Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#602741 Oct 22, 2013
God presides over heaven's court,he pronounces judgment on the judges. How long will you judges hand down unjust decisions. How long will you shower special favors on the wicked.
Give fair judgment to the poor and the orphan uphold the rights of the oppressed and the destitute. Rescue the poor and helpless, deliver them the from the grasp of evil people. But theses oppressors know nothing, they are ignorant. And because they are in darkness the whole world is shaken to the core. I say you are god (little g) and children of most high. But in death you are mere man. You will fall as any prince for all must die. Rise up O God (large G) and judge the earth for all the nations belong to you.

One verision of Psalms 82

Location hidden

#602742 Oct 22, 2013
God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.(small g). How long will ye judge unjustly and accept the persons of wicked. Selah.
Defend the poor and fatherless; do justice to the afflicted and the needy.
Deliver the poor and needy rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
They know not neither will they understand they walk on in darkness all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
I have said, Ye are gods(little g) and all of you are children of the most high.
But ye shall die like men and fall like one of the princes.
Arise O God (large G) judge the earth for thou shalt inherit all nations.

Another version of Psalms 82

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#602743 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that all Scripture is God breathed, as it states in the Bible.
Because according to the Bible, God's voice and God's breath is extremely powerful. All He did was speak it, and the world him into existence. All he did was breathe into the nostrils of Adam and he became a sentient being.
I believe these things happened.
...perfectly circular reasoning.*applause*

The bible is true because the bible says it is true.

....when it obviously isn't.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#602745 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant. We were talking about the Holy Spirit and where it dwells.
<quoted text>
Correct. Which is why in my first post about this to you, I said "I believe God is everywhere, always."
<quoted text>
His interpretation is flawed.
That fact is easily illustrated by his refusal to answer my questions about Psalm 82:6.
<quoted text>
Of course. If he said saint thing like "I believe it says we are all gods", I probably wouldn't care. But when he says "You're a moron and you're wrong. We are all gods because Psalm 82:6 says we are"..... I just gotsta check him.
.. Ben is correct, on this planet humans are gods ..

.. I like fantasy, it awakens my creativity, engages slumbering brain cells ..

.. in his Christian anarchist thinking, Leo Tolstoy wrote, "The Kingdom of God Is Within You." Aristotle called it 'Being.' In Luke 17:21, Jesus gave voice to to this universal and timeless teaching...

.. in Hinduism it's called Yoga, in Buddhism, Nirvana, in RR's world it's the Holy Spirit. Slice it anyway you want; it's still the same age-old message about finding the very center of your being ..

.. there is no right or wrong, ultimate truth lies within the individual, not a book or religious indoctrination ..

Location hidden

#602746 Oct 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I have asked Christians why if it were possible to kill their god and releasing the billions of human souls it has trapped forever in its torture chamber wouldn't be the highest moral good possible and the greatest act of love ever, and none will answer me. Go figure.
Maybe Here For Now would like to take a crack at that if she can tear herself away from those thought provoking scriptures she has been posting.
And yet you ask of others what you would not be willing to do yourself. You would like to kill their God but the great hunter you are of believers and followers just can not get the job done.
What is so very amusing you have to use materials from the Bible and Churches to make your point. Where would you be without those materials to use. Demand proof of what that you are a mere human is all.

Location hidden

#602747 Oct 22, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it without using the Bible.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#602748 Oct 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. in his Christian anarchist thinking, Leo Tolstoy wrote, "The Kingdom of God Is Within You." Aristotle called it 'Being.' In Luke 17:21, Jesus gave voice to to this universal and timeless teaching...
.. in Hinduism it's called Yoga, in Buddhism, Nirvana, in RR's world it's the Holy Spirit. Slice it anyway you want; it's still the same age-old message about finding the very center of your being ..
.. there is no right or wrong, ultimate truth lies within the individual, not a book or religious indoctrination ..
Ben is not referring to what you are. He's referring to a particular Bible passage and using that to say we are all gods. He is incorrect. The Psalm says "you are all gods" but it is not implying "you" as "everyone". It's talking about a select few people. And it's using "gods" not "Gods", which has a different meaning altogether.

You're referring to a person's inner being, karma, chakra, ego, soul, consciousness, personhood, individualism, Self, whatever. That is your belief and I can't (and won't) knock you for it.

Can you explain what you mean by "on this planet humans are gods" in more detail?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602749 Oct 22, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
Are you not using similar reasoning?

"Ole Chap is right because Ole Chap say he's right"

Nottingham, UK

#602750 Oct 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it without using the Bible.
define "it".

Location hidden

#602751 Oct 22, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
define "it".
No you define your statement without the use of the Bible.

Demanding of others beliefs do the walk bud or fold.

Nottingham, UK

#602752 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not using similar reasoning?
"Ole Chap is right because Ole Chap say he's right"
No, I'm simply describing what you said.

Nottingham, UK

#602753 Oct 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
No you define your statement without the use of the Bible.
Demanding of others beliefs do the walk bud or fold.
I made several, pick one.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#602754 Oct 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
"When you finally remove all the masks of God, you will find yourself staring back." - J. Campbell

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#602755 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
They don;t realize that the first five books of the Bible are the texts of a polytheistic Hebrew religion. The shift to monotheism in Judaism is still incomplete, Islam and Christianity are even worse. The greatest example is the existence of the Evil God, Satan. They think that if they don't use the "G word" then it isn't a deity.

Just more proof these religions are only for the ignorant and deceitful.
Speaking of which, I have been so troubled by Here For Now's brave confession that she has been unable to glean anything of value from anything that I have written that I went to work to come up with something that would speak to her at a level that could speak to her, and here is what I came up with:

Did you realize that "Here For Now" and "Hereford Cow" only differ by two letters?

And moo cows are cute, so there's that too.

For everybody else, I wanted to reproduce a post here that I just left elsewhere. It's next.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#602756 Oct 22, 2013
Eagle 12 wrote:
What’s so obviously funny to many of us is your lack of ability to explain to us how all life started here on Earth. Yet you believe it happened by happenstance, self creation. You have no scientific proof just a bucket full of theories. You don’t have a freaking clue and neither do scientist. It could have been this or it could have been that they say. All wild a*s guesses.
The answer I offer depends on who I am talking to and how they think.

[1] To an evidence based thinker - a rational skeptic - I offer reason and evidence.

Evidence tells us that the universe and the earth had a beginning. Reason tells us that because of that, life on earth must have had a beginning as well. Reason tells us that either life arose spontaneously and undesigned within that universe, or that life of some type that is older than the universe and outside of it is responsible.

If it is the former, then life either arose naturalistically on earth, or that it arose arose naturalistically elsewhere in the universe after which the earth was seeded with life from afar.

If it was the latter, we need to posit the existence of the supernatural - the extranatural, really. By that I mean some reality outside of our nature.

Reason and evidence both insist that the complex is derived from the simple. Occam's razor tells us that the most parsimonious explanation with sufficient explanatory power is the best one, and evidence has supported that.

The god hypothesis suffers at several levels. It is needlessly complex. If life can form from simple chemicals and their known properties, then invoking a god to do the job adds needless complexity. The god hypothesis would only go to the top of the list if we were sure that nature was not up to the task. There is a tremendous amount of evidence to suggest that it may well be.

Furthermore, the god itself would need to be much more complex than the natural life it is invoked to create, which itself requires an explanation. Positing the existence of something that complex having no beginning presents a problem greater than the one we are trying to answer. Reason tells us that such a thing could not have always existed if it were uncreated, but that it would have needed to form spontaneously and evolved in its extranatural realm.

Moreover, we would expect evidence of such a being to be abundant. After several centuries of examining the universe at all scales including the telescopic and the microscopic, we have found looks like it must have been designed - not the particles, atoms and molecules of the microscopic world, nor the nebula, moons, planets, stars, galaxies and clusters of galaxies of the cosmological world, nor the rocks, mountains, rivers, clouds and atmosphere comprising the scale of everyday experience.

Not only have we failed to find evidence of an extranatural, sentient, intelligent, purposive and potent agent, we keep finding that such a thing is not necessary to explain most of the rest of nature. Why should just this one aspect of this one scale - life on earth - be different? Insisting that it is before ruling out the possibility that it isn't is unjustified. It only becomes reasonable to invoke the supernatural if we find unmistakable evidence of it, or eliminate the possibility that naturalistic processes are up to the task. We have done neither.

Therefore, reason and evidence suggest that undirected naturalisitc process are the most likely explanation for the presence of life on earth, and that an uncreated, eternal, extranatural, infinitely complex supernatural intelligence is the least likely.

That's what I tell somebody whose thinking is evidence and reason based.

[2] To the faith based thinker, I say that since you can have faith in anything or its opposite, pick whatever answer you like and believe it.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#602757 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ben is not referring to what you are. He's referring to a particular Bible passage and using that to say we are all gods. He is incorrect. The Psalm says "you are all gods" but it is not implying "you" as "everyone". It's talking about a select few people. And it's using "gods" not "Gods", which has a different meaning altogether.
You're referring to a person's inner being, karma, chakra, ego, soul, consciousness, personhood, individualism, Self, whatever. That is your belief and I can't (and won't) knock you for it.
Can you explain what you mean by "on this planet humans are gods" in more detail?
You are still lying about me.

You think that only a special group of humans were Gods.
I say if SOME Humans are Gods then ALL humans are Gods.

Even Genesis says we are Gods with the only difference being mortality.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#602758 Oct 22, 2013
There is no letter cases in Hebrew.

That Christians make a distinction between "Gods" and "gods" simply proves their own ignorance and/or deceit.

What sick and twisted deity demands it servants to be either very stupid or very dishonest ?

Location hidden

#602759 Oct 22, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I made several, pick one.
Then address them. Without using the Bible as your reference.

Location hidden

#602760 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
There is no letter cases in Hebrew.
That Christians make a distinction between "Gods" and "gods" simply proves their own ignorance and/or deceit.
What sick and twisted deity demands it servants to be either very stupid or very dishonest ?
Nothing dishonest about it. Psalms 82 is written with both the big G and a small g. Prove otherwise. It all in black and white print for all to see.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602761 Oct 22, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm simply describing what you said.
Did you just repeat me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 17 min Dang Jersey Piney 448,361
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 20 min Richard The Lion... 79,510
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr candlesmell 701,416
Arsonist strikes @ Little Rock Pregnancy Planni... 1 hr Cowards 2
The Last TRUMP (Donald Trump) Of God 1 hr Prophecy 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 995,743
Trump Jr met with a CONVICTED PEDOPHILE during ... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 7