|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Cherianne wrote:
Hi IANS - "She's not a waste of my time." She is one of the kindest people that I know on this earth. In fact I do not think that I have come across someone kinder. Thank you for saying that she is not a waste of space.
My pleasure, Cherianne. Yes, I think everybody likes Whispers.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I need my naps between 'messing around' sessions. LOL
Formula for fellows like you. Wrap them in soft blanket, pop head on soft pillow. Peck on forehead. Slip note in the hand that reads
I be back for a sample latter. LOL

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Formula for fellows like you. Wrap them in soft blanket, pop head on soft pillow. Peck on forehead. Slip note in the hand that reads
I be back for a sample latter. LOL
That will work just fine. <smooch>

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's too bad you don't even know what mythology is.
You don't know what I know, troll.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
My pleasure, Cherianne. Yes, I think everybody likes Whispers.
Wooooooooooooooooooo I can smell what your cookin and tis not food either. <smile>
RogerThat

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

When we have Jesus, we have EVERYTHING.

http://youtu.be/cU6ix_cQQ2E

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what I know, troll.
Yes, I do.
I know that your posts are full of misinformation and outright lies.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you shouldn't have dropped out of grade school.
I definitely shouldn't have.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. do NOT implicate me in this drama. A CHRISTIAN who lives in Russell Springs, KY e-mailed YD's employer about spending the day on their computer instead of working. This individual felt her employer should know ..
.. Booots called Social Services and the police because he was concerned about her mother. Every Christian defends YD for her campaign against gay marriage and homosexuality. She's now posting as Walter-Walter, her 5th alias:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/russell-sprin...
.. one of her relatives has communicated with me and they're trying to have her committed ..
.. most Christians want drama, not peace. The morals, common sense and belligerence of MOST Christians on Topix is pathetic and I, for one, will no longer try to be to courteous. It's hopeless ..
You defended Boots for his part in it.

You dont think Darwin wants drama? You dont think Ians wants drama.

I do, and I for one will no longer try top be courteous. Its hopeless..........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
What matters the most is not how far one get thru the ranks but how well they road the bumps in the road and those very sharp curves when they were thrown out of the rumble seat. This is a parable of my Dad's. You are still rider to me.
;0)

Thanks for sharin that LW..........

I dropped out. Its a fact of life, I regret it, but I've moved on and I've done the best I could with the education I have.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do.
I know that your posts are full of misinformation and outright lies.
You're the admitted liar here, dude.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
;0)
I dropped out. Its a fact of life, I regret it, but I've moved on and I've done the best I could with the education I have.
There is no shame in that. Good for you!

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

<quoted text>
;0)
Don't worry about it, bro. I dropped out, too. Halfway through 11th grade. I regret it. I got my HSD though, 4 years later when I was applying for the Army.

I also regret not having enough intelligence to create a time machine to go back and change it.

:)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I do, and I for one will no longer try top be courteous. Its hopeless..........
Ya know Rider...you and I have managed to remain "friends" and "civil" to one another despite a few bumps along the way. I understand about the trying to remain courteous...I think at times it is hopeless...unless that you just want to remain...silent. Hard to at times express your own beliefs without offending others at times.

I see a different side to some of your posts that I have read...do you not think that some "regulars" also love the drama?

You mentioned yesterday that there were those ganging up on LW, Skom and Riverside. First off...I think RR loves the drama...he did after all follow them here...he didn't post on this thread before the "others" became regulars. He posted with them on other thread though...so he knew their opinions.

I think LW likes the challenge...she seems to derive some joy from being able to "fight back". I don't know...just what I see.

As far as them ganging up on Skom...do you really think that he is all "innocent"? Steve has always been involved in most "debates" that take place here...I truly don't see him as a victim. I think he gives as well and sometimes better than what he receives.

Oh well...I am almost through with this thread anyway...I spend most of my time here writing posts and then deleting them...just as I probably should this one.

Later gator...

...and BTW...a man is not judged by his education...but how he uses what he does know...at least in my opinion. The man that had the biggest influence in my life...had little formal education after the 3rd grade...after that...what he knew...he worked hard to learn.

Just wanted you to know that.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
.. you cannot control what people do and Boooots is capable of defending himself. Many people, including myself, tried to dissuade him from calling the police; we knew law enforcement would not intervene ..
<quoted text>
.. my crystal ball is somewhat cloudy today ..
<quoted text>I do, and I for one will no longer try top be courteous. Its hopeless..........
.. when someone says, "Humans are worthless," I refuse to remain silent. Even from a Christian perspective, such a statement is vile. If man is made in God's image, this very statement defiles their God. To have my post met with "LOL's & Goofy" slams all humanity ..

.. if you could paint a picture of God, what would it look like? Would He be stern, prideful, stubborn and mean? Or, kind, compassionate and benevolent? If humans are created in God's image, what would your picture reveal ??..

.. if Christians are suppose to be the reflection of a god, MOST paintings would resemble the final chapter of A PORTRAIT OF DORIAN GRAY ..

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go lying again.

You realize that you suffer a severe mental illness, right ?

Pseudologia fantastica (AKA Pathological lying):

"Pseudologia fantastica, mythomania, compulsive lying, or pathological lying are four of several terms applied by psychiatrists to the behavior of habitual or compulsive lying.[1][2] It was first described in the medical literature in 1891 by Anton Delbrueck.[2] Although it is a controversial topic,[2] pathological lying has been defined as "falsification entirely disproportionate to any discernible end in view, may be extensive and very complicated, and may manifest over a period of years or even a lifetime".[1] The individual may be aware they are lying, or may believe they are telling the truth, being unaware that they are relating fantasies."

Dike CC, Baranoski M, Griffith EE (2005). "Pathological lying revisited". The Journal of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law 33 : 342–9. PMID 16186198.

Dike, Charles C.(June 1, 2008). Pathological Lying: Symptom or Disease? 25

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know Rider...you and I have managed to remain "friends" and "civil" to one another despite a few bumps along the way. I understand about the trying to remain courteous...I think at times it is hopeless...unless that you just want to remain...silent. Hard to at times express your own beliefs without offending others at times.
I see a different side to some of your posts that I have read...do you not think that some "regulars" also love the drama?
You mentioned yesterday that there were those ganging up on LW, Skom and Riverside. First off...I think RR loves the drama...he did after all follow them here...he didn't post on this thread before the "others" became regulars. He posted with them on other thread though...so he knew their opinions.
I think LW likes the challenge...she seems to derive some joy from being able to "fight back". I don't know...just what I see.
As far as them ganging up on Skom...do you really think that he is all "innocent"? Steve has always been involved in most "debates" that take place here...I truly don't see him as a victim. I think he gives as well and sometimes better than what he receives.
Oh well...I am almost through with this thread anyway...I spend most of my time here writing posts and then deleting them...just as I probably should this one.
Later gator...
...and BTW...a man is not judged by his education...but how he uses what he does know...at least in my opinion. The man that had the biggest influence in my life...had little formal education after the 3rd grade...after that...what he knew...he worked hard to learn.
Agreed.

I don;t hold anyone's education, or lack there of, as a judge of their character.
I do confront those who pretend that their education is other than what it is and belittle those who have a better, different, more education.

BTW, I consider Bible College to be an 'UN'education.
That makes a big difference in my opinion of them.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Later gator...
What "others" are you talking about? The only folks I remember posting to on PTAG and here are IANS, HL & Catcher. I don't remember posting to Skom or LW over there.

And I only started posting here because, believe it or not, this thread is much more civil than PTAG.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:

BenAdam wrote:
There you go lying again.
Siiiigh.....

Lamchop: "Ya, it's me, G_O_D. Sorry I lied and tried to pretend I was someone else."

You were saying?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
The Secret Gospel of Mark IV – Tying Secret Mark to Canonical Mark.
In the Theodore Letter, Clement tells us where the two fragments of Secret Mark belong in canonical Mark. The first and longer of the two sections goes between Mark 10:34 and 0:35. And because of the parallels with John’s story of Lazarus, this is not surprising, since this is the same point in John’s narrative where the Lazarus story appears, and this story seems to be an earlier version of Lazarus’ story.
The second scrap of Secret Mark goes between the first and second sentences in Mark 10:46, making the verse read:
"And he comes into Jericho. And the sister of the young man Jesus loved was there with his mother and Salome, but Jesus received them not. And as he was leaving Jericho with his disciples and a sizable crowd, Bartimaeus, a blind man, the son of Timaeus, sat by the roadside begging."
Morton Smith argued that there probably was more to the Jericho narrative in Secret Mark than what Clement lets on in the Theodore Letter. According to Smith, the last clause in the new sentence,“but Jesus received them not,” was a phrase canonical Mark never uses but Clement often did -- that is, Clement deleted material from the pericope before relaying it to Theodore.
It is important to note that Mark 10:46 in the canon represents a well-known lacuna -- or gap -- in canonical Mark, and it is likely the Carpocratian version of Mark contained even more material that filled that gap with details of what Jesus did in Jericho.
My guess? It contained some of the material that later found its way into John in modified form as the very late addition known as the Pericope Adulterae.
for anyone who wants to know:

regarding these so-called other/'secret gospels'; the key word to note and be leary of is "secret"

Jesus said "...and in secret I have said nothing" jn 18:21

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 575,401 - 575,420 of596,481
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

566 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min andet1987 216,631
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min truth 511,916
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Zioni 109,496
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 7 min andet1987 3,314
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min pusherman_ 679,723
Did GM REALLY pay back the loans ? (Jul '11) 11 min indy 26
Gay Snapchat Names 12 min Jasondan1003 1,311
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min KiMare 89,488
•••
•••
•••