned, I believe it does.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#602706 Oct 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
(Yeah, but the bleevers don't get that)
They can't. They are taught to only believe the lies they are told.

It is a cult of deceit. Christianity would collapse if they they taught the truth.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#602707 Oct 21, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple as John 3:16 Whosoever believeth on Gods only begotten Son -- any race any color
people have labeled - God didn't label -- Baptist, Catholic, Protestant - Seventh Day Adventist etc ---
I love how Mark Lowry put it in his Broadway show -- all these denominations under one roof - and somebody is wrong LOl
I got a feeling there are folks up there that never entered a Church in their life -- but simply believed by faith --
Anyway time for me to get some sleep clock is ticking after midnight -- TLC
So you believe the proven blasphemy and fraud known as the Gospel of John.
OK

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#602708 Oct 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
My opinion was that we brought stimulation that made the thread better.
Here For Now wrote:
You Ians, personally, did nothing good for this thread.
You mean that you were unable to benefit from any of my posting, which means that you either already knew all of that science, philosophy, vocabulary, and the like, or that such things have no value for you. Which is it?
Here For Now wrote:
I have been on topix a long time and we have survived and are still on topix and will be as long as God has a use for us here.

Yet you see your own posting here as useful - sort of a mission for your god.

Religion was probably a good place for you to end up. It suits you well.
Here For Now wrote:
Have a good day/night
And you have yourself a blessed day, will you, sister? Jesus loves you.

(Was that better?)

Since: May 11

UK

#602709 Oct 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
He can't stand it when someone asks a question about the snake oil he's selling.
...prove it!

Go!

LoL

Since: May 11

UK

#602710 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear Scar, have you not been paying attention ? Christianity jas nothing to do with Jesus.
It is the Roman Cult of Paul with the Gnostic Gospel of John.
The cult founded by Jesus died within a hundred years of his own death. The offshoots were finally crucified by the Romans in 350 AD.
Surely the bible arrived with a bang in its present form without any human intervention of cherry-picking of the contents at all. No?

...Because, if the New Testament canon was selected purely for the parts which married up with the 'prophesies' in the Old Testament and more importantly, didn't threaten social order at the time... that would not make it a book of unerring 'god breathed' scripture, but more a manufactured book of 'what is currently convenient'.

“All your bullets ricochet”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#602711 Oct 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Early, and Middle.
"Beowulf" and Chaucer.
Cool thanks!

You can get a modern version of the Canterbury Tales, they do call it "translated".

Fennario

#602712 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Christian God exists then it deserves to be crucified.
I have asked Christians why if it were possible to kill their god and releasing the billions of human souls it has trapped forever in its torture chamber wouldn't be the highest moral good possible and the greatest act of love ever, and none will answer me. Go figure.

Maybe Here For Now would like to take a crack at that if she can tear herself away from those thought provoking scriptures she has been posting.

Fennario

#602713 Oct 22, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
"The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth" That is so helpful and interesting. Thanks for all you do for the thread.

The South Pole

#602714 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
I have listened to all you Christians and all I see is lies and ignorance.
What sane or decent person chooses a way of life based on lies and ignorance.
What I have learned is that Christians do not follow a single teaching of Jesus. In fact, I have seem more non-believers embody the teachings of Jesus than Christians here.
Hi, Ben. I've seen a lot of that behaviour off-line too. It's just a lot more obvious here.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Fennario

#602715 Oct 22, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
One time I mistakenly wore a pair of pants to work with the price tag still on it. This guy saw it, told me and took it off for me. I said,“well I wanted everyone to know how much I paid for them”.
HFN
That's hilarious! You're so quick on your feet. And what a wonderful opportunity to share scripture with him after that.

Thanks for sharing.

The South Pole

#602716 Oct 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Rich and powerful people hold back the plentiful food available! Astounded you even asked the question.... thought everyone could see or understand what is happening, once they have understanding of money, power, greed and politics.
But that does not have a reflection on the Scriptures, that is a straight out reflection on man(kind)...
Mengistu Haile Mariam, the ex-dictator of Ethiopia did that back in the 80s. It was mainly to enforce communism, plus punish the Eritreans for wanting independence.

He was convicted of genocide in absentia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mengistu_Haile_M...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983-1985_famine...

My old neighbours were Eritreans.

The South Pole

#602717 Oct 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I have asked Christians why if it were possible to kill their god and releasing the billions of human souls it has trapped forever in its torture chamber wouldn't be the highest moral good possible and the greatest act of love ever, and none will answer me. Go figure.
Maybe Here For Now would like to take a crack at that if she can tear herself away from those thought provoking scriptures she has been posting.
IMO it sounds like something out of a sci-fi movie.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#602718 Oct 22, 2013
It is October 22nd 2013....

:-)

“Charm is the ability to make someone else think
that both of you are pretty wonderful.”

~Kathleen Winsor

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#602719 Oct 22, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, again, I am led to pray for pastors--the shepherds you have placed over the church today. They have great responsibility as they "lead the flock." They must set examples, deliver the Word, teach biblical principles, lead and instruct, counsel and pray, and so much more. Sometimes their load becomes so heavy as they are scrutinized by others and looked up to by so many. I pray that each will have an Aaron to come alongside to encourage and pray for them and to help with the tasks of ministry each day. I pray that you will anoint them anew with power through the Holy Spirit, with wisdom and knowledge. I pray for protection upon them and their families. Bless your servants, dear God. Thank you in the name of Jesus, amen.

Prime time with GOd

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#602720 Oct 22, 2013
Encouraging Words....

I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

John 5:24

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#602721 Oct 22, 2013
Cool.....

I have a "Game Over" badge

What does that mean?....Has this all been a GAME?

LOL

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#602722 Oct 22, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to meet you BenAdam -- please note I'm not here to prove anything to you -- from all I"ve read thus far I think you are intelligent enough and have formed your own belief system.
I don't need to argue Gods Word but I will say this Heaven is full of denominations and no denominations --
TLC
FYI...Ben is Duane

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 733,765
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 min Neelakaran 5,363
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 539,420
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Eagle 12 226,516
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Dr_Zorderz 258,147
Do Albanian men like hispanic/latina women? (Aug '11) 16 min Pipebomb 68
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 20 min Senecus 2,516
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Jim Justice 118,092
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 22 hr Tiffany 107
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••