how big our shadows become.
No not laughting either.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#601663 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I see them calling Him by those words.
What they don't understand is that those are words, not names. Like 'Jehovah', it's just a Hebrew word meaning 'God', it's not a name - no more than "human" is your name.
So is "Jesus" a name or is Jesus not God ?

You have never answered this simple question.
That proves you are nothing but a worthless troll.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#601664 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we have more in common with God than you think.
We have language, creativity, love, holiness, and intelligence; a mind. I think those far surpass your notion that God doesn't get infections...
The difference is that humans exist in the real world and deities exist only in your head.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#601665 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
...Do you think everything can be explained through science?
Infinitely more has been explained by science than by your magic book.

The Bible has been proven to be a worthless text in regards to explaining anything.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#601666 Oct 17, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't?
nope! do you? if so, why not act like it?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#601667 Oct 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so brainwashed you don't even have a clue what I was saying do you?
yes, i am brainwashed. wouldn't wanna hafta stand before God unless i was! have you had your brain washed from the uncleaness of this world?:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#601668 Oct 17, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
We all can see you are an ahole troll.
does your use of the word "we" give you confidence in your hypocricy? "we" as in 'the world' is never a safe affiliation in the biblical sense.

"as it was in the days of noah...."

“"None shall pass"”

There

#601669 Oct 17, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, i am brainwashed.....
The most honest post from a Christian here EVER!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#601670 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I see them calling Him by those words.
What they don't understand is that those are words, not names. Like 'Jehovah', it's just a Hebrew word meaning 'God', it's not a name - no more than "human" is your name.
With that said, you are ready to accept that Ptah, An/Anu and God are one in the same, and Osiris, Lord Pacal and Jesus are one in the same deities.
That IS what you are saying ...correct?

You can't have it both ways you know.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#601671 Oct 17, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
[1] "To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables, so that they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand." -Mark 4:11.
[2]“I have spoken openly to the world,” Jesus replied.“I always taught in synagogues or at the temple, where all the Jews come together. I said nothing in secret." - John 18:20
This is precisely the kind of thing I was just alluding to with Trifecta about how we can tell that the scriptures are a Frankenstein's monster of literary pieces cobbled together from the minds of assorted fallible and mutually contradicting men rather than the word of a perfect mind about an actually existent entity - itself.
Here are a similar pair from the bible quiz I was offering, the purpose of which was predominantly to make the point that the bible is filled with such self-contradictory scriptures that make it possible for believers to support virtually any doctrine or its opposite, and making it possible for skeptics to dismiss the it all:
[1] Men have seen God ("So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, "It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared." - Genesis 32:30)
[2] And also, no man has seen God ("No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known." - John 1:18)
What does a faith based thinker do with such apparent inconsistencies?
One approach is to invalidate one of the pair's apparent meaning by calling it old covenant or allegory.
Another is to actually hold both contradictory opinions simultaneously, something Orwell called doublethink.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublethink
Another is refuse to think about it - "I know what I believe, and nothing can change that."
And another is merely exclaiming that it is an inscrutable mystery. One anonymous Christian implied that contradiction such as these made such ideas likelier to be be true, because who would make up such things? "Creo quia absurdam est" - I believe it because it's absurd.
Altogether, these constitute various types of something called antiprocessing, a type of confirmation bias anthropomorphized with a fictional device called Morton's Demon:
http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/postmonth/...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiprocess
bottom line is that Jesus taught openly regarding the kingdom of God and His mission. these things are hidden to those who don't care or who scoff.

moral of story - seek the Lord while He may be found!

"everyone who asks receives and those who seek find...." Jesus

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#601672 Oct 17, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So is "Jesus" a name or is Jesus not God ?
You have never answered this simple question.
That proves you are nothing but a worthless troll.
No, Jesus isn't a name. It's more of a title.

It comes from Yeshua, which is a Hebrew verb meaning "to rescue" or "to deliver".

We call Him Jesus, but that's not really a name.

As I said, God doesn't have a name.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#601673 Oct 17, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That comment just made the list of reasons given me on Topix why unbelievers don't understand your bible and aren't qualified to comment on it:
[1] I took the scripture out of context. It means something other than what it says (context and implied meaning never supplied).
[2] I don't understand literary criticism
[3] It's an allegory, not literal.
[4] It's literal, not an allegory.
[5] Scripture is only transparent to those with a child's perspective
[6] Scripture is only transparent to biblical scholars
[7] I am not filled with the Holy Spirit
[8] That's the mystery of it all. "God works in mysterious ways"
[9] Man's mind is too puny to grasp the immensity of God's truth and justice.
[10] You were obviously never a "true christian"
[11] You don't have enough faith. You have to believe to understand.
[12] You can’t criticize the bible because you don’t believe or understand it.
[13] Why do we think we can pretend to know God?
[14] Scripture always interprets scripture
[15] Ever heard of biblical hermeneutics?
[16] You are not TRULY with truth and sincerity seeking God.
[17] You have to know how to translate Hebrew and Greek
[18] You are using a completely unsupportable transliteration of Scripture
[19] You have clearly not studied the ancient peoples who wrote those things or you would not come up with the conclusions you have.
[20] It takes humility to understand the Bible
[21]“Stop scripture mining."
[22] You have to be familiar with the technical terminologies in the bible before you can comprehend it.
[23] Even Satan can quote scripture.
[24] In any other field, like medicine, engineering, technology, electronics, software, computer, unless you have qualifications and experience, you are not allowed to open you mouth.
[25] You have no reference in the knowledge of God to know our experience in Christ Jesus. The Word has to be embedded in one's heart, and that can come from God only.
[26] You're asking me to give you a four year bible study course on Topix?
[27] Dont fall in the trap of being a one verse wonder. You need to understand the passage and true meaning of the verse.
[28] You're only making a fool out of yourself trying to argue over something that you are not Blessed to understand.
[29] When you read scripture, one has to discern WHO that particular verse was written to..The believer or the Non believer. If we cant understand that then YES, the bible would seem to be very contradicting.
[30] A doctor, lawyer, scientist, or engineer are so used to reading their professional documentation literally, that metaphor, allegory, parables, hyperbole, and analogies are like another language unto themselves.
[31] You are not bright or educated enough to spew against Bible
[32] I would question the person who thinks that he understands even one page of any Bible. Without first learning the language how could you.
[33] Your arguments are so full of errors and misconceptions I don't even wanna touch it.
[34] You and others like you can't understand because you're not permitted to unless/until you repent and confess Christ as LORD.
"....don't understand YOUR bible"

the solution is simple: make the Bible yours as well and then you'll understand it!

"if you WILL to do the will of God, then you shall know the doctrine...." - Jesus The Christ

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#601674 Oct 17, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The most honest post from a Christian here EVER!!!
Jesus to peter "unless I wash you, you'll have no part with Me"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#601675 Oct 17, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that humans exist in the real world and deities exist only in your head.
I suppose you can prove that.

If not, at least admit it's your opinion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#601676 Oct 17, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Infinitely more has been explained by science than by your magic book.
The Bible has been proven to be a worthless text in regards to explaining anything.
"anything"? You sure about that?

Location hidden

#601677 Oct 17, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, i am brainwashed. wouldn't wanna hafta stand before God unless i was! have you had your brain washed from the uncleaness of this world?:)
I keep my own clean and balanced according to the teachings of Ptah, and balanced with Maat. The instructions in your book are incomplete and contrarily flawed....to say the least.
The teachings I have learned make your book look like a hateful "Spot and Jeff" book, and I don't care to depreciate my person...and become like you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#601678 Oct 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
With that said, you are ready to accept that Ptah, An/Anu and God are one in the same, and Osiris, Lord Pacal and Jesus are one in the same deities.
That IS what you are saying ...correct?
You can't have it both ways you know.
HAHA!!

No, Osiris, Pacal & Jesus are not the same....

Location hidden

#601679 Oct 17, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus to peter "unless I wash you, you'll have no part with Me"
That was a nice way to tell him he stunk, and needed a bath.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#601680 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHA!!
No, Osiris, Pacal & Jesus are not the same....
Why not ?

Your imaginary characters are better than everyone else's ?

Your fairytale is better than everyone else's ?

Your magic book is better than everyone else's ?

Prove it!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#601681 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you can prove that.
If not, at least admit it's your opinion.
Your deity is as real and provable as any other.

The burden of proof is on you, not me.

GFY, Troll!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Doctor Justice_ 881,990
The Christian Atheist debate 7 min emperorjohn 4,212
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Robert F 603,863
Habesha 1 hr Insta names 1
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 1 hr GOD loves GAYS mo... 68
Has anyone ever heard of the Coudenhoven-Kalerg... 1 hr One Planet One Pe... 11
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr The swamiji 7,718
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr dollarsbill 8,459
More from around the web